Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Cindy - that is absolutely beautiful!
Found out a coyote stole my sister-in-law's papillion in January. Flew over their fence while she was looking away - she heard a yip from her dog and saw the coyote with the little dog in its mouth. Ugh.

Ready for shake recipes!!

Well it turned out to be a 3-day car trip. We hit it hard the first day, then took it easy the next 2. Got her home at a good time. The wind has been disturbingly high, and we went through dust storms, which just made her wonder more and more why she was being removed from Tucson! Can't blame her.

My brother-in-law has my DMIL's car keys, so we won't worry about that. As long as it is even cool, DMIL probably won't venture outdoors. I sure hope she doesn't hurt herself on her stairs. We will go back this weekend and stay with her - see how she's settling in. BIL offices out of his mother's home so he's there every day and they have breakfast together.

Carolyn how is Alex doing on the Levemir? Or is it too soon to ask?

Debby I don't know whether eating sugar or lots of carbs can be a factor in a UTI. I just threw together everything I was noticing without thinking whether they are linked or not. Sorry.
DMIL did not let a sign go unread or a mountain top or cloud formation go un-commented-upon . I was well-cared-for as a driver and heard lots of her stories from growing up. She is simply a happy person, which is always nice to be around!

Sandy have you avoided the stomach bug? Sure hope so. So nice of you to take your DGGS his gifts while he's feeling a little punk. Bet you're looking forward to your visit with your dad.

Carolyn if you have popcorn it makes me want to cheat.
Personal responsibility, Judy. Steady...... steady......

to all !

DD brought DGS over while she takes a long walk. What a treat!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #182
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Judy, that would be horrible to witness! We quit letting the girls on our back deck, even though they couldn't get out, because we feared an owl would swope down and snag one.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi all!
Have a great time Sandy!
Carolyn good for you, do you color your own hair? Hope it comes out as you like.

Cindy - great pic!
Good for you Judy, you made it! Poor pooch!

Enjoying beautiful sunshine & melting snow. I had to walk Molly today, since she's got holes in her front paw-pads. Found a stick & she had a jumping good time the whole way... old game.
I'm annoyed by some water retention - caused by taking ibuprofen last week... waiting (not too patiently) for it to leave! I know, its just a number... but it bugs me.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:38 PM   #184
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals,

I found the shake recipes from the dr. Some are funky. I think I will scan them into my computer and I can email them to those who want them. I don't think I have MK's email. Just pm me.

So sad about that little doggie. We have owls, coyotes, and bobcats out here. There are some outdoor kitties, but sometimes they disappear.

Enjoying Dancing tonight!!! Poor Billy Dee is hanging in there with 2 hip replacements.

Alex did very well today on his first shot of Levemir. He went 12 hours before he needed another dose. I'll be up a lot tonight testing him to figure out his right dosage scale.

I always dye my own hair. I use Avon color as my Avon gal remembers what I order!lol

What a great picture, Cindy!!!!

Molly has holes in her front paw pads????

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Apparently the ice is not right for running on. So she is restricted from her running till it melts.
Oh good, nice the avon gal keeps track for you! I know, its hard to remember sometimes.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 07:15 PM   #186

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I took a picture of my hair color and it's in my phone. And it's always with me, which helps a lot. I do that with a lot of stuff nowadays.

Cindy, I love that pic!!!

Judy, you are the epitome of grace and patience. My hat is off to you and admire you so much.

Poor Molly!!

No flu yet. I don't have time for it this week. My dad and I plan on fishing as much as possible while he's with us. I sure hope we catch something or my interest may wane.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 PM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Debby - "restricting" Molly's run? Best of luck to you!
I wouldn't have known about the water retention from ibuprofen if it weren't for this group. I am sure it WILL go away.

Hmmmm, Sandy, I may have described myself too well....
So nice to have your dad with you!

If I weren't blonde I would COMPLETELY dye my own hair!! But I've always been blonde, even before I colored it. I didn't color it until I started being grey.

Carolyn I'll be thinking of you tonight and your devotion to dear Alex. You are a doll.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:41 AM   #188

Good morning!!

Alex did great all night!! The advisors at the diabetic cat care forum are amazed how well he has done so far!!

Yes, if I were a blonde, I wouldn't even try to dye my hair!! Bad things can happen. But us brunettes don't have that problem.

Poor Molly. No running? But the ice can be like glass I'm afraid. Maybe she needs little doggie boots.

You and your dad are getting lots of Vitamin D. Hopefully a fish will come along.

I think I'll hop back in bed.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 AM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good news from Carolyn & Alex! He must be a wonderful companion and member of your family.

I must travel more often.

My skinny sister and I both noticed we gained 5 pounds, all AFTER Christmas. We were both happy with our weight, neither of us think we were eating more. We both gained it right around our waists. We were both surprised, because we thought we'd been eating all my good cooking during my mother's recovery and had gone home to less food.

