Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Well, you hit the nail on the head - I hope I'm in the pasta-making mood, too!!
I tell you what. I'll be in the mood as soon as I get it!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2014, 09:28 PM   #242
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Judy - so glad your mom is doing so much better!!

Sandy - I always over-pack - and then I spend all my time in a swimsuit and 2 pairs of shorts! Let me know how it goes!

Buffy - so happy you feel better!

Debby - I agree - nightlights!

Carolyn - Phil has an 8 hour Friday, then a 4 hour Friday and then 2 weeks off.
This was the 8 hour Friday.
He keeps feeling worse - there is a shot they can give him, which he should have gotten today - but he wants to wait until tomorrow.

I'm just feeling like I have to take care of everyone and I don't want to!
*pout*

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:10 AM   #243
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
MK, I can't even imagine how overwhelming this all is. And I also can't imagine what Phil and your family would do without you there holding it all together. It's so obvious from your posts how close your family is and how much you are a pillar of strength for them all. Maybe when Phil is done with his treatments you can suggest a getaway together just to relax and refresh or maybe you can just go away by yourself or with friends to really relax, regroup and refresh. As we know, women put everybody else in the family first and their needs come last. And I think that's fine; that's just who we are and what we do. But hopefully there will come a time very soon when YOU can take some well deserved time for yourself. I think it's very smart of you to not give up your gym time during all of this. I'm sure that's a very important outlet for lots of pent up emotions and feelings.

And I will let you know how the packing idea works. I always overpack too and like you wear swimsuits and 2 pairs of shorts and a couple of tops the whole time. I'm determined to do this this time!!! It's funny because the only things I'm actually thinking about adding to my suitcase is a couple more swimsuits!!! Hahaha.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 AM   #244

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

I'm sure he will feel better by his Friday treatment..Then 2 weeks off to recuperate, which will be a good thing. Praying that he does feel better and that the shot will work..
Yes, MK, you have three generations to care for..Mom/Dh/kids..Take time for yourself if you can.

Judy, glad you mom is driving, but not cooking..What is wrong with that? LOL..
Brett leaves this afternoon around 2:45..I asked him to text me when he got checked in.
Akk..I'm such a Mom.

Sandy, you just have to control yourself on the packing..Shut the suitcase, and don't add anything..You only need 2 suits..One to wear, and one drying on the line..

I'm going to look up Judy's new toy that is coming in the mail....

Off to Bible Study/then more knitting lessons for Samantha.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 AM   #245

Lol, yes Carolyn, I know I only need 2 suits. I already have 4 packed and still want to add a couple. I'm so bad!! But since that's mostly what I wear the whole time I think I need a variety, lol.
Old 01-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Suits take very little room!

First day of no company and I am fighting off laziness
But, I promised Grant we would go out for lunch before we get his allergy shot, that forces me to get moving.
MK, try to keep up your rest and take care of you during all this, stress really can get us down.
Our cats really didn't appreciate the company and are very glad to have our house back. Being used to just us 2 seniors, they are pretty shy!
Supposed to be pretty weather here all week.
Wow Judy, surprised to hear Mom is driving and it is surprising to find out how well DH and I survive on very little cooking! I did however, cook 3 of the nights our company was here, shocked all of us lol.
What's our Cindy been up to?
DD and Grant helped at local pet adoption last Sat., Grant loved it.although, there was one darling kitten he wanted to bring home!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:04 AM   #247
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Oh my, the sales are on! The bread spread I bought 2 weeks ago was on sale for half yesterday but the store was good enough to do a price adjustment for me! Ker Ching!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:19 AM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was wondering if the effects for Phil would be cumulative. I suppose that's the point.
I wish he'd get that shot NOW and try to get on top of feeling bad.
Never having been through chemo, nor caring for anyone going through chemo, I'm an automatic expert on this subject. Let me know if you need any further expert opinions from me.

And Sandy and everyone are right - very good you keep your gym schedule and anything else you can possibly fit in to keep yourself yourself. You can't keep spinning all those plates if you are in a heap in the corner. Easy for me to say.

Sandy you have my permission to pack 2 more bathing suits. They're probably the size of a postage stamp so enjoy your swimsuit variety!

Carolyn - thinking of you & of Brett's exciting trip!

