Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 04:27 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Those little mice can squeezed in anywhere..i think ours came in through the garage into the kitchen..We haven't seen any for a year..Alex is always on alert when there is one in the kitchen area. What I do with the D-Con, is put it away from Alex, under the stove, etc..Yes, you have to be careful with pets for sure. Happy hunting, MK..

Hair dye on my hair..Was a bit embarrassed to have my hair cut with a few root showing. LOL.

I need to catch up on the Olympics..I love the skating, but didn't see much of it.

How is everyone doing? I think I am on my way down from my weekend cheat...

I love Atkins bars, but they don't love me at all with the SA issues..They have to be less than 6 SA's to be "safe". The Quest bars don't bother me, so I had better make an order with netrition..Dh can have the Atkins bars.

Hope everyone will have a great day..

Buffy is still skiing??? Is Sandy home from the beach?

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 AM   #122
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Buffy was posting on FB about Valentine caramels - so I thought she was home - I forgot she was going to CO!

Thanks for the mouse advice.
i have no clue how he got in, so i'll have to just keep putting out traps and see what happens.

Carolyn - I know you'll drop the weight!!
And my stylist is the one that covers my gray - so it's all her fault if my hair doesn't last 4 weeks, right?!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:54 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn which flavors of Quest bars are your favorite? I have a bunch of Atkins bars that I'm reluctant to ever eat. SS and I thought we'd use them while we were in hospital with my mom but we didn't.
Then we thought we'd use them while we were staying with her in her home but we didn't.
I've kept a couple in my car for days I skip lunch then drive home but I've only eaten one and they're just not very compelling.

But I like the idea of having something at hand that won't undo all my work. I love chocolate and I love peanut butter and separately I love apple & cinnamon flavors if Quest does any of those well?

I have heard or read mice can get in places the size of a dime.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:24 PM   #124

I like the Double Chocolate Chunk, the Cookie Dough..I am going to order the Cookies and Cream. I also like the Chocolate Brownie ones. There is a peanut butter and jelly one that is good, too. There are tons of kinds and GNC carries them if you want to sample
one or two. But, you can also order one or two from Netrition..

How is Phil doing, MK???
Old 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK thanks - they are a little pricey. I'll pick up some a GNC then see how they do.

Yes MK - how is Phil doing please?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #126
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Those little mice can squeezed in anywhere..i think ours came in through the garage into the kitchen..We haven't seen any for a year..Alex is always on alert when there is one in the kitchen area. What I do with the D-Con, is put it away from Alex, under the stove, etc..Yes, you have to be careful with pets for sure. Happy hunting, MK..
Rosemary, God rest her soul, was afraid of mice. Terrified I tell you! Like knocking furniture over to get away scared!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:44 PM   #127

Sweet little Rosemary was a girlie girl!!

Brett got some bars at the local GNC while waiting for his order to come.. They are a bit more expensive but that is breakfast!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:15 PM   #128
Princess Proofreader

I haven't actually seen the mouse yet - so not sure if I'd run screaming to get away from it.

Pretty disappointed in the 2 cats and 1 dog though.
We must be feeding them too much!

Phil is doing pretty well, thanks for asking!
His last 8 hour chemo is Friday. Then a 4 hour one next week and a month off.
Then surgery!
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh if I had cats AND a mouse, my cat food bill would go down by half for certain!

Oh MK you have a lot going forward. I pray for you and for Phil - for healing, for comfort, for strength...

I have a friend who is a few years younger than I. She and her husband have a 12-year-old daughter. My friend had breast cancer 7 years ago and is still cancer-free.
She is a grief counselor.

Her husband was just diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer, probably spread to his liver and hopefully not his lungs. They saw spots on his lungs on the PET scan, but possibly too small - maybe a false positive. No results yet from the liver biopsy.

So if you all have an extra minute, please pray for this sweet family. They will be fine no matter what, but she has been so sweet to me while my mother was recovering... so selfless... unfailingly cheerful...
Old 02-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
for Phil & Judy's friend. Hope for the best.
Yeah, mice are a favorite for Molly. She wasn't too excited about the shrew we got her to kill, but she did it to please us... must taste like something disgusting... she certainly didn't want it in her mouth! I show no mercy for mice either... have been known to 'stomp' em.
We're getting lots of snow, which isn't so bad since its going to bring a 'warming spell.' I so need to get out in some sunshine!
I'm working on a budget in excel & need a formula to total the sub-totals... anyone? I googled it & its not straight forward... probably not a simple answer. I usually work in Simply Acc. so this is beyond my 'experience.'

