Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 07:18 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm all set for Downton Abby. WooHoo!!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 07:37 PM   #62
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I like Panasonic and whatever is in my kitchen right now - but I can't leave Downton to go look! Later!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #63
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I think I have that same microwave Judy! And I rarely use the convection oven on it too. I do use the regular oven on it though.

Debby, have you checked out the VitaMix? I've heard they're good for grinding grains and they do so many other things too.

My cell phone is really acting up. Of course my contract just expired. I find it so suspicious that so many phones die around the time of the contract expiration. Ugh!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:02 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Right now I'm leaning toward a Grain Mill Nutrimill. Not so expensive & lifetime warranty. My DIL has a VitaMix, offered to let me try it for flour. I think I'd rather have a mill... It costs as much as my new stove will!
I'm pinning them all to my pinterest.
Large microwaves recommended are:
GE Profile PEB2060DM[BB]
Panasonic Inverter NN-H965BF
Kenmore Elite 74229
I have saved the statistics to pdf for you Buffy, when I get your email. Or should I say after 'Downtown Abby' ?
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:04 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Debby, for some reason I can't seem to message you on FB. Will u try me? Thanks

Downton Abbey - swoon
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #66
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Hi all! We went to Tom's home town, Corning Iowa, for the yearly family Bingo match today. Took a little bit to get out of town as the roads were icy but they were clear in Iowa. Go figure!! Cold tonight, down to -9!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #67
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was having trouble remembering your name... found you now though & sent you my email.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:31 AM   #68

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Hey, dh and his brother own a wheat farm..They should get organic and sell it..for big profits..LOL..They rent it out to a local farmer in Buffalo, KS.. Honestly, it would be a great place if peeps wanted to have organic cows/organic veggies, etc..Not me..

Sorry, Judy, your team lost.. but they did play well.

Oh, my, Cindy..Iowa knows how to plow their highways..Glad you had fun.

Hopefully, we all watched DA last night. Who was Rose? Why do I dislike her so much?
Why was she let go? She wasn't the one who "liked" the dad? And wonder why O'Brien hit the road? Is she doing something else like Matthew. I'm yelling to Mary..Be a Mother!!!

Going to a new GP today..She is another LC advocate and people are told to lose weight
when they go there. She told my friend to lose 20 pounds and she was rather insulted..LOL..It is supposed to take an hour because she wants to get to know you, etc.
I won't give up my hormone/thyroid doctor in another town..Never. Our doctors at Mercy leave all the time, but my hormone doctor has been there for years..Wonder if my new Obamacare insurance card will work..LOL..(It is from BC/BS)

Debby: I would do the attachment for the Kitchenaid..Wheat is easy to grind. Although,
my friend had a Vitamix and ground dried garbanzo beans into flour. I think a Vitamix
can grind rocks.

Cold here..No school today. Have a good one and keep warm.

Netflix: Cute movie: Guilt Trip with B. Streisand..For those of us with sons..Cute.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #69

Who was Rose? Do you mean the actress or Rose the character?

All our local schools are closed today b/c of the frigid temps. It's COLD!!!!

My DH was reading yesterday how the ancient wheat is making a big comeback. Tell Gary this is his chance!!! My question is, how do the farmers keep it from being contaminated by all the Monsanto wheat that is grown everywhere. I think things get cross pollinated by the bees and then there goes the "ancient" part of it. Have any of you watched the documentary about Monsanto? Very scary.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:20 AM   #70
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Well Carolyn I'm glad you asked - yes, wasn't that the former maid who had an affection for Lord Grantham? And now she's going to be dressing and waiting on his wife Cora?
Seems like a good drama brewing there. Unless I've got her mixed up with someone else.

I really liked not liking O'Brien, so I'm sorry she's gone. Maybe not forever but I don't know why she's gone, either. I am going to butcher this, but I thought it was funny - someone interviewed her after the success of Downton and she was thrilled to be part of it, but said, "I was so hoping to be able to dress in a period piece with the ugliest hair imaginable." Something like that - she did have a bad 'do, LOL.

I agree - I was yelling at Mary to snap out of it and be a mother to her child. What a dolt. And out of character, really, for Mary to feel so sorry for herself for so long. I was quite surprised the nanny was so awful. I thought she was just going to be a convenient target for Thomas but - goodbye and good riddance Nanny West!

Last edited by JMCM1; 01-06-2014 at 08:21 AM..
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:56 AM   #71

I solved the mystery..Edna was the former maid who was after Tom to be her boyfriend..She would meet him places, call him Tom and tried to bring him down to
her level and make him feel bad that he was "royalty" sort of..O'Brien's do was bad..bad..
She is an attractive woman..but looked the part.

I wonder if dd has school at UMKC today..

I think we are all cold here..At least the sun is out and very few peeps were at WMart this morning..Tomorrow is supposed to be 40! How does that happen? A breeze from Mexico coming up..