Buffy how lovely you have something so wonderful to get you moving around after a bunch of company leaves. I would lie in bed for a day, I'm sure....
Grant
Cooking 3 nights for family and visitors: isn't it amazing what we can do when we didn't expect to do it??? Well done you!
Old 01-20-2014, 09:20 AM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh my, the sales are on! The bread spread I bought 2 weeks ago was on sale for half yesterday but the store was good enough to do a price adjustment for me! Ker Ching!
Ummmm..... bread spread?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:39 AM   #250

Hey Judy, I tried making the pasta in my electric meat grinder. It made spaghetti-like strands, but they are thick strands. I used the smallest plate. I tried w/o the blade and with the blade. I can't really tell a difference. I'll report back later tonight on how it tastes. I'm going to make a sauce with Italian sausage to pour over my thick spaghetti. I can't wait!! I think if I had a plate with smaller holes it would've made the spaghetti fine. I'm still anxious to see how the hand crank one does b/c I'm afraid this might be very hard on a motor.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:11 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The one I ordered is definitely hand crank.
I'm going to use Carolyn's recipe with the 1T oil added, and I think I'd like to use my food processor, providing after it comes into a ball I leave it alone for 8 minutes, right?

I've actually never in my life made pasta, so I hope I don't screw this up.

I have an order arriving tomorrow but don't know if it's the meat grinder/pasta maker.
I can't wait!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:23 AM   #252

Yummmy..Hey, I think Betty had an old-fashioned meat grinder at the farm..Metal, you clamp it on to the table, etc..I'll have Gary look the next time he goes up there.

My "thoughts" on the pasta thing is to coat the outside of the pasta with flour lightly before you begin to extrude it. I do have to do this with my hand crank one and a tiny
bit of flour isn't going to hurt anyone. Yes, Judy as soon as it is smooth, shut off the machine and let it firm up.

I love orders from UPS..

Phew! Brett made it to the airport/passed through security and is eating lunch..

I made some more cheese crisps in the oven using mozzarella..Not as crispy, but a nice little cracker. I do think high fat cheese works best of all..

Okay..DA last night? Were you surprised that Edith was gone? Who is NEXT? Someone Barrows recommends may not be the best choice..ya think?

Sandy..Suits don't take up a lot of space for sure..

Oh, Buffy..Your poor kitties..I am sure they will recover soon..Does Grant have a kitty of his very own?
Old 01-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was very glad to see Braithwaite go - is that Edith? and yes, someone Barrows recommends will definitely be wrong. So... something to look forward to!
I actually re-watched it this morning because I watched it with one eye last night.
It was nice drinking coffee and seeing it with my full attention.

I did 4 reports Saturday and Sunday and turned them in this morning so at least I have one day off. I am in a little "work" overwhelm myself. Lots of things I like doing that are not work.... And lots of things that NEED doing apart from work, but work is taking all my attention for a little while. I'm sure it will smooth out as I get back in the rhythm of things.

YAY Brett at the airport! Good to hear. He's gone all week?

DH just got back from White River Fish Market. Brought back scallops and melted butter and cole slaw (did not taste very sweet, so yay) and a couple of hush puppies (ONE bite), and some onion rings (many bites ).

I will remember flouring my "pasta". I need all the suggestions I can get...

Now off to look for a vanity for the back little bathroom - the kids' bathroom. But I also want new tile on that floor. White grout in the bathroom is killing me.

Last edited by JMCM1; 01-20-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 01-20-2014, 08:01 PM   #254
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Sandy - thanks for the good words!! And yes, you can bring a couple more suits, but that's all!

Judy - you always make me laugh!

Buffy - Grant!

Carolyn - I make all my kids keep me informed when they're traveling!! Doesn't matter how old they are!

Phil's hair is starting to fall out ...... it's so sad ..... though I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it!

I called the PA this morning and got him different anti-nausea meds. Hopefully they'll help.

We were planning a get-away to Indy - but turns out it's the weekend Courtney is going to move to Chicago, so I guess we have to help her move instead. I'm hoping that will only take the morning and then we can go shopping or something in the afternoon . . . . though I do want to see DS21's apt - I still haven't seen it!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #255
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Love to you and to Phil.

