Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2014, 07:21 PM   #91
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
It is nice to get out..especially when the sun is shining..Makes you feel better..

Well, those ricotta noodles were okay..very eggy..I added some to the leftover soup.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2014, 07:34 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hmmmm... I bought some ricotta today.
I guess I'll try them this weekend. Maybe try them as crepes, although I have no idea what I'd like to fill them. Maybe just keep them on-hand as a wrap.
That's a lot of maybes.

Starting work again tomorrow morning. Last time I worked was July when Mother was diagnosed!
It'll be good to be out and about again. I had previously worked from home, but right now I'll drive a little here and there and I'll like that better than sitting to death.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 07:41 PM   #93

I think they would make lovely crepes..OR manicotti or tortillas..Fill them with chicken, and make enchiladas!!

Oh...I didn't realize that you had a nice vacation from work. It is good to drive around.. Be careful.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:49 AM   #94

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Judy, so your mom is still doing well? All her tests came back with good results? I'm sure work will feel great after the job you've been busy with for the last few months!

I think I made those crepes once for noodles. I didn't care for them, but they were pretty good for wraps. Although, I never made them again....
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:47 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!

Debby, good idea on how to declutter. I too love to "get organized" before starting a major task.

I have to make another batch of toffee. One of my DDs made up little bags of it for everyone in her dept. at work and on the last day she worked before leaving for the holiday, she went around and pit a bag on each persons desk. One lady was in a meeting and before she got back to get hers, someone else took it! Also, DH sold lbs of it at one of the clubs he hangs out at. One of the waiters scraped together the $25 to buy a lb. put it on a shelf in back until he got off work and someone stole it!! I am sending each of them more toffee. Wow, how rude can you be!

Are those of you in the deep freeze thawing out? I know it is still cold but hopefully the worst is past.

Mammogram day and here's hoping I come home with a new microwave. Also have a couple of returns to make, waited until the crush was past.

Stay warm my friends
Old 01-08-2014, 05:56 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was in a sorority in college.
Some of those girls are still some of my best friends.

During chapter meetings, the inevitable grievances were aired.
Some of our best times as friends were secretly re-creating the incredible drama of the offended sisters. Sorry to reveal this dark side of myself, but it will lead into the next part of the story.

Even to this day (40 years later?? or so??) 5 or 6 of us will resurrect the shameful day we heard one sister stand up and say (in a loud, shrill voice), "some RUDE PIG stole the candy that had been a gift to me from my big sister for finals week...."
It was so rude and so bad, but "rude pig" was the best description of that little thief.

And those are the people who stole Buffy's delicious toffee - rude pigs.
You are a dear to replace it. Honestly I would nearly be in tears if I'd known I'd missed out on something that good and it wasn't in constant supply.

And then people could later re-create my drama for sport and amusement.

Sandy, I can't recall when I've been so excited to go back to work.
Yes, mother's results were clear. She just needs us to continue to food shop for her, make food, and see she's moving around a little each day. She's still very very flat, emotionally. I miss her, actually.
It was quite a project for me - can't imagine what it's like having been the one who survived all this.
One of her friends is picking her up today for bridge - she'll enjoy that.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:21 AM   #97

Hi gals!!!

People stealing candy? Nice of you to replace it, Buffy. Good customer service. Lol on the rude pig story!!! This is not to be confused with the polite pig who might actually ask if they could have it...

On to exercise. Check in later.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:23 AM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HA HA HA HA HAAA!!
Yes, the polite pig would have at least asked!

That's funny.
Old 01-08-2014, 07:23 AM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Buffy you are so generous to 'bless' those unfortunate people!

Judy, you're so funny, I'd love to hang out with you, think I'd be laughing a lot! Enjoy your first day at work!

Have a great day all!

(oh, a side note... prayer request came in last night... lady in our church: her cousin & school friend [both in early 50's]... passed away from H1N1)
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #100
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh dear Judy, loved the rude pig story, I may have to put a big note on these replacements warning RUDE PIGS to keep their hands off! I mostly felt bad for that waiter who liked my candy sooo much that he would scramble to come up with $25 for it, money I know was hard earned! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised at my DD workplace, when I worked at a large call center, people stole things from others all the time, made worse by having to share work stations. I once brought some rather pretty notepads to work, only to have them disappear and the next day be replaced by plain notepads! LOL. That thief had a concious! One gal had half her lunch eaten out of the break room fridge but the thief left the other half! Another wailed one day when her "white peach" was stolen, it was more expensive than a yellow peach! Went on all the time.

