Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Will be praying for little Maddox..The good news is that he is a full term baby and has
enough body weight to help him along..Praying that the meds work quickly..Your poor Dd shouldn't have feel bad about not nursing..Bottle fed babies do great, too..Getting Mr. Maddox healthy is the most important thing now..In my humble opinion..

Sandy: Nice to be in the middle of the safe window..I am at the top and need to be lower, and lower..

Debby: I love my chiro..he puts me back to normal every month..

Hugs all around..Gotta to go to sell tickets..LOL..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #63
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Still cold here, but slowly warming up.
DD26 became DD27 today

DS24 comes home this weekend for a wedding - so I won't get to see too much of him, but hopefully just enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post

So happy, my Mizzou team is doing well! 5-0 and beat Vanderbilt! Still miss being in the Big 12 and all those old rivalries. More than that, miss seeing our Mizzou team televised. Maybe once they play big teams like Georgia and Florida and Alabama they'll be on tv again!
My DH went to Mizzou and I went to Illinois - it's a mixed marriage.
Luckily it's only a problem now during basketball season!
And I don't think you want them to play Alabama! That doesn't end well for any team except 'Bama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Oh dear, I also love them!
I've never had a mojito!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post

Judy - any updates?

Carolyn - I wonder if a chiro would do me more good than a masseuse?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
MaryKay - In the past 4 to 5 years I've been going to masseuse (chinese accupressure) and my chiropractor about every other week....that's how my body stays mobile and put together! (Years of being a nurse has been hard ).

We are also KState fans since other DD is a Wildcat alumni.

Last edited by Fit2010; 10-07-2013 at 08:53 PM..
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:53 AM   #65

Hi

The best way to find a good chiro in your area is to ask around. Mine is great and everyone who goes to him thinks so. Maybe your gym might have ideas.

Debbie: I probably could do the every other week appt but try to keep it to once a month. Nursing does take a toll on your body, I'm sure. Glad part of you is a Wildcat.
My dd went to KU, dh and ds went to KSU. No sports at my college.

Check in later. Gotta exercise.

L
Old 10-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #66

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
for Moms & Maddox.
Way to go Sandy! You did that by getting back on track & killing yourself with the new exercise! Wow!! I've been talking with a few others who started the big exercise programs & the wt. gain (from the exercise) has been really tough for them to handle - so, how many weeks before your wt. started dropping?

Yesterday I woke up with my hip out of joint (or so it felt). Too much pain to go to church. So I walked the dog at church time & was actually able to do my whole walk (albeit slowly) with her. It really helped. Today I just feel it slightly, but not out anymore. PTL.

We went to the church potluck last night. I ate before we left Then it turned out there were gluten-free dishes there... but they didn't look low-carb, so I'm glad I ate first. It was a good time of "thanksgiving" & fellowship. Next week is Canada's Thanksgiving.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
I joined the gym Aug 27. I had some bad eating days early on after I joined and had just came off vacation but just this week I really feel like things are starting to move for me.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #67
Princess Proofreader

Old 10-08-2013, 04:20 PM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I joined the gym Aug 27. I had some bad eating days early on after I joined and had just came off vacation but just this week I really feel like things are starting to move for me.
That's really great Sandy!

We've been invited out for dinner again tonight. I was hoping it was "after" dinner... but she said she's making some chicken for me... & salad. I'd rather not eat that late, but better be nice

Hope everyone's getting good news.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #69
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
LOL I don't think I have ever had one of those..
You take simple syrup and crush a handful of mint in it, top it with rum and a splash of club soda. Sweet, minty rum!

Forced to weigh in at the doctors today.....133 but I swear 5 pounds of it is muscle! I went to my hormone doc because my skin is oily and breaking out a bit (like I was in my 20's!) so he added spironolactone (a mild diuretic whose main action is to block testosterone at the skin, the probable culpret). For you hormone girls, I am also splitting off my progesterone to a cream by itself to take at night and my estrogen/testosterone/DHEA in the am because the E/T/D is making me "buzz" at night and disrupting sleep. You all know I need my 9 hours! No, really, I need 9 hours. I like my testosterone. I am building better muscle than in my 20's.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:46 PM   #70

Hi gals..

Glad things are starting to move for you, Sandy.. Exercise does help..unfortunately.

Cindy: Glad you are taking your testosterone in the a.m. Not good at night..Buzzing is not good..when you are trying to sleep.

Ds saw Gravity and he liked it..

Made some cream cheese muffins, but used one 8 ounce package cream cheese, 2 eggs, and 1/2 cup of almond flour, sweetener, and vanilla..Seemed to stay together more.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #71

I was at the Dr today too Cindy!! That would've been fun to run into you there. I was there from about 10:30 to 11:15.
Have you looked at the zip lock mojito recipe here on LCFs? I've made them before and they're always a big hit.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:44 AM   #72
Princess Proofreader

Morning!!