It must be SO busy with 4 kids the ages your kids are. No wonder you are full of energy! You couldn't be any other way!
Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi!
Phil's hair is starting to fall out ...... it's so sad ..... though I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it!
I called the PA this morning and got him different anti-nausea meds. Hopefully they'll help.
Ah, so sorry. Hope you can both keep the faith & a good attitude through all of this. Lord please heal Phil.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:45 AM   #257

Good morning..

Boy, MK..sorry about Phil's hair falling out. That really would be sad, but the women get wigs, but guys probably don't do that. He can wear some warm hats. Hopefully, that new med will help him feel better. Not fun being ill..

And..helping Courtney move. You do want to see her apartment. Do you have to rent a truck or can it be done by cars? What part of Chicago is her apartment in. My kids loved, loved, loved living in Evanston and being near Chicago..

Taking notes: White River Fish Market. My friend ate at the Paradise Cafe in Tulsa over the weekend and loved it..Have you been there, Judy?

Brett gets to fly Business Class..and they even have a food menu..Holy smokes.

I made some of Maria's chocolate chip cookies yesterday. It was a different recipe..They were okay, but not as good as another one of her recipes. Plus, I used
those SF chips from Nestles with malitol..Gastric distress..so it limits the cookies
and I can only have them when I'm not going anywhere..
Old 01-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #258
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
MK, if they give him Zofran (odansetron) have him try to take it every 4 hours or as directed, even if he isn't nauseated. Zofran is a fabulous drug for preventing nausea but not so much as a "rescue" drug once the nausea has set in.

Hi Buffy!! I'm here, just been packing for Cambodia. I leave Thurs and not back for 10 days. It's in the 80's there so they are just going to have to get past my lily white legs!

Carolyn, I wish I was flying business class! One of our legs is 13 1/2 hours (Chicago to Seoul).

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 01-21-2014 at 04:49 PM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Cindy - have a great trip!
Wish I'd known about Zofran not being a good rescue drug. My mom used it for all her nausea and we just didn't administer or ask for it when she wasn't nauseated.
Not one person told us what you just did.

MK - lucky to have Cindy here!
I join in Debby's prayer to ask for Phil's healing. And for comfort for him and his family.

I've flown overseas business class a couple of times and it completely spoiled me. I've never flown first class overseas, but the first time I went to Europe, we sat near first class. Even though they drew the curtain, we could still see them carving the roast beef up there as they were handing us some stuff we only ate to try to stay awake. LOL

Carolyn sorry about your gastric distress cookies.
At least it is portion-controlled. I don't have a problem with those sugar-free chocolate chips, unfortunately.
I can't even find Paradise Cafe on google. Is it Palace Cafe on Cherry Street? But I haven't been to either, I think.

That White River Fish Market is in North Tulsa - I think about 17th & Sheridan.
You might park between someone's Jaguar and someone's jalopy and I think everyone sits at big tables. We are a friendly lot here.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:55 PM   #260

I remember eating at S & J Oyster Bar in Tulsa years ago. We loved that place but I think they all closed down. Is your fish place anything like that place was?

Cindy, have a wonderful, safe, trip!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

MK, hope Phil's anti-nausea meds are kicking in well.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:56 PM   #261
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

S&J's was really good! and yes, they're gone now.
No - White River Fish is not like that. That had good atmosphere. I think White River just has good food. LOL
Old 01-21-2014, 07:15 PM   #262

Hi gang

Yes it is the Palace Cafe. Duh !!! Yummy on the fish restaurant.

Cindy : Seoul??? How exciting !!!

Dh and I flew First Class once on our honeymoon to Bermuda. The travel agent didn't make the reservation in time for Coach. It was very nice. I always like to checkout the First Class passengers when I board a plane!!! I do think they should dress fancier than the rest of us!!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #263
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Love to you and to Phil.

It must be SO busy with 4 kids the ages your kids are. No wonder you are full of energy! You couldn't be any other way!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Ah, so sorry. Hope you can both keep the faith & a good attitude through all of this. Lord please heal Phil.

Thanks!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Boy, MK..sorry about Phil's hair falling out. That really would be sad, but the women get wigs, but guys probably don't do that. He can wear some warm hats. Hopefully, that new med will help him feel better. Not fun being ill..