Is anyone going to watch The Bachelor???
Old 01-06-2014, 04:04 PM   #72
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, Is Alex a red Siamese? I saw one the other day and it looked just like Alex!
Old 01-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: iakaren
Stats: 191/181/160
WOE: LC 11/06;CAD 11/11
Start Date: October 28, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Hi all! We went to Tom's home town, Corning Iowa, for the yearly family Bingo match today. Took a little bit to get out of town as the roads were icy but they were clear in Iowa. Go figure!! Cold tonight, down to -9!
I live 30 miles from Corning. Small world.
iakaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Debby: I would do the attachment for the Kitchenaid..Wheat is easy to grind. Although,
my friend had a Vitamix and ground dried garbanzo beans into flour. I think a Vitamix can grind rocks.
Thanks Carolyn. The reviews on Kitchen aid says it doesn't grind fine enough & overheats after 2 cups of wheat... which is what I expected... mine gets pretty hot just making bread.
The Vitamix is a lot more expensive than the mills I'm looking at now. And I already have an excellent blender. I just heard one of the bakeries out of town makes organic flour & sells organic bread. That might be a better option for me, since I'm not really 'into' all the baking! Think I better find out where I can buy her bread without traveling all the way to her place.
How's DH doing MaryKay?
Old 01-06-2014, 08:21 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Carolyn, Is Alex a red Siamese? I saw one the other day and it looked just like Alex!
He is an orange point Siamese..but maybe they call it a red point..He was totally white when he was a kitten and has gotten darker markings as he has ages..

Debby: I'm no baker..buy the bread..LOL..even if you have to travel..LOL.

Yes, how did dh do today??? Was this a chemo day? Hoping and praying that his body responds well to the chemo.

Watched part of The Bachelor..Cute girls..

Dr's visit went well. She really listens..I told her I was keeping my thyroid/hormone PA, but wanted her to do the rest of my body..LOL..
Nothing about weight loss!! I did tell her about my LC diet and she was
pleased.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:41 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

Loved Downton last night! Was surprised the nanny moly lasted one episode!

Dear Carolyn, saw your picture with Brett on FB. You do not need to lose ANY weight, you looked very thin to me. Just maintain and don't be hard on yourself.

Thanks for help on microwave, will go out looking as soon as I am in mood to shop. Maybe Wednesday, I have a mammogram that day.

DH went by walmart for me today and got the 1lb containers I used for my toffee this year at 75% off! Got over 100 of them so set for next Xmas!

Think I forgot to say to Karen. Keep us updated on CAD. Great plan if you don't overdo the "hour of power"
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #77
Princess Proofreader

Hi ladies!
Still freezing here!

DH Update: he was supposed to get his shot to up his white count on Sunday and then on Monday. Both days were cancelled due to the snow or extreme cold. Hopefully tomorrow!

Carolyn - Buffy is right - you look fabulous! Why did you switch docs? I thought you loved yours!!

Buffy - good for DH - great buy!

Debby - as long as they don't put anything weird in it (like a commercial bakery) definitely buy instead of making it! You can buy a lot of bread for what the mixer would cost!
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh now can't wait to hear whether Carolyn's switched docs or why...

MK thank you for the update. We are all so interested and we love you so much!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #79

Hi ladies

Thanks for the nice compliment My wonderful weight loss doctor can't
do any other part of the body. Even though she is an
OB/gyn she was hired to just do WLoss. So I had to get a regular doctor as mine left a few years back and I would just go to their PAs there. My hormone/Thyroid PA is in another town and Won't give her up. I go see WL doctor on Friday.

We are all proud of Buffy's dh for finding those great bargains!!!

Hoping Phil gets his shot today !!

It is still cold but supposed to warm up. Many of my older friends haven't ventured out even though it wasn't that bad, but it's best they stay in.

I think we have school today.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 AM   #80

Carolyn: This older friend of yours didn't venture out the last 2 days either, except for Sunday morning to go to church, lol. I'm glad you like your new Dr. That's so important, I think even more so especially as we get older. I never went to the Dr except for yearly paps until after 50 and surgery. Now I have a couple in the wings, lol.
I'm going to try to ignore the Bachelor this season. I'll let you know how that works out, lol.

Buffy, wow!!! That's a great find!! And there's nothing like getting a mammogram to put you in the shopping mood!

MK, I hope the weather allows your DH to go get his shots and the treatments he needs. You guys really got slammed down there!!!

Debby, yes, buy the bread. Maybe they can send it frozen to you? Or just order some of the flour from the heritage wheat. At our Costco I think the Vitamix is around $400. Not sure, but I think I remember seeing that. I've always thought they were pretty cool, but would just probably be another kitchen appliance I'd rarely use if I ever got one.

I'm going out today to meet some friends for lunch. I'm looking forward to it after being home for 2 days. And it's not supposed to be quite so cold today.

