Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2013, 05:02 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Jennifer's Gluten Free Flour is really good..Mostly almond flour/a bit of oat flour/a tiny bit of coconut flour..There is no coconutty taste, which I don't particularly care for..

Oh my, Buffy..We know our cars.. I found them at a skin cancer site along with long ones..But, I think the over the knee swim shorts with a blousey swim top would be cute..and no cellulite..

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 AM   #122

Good morning everyone..

Another great day..I call them "NH days" when it is dry and about 70-80 degrees..

I made an appointment for a weigh in next Tuesday morning..It is only $10 and it is quick. The regular appointments are $45 and last an hour and you talk to Dr. Cobb..Hopefully, I can be in the lower end of my window..

Best wishes at the Very Good Looking Dr....

How is everyone doing??
Old 08-15-2013, 05:25 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning!

Up early to knock out a little work, the take my cute smart mother to the appointment to have the stitches out from her "medically necessary" eye lift.

She turned a corner yesterday with the blood pressure medication. Said she feels MUCH better - much like her old self.

Then the Oklahoma City doctor's office called and we are to be there at 8:45 Monday for her stent procedure. If she doesn't have a pancreatitis flare (possible with this procedure and/or with any endoscopy) we'll go home that day. We're packing bags just in case.

Buffy I second Carolyn's best wishes with Dr. Very Handsome.

Carolyn good for you for scheduling your weigh-in. Hope it goes well!

I keep Jennifer's gluten-free mix in my fridge. Judy Barnes Baker (?) has the simplest recipe that I think is VERY good, so of course I can't quote it right now, but could if anyone wants it. You take a certain amount of Jen's mix and add 8 oz. of full-fat greek yogurt. That's all. Makes about 8-10 biscuits, I think? We love them, but each one definitely has something like 120 calories. All those yummy biscuit things have lots of calories, I think.

I have to go to a different store to find the full-fat lowest carb yogurt. I get Fage. Those biscuits are definitely worth trying at least once.

Happy Thursday and I'll check back in later, friends!
Old 08-15-2013, 07:25 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Didn't see Dr VH. They were using. New computer system the day I made the appt and when I showed up Tuesday, Dr was out on vacation. So, will call next week to make new appt.
Lunch with grant today and then hopefully I pick up my car with power steering fixed!
Those biscuits sound good Judy.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #125
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Cindy - how do you make your sausage gravy?
I don't ever make it. I like it but not enough to make it at home. And yeah about the stent. Hopefully it will end her boughts of pancreatitus.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Judy so glad your DM is feeling better.

We enjoyed a delicious pork roast - reheated tonight... love the fat! Very confusing to DH that I'm now eating fat!

Worked with Molly today, stopped her from herding Bella today. I got concerned this morning when she started herding the van on her run this morning... nipped that in the bud & backed up by stopping her herding efforts on our walk. She is doing really well too, proud of her.
Hope you're all having a great evening.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:38 PM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

NO VISIT WITH DR. VH????
PFFFFFFT Thumbs down!

Debby - our Molly is SO smart!!! You are a good mom, too!
So glad you got her and she got you.

Last edited by JMCM1; 08-15-2013 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #128
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy,
I'm so glad she responded so well. I was starting to worry that she was going to be one of those really bad border collies. Getting DH to back up what I'm teaching is just as important as teaching her... I do all this reading & then he thinks I'm being too strict. Although today he was good with most of it.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #129

Hi gals and Jim,

I don't think I have Judy's flour recipe, Judy..Would love it..I'm all about simple and need some decent biscuits..

Happy about your mom, too..Best wishes and prayers for a successful operation on Monday..It is great that you can go to OKCity for the surgery..

Debby: Glad our Mollie is behaving..and such a genius dog..

Buffy: Did your grandkids go back to school yet? Our kids go back next Tuesday.

I'm taking my little Scarlett out for lunch on Monday, then dh and I are heading to Wichita to pick out stone stuff for a retaining wall in the backyard. We will have dinner with Glen and Brenda (skinny)..

Opps..there is thunder...

Old 08-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks Judy,
I'm so glad she responded so well. I was starting to worry that she was going to be one of those really bad border collies. Getting DH to back up what I'm teaching is just as important as teaching her... I do all this reading & then he thinks I'm being too strict. Although today he was good with most of it.
OH MY GOSH Debby!!
Stop copying my DH and me!!
I am strict and stern and he is "Mr. Anything Goes." Until I point out how his easy-ness contributes to the brattiness of the pug....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi gals and Jim,

I don't think I have Judy's flour recipe, Judy..Would love it..I'm all about simple and need some decent biscuits..

Happy about your mom, too..Best wishes and prayers for a successful operation on Monday..It is great that you can go to OKCity for the surgery..

Debby: Glad our Mollie is behaving..and such a genius dog..

Buffy: Did your grandkids go back to school yet? Our kids go back next Tuesday.

I'm taking my little Scarlett out for lunch on Monday, then dh and I are heading to Wichita to pick out stone stuff for a retaining wall in the backyard. We will have dinner with Glen and Brenda (skinny)..

Opps..there is thunder...
Carolyn, DH is taking the brat pug out with a SWEATER and it is the middle of August!! Whoda thunk it??

Love Scarlett's name!
Old 08-16-2013, 06:04 AM   #131

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
It must be a man thing. My DH and I go 'round and 'round about our Bailey. He lets her act like a brat! Other people even notice. She acts totally different when he's not around. My DSIL said it makes him not like her and I told him he needs to not like his DFIL, not the dog. He's finally agreed, lol.

I'll be busy, busy today trying to make sure I haven't forgotten anything. I'll try to check in while I'm gone but we all know how that goes.

My weight is being crazy right now!! I'm not really sure what's going on but I'm not going to stress too much about it on our trip. But I'm buckling down hard when we get back. I already told 2 of my friends that I'd like to join them on their early morning walks and check out their gym with them. They both retired from teaching this year so I'll finally have workout buddies!! I'm excited!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-16-2013, 11:30 AM   #132

Hi gals and Jim,

Yes, workout buddies are necessary..In fact, we just celebrated a birthday of our little workout group at Judy's favorite restaurant..Susie made a chinese dish without cornstarch, and it was great..

Sandy: Have a great vacation......

LOL..Put off my weigh-in for 9 days as we are dining in Wichita Monday night and weigh in on Tuesday morning would not be pretty..LOL..

Rodeo tomorrow night..Love it..Once a year..

Making LC Chicago style Pizza tonight. Love that recipe..
Old 08-16-2013, 02:03 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy I hope you have a blast on your vacation!

Carolyn - how wonderful you got them to make Chinese food without cornstarch!! They are nice folks anyway, but that is an extra pleasure to be able to eat Chinese food without the worry.

My DH's mother is coming in this afternoon and will spend the night with us. We have TWO baby showers tomorrow (so grandma would not have to drive over twice) and she didn't trust herself to get up and get on the road in time to leave tomorrow.

Looking forward to our visit.

Carolyn I wish I'd thought ahead and made a LC Chicago style pizza, too.
You know how I like to copy you! lol
Old 08-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #134

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Pizza sounds yummy!!
Have fun at the baby showers.
Have fun in Wichita!
I promise to have fun in Newport Beach.
I'll miss my morning coffee with you all but I'll try to catch up when I can. And I'll try to post when I can.

Take care!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:07 AM   #135

Hi everyone..

Yes, Sandy...wonderful wishes for a great vacation.. Wichita will be a quick trip but it is nice seeing bro and sister in law..She lost 6 pounds by using a calorie counter on her phone..wowza..

Judy: Have fun at the Baby Showers..how fun is that???

That pizza is so fabulous..I was "thinking" how we could make a breakfast pizza out of it by using the crust/cheddar cheese/cooked pork sausage with red peppers/egg and cream mixture poured over it and baked..I might prebake the crust so the egg mixture doesn't make it soggy..

RODEO tonight..It's a little one, but a fun one..and there are some good LC food carts there..
Old 08-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
..She lost 6 pounds by using a calorie counter on her phone..wowza..

Wow, I am looking forward to getting the Iphone 5s, which is coming out this fall. So, I just purchase the phone, download a calorie counter and I lose 6 lbs, right? Oh, I have to actually count calories , and limit them . Drats, why oh why can't they come up with that magic weight loss I have searched for for many many years. Oh yes, I know where to find that magic but when you actually have to "follow" the plan, it isn't so magic now, is it?
Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #137

Absolutely, Buffy...I guess instead of eating, we could play Candy Crush Saga for 20 minutes..LOL..
Old 08-17-2013, 08:57 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, have a mahvelous!! vacay!

MK, fabulous new hair cut, gals, run over to FB to see it.

Judy, enjoy your overnight guest.

Saw the movie "Jobs" yesterday. Being a tech fan, I really enjoyed it. Story ended before he got sick though, wished it would have followed the rest of his life. Ashton Kutcher did a great job or portraying Steve Jobs I think.

May go see The Butler today, had a hard time choosing between the 2 yesterday.

Tonight is Grant's HS band induction for the freshman, I am going along to see that.

My little Bobby and Ava got home yesterday from their trip to France and Italy. I am so anxious to see them and hear about the trip.

Monday my little Oliver goes into the hospital for his 24 hour evaluation on his seizures, will be so happy to hear "good" results from that and hope to hear it is just the type he will grow out of.

This board is the Grandma board, right

Hugs all around!
Old 08-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #139
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Absolutely, Buffy...I guess instead of eating, we could play Candy Crush Saga for 20 minutes..LOL..
Have you figured up the calorie burn for that,
Old 08-17-2013, 09:00 AM   #140
Big Yapper!!!!

Ok, one more Grandma story and I may have already posted this.

At a park in France, the kids were trying to play with some of the other kids there, they knew they weren't speaking English so Bobby switched into Spanish, hmmm, that didn't work so well either
Old 08-17-2013, 05:41 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Bobby's a smart kid - someone may have spoken Spanish! You never know over there!

I am a pitifully pitiful Candy Crush Saga addict.
Pitiful.

The baby showers were wonderful today. I am exhausted, though! My sweet mother went to both, and for some reason they were each about 3 hours long!! My wonderful niece drove in from out of town and my skinny sister came, too! So it was nice for me and the girls. Lots of interesting gifts. I have a lot to learn, but I'm pretty sure those babies will let me know everything I need to know, right?

Quiche was served at both showers, so I think I was safe since I didn't eat any crust. Both also had salads, so I think I did all right. I came home to find DH had brought him onion rings, french fries and a hamburger for me. *sigh* I did pop a few cold french fries into my mouth... then told myself I was healing my gut with resistant starch.

I hope dear Oliver does indeed get tests that show he will outgrow those seizures. Geesh! What will he do for 24 hours?? Do kids still color? Can he walk the halls or does he need to be hooked up to electrode thingys?

My sister and I are taking my mom to Oklahoma City early Monday morning for her stent. It will be done through endoscopy. We are hoping for a drama-free trip.
Old 08-17-2013, 06:15 PM   #142
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Wow, I am looking forward to getting the Iphone 5s, which is coming out this fall. So, I just purchase the phone, download a calorie counter and I lose 6 lbs, right? Oh, I have to actually count calories , and limit them . Drats, why oh why can't they come up with that magic weight loss I have searched for for many many years. Oh yes, I know where to find that magic but when you actually have to "follow" the plan, it isn't so magic now, is it?
Yes, there is an app for that!

Buffy, it's not unusual for kids to outgrow seizures. But it is a long wait.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:26 PM   #143
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi y'all!
Sounds like you had fun with family today Judy. You enjoy baby showers? Wow, I don't... don't care for the "games."
I had a productive day today. Deep-cleaned the other two stories of my house (did the upstairs yesterday). I really don't like housework! But sometimes you gotta do it! (overnight company coming Monday).
Happy to say, that today I didn't over-eat... yesterday the frustration of cleaning drove me to snacking... today I kept st.johns in my system & made it! I'm counting the 8 hrs of cleaning as exercise.
So, I took the dogs for a quad-run & had to do some re-enforcing of Molly's no-herding lessons for running Bella with the quad. She got it. She ended up "racing" me in the end... poor Bella, couldn't keep up.
Hope y'all have a good night
Old 08-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #144
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well, I know what you mean. But I loved seeing my girls surrounded by loved ones and getting super cute baby gifts! They were both so happy.
We didn't have any "real" games - just chatter and food. I know what you mean about games at showers.

You sound like me in cleaning. I'm happy doing it if someone is coming. Please give me a little notice to clear off the dust, etc.!

Oh smart smart Molly!!! I bet she is a happy girl.
Old 08-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH! This was for your grandbabies!?? Did I miss that they were born? Or are they still expecting? Of course you all would want to go! I would too.

Yep, I will do it for company, but I don't enjoy it... I'd love to hire a cleaning lady!
Old 08-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #146

Hi everyone..

Sounds like a fun Saturday for everyone..Rodeo was fun..No one got 8 seconds on the bulls and it is easy to see why..

Oh, I do hope Oliver's seizures are the type he outgrows. I think kids can play in any language and I am sure Bobby had a great time.

What a cleaning whiz, Debby!! Company gets me in gear, too..

I am knitting prayer shawls for our church. We are starting this new ministry for the people who are sick and homebound. Some ladies want to learn to knit, so my friend and I are going to teach them the basics..I do think watching youtube is an easy way to learn..I go to it when there is a crazy stitch I don't understand.

Showers can take a long time when there is eating, chatting, and opening of gifts..I hate those games..I wonder if I ever liked them when I was younger...Glad the girls had fun and got lots of cute clothes, etc., Judy..

Who else does Candy Crush Saga? What level? I am on 40..The kid at the coffee shop got me off Level 38, which I was on forever..I might have to have him get me off 40 cuz it is has been a while..

Have a good day, everyone..
Old 08-18-2013, 06:25 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Who else does Candy Crush Saga? What level? I am on 40..The kid at the coffee shop got me off Level 38, which I was on forever..I might have to have him get me off 40 cuz it is has been a while..

Have a good day, everyone..
I have a fake facebook account. My "real" facebook account has a very very few friends because frankly I am rarely on my real facebook.

On my fake facebook account I "like" and am "friends" with every low carb page I can find and a couple of low carb authors, etc. And on that fake facebook account I play Candy Crush Saga.

With that fake account, I joined a Candy Crush facebook page. There you can "friend" people for the sole purpose of asking them to give you tickets to the next level. They will also give you lives and extra moves every time you play and they play.

I am on level 70 and have been for more than a week. As addicted as I say I am, I never use up my 5 lives in one day (even though they regenerate over time). It's my "reward" for working. If I finish a task, I'll treat myself to a game or two - only takes a couple of minutes.

But level 70 has me bumfuzzled. I suppose over time, the game lets you have all the right candies to blast through the growing chocolate (wait till you get to that if you haven't. HATE the chocolate!!).

And now you know more than you wanted!

Yes, Debby I failed to mention these showers were for my future grandbabies. The boy is due Oct. 1 and the girl is due Oct. 17. I talk with you all so much I guess I thought you all should be able to read my mind.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone!
Old 08-18-2013, 08:31 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah thanks for clearing that up Judy, I really thought there would of been a huge announcement if either of them had been born yet! Guess I've been in Canada too long... they don't do showers till after the baby comes. Forgot about the "pre-baby" showers! (had one for my 1st - 40 yrs ago)!

Well girls, it sure is a good feeling having a clean house. Now to have some kind of "enjoyment" for my last day off.

Have a good one!
Old 08-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #149
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Sorry - I've been busy doing who knows what and then I get so far behind on the thread it's hard to get caught up - so -

LOVE you all and will read all posts soon - promise!

Yes, new hair and we went to a wedding.
I rented another dress from Rent the Runway and loved it - what do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-08-17 14.26.39.jpg (17.1 KB, 12 views)
Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 AM   #150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are so so so cute - you look like you are 25.
That is beautiful.
Closed Thread