Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Sharon if I had a nickle for every time someone called me Julie instead of Judy I'd be very wealthy indeed. It's just an easy slip and doesn't bother me one whit!

I thought the popsicles were pretty fussy, too. HOWEVER I enjoyed that portion control and also being able to hand my sister, mother, whomever a yummy little popsicle. So I won't say "never again" but I made a note to myself I'd rather spend a few minutes chipping off some of that then spooning into popsicle molds.

Have you ever tried her "peanut butter eggs"? She posted them around Easter last year, I think. It was a VERY fussy process of freezing the peanut butter part, then rolling in chocolate, blah blah.
Someone commented to put the peanut butter mixture into an 8x8, then frost with the chocolate and cut into squares. I did that first try and am NEVER without that - tastes just like Reese's candy to me! Will post recipe if anyone wants it.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2013, 11:11 AM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Judy I'd love to have that peanut butter one. The 8x8 in. pan version is right up my ally.
Old 08-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ignore the "instructions" and just spread the filling evenly over the bottom of an 8x8, then top with the chocolate.

I have never had any peanut flour. But from back in my low fat days, I had a couple of jars of "pb2". It's a sadly-defatted type of peanut powder. You could mix it with water or whatever to get your sad sad peanut butter fix. Bleah. But it works perfectly in this application. I think I use half as much as called for if using peanut flour.

From Carolyn, All Day I Dream About Food:

Peanut Butter Eggs – Low Carb and Gluten-Free
Ingredients
Filling:
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1/2 cup powdered Swerve Sweetener or powdered erythritol
• 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup partially defatted, roasted peanut flour (can use pb2 - use less!)
Coating:
• 4 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
• 3 tbsp butter
• 3 tbsp powdered Swerve Sweetener or powdered erythritol
• 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Instructions
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
2. For the filling, melt peanut butter and butter together in a pan or microwave safe bowl. Stir in powdered erythritol and vanilla extract.
3. Stir in peanut flour until well combined. Spread mixture evenly to about 1/3 inch thickness over prepared baking sheet.
4. Place in freezer until set, about 30 minutes.
5. Using an egg-shaped cookie cutter, cut out as many eggs as possible. Gather scraps together and press out again and cut out more eggs until no more can be cut.
6. Alternatively, you can shape all of the eggs by hand. You will need to chill the mixture for half an hour or so in the fridge to make it firm enough to handle.
7. Return shaped eggs to freezer until fully frozen, about 1 hour.
8. For the coating, melt chocolate, butter and erythritol together in a small pan over low heat until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and let cool to lukewarm.
9. Working with one peanut butter egg at a time, drop into the chocolate mixture and turn to coat. Remove with a fork and gently tap against the side of the pan to remove excess chocolate.
10. Return covered egg to parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with remaining eggs.
11. Let chill until set.
Old 08-28-2013, 01:42 PM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Debby this is a Youtube video. Are you able to get that there?
Your link worked perfectly, but instead of playing it, I got a message in the box... Apparently the poster of the video restricted it to the United States. Happens a lot.

Thanks for typing it out for me! That's amazing that it works by steam!

Judy!

Last edited by DebbyL; 08-28-2013 at 01:45 PM..
Old 08-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #245
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I bought fresh kale.

Kale chips anyone. Do you have good instructions?

Tia

Had roasted okra tonight, very tasty
Old 08-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #246
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Late to the party again - but wanted to put in my 2 cents about probiotics.
Supposedly the only good ones are the refrigerated ones!

So at my local health food store yesterday, I talked with the owner and she highly recommended Garden of Life RAW Probiotics for Women!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Will put that in the hat, thanks MK!
We have a very good local health food store here - I'm sure you're/they're right about the best ones being refrigerated. Our local health food store is good, but expen$ive!
Thank you!
Old 08-28-2013, 07:48 PM   #248
Princess Proofreader

Expensive here too - but she had a $5 coupon and the more you buy there, the more of a discount you get, so that helped a lot!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #249
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Checking from Branson. Staying in a lovely timeshare place our friends stay. It is lovely. Hot here. My bread is a big hit!! Staying on plan when I can.

