Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2013, 11:07 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
OMGosh! Stage ONE. They are referring us for treatment to their Nasa-like cancer peeps at OU Medical Center in OKC.
The doc's nurse said if you were going to catch it this was the time.
No liver involvement, no metastasis, no lymph node involvement.

I've had the Chicken Lady's Almond Flour Cake on my radar since last year.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #182
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
That is wonderful..Stage One is the best stage to be at for cancer.. Praise God..
Old 08-23-2013, 11:13 AM   #183
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praise God indeed. Thank you all for your prayers.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Judy -- PTL!
God is so good! Will keep praying for total healing & relief from all the pesky symptoms.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:40 PM   #185
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much - me too!!
Old 08-23-2013, 01:20 PM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Judy that's great news. Onward and upward. PTL.
Old 08-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #187
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Judy - that's fantastic!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much, friends!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:44 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Great news Judy!
Old 08-23-2013, 09:28 PM   #190

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Oh Judy, that is wonderful news. The power of prayer is amazing.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 AM   #191

Hi everyone..

Another warm day..

There is a GermanFest in town sponsored by the Lutheran Church..I love to hear the polka music..They are having a weiner dog race..LOL..

We are going to Branson next week, so have to think about clothes, etc..We are going with another couple from here..Definitely stopping at the yarn shop..Then on the way home we will see our old neighbor June in Nixa..Brett will babysit the cat...
Old 08-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I love you guys!

Carolyn you are so right to start thinking about clothes well in advance of your trip.

Gotta tell you... I would totally be at the weiner dog race! lop

I do agree about the power of prayer ... no matter the answer. Thanks friends.
Old 08-24-2013, 08:56 AM   #193

We love you, too, Judy.. God is good..all the time..

I think I will make a chocolate marble ricotta cake to take to Branson for our breakfast.
We are staying in a condo and our friends take breakfast food..oatmeal..etc..and coffee of course..with cream that I will pick up in the grocery store.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all
Sandy are you still using the Intermittent Fasting thing?
Yesterday I used the Intermittent Fasting (+ lowering calories) (for some damage control - couple lbs creeping up). It worked great for me yesterday. This morning I was down 1.5 lbs. Going for it again today. Its really easy & since it recommends exercising before you eat, its been good for Molly to have 2 half-walks... makes her happy. Course my days off will work the best for that... work-days are not going to work for that.

We have motorcycle friends-company who will most likely leave tomorrow. They all just left to go quad-ing.

I'm going to go see a mentally challenged friend from our church that just had her hip replaced & then do some shopping.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 08-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #195
Princess Proofreader

HI!
Gorgeous warm day here!
5 mile walk and just hanging out enjoying DS21 before he leaves on Tuesday!
Old 08-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #196

Hi gang..

Yeah for you, Debby..IF works for many people.. I need to cut back as my weigh-in is tomorrow..

Good for you MKay walking 5 miles.. Enjoy your ds21 while he is there..Gosh, my brain is befuddled..He graduated already, right or he has one year left?
Old 08-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #197
Big Yapper!!!!

Had a wonderful game night last night with my dinner club gals. All 9 of us made it and we laughed and laughed for several hours. Great therapy!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #198

Laughing is the best therapy..We need to do that more, for sure.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

DH and I were laughing last night as I ate everything perfectly on-plan at a little dinner party at a friend's home. She's Lebanese, so had her famous homemade hummus (eh - not that big a fan), with a couple of crackers for dipping, but also had little baby beets, black olives, green olives, pickles, a triple-cream cheese (wow it was good) and a "coffee" coated mild-tasting cheese (yum). She had some carrots and they were fine with me.

Dinner was a simple grilled chicken breast served over a many-lettuced, simply-dressed salad, including mint. I think Lebanese really use a lot of mint, maybe? Very good.

Then.... after lots of laughter and 2 glasses of wine (idiot! ) big cupcakes with chocolate frosting - I ate 1 whole one and it had some sort of snickerdoodle-type bottom to the cupcake - then had TWO big peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
I haven't eaten that much wheat & sugar in over a year. I think after the "worry week" I twisted off a little.

I honestly don't feel so great day. On the up side, I'm not very hungry, either. HA!

The best part, though, was laughing.

Last edited by JMCM1; 08-25-2013 at 03:49 PM..
Old 08-25-2013, 05:56 PM   #200

We finally got home early this morning. We ended up driving home from Denver. Long story about airplane problems, but just glad we're home.

Debby, I've been on vacation so there was no fasting of any kind being practiced. I'm cleaning up my act tomorrow though.

