Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I haven't been doing the IF for awhile. Maybe it's time to get back to it. I have to have my cream in the a.m. though!!! I'm so spoiled and can hardly stand to drink my coffee black. I can't believe I gave it up a couple of years ago for lent. That's probably one of the hardest things I've ever given up!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Funny Sandy! It was working for me before I switched from creamer to almond milk... I wouldn't let that stop you! Do it your way!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Debby your experiments are very interesting!

Carolyn can't wait to hear how the interview went!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 06:44 PM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

experiments? Obsessive? Maybe!!
Old 10-25-2013, 06:43 AM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy your dog is beautiful!
Old 10-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #186

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gang..

Ds said the interview went well and they would know in a month..Meanwhile, he is plugging away on the net. I told him that God had a plan..He knows that.

Got my new book Grain Brain and dh is now reading it. Jimmy will have the podcast of the author up today. He was great on Dr. Oz the other day. It was all about how carbs were poison..Dr. Oz is slowly getting it..slowly..Duh.

Black coffee? Bleh!!!! I was going to do IF this morning, but then I woke up hungry..I think a person has to have a big meal in their window not to feel starving in the a.m. Like 1300 calories from noon to 8 p.m. or so...I think I could do IF once a week..but would have to have 50 calories worth of cream in my morning coffee..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #187
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's funny MK. You should see the worried look she has when we drive through town & she sees people going in different directions... she wants everyone together! Guess we should make her an usher.

Poor confused baby!!!

And yes, an usher would be a perfect job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
experiments? Obsessive? Maybe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gang..

Ds said the interview went well and they would know in a month..Meanwhile, he is plugging away on the net. I told him that God had a plan..He knows that.

Got my new book Grain Brain and dh is now reading it. Jimmy will have the podcast of the author up today. He was great on Dr. Oz the other day. It was all about how carbs were poison..Dr. Oz is slowly getting it..slowly..Duh.
I listened to the post. I agree with Grain Brain totally, except my stomach doesn't. I may just have to slowly go down the road to dementia!
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I listened to the post. I agree with Grain Brain totally, except my stomach doesn't. I may just have to slowly go down the road to dementia!
I completely doubt that.
Completely.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #189

Hi gals..

MKay: Your poor tummy..Not fun..and I doubt if you will go downhill in your "older years"..Aerobic exercise really helps, too..

Big parade downtown..2 hours long. Great bands.. Did have a cheeseburger with a bun, so I was bad..Back on track tomorrow.

But then I thought, "I used to eat these all the time..and not blink an eye..now I know better.."
Old 10-26-2013, 12:25 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now you know better, but we eat this way because every now and then we can be imperfect? I hope?

I will again say my mom has finally finally turned a big corner. I feel like her recovery has been hampered by a drug that was very useful, but went on so long in an 85-year-old slow-moving system, my poor mom was twitching like untreated Parkinsons 24/7 and hallucinating half the time. We couldn't leave her alone for 1 second because she might reach for something and get up/fall/etc.

We asked our pharmacist friends who confirmed our suspicions, then asked the doc to have that med removed. 4 days later, she is my mother again! She's smiling, pain-free, trouble-free. She's super duper tired, but I think she's had more than a week of NO sleep due to twitching and hallucinating. So last night she really slept and you can really tell it today.

She's much stronger, has a good outlook again.
*whew*
So happy and as Debby will say and I will agree in advance: PTL!
Old 10-26-2013, 12:37 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Also, here is today:
1. Mother: Judy do you have any of your biscuits for this morning? (They are LC GF - the mozzarella cheese biscuits using Jen Eloff's Splendid GF Bake II).
Me: Yes.
Mother: May I have one with butter and peanut butter and do I have any jam?
Me: I don't know whether you have jam. You don't like jam.
Mother: Please check because I might like jam now.
(she has some apricot jam)

later:
Mother: What kind of soup do I have?
Me: I don't know. You don't like soup.
Mother: Will you check? Because I kind of want soup.
Me: You have a potato and I can make potato soup. (her mother's super simple recipe - make a roux, add a little chopped onion, add milk [I used Hood milk], add chicken stock.