Debby, this flu is scary this year.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:34 AM   #101

Oh dear. That H1N1 is horrible. So sorry about that lady dying from it.

Buffy, you need to make an evil batch of the toffee so that the rude
Pig will learn a lesson. Nothing harmful, just not tasty. Extra salt, etc.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #102

Buffy, that is so nice of you! And I like Carolyn's idea. You could send along a "bait batch" and teach those "rude pigs" a lesson. Or somehow put red dye in it to maybe catch them 'red handed', lol.

Debby, that's so sad! I'm confused. Did 2 ladies die or a cousin/friend to a lady at your church. One of my dear friends had flu and bronchial spasms last week so bad she went to the ER and she told me yesterday that she actually thought she wasn't going to live to leave that hospital. That must be a very scary feeling.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 AM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

2 ladies.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #104

That is just heartbreaking! I'll pray for them and their families.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It certainly is. Scarey too.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Debby, I'm so sorry for her.

Are the H1N1 people in Canada?
I might have to read actual newspapers or something to find out if I should worry!
Old 01-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #107
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Debby - that's just tragic!!!

Judy - now I'm just being nosey - but what sorority and what's your job?
And while I'm at it, what university?

Buffy - that is so sweet of you to replace it!! How was the mammo?

Carolyn - Good idea!! Maybe exlax! lol!

I started using the Lose It app and it shows why I've been losing weight - it's the exercise!

Before that, I could only eat 950 calories a day to maintain (being short is so much fun!) but it says I burn 500 calories in RIP (weight lifting) and 250 during yoga. That gave me so much more that I could eat, and I wasn't.

So, I'm thinking calories in, calories out ~ no matter what plan you're on!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK you are probably right. Most of us on the higher-fat way of eating enjoy (FINALLY) eating the fat we've been told is killing us. And it has LOTS of calories - it is also very satiating and we tend to eat less because we feel "full".

Your analysis makes perfect sense, of course!

Oklahoma State University - Chi Omega.
They usually get the aware for highest grade point average (believe me - I helped NOT AT ALL in that concern) and most public service, etc. (at that school, anyway)

I am a petroleum landman. As is my DH.
I have done this work since 1981. I realize it may be less appreciated than the used-car salesman, but here I am. I do title work and only title work. All the false promises of others are left on their laps!
Old 01-08-2014, 07:11 PM   #109
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
You would have been a perfect Chi-O at my school too!

And what does a petroleum landman do?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:19 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am either furnished with instruments from a county clerk's office from the beginning of title (inception - a/k/a before statehood) to present and I will tell you who owns what and how much and whether it is leased and/or producing oil and/or gas and who owns the rights to that lease!

When I think of how much I detested math, I must laugh at myself for all the numbers I produce every day!

If a well has been drilled, a title attorney will have looked over the mineral title and will have "requirements."
I will satisfy requirements by preparing legal documents for mineral owners to execute to "perfect" their title.

I wish I loved it, but I do not.
There are some things we do well, but we do not love.
I do not love this.
DH loves this. LOL
Old 01-08-2014, 07:38 PM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

My eyes glazed over as once again Judy tries to explain what her job is, but, I am sure she is good at it. Kind of like my kids, as they get promoyions, I send them congratulations at being so good at whatever the hell it is that they do

Mammogram was the best I have ever had, they are better and this tech was very good at her job. I never once felt like my skin was stretched so tight it would tear! Easy peasey!

Got a Panasonic microwave, was super disappointed at the selection at Best Buy but this seemed to meet my needs. Went on to walmart and they had more and my pick was the same on so we will see. It was only $139 so hope I like it.

Called my dr office to get flu shot, they were out so I will try walmart pharmacy Friday.

Judy, thanks for what was in my mailbox today

Finished off the day with happy hour with DH.

Rainy and chilly here, warmer where all of you are?
Old 01-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
My eyes glazed over as once again Judy tries to explain what her job is, but, I am sure she is good at it. Kind of like my kids, as they get promotions, I send them congratulations at being so good at whatever the hell it is that they do

Good heavens I know what you mean!!
Title.
I do title.
Boring, boring, boring title.
When you & DH bought your house someone examined the title to make sure Mr. and Mrs. Seller both signed the deed, etc. BORING. It just is. Boring.