Have fun in Branson Carolyn.
Old 08-25-2013, 06:48 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah yes Sandy, it is hard to control eating times when you're on vacation. I'm finding the 16/8 hr thing to be very useful to rid me of the afternoon "snackies"

Hope you feel better & no backlash Judy. Good that you had fun.

You too Buffy, laughing sure is good!

Busy day for us. Our company left after we left for church. Picked up the kiddo's & went to church. They came home with us & we had lunch. Played games & went on the quad. The two little ones with me as we ran Molly. They loved that. Took 'em home & visited with DIL for a little while... full day!

So nice to relax now. Hope y'all have a great evening!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:39 PM   #202
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
He graduated already, right or he has one year left?
He's starting his junior year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Had a wonderful game night last night with my dinner club gals. All 9 of us made it and we laughed and laughed for several hours. Great therapy!!!
Great therapy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
The best part, though, was laughing.
Always!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
We finally got home early this morning. We ended up driving home from Denver. Long story about airplane problems, but just glad we're home.

Welcome home!!

Debby - sounds like everyone had fun!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Fit2010
Stats: Ht 5'3" Wt 12/09=190;9/10=137;2/14=196.5
WOE: MediWeightLoss-like/Atkins-like
Start Date: 12-28-09; restart 02-07-14
Looking for accountability! You seem to be a very supportive group...may I join you? I may not check in daily just yet, just started new job a few weeks ago. Planning to join a weight loss challenge at work that begins Sept 1st. So I'm planning....getting motivated....will shop in the next few days!

Previously I'd lost 53 lbs with MediWeightLoss Clinic, but I didn't get to work out my maintenance plan with the clinic because of being busy at the time with working and being in grad school. Weight has edged up again....so frustrating! I am back to having knee pain, shortness of air with going upstairs, blah, back into 14-16 pants again. Ugh!!
So, I want to lose this weight and be able to shop out of my own closets for what I will wear to work this schoolyear.

Judy, thinking of you and your mom at this time. What a blessing that you can be available to help her, and that this mass was caught while stage one! Prayers for you both at this time!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:41 AM   #204

Hi everyone..

Welcome, Fit.. Are you another "Deb"? We are so glad you are here..We aren't heavy duty accountability, but weighing once a month and reporting gains/losses has kept most of us on track..

MK, I thought Evan was still at Loyola..I'm sure he will have a great year..

Welcome home, Sandy...Grumble on the planes....We know you will lose any ounces that you gained in a week or so.

EEKKK..Weigh in today..No hour appointment, just a quick weigh-in. I am probably up a bit, but still in my window. That is why I weighed before Branson..BB..

I made 2 nommie breads for the trip..Carolyn's Orange Chocolate bread and George Stella's Ricotta Marbled Pound Cake. I froze them for the trip tomorrow..Coffee and a piece of bread will be my breakfast this week and dh's, too..

I am going to work on laughing more this week..Maybe there will be a comedian at Branson, ya think??? LOL..

Yesterday we ate lunch with friends and foreign students from the college..My friend, Sandy, who used to be in the military did a marvelous thing..There were some military men/women eating and we were standing by the door and she shook each one's hand and "thanked them for their service" as they went out the door..Nice gesture, huh?

Off to the chiro..Check in later after my weigh-in at 10:25..LOL..

Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 AM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Fit - So kind of you to hold my mother in your prayers. Thank you so much.

So is your plan to mostly eat low carb? I do think the people in this group are extremely knowledgeable and helpful and friendly and kind.

I'm mostly here to annoy people with personal questions that are not any of my business, then talk endlessly about myself. I kid. I kid.

Sandy sheesh, driving from Denver?? Looking forward to some details.

Carolyn I hope your weigh-in goes surprisingly well and then you have a fantastic time in Branson.
Love the military tribute. I have done something similar, but I always end up in tears, embarrassing myself and making military members laugh. HA HA!

Debby what a great day you describe!! Sounds about perfect.

MK I know you've had a great visit with your son.

Buffy - you were probably the instigator of all the laughter!!

Sharon!
Cindy!
Jim if you're still out there!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out.

I made "South Beach" pancakes for my mom yesterday. She is supposed to eat low fat and in only small amounts so as not to tax her pancreas. My fear is that she will not eat enough protein to maintain her lean body mass and I'd love her to be strong enough to get through whatever treatment they decide.