Going to a yarn shop today. Then Seeing Joseph today. Miss you all.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad you are in a nice place, Carolyn!
Old 08-29-2013, 09:24 AM   #251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Buffy kale chips are so easy and so good. Did you buy in bag if so just remove what you want onto a baking sheet and while placing remove the large stem. Then spray with evoo spray and top them with sprinkled parm cheese or sea salt. Bake in a low 250 degrees oven. I bake mine for 45 mins. They come out lightly browned and with Parm cheese sooo good. Enjoy! If you bought your kale fresh just remove the stem before chopping and do everything the same.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 08-29-2013 at 09:26 AM..
Old 08-29-2013, 11:26 AM   #252
Big Yapper!!!!

Afternoon everyone!
Sharon, thanks for the instructions on the Kale. I wish I had bought in a bag, that sounds easier but I bought fresh. Will give it a try.

I sliced and baked Okra last night, very good. Same method pretty much.

Carolyn, have a great time. Which bread did you take? I missed that.

I will type in what my SIL had to say on probiotics.

"The best brand, in her experience, is Thorne from PureFormula. Then she adds Dr. Ohhira's Probiotics 12 Plus Professional Formula which is also "the best" inclusive formula. For whole body glucose utilization, she said to buy Xymogen ALA Max, then advised to add on Zypan 8500 to talke load off pancreas to aid digestion.
She also advised to eat 25 grams of protein within 15 minutes of raising your head off your pillow to quiet the cortisol that is pumping through your system"

I am going to try some of what she advises, she is the picture of health, but oh my, I am not willing to spend 24/7 doing all this and I have no idea how many pills they must take a day and how on earth do you know what is doing what?

She also recommended Thorne Bio B12 and Thorne B Complex but Solaray Super Bio C Buffered. And yes, there were several other things.

I am going with the vitamin and probiotic advice and also one she recommended for mobility and joint pain. That's all I can handle at this time.

I do have to say, she looks fabulous at 62.

No need to leave the house today so hope I get through this pile of paperwork on my desk. A book or movie sounds better but I need to work at least a little while.

Oh, I bought sunflower seed butter at the store Tuesday, very good, nice change from almond butter. Had some yesterday on celery.
Old 08-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #253
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Buffy - you're right! Doing all the pills can become a full-time job! And maybe she looks so good because she has good genes!

Carolyn - glad you're having fun!

Judy - doing OK? How's mom?

Killer yoga class today and a band class (using the stretchy exercise bands).
I need to vacuum but I'm too pooped!
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

MK, I so agree. YOu have to take all of this in moderation.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #255
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Carolyn, have fun! I haven't been to Branson in years!

Buffy, I love Sunbutter. I get the crunchy!

Yes, Judy, how is your mother doing?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:57 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We are still waiting to hear whether her insurance will let her go out of network to the super duper Johns Hopkins trained pancreatic surgeon in OKC. Getting a little anxious, but probably no need.
She's really otherwise fine. She's eating low fat, small meals. I keep telling her to eat a little protein first, as she's fine with fruits, vegetables and pita chips. She's normally a meat-eater, but she has been told in no uncertain terms to eat SMALL meals so as not to stress her pancreas. So she is not really sure what to grab first.

I have in her freezer small portions of chicken tenderloin and filet mignon so she can have meats easily. She has those South Beach pancakes & waffles I made that are made of whole oats, egg whites and cottage cheese (and other flavorings) - so there should be some protein there.
She likes eggs.

She just prefers to think of breakfast as some fruit. I would prefer she eat some protein to keep her lean body mass going into whatever treatment they decide...

Thanks for asking. We're in wait-and-see mode...
But she really does feel fine and is in good spirits since she heard it is a small cancer.
Old 08-29-2013, 06:16 PM   #257

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Carolyn, glad you checked in. Sounds wonderful! Good deal about everybody liking your bread.

Buffy, wow! That's a lot of info! I've cut way back on what I was taking. I'm down to only my 2 prescriptions in the a.m. and one prescription at night along with mag, a benadryl, a baby aspirin. Then sometime during the day, if I remember, I take a B12. I might add in some of the things I quit taking as winter approaches. I was just so sick of swallowing pills and lots of times they felt like they got stuck in my throat and I hate that!

Those kale chips do sound good. And the okra. Yum.

Crunchy sunbutter sounds yummy Cindy.

MK, I joined the gym this week and I did a barbell class today that just about kicked my butt! And I didn't even push myself as hard as I would have if I didn't have Irish fest this weekend with OOT friends. I need to be able to walk and maybe even do a few stairs at the festival, lol. I'm really enjoying it so far. I did water aerobics the day before and will do them again tomorrow. Then I'll have a break until Tuesday. I'm going to do a yoga class next week. I want to try several and then settle on what I want to focus on. I really liked yoga in the past but I know I need the weight training for my bones too. I love having my friends there too. It helps the motivation.

