Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #181
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Elizabeth779
Stats: 300/290/150
WOE: High Fat, Low Carb
Start Date: Restart 9-10-14
Hi everyone -- I see I had posted on here on 9-10-13 -- (slap to forehead!!)

I've been copying over recipes.

Has anyone here tried the new atkins frozen meals? I realize it's "processed" and home made is always better and tastes better -- I've been copying some of your recipes over to MS Word to file away for me to try soon, but was thinking maybe the Atkins frozen meals might help for the busy days, or days I get sick, etc., and I can always add FAT to them to up the percentages?

Also, a challenge I'm having is I've been drinking WAY too much diet (mostly caffeine free) diet pepsi......going to cut back and drink more decaf iced tea and definitely more water.

thank you for the welcome Judy -- I see Sharon is on the central coast -- I'm in central valley -- we are the people who inhabit the california central coast on weekends -- HAHA -- Sharon knows what I mean -- you can't throw a rock on the beach on weekends without hitting anyone from central valley.

Well you all have a great day -- I need to get some sleep so I'll be able to get things done tomorrow.

Plan: High fat, Low Carb food, water, Gym, REPEAT.
Elizabeth779 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #182
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Buffy - Oh no! But glad you had those manly firemen to take care of you! Good call!

Sandy - he's adorable!!!!

Carolyn - I've been to Hayes - it's 1/2 way between here and Aspen. I think they only serve carbs there!

Elizabeth - get rid of pop!! It's all bad for you! And google prep freeze cook and make your own easy meals - so much better than the frozen ones!!

Today is body building, PEO, a ton of errands - including mailing a package to DS21 in Rome, and yoga at 4:00.
And a house that needs to be cleaned soooooooo badly!!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Good Monday morning!
Darling pics Sandy, thanks for sharing them!

Have a good one!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:45 AM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Buffy - So thankful that you had your BP diagnosed and treated instead of the alternative....

My Sept weight went back up to 192.7. Hitting my eating program hard now....had put it off due to potlucks, etc lately. Well, I gotta get with it now!!
Fit2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
We're still enjoying the warm weather. I have another batch of zucchini plants going in my garden. They are up and starting to leaf out. D goes out and babies them. They are very happy.

Elizabeth I do know what you mean. We are 11 miles from the beach and love to walk on the Bob Jones trail to Avila when we can with our fur kids.

Looks like D is finished with the back yard mowing. I think I'll roust him up for a ride over the pass for some more farm raised eggs. It's time to do some steaming again.

Glad to see you evening back out Buffy. I sure hope you can get your meds balanced for yourself.

Hugs to Judy's Mom. I know she is in good hands.

Sandy your grandson is just adorable. He had quite a first birthday party.

Time to get busy. Take care everybody. Waving to Jim. Hope you start posting again when things settle down for you. See you all later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tilly
Stats: 158/136/130
WOE: started with Atkins, now just low carbs
Start Date: January 30,2011
Can someone please explain this section to me? I was at a great weight for 2 years, now it has crept up 10 pounds, and feeling gross. Went back to basics but not budging. Thinking fat fast, is this where I need to be? And if so, how do you go from fat fast back to just LCing? And if this is not the section, where do I need to be? Thanks!
Tilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #187
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
I'm here girls! I'm over on the Breaking Bad thread, Orange Is The New Black thread and preparing for my first event this weekend with the big girl. I am now praying it won't rain past Wed so the cross country course will be dry. Sandy, our event is at Heritage Park in Olathe. Heritage Park and Longview both have great cross country jumping!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fit2010 View Post
My Sept weight went back up to 192.7. Hitting my eating program hard now....had put it off due to potlucks, etc lately. Well, I gotta get with it now!!
Ohh... potlucks... I always pack a lunch... get lots of funny looks, but have too many intolerance's in my diet (which I'm actually thankful I can say, nobody tries to talk you into blowing your diet then)!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
We're still enjoying the warm weather. I have another batch of zucchini plants going in my garden. They are up and starting to leaf out. D goes out and babies them. They are very happy.
Yummy! Your hard work - paying off! That's something I'd like to grow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilly View Post
Can someone please explain this section to me? I was at a great weight for 2 years, now it has crept up 10 pounds, and feeling gross. Went back to basics but not budging. Thinking fat fast, is this where I need to be? And if so, how do you go from fat fast back to just LCing? And if this is not the section, where do I need to be? Thanks!
Tilly,
I'm not sure what you're looking for. This "section/group" is for Eat Fat Get Thin dieters. Although some of us are on other things... we have lots of fun here.

Its been a Monday... was able to get my DSis a birthday present & mail it... was telling her about ear bags (which we have in Canada), she's never seen them & I know she'll love 'em! So fun... cause I have trouble thinking of presents...

TTYL

Old 09-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Tilly,
I'm not sure what you're looking for. This "section/group" is for Eat Fat Get Thin dieters. Although some of us are on other things... we have lots of fun here.
TTYL
Can you tell me what EFGT is? Is that the Fat Fast or something else? And if it is something else, can someone please tell me what it is? I need to feel better by dropping a few, not working what I am doing, stuck! Thanks!

