Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 04:38 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mulberry
WOE: 8 Hour Diet / low carb
Start Date: January 2014
Major EFGT Question

I am, once again, confused. Is it absolutely necessary to chart every meal with percentages? Is there a simpler way of doing EFGT?
mulberry is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 10:25 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
You don't have to chart..However, if you find out how much protein you need and don't overdo it, and don't eat carby carbs and keep them around 30ish, and don't sweat the fat, then it should be fine. The key is the protein..

For most women it is around 60-90 grams a day, which is about 10+ ounces of protein spaced out throughout the day..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:57 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thank you Carolyn ....that was just what I wanted to hear. I have the carbs under control and I am going to really investigate my typical day's protein consumption to make sure I am not going over that average amount....and, as far as the fat is concerned....well, I think I am doing ok in that department what with using butter, full fat cottage cheese, bacon, avocado, blue cheese, heavy cream and of course whatever protein I am eating for lunch and dinner. I guess time will tell as to whether I am doing things right. If I can figure out how much to eat of the three (protein, fat and carbs), I could really this W.O.E. I am completely away from all bread, sugar, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc. Don't even miss them. I have added fresh raspberries and strawberries once a day which is delightful considering I could never have them on Atkins.
So, again, it's all a matter of determining what my daily intake should be . I wish there was a chart or a list showing how much of each to eat at a person's specific weight...i.e., since I weigh 212 and have at least 60 pounds to lose....every day I would need ___ oz. of protein; ___ gr. of fat; and ____ carbs to see a weekly loss of around 2 pounds.
I know things cannot ever be guaranteed, but it would be a great set of guidelines for this W.O.E.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:00 PM   #4

Glad that helped. Unfortunately for us women it is a calorie thing, too. I go to a LC dr and she said for me not to go over 1300 for weight loss with 70 grams of protein.

So, it also might help to ballpark calories so you aren't eating too many. Probably 1300-1500 would be a good start for you. HTH.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:06 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Got to do the math I guess

Yes, that was what I was thinking also. This IS going to involve some math, not my best subject -- I was an English major in college but sucked at math!!! Anyway, I have started a detailed accounting of everything that I am eating with its protein, fat and carb value. This will start to give me an idea of whether or not I am in the guidelines for EFGT. I won't have any problem with the carbs. I think I can easily keep them under 30 per day. But I need to concentrate on the protein and fat. This is something that I am not used to---and trying to stay around 60 grams of protein probably is going to be harder than I thought especially considering the fact that a lot of the fat in my diet comes from things like bacon, beef, eggs. But, if I want to try this WOE, I'm just going to have to work at it. It's not that I think there's any miracle here....it's just that this low carb/high fat eating is one of the only ways I can control my appetite. So I guess in exchange for that advantage, I will have to "do the math" and be very careful as to the critical numbers. I guess, in time, you become used to what and how much you can eat of protein and fat to keep the scale moving down. Right now, the scale is not moving at all.....even after 7 weeks of Atkins!! I'm either doing something very wrong or I have a serious problem that is keeping me from losing. And, maybe I was consuming too many calories....but I don't think so because since this WOE really supresses my appetite, I think I was eating far less than I normally do.
I STILL have never received an answer on the board about the low dose beta blocker that I take and whether anyone has ever had problems with weight loss while taking it. The "powers that be" moved my question to the medical section
Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 AM   #6

I think a good thing to do is to eat a normal day's worth of food, then figure out the calories and see where you are. Of course, we can eat a bit more than if we were on a low fat plan, so that is helpful.

I don't know anything about beta blockers and weight loss. You might goggle it and see what comes up. If it does affect your weight loss, then you have to be very diligent on your plan.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Bregeli
Stats: 183/178/128
WOE: HFLC Moderate Protein
Start Date: 3/20/2014
I recently read somewhere that 1 gram per 1 kilogram of lean body mass is adequate protein, and that protein consumed in excess of that amount may end up converted to glucose. I believe this ratio was mentioned in an interview Dr. Mercola did with Dr. Dominic D'Agostino. You might still be able to search for this interview and find it. I found it very informative.
Bregeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:43 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spydurgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by mulberry View Post
I am, once again, confused. Is it absolutely necessary to chart every meal with percentages? Is there a simpler way of doing EFGT?
If you go to ************ , they will figure it out for you. You just put your foods in and it tells you exactly what's in it and the right percentages. I plan my meals out ahead of time, so I can see how much fat I need, etc. I have the same username on there....look me up and I'll help you. There's a lot of us on there, too.
Spydurgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Spydurgurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spydurgurl View Post
If you go to ************ , they will figure it out for you. You just put your foods in and it tells you exactly what's in it and the right percentages. I plan my meals out ahead of time, so I can see how much fat I need, etc. I have the same username on there....look me up and I'll help you. There's a lot of us on there, too.
They wouldn't let the name of the ap show. Sorry. I don't know how to message on here...if you do, IM me and I'll tell you.
Spydurgurl is offline   Reply With Quote