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-12-2014 at 08:35 PM..
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:37 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh.....Debby, I might regret this, but email me.
I am working in excel right now.
I'll help if I can.

I only fear I can't!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 PM   #132
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Judy you're amazing!
Old 02-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Anything for a friend!

Hope it really worked - and was what you needed.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:24 AM   #134

Good morning

You girls are smart. I don't even want to think about Excel.

MK, so glad that the chemo is almost over. That month will be a good recovery time for him and give the tumor a chance to totally be gone.

Have my Christian Women's Club today. The lady from the Tea shop is giving to give a program. She is the best baker ever. Don't ask me how I know. Lol

We'll it was finally warm enough to wash the car yesterday. It was horrible.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH washed my car yesterday.
I hope the dirt wasn't the only thing holding it together!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM   #136
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
Not warm enough here to wash yet - maybe next week.

it's finally getting warmer, starting to melt the snow . . . of course we have a snow warning for tomorrow!

Judy - definitely prayers!!

Carolyn - how DO you know she's a good baker?

Debby - come stomp! Actually I haven't seen any evidence for a few days. Maybe we got him!
Old 02-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that sounds like the perfect valentines present Judy! Thanks again for that formula!
I talked with DD today. She's doing well, but really exhausted. She said the support & love everyone has showered on her has made things so much easier. She still believes she had a twin pregnancy. And is hoping to get pregnant again. I talked with DD today. She's doing well, but really exhausted. She said the support & love everyone has showered on her has made things so much easier. She still believes she had a twin pregnancy. And is hoping to get pregnant again.

The Daniel Plan... is good. What I was reading today was more about how we can't do this on our own strength. But that when we depend on the Lord to help us through, it will happen. True. Its what I've learned in years past. So great to have a refresher course. I'm thinking about ordering the DVD & study guide. It might be fun to start a 'group'... praying about that.
Hope everyone is doing well in all the crazy weather.
Funny Mary Kay! You can do it!!

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-13-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 02-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #138

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Mary Kay, did you get home safely??? I saw her driving around on FB!!! My NH relatives had 14 inches today.

My dr told me to wait 3 months before trying again. That was years ago, though, Debby. I think it would be good to start a group at your church. .

Went out to dinner. We bought our leftover beef home. Stop before you explode. Lol

Hugs to all
Old 02-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ValentinesDay2_S.jpg (2.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 02-14-2014, 07:46 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Happy Valentines Day!!!
My dr told me to wait 3 months before trying again. That was years ago, though, Debby. I think it would be good to start a group at your church. .
Went out to dinner. We bought our leftover beef home. Stop before you explode. Lol
Hugs to all

You're right Carolyn, I think her Dr said the same thing. Its been 5 yrs. since her last one, so she's not too worried it will happen that soon. But very tired & worn out.
Yep! Stop before you explode! But steak is so delicious!
I haven't got to the 'diet' part yet, but looked over a cook-book... lots of stuff I don't eat... legumes in particular.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #141
Princess Proofreader

Old 02-15-2014, 05:01 AM   #142
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Oh, Happy Day-After-Valentines -Day! Sorry I didn't check in yesterday. The BF was on in-house call so it was Pooter and me. I went to Whole Paycheck yesterday as I am hooked on one of their breads, I like their brand of unsweetened almond milk and thought I would do some perusing. I found Lemonaise! A natural lemon flavored mayonnaise. I bought the lite (40 calories a tablespoon and 1 carb) but I bet the full fat is awesome. I spread it on my bread and put roast chicken on it. Oh, my! My fav new find. I also bought their grain free cat food and of course, Pooter likes it! Because it is expensive......and WF isn't close to home!

Pooter is really sliding downhill. She is not in pain but I don't think she will last the year. Her gait is getting more unsteady. She sits with us, hangs with us, eats and poops well, but I think she will get to the point she can't walk. But she is almost 19. She has had a good life.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 05:46 AM   #143

Hi..

Cindy..That lemon flavored mayo sounds great..No wonder they call it W Paycheck with
all those fun foods to try!!

Poor sweet Pooter. It is amazing when a cat can last close to 20 years! Both of my parents cats were around 20 when they died. Does she have neuropathy? or just arthritis? I'm sure the sun feels good on her old bones. I know that Alex loves the sun..