We got the call that DH's Uncle died this morning - he had just turned 85. He was DH's mom's younger brother, so I think it's particularly hard on her.
There are 7 siblings, and he's the first to go!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:19 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry Mary Kay. God bless & comfort your Mom & family.

So, last night's dinner was good fun & a blessing to be there. I always whine about going out at night... but enjoy it once I get there.
It was a birthday party for a good friend, and we each one had to tell him what he means to us & bless him. It was very uplifting. (although hard to do & I sure wouldn't want to be on the hot-seat) We did the same thing for his wife earlier this year. They were both blessed out of their socks by it. DH & I agreed on the way home, we wouldn't like it ourselves. Obviously we're not people who like a spotlight.
She baked pork loin & chicken legs separate for me & had lettuce ready for my salad. I took my home-made mayo & Tabasco. And I didn't starve to death waiting so late.
Hope everyone else is doing well. for the Mom's & baby.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #74
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Hi friends,

DGS is doing everything on his own - breathing, eating. He will stay in NCIU though until around Friday, they think. DD has been expressing milk, but yesterday evening she got to nurse him - successfully!

We are back in hospital with mother. She kept having increasing pain and hence increasing weakness. Got back here yesterday and frankly I'm glad. I love the nurses on this floor and they love my mom - we're on the oncology floor and they're always going to bat for her comfort. A couple of the nurses have said, "we can tell your doctor is a surgeon and not an oncologist!"

Better pain meds here and will have wound care team (they are in high demand and we are on a list) for the poor skin around her g tube, and just came back from cat scan.

Mary Kay I am so sorry for your mom.

Love reading all your posts.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Whoo Hoo!! That's just wonderful that DGS is nursing successfully! That's a hard one to learn after bottle feeding. So happy for your DD
Glad your Mom is getting good care. praying she recovers soon.
God bless & strengthen you too Judy
Old 10-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #76
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby thank you so much!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #77

Hi ladies..

Yeah, for baby Maddox nursing.. Praying for your poor mom..It has been a difficult road of recovery, but she will get there...

Debby: How fun..

MK: Yikes, it is hard when our older generation starts dying..Especially for the siblings..So sorry about your dh's Uncle..and prayers for dh's family..

Exercised..and read with my 2 girls, who are excellent readers and made their goal!! Yeah..

Going to make some of my SF chocolate chip bars for a fundraiser tomorrow..There are so many diabetics, I'm sure someone will buy them..
Old 10-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

*ahem*
I'm busy, but not forever.

Um....SF chocolate chip bars?
Old 10-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #79

Sorry for your mom Judy but that's good news on the baby. Sometimes they just send people home too quickly. I think elderly people especially need to stay longer than "the norm".

MK, wow, your DH's family must have good genes. This uncle was the youngest of 7 at 85! And all the others are still living? That's quite a feat. There were 7 children in my mom's family and they're all gone now except the oldest girl and she's 86. She was also the next to the oldest in age of the 7. No matter how old he was though it's always sad to lose somebody, especially a sibling. I'm sure it'll be hard on the 6 left.

I went with my BFF (of 45 years!) to lunch and a movie today. We saw Directions Not Included. It was a foreign film in Spanish and it was excellent!!! There was a whole group of Mexicans who I think had all come on a bus to see it and it was so enjoyable watching it with them. They all enjoyed it too and we all applauded when it ended. Well worth seeing!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #80
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I was at the Dr today too Cindy!! That would've been fun to run into you there. I was there from about 10:30 to 11:15.
Have you looked at the zip lock mojito recipe here on LCFs? I've made them before and they're always a big hit.
I was at 2:00. No, where is that recipe?

MK, so sorry about DH's Uncle.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 10-09-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Old 10-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wound care team came and did their magic - instant relief and a barrier for awhile.
They showed her nurse how to do what they did so she could change the dressing - SS watched, too, while holding mother's hand.

Also, as if we didn't know, pooping is key.
And dm feels much better this afternoon - even inquired about food which hasn't happened in 4 days.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:00 PM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

These are really good. Comfort food. Keep for weeks in the fridge.

MOZZARELLA CHEESE BISCUITS
(Jen Eloff)
Yield: 12 biscuits
1 biscuit
96.3 calories 2.3 g protein 8.3 g fat 3.1 g net carbs

2 cups Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, (500 mL)
2 1/2 tsp baking powder (12 mL)
1/2 tsp garlic powder (2 mL)
1/4 tsp dried basil (1 mL)
1/4 tsp dried parsley (1 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella, OR (375 mL) Cheddar cheese
3 eggs, fork beaten
1/2 cup whipping cream (125 mL)
2 tbsp olive oil (30 mL)

In medium bowl, combine Gluten-Free Bake Mix 2, baking powder, garlic powder, basil, parsley and salt. Stir in Mozzarella, OR Cheddar cheese. In small bowl, combine eggs, whipping cream and olive oil. Stir into dry ingredients until moistened and well combined.

