Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   Ketogenic Diet (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/820322-ketogenic-diet.html)

Anzhelika 01-05-2014 08:38 AM

Ketogenic Diet

Hello, I am new on this forum!
I have just started Ketogenic Diet and would like to find some Keto dietpals :)
I am on my day 5 and feel great. I checked my ketone level and do not see any trace of it yet, but I know it takes up to 2 weeks.
I used keto-calculator to determin my optimal food intake in order to reach my personal weight loss goals, so, I have to eat 25gr of net carbs, 78 gr of fat, and 100 gr of protein. I find it difficult to eat 100 grs of proteins, though...
My goal is to lose 40 pounds :cool:
This is my first experience of high fat diet and it would be nice to have support and suggestions from "experts" ;)

CarolynF 01-06-2014 06:39 AM

Hi and welcome..

I think that is too much protein unless you are a body builder/athlete. Most women
should eat between 70-80 grams of protein. Your carbs are a tiny bit high. Try starting
with 15 carbs and lowering your protein and don't worry about the fat and see how that
goes.

Best of luck and keep posted. Are you testing using the sticks? or the blood ketones?

Anzhelika 01-06-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16743811)
Hi and welcome..

I think that is too much protein unless you are a body builder/athlete. Most women
should eat between 70-80 grams of protein. Your carbs are a tiny bit high. Try starting
with 15 carbs and lowering your protein and don't worry about the fat and see how that
goes.

Best of luck and keep posted. Are you testing using the sticks? or the blood ketones?

Thank you! I will try that!!!:shake:

Anzhelika 01-06-2014 07:45 PM

Carolyn, and you mean 15 net carbs (total carbs - fiber carbs), right?

Mistizoom 01-06-2014 07:48 PM

You might want to check out the Nutritional Ketosis subforum. That's where most of the keto types hang out (assuming you mean low carb, moderate protein, high fat when you say Ketogenic diet).

Nutritional Ketosis / High Fat, Low Carb - Low Carb Friends

CarolynF 01-07-2014 01:43 PM

Yup, net carbs..And Misti gave you a great place to be..:)

Fast Eddie 06-17-2014 06:07 AM

Anzhelika-- Good Protein drinks.

If you're looking for a GREAT PROTEIN drink try--ISOPURE whey isolate (big variety of flavors). They are ZERO carb, no powder&water mixing,40g protein,160 calories, 0 fat. Very expensive like 36 bucks for a 12 pack. Better tasting than Gatorade or PowerAde. I keep a few in my cars "cold box",.Great after a walk on a hot day ,or some treadmill time at the gym. Vitamin Shoppe carries them&will ship right to your door FREE. (how cool is that??). Like the others said don't over/do the protein thing,STAY IN ATKINS RECOMMENDED PARAMETERS,or you may do more harm than good. Everyones situation is different. Hope this helps you in your mission. Sicerely,Ed

lil.trubl 06-25-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anzhelika (Post 16742555)
Hello, I am new on this forum!
I have just started Ketogenic Diet and would like to find some Keto dietpals :)
I am on my day 5 and feel great. I checked my ketone level and do not see any trace of it yet, but I know it takes up to 2 weeks.
I used keto-calculator to determin my optimal food intake in order to reach my personal weight loss goals, so, I have to eat 25gr of net carbs, 78 gr of fat, and 100 gr of protein. I find it difficult to eat 100 grs of proteins, though...
My goal is to lose 40 pounds :cool:
This is my first experience of high fat diet and it would be nice to have support and suggestions from "experts" ;)

My doctor told me if I'm working out I should be eat 100 g. of protein to feed the muscles.