Judy, your mom is very lucky to have such devoted daughters and I'm sure she realizes that too. I hope she can go to the JH's trained surgeon. Insurance is so hard to deal with sometimes. Most times really, in my experience. But if she has recommendations from the other surgeon I'm hopeful they will approve it for her.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #258
Princess Proofreader

Sandy - it's good to have both, as I'm sure you know! The weight training is good for muscles, metabolism, bones etc and the yoga for stretching out those tight muscles!

I've been going to yoga during our 2 week break from weights and I think I'll stick with it after I go back. You're right about it being fun with friends!

Judy - you're such a good daughter!!
Old 08-29-2013, 07:55 PM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,
That's good Judy, gives you something to do while you wait... helping Mom eat right.
Sandy your work-outs sound like serious business! You're going to feel so good! Glad you have friends to work out with, since that motivates you. I'm better by myself, in my own home. Just too far to drive every day. Although it definitely pushes me harder when I walk with my neighbor!
Hope Jim is doing well. Miss his updates.
Have a good evening!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:39 AM   #260

Hi ladies

Just checking in. Still having fun and eating too much.

Lol

Went to the Amish Store where they have carrot, beet, green bean, and okra chips. These are made from real veggies just sliced and fried. Yummy. I think you can order them online somewhere. The carrot ones are delicious.

Will respond later to your posts. Hugs all around.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:00 AM   #261

Those chips sound amazing Carolyn!! Do you know the carb counts? I do miss chips sometimes; I think more the crunch than the chip though. I'm glad you're having a good time and any weight gain will come right back off when you get home. Unlike in years past, we now are able to get right back on the good eating train instead of thinking "Oh, I already blew it, so I might as well eat anything I want now" until we finally decided to get back on a "diet" after we'd gained a bunch of weight back. And I don't know about you guys, but in the old days I could only start a diet on a Monday, lol.

I'm not near as sore this a.m. as I thought I would be. I think doing those workouts at home that I'd been doing this summer must be helping that. I hadn't done them in a couple of weeks though, but I still think it helped. I'm pretty sure the water aerobics will work out what soreness I have this morning. Last day of outside water aerobics for the year, :-(. I'm really enjoying these last few days at the pool after workouts though. We get there at 9 a.m., do our workouts and then stay at the pool. I leave around 2, they stay until 4!!! I start thinking of everything I should be doing and normally I wouldn't even stay until 2, but today is the last day I'll be there and I'm trying to soak it all up to last me through the winter. They do have 2 indoor pools but it's just not the same to me. Although, I will use them I'm sure.

My weight is back within my "window" but just barely and I've weighed the exact same for 4 days in a row!
Old 08-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #262
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats Sandy on fitting into your window!!!

Those chips sound so good. The veggie chips I see all have a kind of starch added that really ups the carbs. Can't think what it is now, I had to look it up to see what it was.

MK, I don't do yoga but in just a couple of weeks, my yoga pants are fitting a little better

Hello to everyone, enjoy your long weekend
Old 08-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #263
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello to everyone!!
Off to the lake but will still be in contact.

Just not as annoyingly in contact.

Old 08-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #264

Have fun Judy!!
Old 08-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #265
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, this board would be very boring without you and your great sense of humor, never annoying.
Old 08-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #266

Hi ladies..Waiting for the KState game..gosh, I hope they do okay...scary, scary..

I did gain weight..I am a professional weight gainer. Sooooo..back on track now.
Saw my old neighbor and her dh in Springfield..Went to the Italian place for lunch..

No..the chips are chips of the veggies..no flour..They are like if you fried a carrot coin and salted it..Hmmm..I think you can get them on-line at the Amish place.

I'm tired..but will read all the posts in the a.m.

Hugs all around.......
Old 08-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #267

Tomorrow is September 1..I will take my pre-vacation weight..(That is one of our rules..)..

Names??? Our Weight is Falling Off September Challenge (one little idea)..

I will check back later...and see if there are any other ideas..
Old 08-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #268
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL my calendar says tomorrow is the 31st.
Old 08-30-2013, 06:25 PM   #269

My calendar says the same thing! Lol. I love that name for Sept Carolyn. I say go for it!
Old 08-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #270
Big Yapper!!!!

Go for it!
Closed Thread