I'm having a little trouble staying out of the potato soup...
She got a bowl of "loaded" potato soup - topped with cheese & bacon!

Can't wait to see what she wants for dinner!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:16 PM   #192

Judy, I'm so glad your mom is doing better. She sounds like she's really on the road to recovery if she's asking for something good to eat, and that's excellent news! PTL is right!!!
Could I ask, what was the drug? It sounds scary!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Reglan.
I think it is a good drug for awhile, but maybe not 5 weeks' post surgery in an 85-year-old person whose system is slow moving...
Although I think its purpose is to keep everything moving!

She is so much better. Just tired.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

PTL!! Judy I'm so happy for your Mom! That's awesome that she's 'craving' different foods, wow! So wonderful that you figured out the drug problem.

Well, my MIL (91 next month) has now been given 6 months or less to live. They think that she has a cancerous tumor, which is spreading. She's in hospital last 2 days, & will be sent home with hospice. Expecting she won't need them soon & then near the end. She refused any chemo, and is in good spirits, says she's happy with the life she's had & the loving family she's surrounded by... its sad. I don't believe they have a clue about how long, & will believe for more for her. Just really praying that she won't suffer. She is not in any pain, hope it stays that way.

I took Molly to the vet & got a rabies shot for her, so we can go down for Thanksgiving & spend it with MIL. Poor Molly... But she's a trooper.

Old 10-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #195

Debby, that's sad news. I'll add her to my prayers. It sounds like she has a great attitude and a lot of Grace.
Old 10-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #196
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Sandy, Yes she really does have a great attitude.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:30 PM   #197
Princess Proofreader

I qualified for my Concealed Carry License today!! 95% on my shooting, but unfortunately no fingerprints!! Seriously, they couldn't get a good print on the digital machine!

The DA is a friend of mine so I talked to him when I got home - after he told me I should consider a life as a criminal (ha ha) he told me he'd get in touch with the sheriff and see if the jail can get my prints on their machine.

Oh.goody. I get to go to booking with all the criminals and get my prints taken! If you don't hear from me after Monday, bail money should be sent to my home address . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I completely doubt that.
Completely.
Thanks Sweetie - but with my mom's history, I can't help but wonder . . .

And that's so super about your mom!!! Yay for jam! And soup!

Debby - I think your MIL made the right choice! at 91 why go through the pain and agony of chemo. She's a smart lady!

Carolyn - a hamburger sounds good right now!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 10-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby that is sad news - and I agree with Sandy - she does sound like she has a lot of grace. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

OH MY GOSH! If we don't hear from MK by Monday.... GIRL TRIP!!
Old 10-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #199
Princess Proofreader

Quote:

OH MY GOSH! If we don't hear from MK by Monday.... GIRL TRIP!!
Old 10-27-2013, 05:47 AM   #200

Hi ladies..

Oh, Debby, that is sad news..But what a blessing she has such a wonderful attitude..Yes, praying for no pain for her..

Gosh, MK..No fingerprints..Well, we want to hear the booking story when you come back..and will look for your picture in the P. O..LOL..Yes, the hamburger was wonderful.

Oh, Judy..My tiny minlaw would hallucinate with certain meds..She would see monkeys and picture frames and all sorts of things. So glad your mom is better..I was on Reglan once after being on painkillers for my back. Happy she has an appetite.. Good news..

The weather is so nice.. We had a nice Neewollah..Now to buy candy for the few kids
we have out here trick or treating..Anyone get a lot of kids at their house???
Old 10-27-2013, 07:00 AM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kids who come to our door come from other neighborhoods, so we almost feel an extra obligation (weirdly) to be there and get that candy into those kiddos' hands!
Their parents often want candy, too. But maybe we get 75? I might be inflating that number. I try to count every year, then give up too soon.

Will probably leave that bit of fun for DH this year. And he'll run out quickly - he gives 2 & 3 candies, LOL.

So... home health came Friday and drew blood. My mom's TSH was 11.94 and her FT4 was 1.0. They did not check her FT3 "because she is HYPOthyroid," the nurse practitioner helpfully explained to me.