Old 09-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #190
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Best of luck with your beautiful horse, Cindy..I'm sure she will do you proud..My dd loves Breaking Bad, too.

Only carbs in Hayes for sure. Back on track today. We got some CarbMaster yoggie from Dillons in Augusta on the way home.

Tilly, this is not the Fat Fast thread..Look into challenges or search for Fat Fast in the search place.

Buffy..Hmmm...stopping by the fire department, huh? Hopefully, Dr. VH can get your meds back in order so you are stabilized.

Will look at Sandy's baby pictures in a minute.

Hi to Judy, Sharon, Elizabeth and anyone I missed..Big hugs..

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:24 PM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Can you tell me what EFGT is? Is that the Fat Fast or something else? And if it is something else, can someone please tell me what it is? I need to feel better by dropping a few, not working what I am doing, stuck! Thanks!

EFGT = Eat Fat Get Thin
it is not the Fat Fast.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:39 PM   #192
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Oh Carolyn - good for you!

My DH always says, "you are out of the county. Eat what you want and nobody will know."
WOW those are words to live by!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:54 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Wow Mary Kay -- I did google prep freeze cook and WOW that opens up a whole world of possibilities.....thanks!
Old 09-17-2013, 04:26 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
EFGT = Eat Fat Get Thin
it is not the Fat Fast.
Thank you for telling me what this is not and what EFGT is. I know now where to search on this site and may be back to chat, if you don't mind.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #195

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I'm here girls! I'm over on the Breaking Bad thread, Orange Is The New Black thread and preparing for my first event this weekend with the big girl. I am now praying it won't rain past Wed so the cross country course will be dry. Sandy, our event is at Heritage Park in Olathe. Heritage Park and Longview both have great cross country jumping!
Is this event something people come to watch? I'd think it would be hard for spectators to keep up with the horses, lol. But if so, it might be fun to see. In any event, the best of luck to you!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new horse so much.

Oh, and I love Breaking Bad and Orange is the new Black! Is there a new season on Netflix? I finished the first one already.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #196

Hi everyone...

Tilly, we would LOVe to have you here... You can do any plan here..We are very flexible..

Another day of rain here..Hopefully, KCity is dry for Cindy's event..It would be fun to see her beautiful Chakka in person..

Will go upstairs and weigh in the damage from my weekend..P. S. the carbs weren't that great, either..but they were there..LOL.

Have to hit the gym today..Yesterday was too busy..(LOL)..
Old 09-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quick hello! Seeing dr again tomorrow, life is boring at my house right now
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:53 AM   #198
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Is this event something people come to watch? I'd think it would be hard for spectators to keep up with the horses, lol. But if so, it might be fun to see. In any event, the best of luck to you!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new horse so much.

Oh, and I love Breaking Bad and Orange is the new Black! Is there a new season on Netflix? I finished the first one already.
I have a couple of friends coming but they basically will stay near the finish line and hope my horse AND I come across together! Someone on the OITNB thread Netflix is making a second season. I will be out of he country for the BB finale. Thank God for DVR! Remember the days when you had to stay home to watch something??!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:09 PM   #199

Hi..

Let's hope and pray that Chakka and Cindy perform very well..

Dh is going for his blood work and a carotid artery test in the morning..Standard stuff..He showed a bit of plaque in the Life Line test he had a while back. So, this is a good thing...and OH, Dh's new dr. in Bartlesville says the perfect diet is veggies and a moderate amount of protein..We don't need grains.. or sugar.

Buffy: Hope your doctor visit is fruitful.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:43 AM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)

Mother had to muscle through her PET scan yesterday. She got pancreatitis again.
This time the pain did not escalate to unbearable - only uncomfortable. So after the scan, she was able to take a couple of pain killers and the pain actually went down.
She drank only clear water and ate nothing.
Feels well today.

If the PET scan is clear, she will have the giant surgery tomorrow.
Will let you all know - and thank you for your prayers.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Hi to everyone and welcome to any newcomers who have found our little corner.

Judy, thanks for the update and we will all be thinking of you and your family tomorrow. Keep us updated please

Cindy, good luck to you and Chakka, did I spell that right?

See Dr. VH later today, wonder what our new game plan will be. He is going to start suspecting my motives in coming to see him so often????

Sandy, thanks for the ideas on some more series to watch. I'll bet I have watched as much tv this year as in my previous whole life. At least we have lots and lots of choices now.

Hopefully, I will stop at grocery on way home from Dr. I used to love to grocery shop, now I put it off and off and off. Used to love to cook, don't wanna do that no more, no more.

Later gang
Old 09-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #202

Hi gals.

Oh, Judy, praying that your Mom can have the giant surgery tomorrow so she won't get any more attacks..Keep us posted.