Christmas Eve was the last night I spent at my mother's house. The weight gain for both of us happened during January & February.

So I've been gone a week. I flew to Tucson and sent some of "my" food with my DH who drove to Tucson. I didn't get into "my" food. I ate eggs for breakfast every morning no matter where we were. I ate lunch every day and a big dinner every night, all on plan. A French fry or two here or there. I was never tempted by any dessert because I knew I could make my own if I wanted - when I got home. Just didn't interest me. Bread did not interest me. I don't know why.

I noticed my DMIL really craved and ate a LOT of carbs. She ate desserts after lunch and after dinner as well. This is new for her - she's usually quite disciplined about her eating, but had previously been proud of herself for eating only small amounts of meat. Her current doctor has told her she needs to eat more red meat.
But I kept seeing her choose pancakes, waffles, cereals with skim milk and bananas, sandwiches, hot dogs, and dinners with mashed potatoes and always dessert. She has really gained weight.

I have lost 2 pounds after my trip.

I think I need to start eating out more!
Old 03-18-2014, 09:36 AM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hello dear Friends!

Since I got up this morning but not feeling very much energy, I took the time to catch up on my good friends here. I see we have some new friends as well, so happy you found our little group. Several different approaches to eating here but the friendship is REAL!

Sounds like a lot has been going on with your families, pets, weather, etc! Was so interested and dismayed to read about the UTI and dementia connection, kind of scary with all the UTI trouble I have and I can say that for me, it is definitely worse when I eat more sugar. Just got over another bout and trying to eat less carbs as a result.

We have had the most wintry weather this winter that we have had since I moved to TX in 1981. I hope this means our summer will be cooler! I sure would enjoy that.

Had a wonderful visit with my sisters in AZ the end of Feb. and, going to NE to see my oldest DD and her family next week while my DGD and DGS are on spring break. Since they are both in college and both work, I don't get to see them nearly enough.

Have to tell you about my latest, very cool gadget. A Neato robotic vacuum! Which I bought with some of my toffee earnings. With 4 cats, my house was just becoming a blur of fur! And, I'm afraid that although it needed it, I am too busy (that means lazy) to vacuum daily. I keep the guest bedrooms and bath doors shut to keep cats out of them and the neato has really helped keep the other rooms tidy. The cats don't ride on it but soon were quite happy to have a new servant around to clean up after them. I have it programmed to run every day and am amazed at the amount of fur it picks up daily. Love it!

Thanks to FB I have kind of kept up with some of your comings and goings.

Hugs all around
Old 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM   #191

Hi!!!!

Buffy, so good to hear from you. Congrats on your robot!! I bought a cheaper version years ago and need to replace the battery. I did love it!!! Have fun traveling!!!

Judy, my mom loved sweets as she aged. They say that sometimes that is the last taste bud to go!!! Congratulation on the 2 pound loss!!! Worry will do that to you.

Alex is doing fine. We had to adjust his Levemir down a notch because he was going low, which is not deadly when you have a cat who is only eating LC food. I just fed him a little food and he went back to normal.

Scarlet came over and we watched The Croods while we both knit. Lol. Then we went out for lunch. Of course
Old 03-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #192

Well Dad caught 3 little fish today and I still caught nada! Plus both of my new rods/reels are having major problems so back to Walmart they're going and I'm just getting plain old Zebco stuff!

I don't even want to talk about weight!!! Ugh!!!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:23 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My DSIL who is on the Alzheimer's Board in OKC said she saw that over & over - older people craving sweets. But I think you're right -it's the last thing they can really taste!

Sandy here's wishing you some good fishing mojo!

HI BUFFY!!!!

Scarlet is having an enviable life shared with Carolyn's enviable life!
How nice Alex cooperates when he is "low". My DH sometimes becomes ridiculous and obstinate about whatever I offer him to eat. Of course that is if he is VERY low... Obviously Alex is quite sensible.

Buffy my DD couldn't live her life without her robot vacuum. Is it noisy? That's my worry. I'm sure I'd wear it out - AND FAST in this house. Lots of wood floors but it would be very nice to have a robot vacuuming instead of me wishing the maid would vacuum. The maid's usually working or on the computer not working.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:23 PM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

My neato is a little noisy, say if it was in the room you were watching tv in. Not as noisy as a bigger vacuum. I have a lot of carpet and it does a good job on carpet but my DD who has one says it isn't as good on hard surface floors. I have mine programmed to run at 10:00 AM so the noise isn't a problem.

Made a good beef/veggie soup today, used up some veggies that needed using.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:00 PM   #195

Glad your dad caught some fish. Is it Tuttle Creek?

Yup, my mom had AD and she was a carboholic.

When Alex is low (20) he is a little hungry. But he doesn't get obstinate. Lol.