And..helping Courtney move. You do want to see her apartment. Do you have to rent a truck or can it be done by cars? What part of Chicago is her apartment in. My kids loved, loved, loved living in Evanston and being near Chicago..
Exactly - guys just go bald.

This is just her sublet apartment until she can move in with the guys she wants to live with. This one is in Ukrainian Village the permanent one will hopefully be in Lakeview or Wrigleyville. DS21 will be in his apartment for the next year and a half . . . he lives in Rogers Park.

Chicago gets confusing when every neighborhood has a name!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
MK, if they give him Zofran (odansetron) have him try to take it every 4 hours or as directed, even if he isn't nauseated. Zofran is a fabulous drug for preventing nausea but not so much as a "rescue" drug once the nausea has set in.
Cindy - no clue what his meds are - he has 3 different ones for nausea - but I'll go check!
Thanks for the help!

Enjoy your trip - and yes, 1st class on that long of a trip would be wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

MK, hope Phil's anti-nausea meds are kicking in well.
He seemed better today - though he came home from work early.

Quote:

Dh and I flew First Class once on our honeymoon to Bermuda. The travel agent didn't make the reservation in time for Coach. It was very nice. I always like to checkout the First Class passengers when I board a plane!!! I do think they should dress fancier than the rest of us!!

Well of course they should!
Unless they're movie stars, and then they dress in old sweats!
Old 01-22-2014, 05:04 AM   #264

Hi

Yes, Chicago is full of interesting places. Does she have anything lined up or is she going to start looking when she moves there?? Best of luck to her living her dream.
So happy Phil is feeling better. Unfortunately it seems like this is the body reacts to chemo. Not fun.

Brett is going through the Chunnel today. That should be interesting.

Another cold day!!! I forgot my scarf yesterday and it made a big difference.

Anxious to see how Judy's pasta turns out. How was your thick spaghetti, Sandy??

Hugs from my phone.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:19 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I got my pasta maker last evening.
And I have to work today, even though it's from home, so it might be a little while, sorry.
I want to make it, I just have to work so hard to stay focused.

Another reason I want to make the pasta sooner rather than later is that the little meat grinder/pasta maker is really.... little. Which would be great if it works. It suctions on the counter top. I just want to know it would really work or back it goes!

Did you all see someone made a half recipe of the pasta with a whole egg? And soobee made it without the baking powder and liked the results - but not the process as well. I think I'll try a half batch with the whole egg and with Carolyn's oil - a half tablespoon I guess. OH SEE? Much more fun to think of making pasta than working!!

And when I make it, I cook it all? And it keeps about a week cooked? Or make it and cook as needed? I already forgot.

It is cold and was SO cold yesterday.

Hugs to you Carolyn and everybody else!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #266
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Hi gang

Cindy : Seoul??? How exciting !!!

Only see the airport. We head out from there to Phnom Penh, Cambodia for a medical mission trip
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:28 AM   #267

I made a 1/2 recipe the other day when I made the thick spaghetti. And I still used a whole egg and halved everything else. DH loved it!! I'd prefer a thinner noodle but if I had to I could live with this one. I made it in the morning, put a dish towel over it and let it sit until time to cook it for dinner. I froze part of my first batch in lasagna sheets, but haven't tried any of those yet. Hopefully soon.

Tapping foot anxiously waiting the results from the itty bitty grinder/pasta maker. If it works well, I'm ordering one right away!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sandy!!! You are so patient!
It'll be on the top of my list after finishing two (2) reports.

Cindy, bless you & DBF for your medical mission trip.
It's a set of skills you are so generous to share.
Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #269

Cindy...What a wonderful thing to do with your dbf..I know that people will walk for miles to get any medical care. We are so lucky here in this country. I'm sure you will have many stories to tell.

Waiting for the pasta extruder report... We are having almond crust pizza tonight..
I have made the pasta and put it in a baggie in the fridge (uncooked)..It was fine.
I do think there is a happy medium with spaghetti..My Atlas makes it quite thin, but maybe I should not roll the dough so thin and it would be okay...???
Old 01-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish I were making pasta instead of trying to explain what these people did in their title!

(Secretly still glad to be working, though! )