Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yup, cold weather coming our way..But no wind, which makes a big difference so far..

Debby always wins our "Coldest Spot" prize..

Ds is pretty well packed for the Saturday move..Yipee..It will be very cold, but clear in Tulsa..So will dress warmly.

My turkey broth smells delicious....

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2013, 01:15 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Yay for no wind.
We have some wind now.
Our little bit of snow has definitely changed to sleet. I bet they wish they'd kept the kids out of school.
Yes, Saturday is supposed to be cold but clear - good day.

It is also OU v. OSU and we should all root for OSU.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Our winter storm is moving in. Things for tomorrow being cancelled. 2 of my cousins were supposed to drive to my house from Iowa on Saturday, not sure how it will all work out, they were going to spend the night and then drive on to Corpus Christie, TX. I'm not going out again until this is done and over.
The turkey broth will be great to have on hand.
DH making toffee deliveries this afternoon, I am making more toffee ��
Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And I wish I were eating that toffee...

Not to make Sandy jealous, but we do have that Hood milk here and the super walmarts have the chocolate version. It makes THE BEST hot chocolate!

I'll try to pacify myself with that since I have no Buffy Toffee.
Old 12-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

You are lucky Judy, I have never found the Hoods chocolate.

Just got an update from Grant on the weather, he loves weather and will be glued to the tv.
Old 12-05-2013, 04:47 PM   #36
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - there are some good Silk and Coconut Milks that are chocolate peppermint flavors or egg nog!
Old 12-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #37

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Next time I go to Topeka or Manhattan I'm going to look at Walmart and see if they have the Hood milk. I really liked the chocolate warmed up in the winter. Now I'm depressed!!!

Just kidding Judy!!!! But I do wish I had some!! And some of Buffy's toffee. Which I surely do NOT need. My will power has been quite weak lately,which is not good at this time of year.
Old 12-06-2013, 04:51 AM   #38

Hi ladies..

Brrr..We have a tiny skiff of snow here, but it is cold..Today Brett is packing the truck..I told him I would help him in the a.m. and his friend will help move the big stuff in tomorrow and drive to Tulsa with us. Our friends are moving and they sold him a 10 yr old washer and dryer for $50..

I will have to look for that nommie sounding milk...Thanks, MK..Sometimes you get
overwhelmed in the dairy department..We do have both CC milks..Let's hope Sandy can find it in Topeka/Manhattan...No KC Walmarts carry it?

Buffy: I think your cousins will be fine on the road..Cold, but fine..Isn't this stuff supposed to leave by this afternoon???

How is your Christmas shopping going???? Akkk...I am going to have to make an inventory of what I have already bought for peeps..Brett got 2 big pre-presents (shoes/nice suitcase), so he will have to give me some other hints..Oh, yeah, and
Dh got his new eyes...LOL..

On my FB post, Buffy and I are loving those old songs that meant so much to us when
we were growing up.. Jerry Butler..what a voice..

Hugs all around..Keep warm..

Old 12-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Dallas has been cancelled ��

Isn't full light yet but can still hear it snowing ⛄️Because it has ice mixed in, going to be a mess for a while. Thankfully, all of my family is able to be at home safely until this passes.

Yes, I think by the time my cousins get to the affected areas on Saturday, the roads will be clear.

Kohls has a sale starting at 3:00 pm that has some things I want for gifts so I told DH he would be taking me ��. I don't have a lot of Christmas shopping as our family stopped adult gift exchanging a couple of years ago, we just buy for the kids. Really takes a lot of stress out of the holiday.

Stay warm and safe my friends ��
Old 12-06-2013, 06:15 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I probably said this last year and I'll probably say it next year: I wish so much we would not have a gift exchange for the adults.
I would love to get that perfect gift for every single person, but it's always a flurry of shopping and wrapping and hoping.
I can always suggest...

SS and her husband are going to Hawaii for a week, starting tomorrow morning, so I am packing strategically to stay at my mom's for a little over a week.
During that time I'll have choir rehearsal, an actual performance, and another performance for our Blue Christmas service during next week.

Of course I'm picking up my own house, re-arranging things and putting out Christmas.
I think I'll make a pot of chili for DH and me if I ever visit at lunchtime.

Carolyn I hate the thought of you all going in and out in this cold. Please bundle up!
And what a great "get" for Brett on the W/D!! That's the way to do that for sure.

And Jody's Pumpkin Bake is going to happen today too. So easy, so good.
Old 12-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #41

I haven't checked at all the Walmarts but at the few I have checked they don't carry it. My closest one used to, but quit over a year ago. I made your milk recipe Carolyn forever but finally just decided to use 1/2 & 1/2 the few times we needed milk.
Very cold here but not windy so that's good. My nephew (in Broken Arrow) finally got to use his snow blower this morning for the very first time. He bought it 3 years ago, lol. I saw pics, it wasn't much snow at all so I'm sure the move will go fine.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 12-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #42
Princess Proofreader

No snow or ice here - it all went south of us - just bitterly cold!
Old 12-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #43

Hi gals..