Laundry day..We don't have much anymore with two of us. Yesterday Gary got some
38 pants! Hurrah! At one time he was up to a 44..Of course the 38s have a comfortable
waist band (LOL), but that is fine. He does need to lose another 20 pounds, and it would be great if he did!

Is the Daniel Plan all about veggies?

Men's skating was a bit bobbly last night. But, it is amazing to watch!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #144
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Cindy - poor Pooter!! They become such a part of our families!! All our cats live to be 20-22, so i just assume these 2 will also. I'm not even sure how old they are!

Love the name Whole Paycheck!! So true!!

Carolyn - yay for Gary!!!! And you - for all the hard work you've done to get him there!

Would you believe when I finished my pedicure yesterday, the tech said my bill plus a generous tip had already been taken care of!!!! Someone - she wouldn't tell me who - had come into the shop earlier in the week and paid for my pedi plus a generous tip!

*Feeling very loved!*

AND we got another 5 inches on top of the 8 we got a few days ago .... I'm so over winter!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-15-2014, 01:34 PM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Cindy - I can so relate to your love of your Pooter baby! My sweet Storm just left us Dec 2012 and was 19 years old. He'd had increasing creatinine for a number of years and was doing pretty well with prescription catfood. But in his last 1 1/2 year he lost weight and was very used to laying on top of the floor heat registers. He was so special, it was a very tough decision, but when he got worse he wasnt eating and drinking any longer. I still miss him!!

The next day a friend offered me her Mom's 5 year old Himalayan....but I said no....it was too soon. Finally about 6 wks later by DH asked when I was going to go pick up Suki....her owner had passed away in her late 80's 3 years earlier, and my friend (the daughter) was allergic and wanted her to go to a special home. We brought her home that next day. She is such a crabby girl, then a sweetheart at times. But think of it, she was "abandoned" twice! Then in Nov, my SIL from MO asked if we wanted to bring home her 8 year old male kitty because her 3 year old dog had taken over the household and Biff was relegated to the basement. So, brought sweet Biff here and Suki just really loved that - NOT!! Neither had been played with or getting loving in their previous homes....and that is what we provide here!! They are happier individually, and we are happier. But the kitties together: it's only been about 9 or 10 wks and things are getting a better....Suki is entertained! DH and I love our kitty communication again. We have had cats almost our entire 36 years of marriage. They are just part of the family!

So, I know you love your awesome Pooter. We are blessed to have our kitties in our lives, aren't we?!

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-15-2014 at 01:45 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #146

Hi gang

Called my NH friend and they are getting a third storm this week. Next week is winter vacation and the ski areas are happy!!!

Oh, Debbie. How sweet that you have lots of kitty love. I'm changing Alex's insulin to Levemir next week. It is supposed to be gentler than NPH. Will see how that goes. I have lots of good advice on the Diabetic Cat Care site.

We are going to see ds tomorrow for his church and lunch. He got a pressure cooker smoker for his apt. He is working out the kinks.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:15 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
How long has Alex needed insulin injections?!Is that your Himalyan? Are they prone to diabetes? Suki was a pretty big (fat) girl when we got her. She is our first ever girl kitty and I thought that it was just the estrogen. But I know they also have such beautiful layers of hair that perhaps their breed carries extra fat as a protective mechanism for some reason or other. Do you know? Since Biff has joined the family they almost daily chase each other in a chase me, I'm going to get you kind of play/taunting, and Suki has lost a little in her "behind!" We can spend a lot of money on our wonderful furry family, trying to keep them healthy! I'm glad Alex has such a dedicated Momma!

Last edited by Fit2010; 02-15-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:12 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK what a wonderful, thoughtful gift for you - your pedi.
And then to have to walk out in snow!

The kids & babies are coming over tonight for my belated birthday dinner.
We're cooking, of course. LOL

We had a long-lived cat while I was growing up. Back then all the cats went in & out, so she sure didn't live as long as you guys' cats. We have loved every furry member of our families as if they were human. They add so much love and fun.

Have a wonderful day friends. (DA tonight! And Walking Dead!)
Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 PM   #149
Princess Proofreader

I'm caught up with DA except for tonight.
So no spoilers!!!
Old 02-16-2014, 07:50 PM   #150
Princess Proofreader

DA help!

So my recording ended as they were all congratulating each other on what a great fete it had been . . . what happened after that???