I made a yummy chicken noodle soup for dinner last night. I used my homemade chicken broth and some rotisserie chicken I'd frozen and for the noodles I used some Dreamfields spaghetti broken up into small pieces. DH said it's the best he ever had!! It sure wasn't hard to make.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 01-07-2014, 05:56 AM   #81

LOL..I watched part of The Bachelor..He is very charming..I think he is attracted to the Opera Singer, but I don't think she thinks he is in her "league"..

Have fun going out..It is supposed to be 30 by noon, so that will help. Your soup sounds
wonderful. Rotisserie chickens are amazing to use in different things..and about the same price as a raw one..

When is the move to the Little Apple??? They get snow, too, unfortunately.

I think I'm going to try to make the ricotta crepes today and then slice them into noodles..Let you know..
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh thank you. I've been interested in those crepes but have other things in front of them I'll probably try first.
I'll be glad to hear what you think.

Sandy this older friend has stayed in the last couple of days too! That made me laugh. We are predicted to have some temps in the 40s or something! Whiplash temperature!
Old 01-07-2014, 06:45 AM   #83

I just downloaded a couple of Beth Moore books free on my phone from Amazon.

I also ordered six bags of bagels from the Great Low Carb Bread Company. i
Old 01-07-2014, 08:49 AM   #84
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning,

MK, hoping Phil can get his shots soon but not be out in any bad weather.

What? Mammograms don't make the rest of you crave shopping LOL!

Sounds like DHs brother and wife will be visiting this weekend, they will be on their way from their frigid Iowa house to their warm balmy Florida house. They are traveling in their motor home so not sure if they will be sleeping in our house or their rolling home but must be sure the guest room is ready.

My house needs to be cleaned and decluttered from top to bottom and I just run out of energy thinking about it! Used to do that once or twice a year, what happened?

Stay warm my friends
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:14 AM   #85
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakaren View Post
I live 30 miles from Corning. Small world.
Oh, where? My BF was raised in Corning. We also did a tour of the Villisca Ax murder house. A little macabre but an interesting tour. It is considered one of the most haunted places in the US, if you believe that stuff.

All right, not good! I gained 8 pounds in Dec! I don't doubt it.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:12 PM   #86

Cindy, you will lose it fast.. Never heard of that "house"..However I have a friend who loves haunted places and she lives in WDMoines..

I did make those crepes just now. 1/2 cup of ricotta/4 eggs/pinch of salt/sweetener if you are making sweet things..Mix in a blender and in a well greased pan, swirl 1/4 of cup of the liquid, wait until edges brown, then flip.

My opinion: Make sure your pan is well greased (almost for every one). I used a small
frying pan and they turned out fine. Very eggy, but very tender. I sliced them up and will add them to our soup tonight as it warms up.

Hair appointment at 4:15..I am hoping she calls me to come in early because of some LOLs that don't want to come, but they get their hair done, no matter what..
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #87

Welcome to the club Cindy!! My overall average wasn't too bad but if you compare my beginning and ending weight!! Yikes! But I'm working on it now.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:45 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Debby, yes, buy the bread. Maybe they can send it frozen to you? Or just order some of the flour from the heritage wheat. At our Costco I think the Vitamix is around $400. Not sure, but I think I remember seeing that. I've always thought they were pretty cool, but would just probably be another kitchen appliance I'd rarely use if I ever got one.
Thanks Sandy. I'm in Canada... priced one out "$469.99". We get charged more on everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I just downloaded a couple of Beth Moore books free on my phone from Amazon.
Cool! I should do that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
What? Mammograms don't make the rest of you crave shopping LOL!
My house needs to be cleaned and decluttered from top to bottom and I just run out of energy thinking about it! Used to do that once or twice a year, what happened?
Oh I think they would!!
Buffy, know the cure to get going on de-cluttering? decide to do your taxes!! That's what I did Saturday... decided to get started on taxes... I did more de-cluttering than anything!! Just trying to escape!
Hope everyone's keeping warm!
Old 01-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Buffy, know the cure to get going on de-cluttering? decide to do your taxes!! That's what I did Saturday... decided to get started on taxes... I did more de-cluttering than anything!! Just trying to escape!
Hope everyone's keeping warm!
HOW TRUE IS THAT???
My house is never so clean and tidy as when a worse job looms ahead.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:08 PM   #90
Princess Proofreader

I've been in the house for 3 days - did finally get some stuff done today!
Definitely going to the gym tomorrow and yoga later in the day - in between is the vet, grocery store and Target - most of the workout things I bought last week are on sale this week! Go figure!

Debby - yes it's amazing how much I can get done when I'm trying not to do something else!

Carolyn - I'm glad your LC doc is still around!

Sandy & Cindy - You both lose so quickly, I wouldn't worry about it!!!

Judy - thanks! Love you too!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°