Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
PUMPKING IRON --- OCTOBER CHALLENGE

How did we do this month???
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn thank you.
I exempt myself due to family recovery time.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #3

Judy...You are exempt.. Of course..Praying your mom is doing better each day.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Holding at 115.4, but I think I started the month at 118.6 so>>>>
*drumroll* a loss of 3.2!!!
Last year at the beginning of Oct I think I was 120.
So not bad!

Judy - totally exempt sweetie!

Has anyone ever bought Cabi clothes?
A friend is having a party . . . .
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks Carolyn for the new thread
My stats are kind of boring, since I'm maintaining... but I'm working on building muscle & metabolism, while keeping my wt. at the bottom of my goal... worked it down a couple of lbs. last month. Would like to work it down 1-2 more & be able to raise my calories/carbs up. Switched my WOE to primal, which was very close to my nutritional food restrictions and its been a good switch for me. I've been able to add dairy, some fruit & a few more calories. Oh, also using the 8/16 eating/fasting, which has helped a lot too.
for you Judy. No grand-babies yet? Nice of them to hold off for Grandma!
Good job MK!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Debby you must have a sixth sense!
DD is possibly in labor - waiting to see...
Her due date is tomorrow - she's so obedient!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh!! Will for her too! How exciting! God bless!!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:46 AM   #8

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm still battling the vakay weight gain but I'm at least down in my safe window the last few days. My monthly average weight was up 1.6 pounds so will be trying to get that back down this month and will be trying to stay in my window more consistently. With the holidays rolling in I need to make sure I do it now!

Judy, how exciting!!

Carolyn, thanks for starting us up.

I'm having some low back issues again. It seems like every fall it hits me. I did still go to the gym yesterday and did a more leisurely walk and water aerobics but I didn't push it. Then I iced it several times through the day and used my TENS unit a few times too. It might be a bit better this morning. I'm going to do the same workout today and hope it's much better by tomorrow.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #9

Hi ladies..

Oh...maybe a baby will be born today!! Keep us posted.

MK: That is amazing..3.2 pounds in a month!! Never heard of Cabi clothes..Have to check it out.

Debbi: You are a great maintainer.

I'm still fighting my vacation weight, but was down to 144 this morning..I have a visit to my LC doctor at 9:00..I'm sure I will be up from last month since I have some carbs left in my system.

Nice weather... Have a great day..Check in later.

Sandy: Sorry for your back issues..Be careful..

Old 10-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Marking my spot

Off to Austin today but will check in to catch up and look for baby news.

Have been to several CABI parties. Fun idea, everyone can try on clothes etc but in my opinion, overpriced for the quality of the clothing. IMHO

BBL
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Crazy work schedule lately. Crazy heart rhythm for my Mom this past month, shocked three times in past six weeks, hoping the last synchronized cardioversion "sticks!" Going to Arkansas in less than 2 wks to see her! Stress + busy schedule = poor eating choices

Wanting to be good this month and have moderation if I cannot just jump into enormous weight loss I love your group's consistency and accountability!

I too am a Breaking Bad fan....but only started this year. So when all the reruns came on I was planted in front of the TV. Have been watching The Walking Dead for a couple of years. Why oh why?! But I think because the emphasis is on family. What do you think?

Judy - So happy to hear about your mom and your soon to be here grandbaby!!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-01-2013 at 08:49 AM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 10:18 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I've been so frustrated with my digital scale that I'm not sure what I did last month. I went and ordered a doctor's scale that will weigh on a balance then I will not be fooled by what it says. It should be arriving any day now.

I know my eating has been right but just can't say what my true weight is. I'll post it when I weigh on the new one.

Judy how exciting! I'm so glad your Mom is better.

Sandy hope your back is better so you can continue your sessions. Do you think it's a pinched nerve? I have trouble with my lower back from nerve being pinched. Ouch!

DebbyL you are a wonder woman maintaining is one of the hardest things to accomplish when one diets. I congratulate you and your hard work.

Debbie I'm sorry your Mom is having heart issues. My BIL has Flib problems and has to watch it. He is in beginning stages of CHF.

Buffy Positive thoughts that your energy level gets back to normal. Shuffling meds is such a job to get things right. Hopefully you will be back on your game soon.

Carolyn like the challenge name.

Well I have my ped attached to me today. We'll see just how many steps I can put on it. Dh just called to let me know he bought a wine barrel half so I know I will be transplanting some of my geranium clipping starters. They are ready for there new home now.

Will check back with you. Have a nice Tuesday.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:41 PM   #13

Hi ladies..