So they've upped her synthroid from 88 mcg to 100 mcg.
She's having SO much trouble sleeping, but is still so sleepy - I know a great deal of this is from the huge operation, but if her thyroid is wacky, one more hurdle and one more doc who doesn't get it. *sigh*

This morning I gave her 1+1/2 synthroid to get it started.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #202

Hi

Wowza, your poor mommy is hypothyroid..The TSH is working overtime. They like to dose, then wait a few weeks, then test again. The "sleepy" is the hypo condition..Hopefully the ability to sleep will come back..
Old 10-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Carolyn - that'll remind us not to push her too hard yet. We're trying to help her get her strength up - but with understanding she's..just...tired!
Old 10-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Quote:
Reglan.
I think it is a good drug for awhile, but maybe not 5 weeks' post surgery in an 85-year-old person whose system is slow moving...
Although I think its purpose is to keep everything moving!

She is so much better. Just tired.
Wow, Judy, I am so glad you guys are watching her so closely!! Reglan is a GI stimulant but my drug book says it can cause extrapyramidal symptoms, esp in children, young adults, and older adults...trembling hands and facial grimacing. Having worked mainly in ER, ICU, recovery room, I haven't been around patients that have been on it for weeks at a time. So glad she is eating so much better too!

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-27-2013 at 04:36 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you for your prayers and kind words in the past few weeks about my Mom. She saw the new cardiologist who recommended the plan and pace the first one was going at. Mom will have a nuclear cardiac stress test tomorrow. Wish I could be there but I am in KS working full-time weekdays with students, and they all live in Arkansas. It shouldn't be a rough test. But I want to hear the results and have to trust that she and Dad remember what the doctor says, I have asked them to make sure instructions are written down. Again, thank you for praying. I need to get serious and lose again for MY health. I have been feeling lots of stress in the past six months with all kinds of issues (my brother's health issues in ICU for 15 days in May in FL, new FT job with crazy schedule, my Mom's health....) and just Friday I was started on BP med for me. Once I know what is happening with my Mom, I have SO got to get myself on track to lose this extra weight before it causes ALL kinds of additonal havoc in my life! Visited the MWL clinic and I would have to repay the initial fee and $70 weekly all over again. I have already paid $$$$ there! As a lifetime member of Weight Watchers I could go back to WW and pay the $14 for weigh in there and just do my MWL program. But I need online support from my LCF buds here to do even that!! For some reason, I am most accountable and successful for weightloss by paying someone else to make sure I stay on track.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:50 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Darnit.
Here is where you do what works for you.
This is such a great group, but pay WW to weigh in and post more and read more here?

For me, low carb and moderate protein was a full time job for awhile.

Can you allow yourself to ask or know a few foolproof very satisfying meals that don't take too much time or thought - and use those for a couple or 3 weeks?

Nothing succeeds like success. Then pick our brains for more?

Or just hang with where you are and know you can do this later?

Still praying for you and your family....
Old 10-27-2013, 05:54 PM   #207

Debbie, you are sure to get lots of support right here no matter what weight loss method you choose. And I know exactly what you mean about the accountability. I too am a lifer at WW and still go to my monthly weigh ins and haven't had to pay for the last 10+ years at least. If I'd only followed that routine when I first became a lifetime member way back in 1972 I sure would've saved myself a whole lot of agony through the years.
Anyway, we're here for you!! We don't discriminate when it comes to weight loss plans!! Do what you need to do and stick around here and keep sharing.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 10-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Judy and Sandy. I appreciate the opportunity to have these conversations! Part of the problem is having time to even plan. I am going to do some frozen meals for lunch for a while. I know the emotional concern is making me nuts right now! As a Christian I do trust that God is in control, but as a nurse we are also disease detectives and want to stop suffering. So when do I stop being nurse?! "Help me Lord to not try to carry all this on my shoulders, but to have my peace in You. Amen"
Old 10-27-2013, 08:51 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Amen and AMEN!
Old 10-27-2013, 09:16 PM   #210
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope things calm down for you Debbie. I know the feeling, when you can't handle another stress... like dieting. The time will come. Keep coming, researching, planning, it will happen.

Judy I hope your Mom responds quickly to the new thyroid meds.

Hope all the Mom's improve.