Quote:
Mammogram was the best I have ever had, they are better and this tech was very good at her job. I never once felt like my skin was stretched so tight it would tear! Easy peasey!
Well I wish I could have ever reported that in my whole life.
Maybe next time...

Quote:
Called my dr office to get flu shot, they were out so I will try walmart pharmacy Friday.
EEEEEEEKKKK!!! Get that shot!!! Yesterday!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:42 AM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Off to work I go.
Hope you all have more interesting things to say than I have!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:49 AM   #114

Hi ladies..

MKay..Don't tell us it is exercise!!! I love that Lose It app, too..Mine is gathering dust on my phone. I was going to say ex-lax, too.. Great minds think alike.

On the farm in Buffalo, we have some company that owns the petroleum rights and drills for gas..Will find out the name..

Some peeps have been sick around here with the flu/bronchitis, etc..

Debby: There was a scroll on the bottom of the news about someone in Canada dying from the H1N1..Who thinks they will die from the flu? Not me..

Checking the roads..I have to drive to Coffeyville this morning for a meeting..Hoping
our little old ladies show up, too..

Judy, you need to sign up for the E-Woman's Conference at the end of February, then I can see you..Really, it is fabulous...fabulous and at the Mabuce Center..It starts Friday night and goes until Saturday afternoon..

Buffy: Glad you had a pleasant mammo..Good luck with your micro..I don't expect mine to do more than heat stuff up, so it usually is fine..

Hugs all around..

I am making scarves like a crazy woman. Size 19 knitting needles and chunky/bulky yarn..There is a cool knitting shop in Manhattan, Sandy, where I spent lots of money.

Old 01-09-2014, 05:53 AM   #115

At least your work gets you out and about and not stuck behind a desk in a cubicle day after day, right? I'd like that part at least. I always hated math too and somehow ended up as a middle school bookkeeper for a few years of my life, lol. The thing I liked most about that job was finding out that the word bookkeeper is the only word in the English language that has 3 sets of double letters in a row, lol.

Buffy, I'd like to report a mammogram like that too, but sadly mine have always been the pulling, stretching, squishing, can't breathe kind. Ugh!! I hate them!! But am very faithful to get mine every year.

I think we might have to buy a new furnace! Ugh! We need to decide if it's better to replace or take the chance on repairing. Still waiting on the numbers to help us decide. Did I say, ugh? Ugh!
Old 01-09-2014, 05:55 AM   #116

Does that shop give knitting lessons Carolyn? Maybe I'll check it out. I knitted 2 scarves once. One for me and one for youngest DGD. That's all I had in me, lol.
Old 01-09-2014, 06:03 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh Sandy, we replaced our furnace last year.
I think we got some kind of rebate, though that you should look into when considering cost/repair outcomes.

Need to get a mammogram... now that I'm traveling and working... of course.

Carolyn I'm kind of afraid to leave for awhile. Temps won't be above freezing, they said, for a few hours. I might let other people travel on those roads first.

I saw that news article about the person dying in Canada from (I think they said) H5N1 - bird flu. They said the person had very recently returned from a month-long visit to China. Sad.

Even if I don't go to that conference (and I'm not saying I won't), I MUST meet up with you Carolyn, please please please.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:31 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, the on on the news is H5N1, because its rare. The several other people dying of H1N1 aren't hitting the news. It is a flu that hits healthy people hard.

Have fun at work Judy!
Old 01-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #119
Big Yapper!!!!

I agree, the flu should not be something you are afraid of dying from. I kept forgetting my flu shot for some stupid reason.

Judy, I understand Title work, at least a little

Carolyn, I need to find a knit or yarn shop. I want to take some lessons. Would like to crochet something I could donate, like beanie hats for newborns, something like that. Must google for that kind of shop.

Good luck on your furnace Sandy. Microwave decision was much easier.

Wow, have another toffee order today. Guy orders it from DH, tells him to bring it to the garage and not tell his wife! LOL. Thinking of getting DH the Eisenberg hat from Breaking Bad
Old 01-09-2014, 08:00 AM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wow, have another toffee order today. Guy orders it from DH, tells him to bring it to the garage and not tell his wife! LOL. Thinking of getting DH the Eisenberg hat from Breaking Bad

Debby that's right - the H1N1 cases were not mentioned.
Now I am sadder for those people! Except I guess they tell us that all the time - the flu is a killer - trying to get us all to get flu shots.
That type of advertising works for me.
I know lots of people aren't interested in getting a flu shot.