Buffy: I don't love to cook that much anymore either...Hoping Dr. VH will have some insight.

Dh did okay today..He will find out results when he goes back in 5 weeks..Of course, unless there is an emergency that the tests show..

Hot again...
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Giant surgery tomorrow.

The surgeon called me and said there were a couple of lymph nodes around her lung that looked suspicious. He said there was less than 1% chance of those being pancreatic cancer cells. His recommendation was to go ahead with the surgery and worry about those later.

He consulted with the oncologist (in the running for Dr. Very Handsome Indeed I'm telling you!) who agreed - go ahead with the surgery to stop all those pancreatitis flares, then deal with the lymph nodes later.

They thought it could possibly be some kind of low grade lymphoma - nothing to be alarmed about. Could also be some leftover bronchitis stuff or pneumonia... (doubtful).

Regardless, my SS and I have decided not to load one more thing on my sweet mother and are choosing to let her know in a few weeks. They can do a biopsy later and won't do a biopsy until later anyway - so let's do one thing at a time, shall we?

Will arrive at hospital at 5:30AM, pace and twitch my leg, then she is to go into surgery at 7:30 AM.

Will check in with you tomorrow!
Hugs all around.

Last edited by JMCM1; 09-18-2013 at 03:44 PM..
Old 09-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #204

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
She will be in my prayers, as well and you and SS. I'm so glad she's finally going to be free from those attacks. She sounds very spunky and I'm sure will be recuperated very quickly. And I think that's a good decision not to tell her right now. She needs all her energy focused on healing right now.

I really don't mind cooking. I hate cleaning up! I don't mind grocery shopping. I hate putting it all away. I don't mind laundry. I hate folding it and putting it away/hanging it up. Are you starting to see a pattern here? Lol. I need a twin who likes all the things I dislike. I wonder how DH would like that. Two of me!!! Yikes.

Workouts are still going well. Yesterday I did a pilates-fitness class, today yoga, tomorrow pilates reformer, otherwise known as torture instruments from what I hear. I'm sure I'll survive. I'm still loving it so I'm happy about that. And I seem to be in the groove with my eating too. Now I just need to get that beautiful new hard body and I'll be all set, right!!! Ha ha ha! The sweat was POURING off of me in yoga. I swear I've never sweated so much in my whole life!!! My heart monitor said I burned 489 calories! I sure hope it's right.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:45 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying for Judy's cute, sweet Mom.
Go Sandy! So glad someone's got energy to exercise!
Hope your DH is fine Carolyn!
Rest up Buffy! I'm with you... cooking... not my fav anymore.
Its a beautiful day here, but chilly. Need to work up the energy to run Molly & then do my elliptical.
Going to see how the new "Survivor" is tonight. Every time I think, it doesn't look that great when I see what its going to be, then we watch the first one & we're hooked.
TTYL
Old 09-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
My thoughts are with you and your Mom tomorrow, Judy. Blessings and good thoughts are in order for you both.

Sandy you are really in the groove. Glad you are enjoying your exercises.

Carolyn glad to hear Dh did ok on his tests.

LOL I get all excited after watch the Pioneer woman do her stuff on the weekends but the feeling of trying some of it is fast to leave me.

I've been watching Midwife on net flex (second season). I love that show and I'm sure hoping there will be a 3rd season soon.

A little something for Judy and her first grand children.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 552797_364348433624163_1228016651_n.jpg (33.7 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 09-18-2013 at 08:27 PM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:20 PM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon - thank you for reminding me what I have to look forward to!
Debby, Carolyn, Sandy, Buffy - thanks to you all, too.
It honestly means a great deal to me that you all are praying with us.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #208

Hi ladies..

Good morning..Judy is at the hospital..Praying for wisdom and skill for the surgeons and a quick recovery for her mom..

Dh won't know about his carotid artery tests until he sees the doctor in 5 weeks..Of course, if there is an emergency, he will get a call before that, I'm sure. Hoping for the best and glad they have such tests to do.

Sandy you are really killing it during exercise. Sweating is good and fat should be dropping off when a person sweats. (my theory).

The Pioneer Woman lives near Judy and me..Some people have seen her at the mall..She is not as isolated as one would think..Really..She just has a lot of cows hanging around her property..LOL.

Debby: I haven't hook into Survivor yet, but do watch it from time to time..

Off to exercise, then do some housework, which has been ignored...
Old 09-19-2013, 08:01 AM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

for Judy's cute sweet Mom.
Have a great day y'all
Old 09-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #210
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth779 View Post
Wow Mary Kay -- I did google prep freeze cook and WOW that opens up a whole world of possibilities.....thanks!
You're welcome!

Quote:
Thank you for telling me what this is not and what EFGT is. I know now where to search on this site and may be back to chat, if you don't mind.
Love to have you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Sending and to you today!

Carolyn - I listened to her book - she seemed really fun!
Have you ever met The Pioneer Woman?

I'm still exercising and trying to get on with life.
And holding steady at 115.4!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote