Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I love that dress, MK and it looks fabulous on you.. Of course...

Oh, Judy...On my real FB page, I have lots of crazies who are on the CCS journey with me...LOL.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #152
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Thanks ladies! I hated to mail it back today!
Old 08-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #153
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Good Monday Morning!
Judy, so nice that there was a shower for each of the gals. Like everyone else on here and that I know, I don't care for the games and have noticed that most of the showers I attend have quit doing the games. Also, I have attended several where they don't unwrap the gifts, which lets the guest of honor just enjoy her guests and circulate.

Oliver has already had his MRI and they are now getting ready to hook him up for his EEG. Will be an adventure keeping him contained all day and all night.

I really really need to go grocery shopping, used to love to do that and now put it off forever.

MK, loved the dress!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:57 PM   #154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Well, I may not be the annoying new person here as much.

I guarantee I will read every post but will not guarantee I will answer much.

After 3 bouts of pancreatitis and every CT scan and MRI - "no cancer!"
Don't worry! No cancer.

It's cancer.

My cute, smart 85-yr-old mother went in today for a stent for what they thought was a divisum or whatever. She doesn't have two ducts with only a small one carrying the load. There is a mass, but it sounds small. 14cm - smaller than a grape, larger than a marble, in her pancreas near her duct. That's why she's been having pancreatitis since January this year.

He took a biopsy and we won't know the results until Friday or so. My mom does not want to tell anyone yet as she doesn't want any sympathy. I agree - it's so hard to deal with other people's emotions.
She.
Knows.
Everyone.
In.
This.
Town.
And.
from sea.
to.
Shining.
Sea.

I can't believe you all don't know my cute, smart mom.

So the guy who did NOT put in a stent today (who had HORRIBLE people-skills) said the best Oklahoma Johns Hopkins-trained pancreatic surgeon was in OKC (*sigh*) and he would get our next appointment with that guy.

My mom is freshly 85. He said we should consider whether she/we wanted that surgery - it was a very difficult surgery for a 40-year-old. Then he said he'd seen 70-yr-olds in worse condition than my mom, so it was something for us to consider.
The size of the lesion also led him to say there WAS radiation and chemo - not urpy hair-loss chemo for this, etc. but he was not the cancer guy and we have to wait to talk to the cancer guy/surgeon.

So for 5 days I can't tell anybody I know (except DH who is in tears). So I'm telling you all.

If we have to start going to OKC and getting surgery/treatment, etc. I am sure I'll be fairly absent or morose. Please forgive me in advance and I know you will.

I am not ready to throw in the towel because we don't really know the prognosis. If they say "6 weeks" I won't be surprised - just incredibly sad. I hope so much there's something to be done - that this is a small lesion and he did say he checked her liver and surrounding - no cancer spread.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #155
Princess Proofreader

Judy - love and prayers 100 times over!

Old 08-19-2013, 09:29 PM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Oh Judy, I'm so sorry that its turned out that way. Will pray for the best treatment & fast full recovery. The Lord watch over you all.

So MK, that was a very cute dress... but how wise to "rent" it. Next event you'll get to show up in another cute one.

Blessings Y'all
Old 08-19-2013, 10:16 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Judy my prayers are with you and your family.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:42 AM   #158

Good morning..

Oh, Judy, so sorry to hear that your mom has cancer. It sounds small right now and that is good. However, if she hadn't had this surgery, they never would have known..Praying for you all and the doctors and wisdom to go forth..Big hugs to you and your mom..We are here for you...

Had a nice time in Wichita with brother/sister in law..We ate at BJ's..I'm sure it is a chain..Quite good.

Off to exercise...Check in later..
Old 08-20-2013, 06:58 AM   #159
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks, friends.
Just spoke with her this morning and she is in good spirits.

We are praying people - thank all of you for your prayers.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #160

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Oh Judy, I'm so sorry to hear this. I will definitely add her and your family to my prayers.

Having a blast here in southern California! We're headed off to a winery tour today. I'm not sure how many we'll go to but it'll be about 5 or 6 hours. The limo should be here by 10.
Old 08-20-2013, 04:27 PM   #161

Wow..the limo is coming..Enjoy!!
Old 08-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Enjoy your wine tasting tour. They are a lot of fun.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #163
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy dear! Just now got on and read about your Mom. Soo sorry to hear this but will pray for wonderful results from the next Dr.

Ollie's MRI came back with no change so no meds at this time
Old 08-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #164
Princess Proofreader

Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #165
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Company arrived last night, kept me busy from afternoon till I left for work this morning. They're very nice people, enjoyable to have. I got to take my walk with the wife, so that was good!
They left this morning, & will be back again either Thursday or Friday for a couple day stay next time. Things went well. Hopefully I'll be recuperated by then. I'm just feeling worn out from the marathon cleaning week-end. I've been grouchy & then feeling guilty for being grouchy... Do feel better tonight, now that "normality" has returned.

MIL is back home & very happy about it. She's determined to "stay" home... doing her exercises & proud of herself.

I bought another kindle book... Woman, Who Are You Exemplifying In Your Character? Not feeling too good about my "character" after being so grumpy... should be a good focus.

Hope y'all have a blessed evening.

Old 08-21-2013, 06:05 AM   #166

Hi

Busy, Debby..That book sounds "convicting"..Marathon cleaning is exhausting and makes one grumpy..

Yeah for Ollie and no meds!!

We are meeting a Chinese family for breakfast..The man used to work with Gary, but got another job and they are picking up their car he left here. They all have green cards, so they have to be updated by coming into the country..Expensive trip for 4 people..She is a diabetes doctor in China (where is it rampant now)..

Time to get dressed.. Have a great day..Check in later..I am making my Brownie Torte for a potluck on Friday night. Looking for a good LC brownie recipe.

Old 08-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #167
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
JUDY, I AM SO SORRY! Bless your whole family. Pleas keep us informed.

No, no Candy Crush for me all you Candy Crush addicts!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi
Busy, Debby..That book sounds "convicting"..Marathon cleaning is exhausting and makes one grumpy..
LOL - Carolyn... I actually searched for a book that would teach on "character"... thus the name... I was already under heavy conviction! The book is written by someone with poor English... but its got lots of scripture, so far from Proverbs, which is always good to read. This is the second kindle book I've bought with that problem... bad grammar... guess I should do a bit more research! Too easy to buy books on Kindle.

I am doing much better & am determined to have a better attitude about deep-cleaning for company when I have to do it again... either that - or hire someone! I will definitely enjoy our company more when they return...

Judy I hope you're doing well. God bless you all!

G'nite all!
Old 08-22-2013, 07:11 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thank you all for your prayers. I am grateful.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:46 AM   #170

I promise I didn't disappear on the wine tour, lol. It's just been perfect weather here and I haven't been spending much time with my tablet. We had a great time on the tour and spent all day yesterday on the beach. WE love the location of the beach house we're in. WIll defintely stay here again.
WE come home Saturday; this week is flying by!!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #171

Hi ladies and Jim,

How is the water temp, Sandy? Oh...love the beach..

Making Buttoni's brownies for tomorrow night..We are playing dominoes with friends..LOL. Friday night in Kansas..LOL.

Not much going on today..Exercised, took my little friend to Amy's house for a job
interview to take care of her motherinlaw once in a while. Little friend is 21 and needs a lot of encouragement..

I had my favorite blended coffee..with half and half at my coffee shop. I think there are 11 carbs in the whole drink and it is fabulous...
Old 08-22-2013, 01:14 PM   #172
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

I am doing much better & am determined to have a better attitude about deep-cleaning for company when I have to do it again... either that - or hire someone! I will definitely enjoy our company more when they return...