Well, I did some cleaning and some packing..Dh is over there supervising the guys..We hired a big college kid from church and tomorrow we are hoping to get another big college kid (ds's friend) to add to the mix.

We had a skiff of snow, but places are slick, so have to be careful.

Oh my..OSU will be frozen tomorrow night. I do think they will win and hope so..Although, I don't think the peeps at the Eye Clinic thought they would..OKCity peeps
think differently.

The only adults I buy for are my kids and my dh. It makes life very easy.. However,
if we had a big family, a gift exchange would be fun.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

So unusual here to get snow and ice and then, to actually have it stick around. Not supposed to be above freezing until Sunday.

Great deal on the W/D for Brett. Yes, good strong young men are a must for moving!

Judy, you have a very busy time ahead.

Got to kohls for some good bargains. On to walmart for toffee containers, out for dinner and back home again.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #45

Hi,

Well, the W/D peeps aren't moving to Jan so it won't be available until then..So it might be dh and his little red pickup moving it then..We shall see..

Keep warm everyone..
Old 12-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
This cold front is getting ridiculous... ready for it to end!
Stay safe & warm!
Carolyn, sounds like you're working your buns off!
Old 12-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: sigmun
Hello everyone. I'm kinda new to the Eat Fat lose weight concept. I tried the diet for a couple of weeks and gained....not good since I had already gained 20 pounds this past year. Sandy was gracious to invite me to this thread and I plan on sticking with it this time....prayers for everyone that their challenges will be conquered easily.
Old 12-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
sigmun
You've come to the right place! These gals really know how to help!
Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

sigmun!

Might have something to do with total calories, sorry to say. They do seem to matter, unfortunately.

The eating more fat part worked/works so well for me because I am satiated. I have finally finally stopped looking around for the next thing to eat because I feel so full.

Moderate protein was a help, too.
Too much protein can turn into glucose, apparently.

You'll find in this group a few people eating completely differently from the Eat Fat Get Thin folks and their way of eating works perfectly for them! So you'll have lots of different ears and different points of view (hope I haven't scared you off!)

Nice to have you - good group to ask questions if you have them!

Carolyn it is so cold today (apologies to Debby who obviously gets the award for cold ) did moving happen for Brett?

Choir rehearsal today, errands, spending several nights in a row with my improving cute, smart mother (sigmun, my mother is 85 and had a giant surgery 2-1/2 months ago). Choir performance tomorrow evening.
Christmas still wants to be decorated.
Meanwhile, my mother's house is fully decorated....
Old 12-07-2013, 05:34 PM   #50

Hi ladies..

Welcome, Sigmun..If I gain, I am eating too much food or too many calories.

Got home safe and sound..Those "big" boys were a great help, but they were complaining cuz they were out of shape, too..The roads were quite clear and we had no problems..Left at 7, home by 6:00..The cold wasn't bad at all.

Ate at Oklahoma Joe's in BA, which is about 1/2 mile from his apartment. Cold weather makes me eat fries and I did and they were great. Back on track tomorrow.. It will be
weird not having our ds nearby, but we are so happy for him..

Rats on OU winning..and rats on Auburn winning..

Now, I can get my Christmas decorations up, like Judy's mom's house..
Old 12-07-2013, 08:14 PM   #51
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Will someone come and decorate my house?

Carolyn - so glad the move went well!

sigmun!!

Judy and Debby - I agree - I'm finished with this cold!!

Going to see Frozen tomorrow with some girlfriends!
Old 12-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #52

Hi..

I want to see Frozen, too. I will ask Scarlet if she wants to go as soon as I get my
Christmas stuff up..LOL.Or after someone decorates MK, they can come over to my
place.

Oh my, I just had a cinnamon bagel from The Great LowCarb Bread Company. They are great with no change in blood sugar..Like 2 net carbs..

Girls, I got on the scale..NO change..144..Of course, I didn't eat dinner last night, and that always helps if I have a big lunch..Anyone else do that?

Church today with no Brett to meet us for lunch..The empty nest is really empty..Of course, I told him I would go over and vacuum his apartment because I wanted him to pack his vacuum..Do that sometime as he paid for the whole month, but if they get someone in there, they will send him a check..
Old 12-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn Carolyn Carolyn - is that Great LowCarb Bread Company an online thing???
Mighty interested here.

I know you will really miss Brett. And I am aware you all are happy for him, but that really is a loss with both kids gone. I am sad for you!