Doctor's report..I gained 2 pounds and I'm relieved that I only gained that..LOL..
Best exercise she is stressing is SQUATS..She calls them sink squats cuz she does them at the sink. They work those large (LOL) muscle groups..She says to do 30 a day, but watch the form..LOL..

Debby: Are you passing by SE KS on your way to Arkansas??? Praying your mom is better..

Have fun in Austin, Buffy...

Sharon..anxious for you to get a good scale..It makes a huge difference when things
are accurate.

Made my first Jody's Pumpkin Bake of the season..It is a winner...I served it warm with
whipped cream. I told dh that we are going to eat at 5 from now on whenever possible.
Gosh..I sound like a Senior Citizen..LOL..

Well, I have to re-sign up for health insurance..It will cost me about $50 more a month..But do have to call BC and see what it covers..On the cheapest plan there is a $6,000 deductible, which isn't horrible..I will only need it until next November..
Old 10-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #14
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - squats are fabulous - but make sure you stick your butt out when you do them!
Toes pointing forward, legs far apart, and pretend like you're going to sit on a chair but tap gently and come back up! Tighten your tummy to protect the small of your back!
Just put on a favorite song and do them for the whole time!

Judy - baby??!!

Sandy - I hope you feel better soon!!

Debby - How's our favorite puppy??

Sharon - I'm curious to see if the scale is a lot different than your other one.

Buffy - thanks for the Cabi input - I've decided to skip it!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 10-02-2013, 07:26 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Argh no baby!

Mom has had a bad couple of days and last night was my night to sleep at home so I don't know what the doc said this morning regarding release.

I slept 11 hours, 30 minutes last night.

I have been to a Cabi party but since I did not weigh 115 I did not care to try on clothes in front of the other gals. I agree with Buffy - the styles are nice, but the price is maybe too much for the product.

Sharon I am interested in your new scales too. I will need to dust off my scales pretty soon.

MK I was doing squats in hospital and I stand a lot to avoid just sitting - I take stairs instead of elevators but admit my mom's 7th floor is an elevator ride for me. Also the stairwell doors are locked in weird places and it kind of makes me worry depending upon who else is taking the stairs...

Anyway, my niece and nephew said I was not keeping my back straight when doing squats. If I stick out my behind, my back does indeed go forward. I can feel what I think is correct - the muscles in my legs and butt.... maybe I was going down too far for my form. I like your idea if pretending to sit on a chair but hit that point and come right back up. I'll try that today.

Sandy are you better? I have been squatting and I promise using only my legs to help my mom out of bed, but last night I was having a back issue. Gone this morning *whew*.

Debbie I am sorry for frustrating heart problems with your mom and then the resulting eating choices. I know you have a crazy schedule, but if you want me to post (sometime!) that mozzarella cheese biscuit or whatever the name is recipe - it's a lifesaver.
I came home from hospital last night and split one, toasted it, and covered with butter for what really really felt and tasted like an English muffin type bread. So comforting.

Carolyn, 2 pounds is pretty darn good for the great vacation eating - I'd be happy with that too. THANK YOU for reminding me how good Jody's Pumpkin Bake is. It might have been the first thing I made last fall thanks to this group.

Debby love the primal/paleo folks - so similar to our WOE. I just don't think I could give up dairy. But I do think there are lots of primal/paleo people who are saying that they include dairy and just don't listen to the noise from the strident "perfection" people.
Let us know how it goes with that WOE. You are off dairy anyway? Maybe?

Last edited by JMCM1; 10-02-2013 at 07:32 AM..
Old 10-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Judy - Thank you! Mozzarella cheese biscuit....please post (if you have time!) Yummy! So glad that you got great sleep, you needed it! Probably means you'll be up with a grandbaby on the way soon! Hope your mom is feeling better. Sometimes their days and nights get all mixed up in the hospital, especially with the frequent interuptions. Not an easy time at all!

Sharon - Yes, my mom has had CHF for the past 3 years too....but her ejection fraction is still ok. It's mainly that her left atrium is larger and that pushes fluid back into her pulmonary veins so she gets short of air and has to wear oxygen intermittently. Just having her not tell me all these things is what made it all so frustrating! We live in different states and though we talk a couple times a month and I see her at least once or twice a year, if a loved one doesn't want you to know something they just don't tell. Could have set herself up for this afib in the past several weeks by not wearing her dr ordered oxygen daily....she told me she just wore it as needed.
Old 10-02-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Argh no baby!

Mom has had a bad couple of days and last night was my night to sleep at home so I don't know what the doc said this morning regarding release.

I slept 11 hours, 30 minutes last night.

Debby love the primal/paleo folks - so similar to our WOE. I just don't think I could give up dairy. But I do think there are lots of primal/paleo people who are saying that they include dairy and just don't listen to the noise from the strident "perfection" people.
Let us know how it goes with that WOE. You are off dairy anyway? Maybe?
Ah, that's actually good the babies haven't arrived, so you could get that nice long rest!
Hope your Mom feels better soon! I imagine there will be ups & downs for quite some time. (new great-grand-babies would be an up)!

Actually, with Primal you do get milk & fruit, that's what was different from my former WOE. I don't eat much (because I'm not supposed to eat dairy), but I'm enjoying GY now.
MaryKay, thanks for asking. Molly is amazing... she is so obedient & sweet... DH plays too rough with her though, so she's been getting too rough for me... nipping that in the bud last 2 days... he's not allowed to do that any more! She just caught a mouse on our little walk to the mailbox.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My doctor's scale arrived yesterday so now I'm accurate.

Weigh in for October is
282#

I love my doctor's scale

Got my wine barrel planted and wearing my pedometer. It's going to be a great day!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00332.jpg (93.2 KB, 4 views)
Old 10-02-2013, 12:20 PM   #19

My back is much better today. Thanks to all of you for asking. I kept my workouts pretty low key the last couple days but I still went. And after each time it felt a little better.

The only way I can do squats correctly is to actually have a chair behind me, lol. Then I do them great!! That's a great idea to do them to a song. I'll try that! My knees sometimes do not like squats. I injured a knee doing them once on a machine and ended up having to have surgery a while later. Ugh!

I hope your moms start feeling much better Judy and Deb.

And I hope the grandbaby comes soon! But not too soon. Right when your mom is better and you're all rested so you can totally enjoy the whole event.
Old 10-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #20

Hi gals..

Yes, sticking your fanny out while doing squats is the key..and keeping your lower leg
straight and not going over your foot..

Hoping our moms are doing better, too.

Glad your back is better, Sandy..I had to go to the chiro today to recover from sleeping on a strange pillow and riding in the car a lot..Now, I am readjusted..LOL.

Hoping the grandbabies do arrive safely...

Nice weather..
Old 10-03-2013, 04:53 AM   #21

Good morning..

It is still dark out..

Hoping everyone is doing great..moms included.

Meeting in the morning, then going to do some cooking for church functions.

Then..some squats..LOL..all day long.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DD was very kind and had a C-section while SS was staying with my dear mother.
7 lbs. 2 oz. 20 1/2".
He spent the night in the NICU and we'll get to see him today without the cpap and all that jazz.
He is, of course, perfect.

Then I came back to other hospital to stay with my dear mother all night.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #23

Congratulations Grandma!!!!! How exciting!! I hope you can get some much needed rest today. Are they all in the same hospital? That would sure be a blessing.

Name??????
Old 10-03-2013, 05:56 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Different hospitals, but my city is not so big.

Maddox was the name before he arrived - I imagine it will stick, but they were interested in meeting him before pinning the name.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:34 AM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BABY!! Congratulations Grandma Judy
What a roller-coaster emotional ride you're going through! The Lord bless you with peace & joy as you bless your family.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!

So excited to read about new baby Maddox

My week changed, didn't get to go to Austin, BP would not settle down enough and I just did not feel well enough to go.

Good to read all your news gals.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #27
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations to you Judy. little one!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:35 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations Judy! Is this your first grandbaby?! I want one....DD says need to wait til she's done with grad school...a couple of years. Anyway - SO happy for you! Enjoy this special time with your daughter too!
Old 10-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Judy -
So exciting!!!!!

And no everyone seems to have figured out squats! good job ladies.
Let me know when you're ready for lunges!

And Happy Anniversary to DH and I! 32 years!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-10-03 13.29.30.jpg (24.5 KB, 17 views)
Old 10-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

still in NICU!
Oh well. He's fine - just taking a little extra "me" time, I guess before he has to navigate all the people who want to love him.

Debby so right - a roller coaster of emotions for sure.
Love your new avi!

Buffy I'm sorry your BP did not cooperate.

Thanks all for good wishes! Yes, Debbie, it is our first. And I'm actually the step mother, but we have had "our" kids and "our" family - I'm introduced as mom as often as not.

Must.
Have.
Nap...
Dear Mother is having so much nausea these last couple of days... So hoping she'll soon turn the big corner.