You could join our Flylady thread. If you actually do the missions, you never have to frantically clean your house again! Really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I promise I didn't disappear on the wine tour, lol. It's just been perfect weather here and I haven't been spending much time with my tablet. We had a great time on the tour and spent all day yesterday on the beach. WE love the location of the beach house we're in. WIll defintely stay here again.
WE come home Saturday; this week is flying by!!
Sounds like so much fun!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I thank you all for your prayers. I am grateful.

Carolyn - you're such a good friend!!!

Cindy - come on over to the dark side (Candy Crush!)
Old 08-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #173

Hi everyone..

Yes, I went up 3 levels in one day at CCS...Of course, I'm still in the 40's..

Buttoni's chocolate cake recipe is wonderful..I also made her cinnamon pecan coffeecake..Yummm..Portion control...
Old 08-22-2013, 08:42 PM   #174

Wafter temp is cold today! 15 degrees cooler than 2 days ago. Only in the 50s today but I stil l waded a bit. I think I've gained at least 5 lbs!

No candy crus for me, too addictive!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #175
Big Yapper!!!!

Been on the run all day long. I think band is going to be even more demanding than baseball but so glad Grant is in band. Pick up today and 11:00, back at 3:30 and that was just my 2 runs to the school.

Carolyn, do you mind posting a link to that cake. I need to make something LC to snack on.
Old 08-23-2013, 06:42 AM   #176
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Spending the day with DS21 - he leaves for Rome on Tuesday!!!
Old 08-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We have a family member who is married to a kiddo in medical school. I guess he's nearly out.

Anyway, my nephew who has such severe Crohn's stopped eating wheat (mostly but not completely. He's off wheat MOST days and mostly low carb even though he is skinny skinny) and got off dairy (dairy is what I think was hurting him).
His cousin told him she'd seen near miracles with people juicing. So he bought a juicer and started juicing as well.

To my mind, it's a "can't hurt might help" kind of thing. To him, it's a life-changer. He is off all medication and feels great. A couple of weeks ago he said to me, "Do you know how many times I've thrown up in the last 3 months? Two times. I used to throw up that much every day."

He was inflamed from the top of his esophagus to the end of his bottom. So now he's looking more at gut healing since he's off meds and feeling so well.

Anyhoozle, the cousin originally advocated juicing because of some success in cancer patients, so... like all desperate people, we're buying a juicer for my mom and starting that. My skinny sister was already juicing and is supplying my mom with whatever is the magical concoction.

My sweet mother is dutifully drinking the magical juice. Still haven't heard the pathology report. She has an appointment with the supposedly super duper Johns Hopkins trained pancreatic surgeon Sept. 4, but after reading - not sure we would put her through that...

I read every post and I love hearing everything you all have to say.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Judy your mother sounds like a real trooper bless her heart. You have some hard decisions to make. Positive thoughts for you and your Mom.

I'd love to have help finding that chocolate cake recipe too Carolyn. Buffy and I can snack on it together. I've been making kale chips the last couple of days. They are wonderful. Yesterday I put a light sprinkling of parm cheese on them before baking and I believe I have found the way I'll be making them from now on. Delish! I set the oven to 250 degrees and lightly sprayed the kale with evoo spray then the parm and some season salt. They baked for 45 mins and were done. The kale I used was from Trader Joe's in the bag. I took the thick stems off before baking.

Well now you can try them too. Need to get busy here. Can't believe it's Friday already. The days seem to be flying by lately.

See you soon be good now.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 08-23-2013 at 08:39 AM..
Old 08-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #179

Hi everyone..

I do think the Pacific Ocean is much colder than the Atlantic Ocean.. Of course, in Maine, the Atlantic Ocean is pretty cold, but down south it is warm.

Let me find that link..It is very good..I made 1/2 the recipe for a 9 inch round pan..The whole recipe would be two layers or a 9 x 13.
Old 08-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #180

Peggy said it was really The Chicken Lady's recipe..

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...-cake-pic.html
Closed Thread