Drop batter by approximately 3 tablespoonful (45 mL) mounds onto greased cookie sheet, spaced about 1 inches (2.5 cm) apart to allow for spreading. Bake in 375°F (190°C) oven 20 to 25 minutes, or until golden brown and completely brown and crispy underneath. Serve warm with butter.

Variation: Plain Cheese Biscuits: Use 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar substitute and 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract. Omit garlic powder, basil and dried parsley. These scone-like biscuits may be served with butter and sugarless jam. They make a great breakfast for a change of pace; high in protein and low in carbohydrates. (2.9 g carbs)

Red Lobster® Biscuits: Use Cheddar cheese instead and be pleasantly surprised! (4.1 g carbs)

````````
SPLENDID GLUTEN-FREE BAKE MIX 2

Yield: 21/2 cups (625 mL)
1/4 cup (60 mL) per serving 125.0 calories 4.5 g protein 8.9 g fat 5.7 g net carbs

1 2/3 cups almond meal, OR (400 mL; 182 g)
almond flour (I use almond meal – yield is greater with almond flour by up to 1/2 cup (125 mL) more, so then carbs would be 4.8 g)
3/4 cup certified GF oat flour*, (175 ml; 100 g) (Bob’s Red Mill®, not Legacy Valley®)
2 tbsp coconut flour, (30 mL) (Bob’s Red Mill®)

In large bowl, combine almond meal, OR almond flour, oat flour and coconut flour. In container with airtight lid, place bake mix and shake the container well to combine. When measuring oat flour (not necessary with the other ingredients) into measuring cup, make sure to tap the cup on the counter top and fill to the top to get the correct yield for the bake mix. Keep bake mix at room temperature for up to one month or freeze for much longer storage.

HOW TO ADD GELATIN TO THIS BAKE MIX: Add 1 tsp for every cup of bake mix. For example if you have 2 1/4 cups bake mix in your recipe, use 1 tsp plus 1 tsp plus 1/4 tsp = 2 1/4 tsp gelatin. Simple!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #83
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Wound care team came and did their magic - instant relief and a barrier for awhile.
They showed her nurse how to do what they did so she could change the dressing - SS watched, too, while holding mother's hand.

And dm feels much better this afternoon - even inquired about food which hasn't happened in 4 days.
Pooping is everything!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #84

Judy, do the biscuits microwave well?

Cindy, I'll try to find the recipe for you.
Old 10-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #85

Here you go. I looked on here and couldn't find it? Luckily I had saved it on my computer.

Diva's Ziplock Mojitos

1-1/2 bunches of mint, stemmed and half-chopped; put in gallon freezer ziplock bag

6 - 8 big juicy limes (enough to balance the mint), quartered and then the quarters cut in half again to make little triangular cubelets, also go into ziplock

Bash the he11 out of ziplock contents with mallet, until limes are juiced and mint well bruised. Dump into half-gallon pitcher.

Add:
1-1/2 cups Bacardi Limon
1 can diet Sprite or Sierra Mist
2 cups club soda
top up pitcher with lemon-flavored ice cubes (if you can find those at the store, otherwise use plain), stir to distribute vegetation evenly.

Taste to make sure the limes and the mint are balanced. Amend as necessary. Taste again. Oh, you're also supposed to actually dish some out to other people too. Kinda-strain into glasses, but make sure there's at least a couple lime chunks and mint clumps in each glass, not so much that your guests will wish they had baleen though.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:41 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Pooping is everything!
This woman has endured 4 bouts of pancreatitis without one whimper.
She doesn't cry, just lets us know she is VERY uncomfortable and would please like to go to the emergency room, thank you very much.

But this - constipation after surgery - is moaning and writhing.
Of course it is coupled with raw skin being showered with gastric juices.

Today is a better day.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:44 PM   #87

Hi.

Oh, my, Judy..So glad today is a better day..

Thanks for the Mojito recipe..I will share it with my dd..

Meeting this morning..Made some soup for dinner..Easy, easy..
Old 10-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

So glad she's doing better. Yep, getting the system right seems to be the key so often.
I had a fairly quiet week & now am off for 4 days. Its Thanksgiving weekend here. Not sure what we're doing yet, but I think we'll be having the turkey dinner with grandkiddo's & dil. DS is off working... (helicopter pilot).

Maybe I'll get around to reading the Primal book I bought.
Good night!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:36 PM   #89
Princess Proofreader

So DH has squamous cell carcinoma on his ear!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:42 PM   #90
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
So DH has squamous cell carcinoma on his ear!
Oh So sorry to hear that Mary Kay! God bless & heal him... will they surgically remove it & start treatment right away? God give you both grace for all of this.