Those South Beach pancakes are actually not THAT carby. I made a bunch of pumpkin pancakes. The regular pancake batter I made into waffles, mostly - only about 4 pancakes. I doubled the recipe for each so it was

1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
8 egg whites (or 1 cup egg scramblers)
1/2 cup Splenda (I used the liquid equivalent)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Process all ingredients with a hand blender until smooth.

For the pumpkin version I just added 1/2 can pumpkin and more spices - clove and ginger, I think.

She'll have a little variety in her breakfast for awhile, which she likes. She's not much of a fan of eggs, but did make herself an omelet yesterday with (ugh) turkey bacon. At least she is getting protein. She weighs 121 so that's not unreasonable at all for a 5'1" person.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #206
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK Buffy, what is yum yum sauce used for?
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #207

Well, good news and bad news. First I didn't gain anything on vacation! I have no idea how that happened, except for biking and walking every day. But I also sat on the beach all afternoon and ate/drank whatever I wanted. But I'll take it.

Before we even got to the beach house our rental car broke down. It took them 2 hours to bring a replacement and tow that one. And we were only 10 minutes from where we picked it up! That was not a good start. The next day our SIL thought he'd lost his money clip with all the money they brought with them!! After hours of searching and basically giving up, he found it behind a drawer in the dresser. It had flipped over the back of the drawer. Relief!!

Then things got much better until Saturday when we were coming home. The plane out of California had a bird strike in the #2 engine. By the time they determined it was safe to fly we were 1.5 hours late on take off. We missed our connection by 4-5 minutes! And they didn't have anything for us until 7:15 the following day. The kids could've waited and flown back the next day at 3:10 but they didn't want us to drive it alone. I think they think we're old, lol. Also, Frontier would not put us up for the night since it was an "environmental issue". There's no way we wanted to sit around that airport for 24 hours! So that's why we decided to rent a car and drive home. It took us 8 hours exactly and we got home at 6 a.m. after driving all night. We fell into bed and got up 4 hours later so we'd be able to sleep that night. I fired up my computer and I couldn't get anything to open. I spent the next several hours yesterday and then this a.m. trying to fix it. I finally gave up and took it to my computer repair guy. So far, I've not heard back from him. I hope it's not a big deal. I'm using my old laptop now which feels so strange after using my new one for 3+ years, but I'm thankful I have it as a backup.
That's my update. And I'm back to my regular eating today. Not IF right now, just LC. I'm also going to join a gym where 2 of my friends go. I think that will make me more accountable to workout.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 AM   #208
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Judy, Yum Yum sauce? If I said anything about it, anywhere, I totally forget? Refresh my old mind.....

Well, I think all the grandkids are back in school now. Several started today and some last week. Bobby has proclaimed kindergarten to be "very hard", so much "paperwork", he doesn't like all that work!! Ava LOVES it all, she is so social.

Ollie is moving up a room so that this year he will be a "turtle", whatever that means LOL.

Grant started High School today at only 13, yikes!!! But, being at band camp all month has helped make the transition much easier.

Rachel and Graham back in college, this is Rachels last year of undergrad.

I did a good job of getting the sugar out of my diet this past week. Not so perfect on all fronts but a start. Having problems with UTI's and yeast and we all know that they love it when you snarf down sugar like I have been doing for several months now.

Judy, you are so good to help your mom with her diet.

Carolyn, enjoy Branson, you will laugh I am sure. Sandy, oh bummer on the trip home, flying is sure not glamorous these days.

Debbie, sounds like you had a great day.

Welcome Fit, we do try to be very supportive and have fun.

MK, hard to keep up with all your kids, but know they all are either in school or working, right?

Monday, laundry, office work and hopefully, grocery run, or maybe groceries tomorrow as I have to get out anyway. Meeting with Fidelity Rep, then Wed. finally getting back to Dr. VH for BP follow up. This month has flown by, as they all do.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 AM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Sandy, what a trip! We were posting at the same time!

Wow on the no gain, unheard of!!!!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:50 AM   #210

Hi everyone..

Hey, I lost .7 lbs from last month..Maybe it was the water pill I took..LOL..This is my secret..Once in a while I take a water pill for water retention and I always take one
the day before the weigh-in, so I am consistent..LOL.. I was 143.2 with all my clothes on. The were happy.

Sandy...I hate it when stressful things happen on vacation, but that is life, for sure...Glad you got home and hope your computer gets fixed..

LOL..Got a kick out of your grandkids' school comments..Poor Bobby, he has a long way to go...LOL.. But, I'm sure he will adjust..Can't believe Grant is in highschool...I'm sure his sugar levels are in control now.

Back to laundry...etc..etc..
Closed Thread