I still have trouble allowing myself to miss a meal - even when I've had a big lunch.
I'm certainly not hungry, but it seems ingrained for me to eat. I have often eaten less, though, after a big meal.

We had temperatures in the 20s this morning and then an extremely light mist fell on the existing ice.... so THIS is the morning my mom picked to go back to Sunday School!
It was probably nice as there were not as many people as usual. Smart people stayed home!

My alto buddy was missing from the choir this morning (I've stopped singing on Sunday mornings due to lighting issues and obviously caring for my mom) but we have our Christmas concert tonight and I called her to see she wasn't ill...
No - her car had a glaze of ice over it and she did not care to drive in that weather.

I told her either I or my husband would come get her in time for the performance because I wasn't going out there without my alto buddy! She's a very strong, sure singer - very good. So standing next to her ups my game immensely. She said there was no way she was missing tonight's performance, so I am now calmed.

I want to see Frozen, too. I wonder if my mom would like that for just something to do?

I really want a low carb cinnamon bagel.

You know if we met at each others' houses and decorated, it would be a lot more fun.

- - -
OH! Netrition has this bagel??

Last edited by JMCM1; 12-08-2013 at 01:10 PM..
Old 12-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #54

Netrition has the best deal on the low carb bread/bagels. Just right now they're out of several items. Ugh. I tried to replenish my stash this morning. I can order through the company website but it's much higher shipping!! So I guess I'll try to be patient and wait for Netrition to get more in.

I haven't left the house all day and it's felt great!!! I was very glad we went to church last night before the Christmas party. I got up and made lc biscuits and lc sausage gravy for breakfast and it was quite tasty!

It would be nice if your kids were both in the same direction at least Carolyn. But at least you have fun places to visit either way.

I'm so glad your mom is doing better but I sure wish she wouldn't push it in this cold and slippery surfaces. Scary!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I'm so glad your mom is doing better but I sure wish she wouldn't push it in this cold and slippery surfaces. Scary!
I KNOW!
But don't worry about her - I dropped her off at the nicely shoveled, salted front walkway. It was ME I was worried about, parking in the netherlands on freshly watered ice!

Gravy.
LC Sausage gravy.
How do I thicken it?
Old 12-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #56

Hi gals..

Did anyone see the gingerbread recipe with lemon frosting? Shall I post it and you can ignore if you want, K?

Sausage gravy...I would use heavy cream to make the gravy and then reduce it a bit.
OR you can use a tiny bit of flour and not sweat it..

Yes, it was weird not having Brett around for Sunday lunch..But, the apartment building looks like it is full of single peeps so maybe he will meet a nice girl who "likes" engineers.

Here is the gingerbread recipe..

GINGERBREAD SQUARES WITH LEMON FROSTING
Recipe courtesy George Stella

Prep Time 15 min/ Cook Time 25 min / Serves 6

Shopping List
GINGERBREAD SQUARES
cooking oil spray
1 1⁄2 cups almond flour
1⁄4 cup milled flax seed or flax seed meal
2⁄3 cup sugar substitute
1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (no sugar added)
1⁄4 cup heavy cream; may use Almond milk
SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: 8 x 8 inch baking pan or dish

LEMON FROSTING
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1⁄2 cup sugar substitute
2 tablespoons fresh lemon

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and spray the baking pan heavily with cooking oil.

2. In a bowl whisk together the almond flour, milled flax seed, sugar substitute, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and salt.

3. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, vanilla and heavy cream until frothy. Combine the dry and wet ingredients and stir until combined.

4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when stuck in the center. Cool completely before frosting with Lemon Frosting. Slice into 3 rows by 3 rows making 9 dessert portions or cut 5 by 5 to make 25 smaller party portions. Best served cold.

Lemon Frosting
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well blended.

Calories 233/Fat 20g/Protein 9g/Fiber 3g/Net Carbs 4

PS..I am not doing the lemon flavor in the frosting, just plain vanilla.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh I thank you for this!

I admit I've been thinking about how small the amount of flour it takes to make gravy. Thanks!
Old 12-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #58

Right...and you don't eat the whole thing, either, do you?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello to all and welcome any newbies!

Quite the storm we had here but can now see the end, quite unusual for us so lots to talk about. My cousins made it to within an hour of our house and had to stop for the night, then had to get on their way further south today but I am meeting them in Austin on Wed.

My Grant will be 14??? Tomorrow. Took him to lunch today and a movie. He picked Enders Choice, he had read the book. Very good, we both liked it.

Have a busy week ahead as I know all of you do. Stay warm and stay safe!
Old 12-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Right...and you don't eat the whole thing, either, do you?
Exactly!

Hi Buffy!
Closed Thread