So, Buffy your Rosie goes from room to room by itself?? Soup sounds great!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:39 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Mine is named Robbie Carolyn, he just seems like a male robot. Yes, they come with strips you lay down in doorways where you don't want it to go, like I have mine at my kitchen doors so it doesn't come into the tiled areas of the house, kitchen, half bath and laundry. It does 2 big rooms, dining room, foyer, hall and walk in closet, has to come back to recharge 2-3 times but he just keeps working away. The cats feel that he is here to clean up after them, which of course, he is.

I used to fish with my brother when I was young, I was never much of a fisherman but sure enjoyed being there with him.

Pretty day here, in the 60's. Ready for spring.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:20 AM   #197

We all should have male robots working for us.

Looking forward to seeing Debbie tomorrow!!!

Had a nice legal lunch with my friend Gloria. Gonna make some cauliflower taters tonight.
I like using cream cheese and chives for extra flavor.

Hope you are all enjoying some sun!!!
Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 PM   #198
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Buffy, that sounds cool! I have been thinking about one of those!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Cindy - you look fabulous!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Carolyn if you have popcorn it makes me want to cheat.
Personal responsibility, Judy. Steady...... steady......
You make me laugh! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

My dad and I plan on fishing as much as possible while he's with us. I sure hope we catch something or my interest may wane.
Did you catch anything today?

Quote:
I have lost 2 pounds after my trip.

I think I need to start eating out more!
Definitely!!!

Quote:
Well Dad caught 3 little fish today and I still caught nada! Plus both of my new rods/reels are having major problems so back to Walmart they're going and I'm just getting plain old Zebco stuff!

I don't even want to talk about weight!!! Ugh!!!

But you're walking up and down all those steps!!
You'll be fine!

Debby - how do you keep Molly from running?

Buffy - I'd love to have a Robbie!! But he'd probably scare the dog!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #200
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - glad Alex is doing so well!!
i sent you a PM
Old 03-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #201

Hi ladies..

I sent the shake recipes to Buffy, Mary Kay, Sandy, and Judy. Those were the only
addresses I had in my book..(where did Cindy go)? Anyway if anyone else wants them,
then just pm me your email. I'll give a copy to Debbie today..

Dh just left for OKCity for his last cataract check up. His far away vision is great without glasses, but he cannot read anything without the aid of reading glasses, so that is a little annoying..But, you can't have it all..LOL.

Alex is doing great. The key is to have him go further and further out between his shots and have time for his pancreas to heal and get better, then he will be off the juice again, which is everyone's goal..

Have a great day. Will post our picture later on...
Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM   #202

Debbie and I had lots of fun..And NO chips at the Mexican restaurant..She got to meet Alex.. He liked her alot..
Old 03-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #203

Hi guys..

Debbie is a great gal..We talked all the time..No surprise, huh? What fun it would be
all get together...No lack of conversation in anyone's corner for sure..

I made that raspberry cream cheese coffee cake for my ladies group tomorrow. It is one of my favorites if you ever have to make something special for a brunch..

Well, dh drove to OKCity today, had his eye appointment and they de-filmed his eyes.
So, he is driving home. I am assuming he can see really well now..LOL..Will have dinner with Brett tonight..

Okay, if anyone tries any of the shake recipes, let us know..If anyone else wants a copy, then pm me your email addy..
Old 03-20-2014, 02:37 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love the picture of you two. That's so fun! I love meeting online friends.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #205

Love the pic and so happy you guys got to meet. And jealous! Hahaha
Old 03-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Love the pic and so happy you guys got to meet. And jealous! Hahaha
ME too!!

What a great picture and how fun you all talked and talked.
I wonder if we all got together if anyone could get a word in edgewise??

I'm willing to give it a try, though!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #207

Quote:
ME too!!

What a great picture and how fun you all talked and talked.
I wonder if we all got together if anyone could get a word in edgewise??

I'm willing to give it a try, though!
It would be great fun!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:40 PM   #208
Princess Proofreader

Great picture!! So glad it was fun!

And thanks for the recipes!!
Old 03-20-2014, 05:54 PM   #209

When my bunch of lunch friends all get together once a month, we're all talking at once and nobody can hear anything. I'm sure we look hilarious!! There can be 3-4 different conversations going on at once with several or all of us, lol.

Yes, Carolyn, thanks for the recipes!
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Hahaha! I could say that we talked and talked so that I talked myself hoarse, and that wouldn't be totally a lie!! My sinuses were bugging me last pm and driving past my allergy triggers, various grasses of KS and pecan trees enroute to meeting Carolyn, I got squeaking and hoarse as the day went by! Girls, Carolyn is SUCH a sweetheart, and such an encourager!! I am blessed she spent part of her day with me. So cool too that we have so much in common!!

I even had her take a picture with my camera so that someday I can post it as my "before" photo. I am much encouraged to get started on my journey again. DD is coming tomorrow from KC....so start on Monday?!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote