Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
God bless your DH with healing & peace for you both.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 AM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Best of luck to Phil on this next chemo!

MK, popcorn has always been a big part of my movie plans, if I am not hungry, then have much less desire to go to movie!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:55 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Extra prayers for your DH today MK. That's such a good idea to round up friends to keep him company!

It's amazing about the popcorn/movie connection but I think you all are right. I think I used to go all the time for the popcorn!! Now that I don't have it, no reason to go. I do want to see Osage movie though. Hope I do before it hits Redbox.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 06:56 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
MK you are brilliant!
If he is able to actually enjoy the time spent in chemo, one wonders whether it will be more effective, doesn't one? At least in the absence of impatience and boredome some good will be done only removing that right?
You are so good.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:35 PM   #215
Big Yapper!!!!

Good point Judy, you always read, and I believe, that a positive attitude so important in fighting illness.

This flu is really scary, deaths continue. A reporter, who had had a flu shot, was so sick with it that she resisted her DH pleas to go to Dr. Because she was soo sick she just couldn't do it. Mi told DH that if I started running a fever and had some of the other symptoms to take me to ER even if I said no. My immune system is too weak to take any chances but I know that feeling of being so sick you just can't get up and go.

Enjoying visit with my SIL a lot, they are leaving Sunday.
Old 01-17-2014, 12:36 PM   #216
Big Yapper!!!!

P.s., reporter recovered, thank heavens
Old 01-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #217

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Mr. Sun is deceiving...looks nice and toasty until you step outside..Our winds aren't horrible today.

We had a Going Away party for a mom/daughter. The dd and her dh are moving to Lee's Summit and Sweet Nellie is going to John Knox's Village. Nellie is very friendly and I know she will make friends quickly..

MK: Praying for Phil...I do think having "support" from family and friends really helps
everyone..

The ladies were talking about the "house" in Osage..They knew the peeps who lived there..It was in Sedan, KS..But, it wasn't about the peeps..

Well, ds called..On his European trip on Monday with his "boss's boss"..there will no checked luggage, sports jackets and slacks required, no ties..So, I told him to get more
plain blue shirts this weekend, plus a haircut. He needs a wife..LOL..

My goodness..Those flu deaths are scary..A teacher friend of mine got the flu 11 years ago, didn't go to the doctor, ended up having 2 strokes and was in rehab for months.
She still can't read or talk very well.. Luckily, she walks just fine..No driving and her dh does all the housework and cooking..

Made 2 cheddar crisps in my toaster oven..Pile of shredded cheese to make a 2 inch circle..Put it on parchment paper, 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Let cool and eat..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:22 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Carolyn I do my cheddar crisps in the microwave. About 1 minute until the edges (or a little further in) are browning.
Must be parchment paper - not waxed paper.
It is my indulgence that probably keeps me from losing more weight.
I'm not crying, though.

Buffy I thought the reporter story was going to have a worse ending, thank you for finishing it better than I thought.
I know that feeling, too, of simply being too sick to even think of getting in a car and facing people, much less a doctor's office or ER. I've had kidney stones that left me limp.

Carolyn I do believe DH's favorite aunt & uncle live in Lee's Summit! Isn't that where DH and I visited early last year? (See how I have to ask you all and I can't remember whether I've been to the laundry room! ) Then we went on to the KC area, failing to notify dear Sandy. I was a bit of a captive passenger that trip. OH! We also visited DH's wonderful aunt Ida Belle who was 98 or 99 in the retirement home in Columbia. She was as fit as a fiddle and sparky and only used her walker for balance.

A few months after our visit, Ida Belle either fell and hit her head and had a stroke, or had a stroke and fell and hit her head. She was mostly unconscious for several days then died. She was so happy and well and I'm sorry if she had any pain at all, but she lived a great life, and I'm SO glad we got to see her well and happy before she left us.

EEESH Carolyn the flu bringing on strokes? I am going to continue to get flu shots every year.

Um... no checked luggage for Brett? Harsh! If his wife was going you can bet there'd be a checked bag! LOL I hope he meets nice people in Tulsa or wherever and can find the love he deserves. He sounds so nice.

Last edited by JMCM1; 01-17-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 07:43 PM   #219
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Best of luck to Phil on this next chemo!

MK, popcorn has always been a big part of my movie plans, if I am not hungry, then have much less desire to go to movie!
Thanks for Phil and exactly on the popcorn!
It's just not as much fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

It's amazing about the popcorn/movie connection but I think you all are right. I think I used to go all the time for the popcorn!! Now that I don't have it, no reason to go. I do want to see Osage movie though. Hope I do before it hits Redbox.
It was good, but not "no popcorn" fun.
Frozen I enjoyed either way. I think I smuggled in graham crackers for that one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
MK you are brilliant!
If he is able to actually enjoy the time spent in chemo, one wonders whether it will be more effective, doesn't one? At least in the absence of impatience and boredome some good will be done only removing that right?
You are so good.
I'm so thrilled you think I'm brilliant!

I mainly do it so I don't feel guilty going to exercise class while he's there!

Quote:
This flu is really scary, deaths continue. A reporter, who had had a flu shot, was so sick with it that she resisted her DH pleas to go to Dr. Because she was soo sick she just couldn't do it. Mi told DH that if I started running a fever and had some of the other symptoms to take me to ER even if I said no. My immune system is too weak to take any chances but I know that feeling of being so sick you just can't get up and go.

I'm so glad that story had a happy ending!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

The ladies were talking about the "house" in Osage..They knew the peeps who lived there..It was in Sedan, KS..But, it wasn't about the peeps..

Well, ds called..On his European trip on Monday with his "boss's boss"..there will no checked luggage, sports jackets and slacks required, no ties..So, I told him to get more
plain blue shirts this weekend, plus a haircut. He needs a wife..LOL..

Made 2 cheddar crisps in my toaster oven..Pile of shredded cheese to make a 2 inch circle..Put it on parchment paper, 350 degrees for 18 minutes. Let cool and eat..
I used to love those - wonder if I can make them with my fake cheese?!?!

No checked bags for a European trip? Really??!?!
And i agree - how old is he - does he want to move to Chicago and meet my DD27?

I wondered about that house! It was so "old"!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #220

Hi ladies..

Well, ds has a small rectangular bag which will hold some shirts/pants, etc..No extra shoes..I think it will be fine..They are flying Business class, which has a place to hang
up your jackets..Whoppee.. Yes, too bad the kids are too far apart..

I made a funky nut bread that Jamie had on her FB page..I will let you know if it is any good..The ingredients are nuts/chia/flaxseed/oatmeal, water, etc..
Old 01-18-2014, 11:11 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn is that where she's posting recipes now?
I read somewhere on here she sold her previous site.
Old 01-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hi, It's been a while since I've posted. I'm experiencing knee pain that has be feeling down and out. I've had X-rays taken so waiting to hear now what the next step is going to be to getting myself back to walking mode once again.

I've been here lurking but just too consumed with this to be able to talk about anything. Sorry this is such a downer post. Take care and have a nice rest of this weekend.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon!!!

I hope you get your answers very quickly.
It is absolutely all-consuming to have that pain to deal with.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:15 PM   #224

Sharon, Hope you get answers soon and I hope they're positive. Hang in there.
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 PM   #225

Hi Sharon...Lots of my buddies have had knee replacements.. They wished they had
done it sooner..Keep us posted on your knee..Nice to see you.

If you go to Jamie's FB page, she posted a recipe a day or two ago..I will copy and paste if anyone is interested. Well, it is pretty good..Very nutty, kinda looks Swedish..(whatever that means)..Dh and I had a sliver and he liked it..I think it would be good toasted with lots of butter..High calories, but would stick to your ribs..
Old 01-18-2014, 04:45 PM   #226

Here is the recipe..I put in the replacements I used..

The Life-Changing Loaf of Bread
Makes 1 loaf

1 cup sunflower seeds (probably need to be unsalted and raw..I used sliced almonds)
˝ cup flax seeds (meal)
˝ cup hazelnuts or almonds
1 ˝ cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
4 Tbsp. psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder)
1 tsp. fine grain sea salt
1 Tbsp. maple syrup (for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia) (SF syrup)
3 Tbsp. coconut oil or ghee, melted
1 ˝ cups water

In a loaf pan, combine all dry ingredients. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a separate bowl. Add mixture to the dry ingredients and combine until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick, adding 1-2 teaspoons water if dough is too thick to stir. Smooth top and let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Bake bread for 20 minutes, then remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down, directly on a rack, and bake for another 30-40 minutes (it should sound hollow when tapped). Let cool completely before slicing.

Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:50 PM   #227
Princess Proofreader

Sharon - hope you feel better soon!!!

Hi ladies! Cold snowy day again today.
DH is feeling nauseated and has been pretty much all day.
DD27 is making me crazy with all her drama.
Time to crawl into a hole!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:08 PM   #228

Oh, dear, MK..That darn nausea.. Praying he will feel better tomorrow. Sorry you had snow.

I know drama.. I'm glad dd changed her major...
Old 01-18-2014, 08:19 PM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Evening!
Good to hear from you Sharon, it's ok to lurk when you are not feeling up to par!

Oh, MK, sounds like you are a little overwhelmed!

Carolyn, your bread sounds good

Company planning on leaving tomorrow, am kind of ready to get back to normal but it really has been a nice visit. DSIL and I saw Saving Mr. Banks today, we loved it!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:23 PM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sharon I hope you get answers & relief soon!
Ah, MK hope dh gets over the nausea quickly.
So good Judy, that you got to see your aunt when she was well.

I spent all afternoon cutting & wrapping meat (elk). Should finish it up tomorrow afternoon, we got the hard part done today (front).

DH picked up my new stove today, but we left it in the hall, in the box. Can hook up another day... well, tonight I forgot it was there & in the dark, walked right into it. Knocked the wind out of me & bruised my ribs. Ye-ouch! Couldn't breath for a minute...
I can hear the coyotes barking real close, they're announcing the elk bones in our yard... Doubt they'll be brave enough to come get them before they get hauled off.
Have a good Sunday everyone!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:43 PM   #231
Princess Proofreader

Yikes, Debby! I hope you're not bruised!!

Buffy - yep. Overwhelmed!
Old 01-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #232

Hi ladies

It is supposed to be 60 today!!!

Oh, MK, praying for peace for you. Moms always feel everyone's pain

Buffy, glad you liked Mr. Banks. I need to read Mary Poppins.

Bread was good. Not totally sure I will make it again unless dh likes it. I had mine toasted and put some cream cheese on it. Peanut butter would be good too

Owie Debbie!! We have coyotes here but nothing like you do. Once in a while we will see one crossing the road.

Old 01-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh MK - that is a lot.
Hope today is a better day.
Crawling in a hole is sometimes the best answer!

I am impressed, Carolyn, that you made that bread. Honestly your adventurous cooking spirit - and others here, too - ready to hop on the newest whatever made me so interested in you all. You don't think about making it (like me. It takes me a long time to want to make it) you just make it and see how you like it. And then give good reviews!

Debby!!! Darn darn darnit! That's a horrible surprise to have the wind knocked out of you and bruised!! So sorry and heck and darn!
That new stove is going to have a lot of explaining to do!

Well I don't know what we have in south Tulsa but I do think it's coyotes (could be wrong). It's perfectly well-populated and established for 30-40? years, but nobody leaves their animals outside. Outdoor cats were cleaned out years ago and I think small dogs just out languishing in their backyards were snatched. I can't think about it too long or it ruins my day.

On THAT happy note... happy Sunday friends! (sorry...)
Old 01-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Sunday to you all!
When I think back one year to how I felt and then how I feel today, wow, what a difference. Our company left this morning and while tired, I still feel good! Yippee! Of course, company who come in a motor home are such easier guests! Had such a good time that we invited them to do the same next January. They travel from their home in Iowa to Florida each January, then back to Iowa in March, then to their home in Colorado in June, then back to Iowa in October, using their motor home to move from place to place. DSIL is really tired of the whole rotation, but DBIL wants to do this. I will say, we always have a nice place to visit if desired lol.
Debby, night lights all thru the house! My solution lol
Judy, how is your Mum doing, hope she continues to heal to where you get her back like she was, I know you miss her feeling good.
Yes, Carolyn is very good at getting and trying good recipes. I print a lot of recipes, I am very good at that
Beautiful and sunny in Dallas!
MK, wishing you a lighter happier day!
to sandy, Sharon, everyone else!
Old 01-19-2014, 02:23 PM   #235

Hi ladies..

Our zoo got a mountain lion from someone's tree in Tulsa..He is a beauty and has a nice place to live..Much safer than Tulsa.

Yes, Buffy...You are much healthier than last year when you gave us all a scare!! We think it was your Very Handsome Doctor who helped you along..Hmmm..I don't know
if I would like moving around that much either..

Akk..Brett is getting ready for his trip and he said his car sounded "funny" when he went to church this morning..AKKK..Of course, I'm having a nervous breakdown, but he talked to his Dad (very calm) and he told him to try some power steering fluid so he got it and it worked like a charm. I'm anxious to hear about his trip..So lift up some spare prayers that all will go well this week for him.. Thanks so much.

Yes, Judy..How is your mom?

MK: What is Phil's chemo schedule?? Most chemo patients don't feel too well, but then
they feel better after a day or two..Not fun, though.

Dh did like the bread alot..It is very filling and I think the birds would like it, too..
Think I'll go back to my LC bagels tomorrow, though..
Old 01-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #236

MK, praying peace for you and an end to your DH's nausea and your DDs drama. Hopefully she'll outgrow that soon although my DD 45 still has the occasional bout still, lol. I have no idea where she gets it from!! lol.

Buffy, those do sound like some nice places to go visit! I believe I'd take them up on that, for sure.

Debby, I hope your ribs aren't too sore and black and blue today. Ouchie! But how fun to have a new stove! And all that elk too!

Carolyn, if you don't think you'd make it again I won't even be trying it. I like to stick to recipes that I'll continue to use and that one didn't really sound like one of those to me either. Honeyville has a 15% off sale right now everybody!

Sharon, I sure hope you're feeling better.

A friend of mine's DH fell and broke his radius by his elbow Saturday. He'll see an ortho tomorrow to see what if anything more needs to be done. This is the same couple who lost their adult daughter a few months ago and he has been battling prostate cancer for a couple of years. Plus she has a whole myriad of health problems. I just feel so sorry for them and really all we can do is pray and be there for them. Their retirement years have not been very kind so far.

Beautiful day here tho a bit windy. The pooch was happy that she got her humans to walk today.

Speaking of traveling and luggage. My goal on my next 2 week trip to Mexico is to only pack one big suitcase for the both of us. I'm so tired of dragging luggage through airports and customs, etc. We did a pre-pack trial today and we were at 42 pounds so I really think we might be able to make this happen! We have a laundry right down the street where they wash, dry and fold your clothes and we use it all the time. So I'm just taking less and will launder more. We'll see how that works out, lol. I might be crying the blues but I doubt it. I spend most of my time in a swimsuit on the beach anyway so I think it'll be just fine.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #237

I totally agree on packing light..Gosh, if you have peeps who will do your laundry, you only need a week of clothes.. It will work out great, I'm sure. And sometimes you can
wear something more than once before laundering it..(secret)..

Dh liked the recipe, so I'll be making it for him..

Mexico sounds wonderful right now...
Old 01-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooh, Sandy good luck with your suitcase work!
It is very appealing to me to take fewer items.
Then when I am packing I end up putting things in I might need. I ALWAYS overpack. Always. I applaud your effort!

Sorry to hear about your neighbors being in a bad patch. I will keep them in my prayers.

Carolyn I will remember Brett in my prayers, too! When does he leave?
I'll also remember his mother in my prayers.

My mother is astonishingly better. She is driving herself. Just not preparing food. I bet she'll see how long she can get away with that.
I don't blame her.
She still doesn't call and if I call her, it's a fairly one-way conversation. Now if you ask my mom, she's liable to say, "well what's new about that?"
But she's getting more talkative. Quite a bit more so in the last week, or week-and-a-half.
I must say, going back to work has taken my attention from her and also my time from her. I only see her every few days. But I talk to her more frequently. Thanks for asking.
Old 01-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy, it is so nice to know you are so much better than a year ago. That was a difficult time for all of us because you are such a bright spark in this group! Glad you are coming back strong!

Bet you would feel better if you visited Florida in the winter and Colorado in the summer! (take me with you take me with you take me with you take me with you)
Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #240

Judy, I can't wait until you get your Norpro grinder/pasta maker. I sure hope you're in the pasta making mood when you get it. I can't wait to hear how it does with the pasta!!!