Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Debby is this your day??

Sponsored Links
Old 08-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
The chips are good. I'll probably bake them longer next time and maybe in a slow oven like the eggplant chips. They're not overly crispy like a potato chip, which is really what I'd like them to be, but they are very tasty. And yes, it's the recipe from FB. I forgot to spray my rack but after they cooled I was able to slide them off with a little metal spatula. I forgot the seasoning salt, garlic powder and pepper too. I don't think they really need any of those though. I did salt them right out of the oven.

Happy birthday Debby!!! Enjoy your dinner and friends.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-08-2013, 04:09 PM   #63
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Happy Birthday, Debby! Mexican would be my choice too.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
have a lovely dinner Debby!

Buffy glad you had a grand time on your vacation.

Sandy, zucchini chips? I have to try them now. I love zucchini baked or grilled. I suppose the slices are very thin, huh?

I'm still 279 this morning. I'm always scared to weight afraid the scale will jump me back up over that hump. In fact it showed a couple more ounces down. Whew!

Carolyn it's nice to have lc'ers when you're eating out. My eye is coming right along. No more pain now.

to all I've missed.

Sharon
Old 08-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks but it was in June I was so surprised they want to do this!
Hope I can find something acceptable to eat.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:03 PM   #66

Sharon, it says 1/4" thick but I think I did closer to 1/8". I think the thinner the better. When you made the eggplant chips did they actually ever get crispy like a real chip? I think these might do that if they were cooked either longer or lower temp and slow, kind of like the eggplant.
I also made pork cutlets and I breaded them with the same mixture I put on the zuchinni. They were yummy!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:09 PM   #67

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yummy..I do think "thin" is best when you are making veggie chips..Just don't cut your finger off..

I'm making Chicken Poppy Seed Casserole now. I bought some Mission pork rinds and honestly, they are so tender, they broke up really easily..I gave some to Alex and he scarfed them down..

Yes, happy belated birthday, Debby..

My friend gave me some handpicked blackberries...My goodness..I think I will make a small cobbler thing and not waste them all at once.
Old 08-09-2013, 01:21 PM   #68

Is that a low carb recipe Carolyn? I'm so bored with our food lately I'm looking for different things to make. Can you share or tell where to find the recipe? I sure like the tender pork rinds, especially for grinding up. Sometimes they're so hard the grinder won't even grind them!

This is how bored I am, I bought some Chinese 5 Spice at the store and have no idea what to use it for, lol. It sounded different though, lol.
Old 08-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy how funny you bought the Chinese 5 Spice with no idea for its use!
Stop copying me!!

Carolyn if you get to Aldi in B'ville, buy their pork rinds. They are $1 for 3.5 oz. - here at least. Sandy I think you shop at Aldi sometimes too?

I admit I actually use them occasionally for a chip substitute. I sometimes pour homemade ranch dressing and use them for my chip. Or I'll mix up a little sour cream and some salsa and use that for a dip. Don't know why I'm not skinny!

Aldi's cottage cheese (full fat for me) is my favorite cottage cheese ever ever ever. I always buy their sour cream and butter, too.

I wonder if they'll send me a check soon for promoting them so heavily?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #70

I buy the majority of all my groceries at Aldi. Love them!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:39 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy I try to get the eggplant slices 1/4". I don't have a mandolin to do the slicing so some are thicker and chewier. I happen to love eggplant so don't worry about the thinker ones. I find the slower oven makes them more like dehydrated.

Kiddies, I'm still at 279. Body is not bouncing around now. I'm so glad.

Got a little walk in after grocery shopping this morning.

Carolyn, I'm loving Cracker. That doc is one mixed up guy. That must be why I like him so much.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hi gang!
I should be doing laundry, I should be doing office work, I should.......but, I am going to a movie!
I have a busy week coming up with 2 dental appts. and a follow up with Dr. VH on the change in my BP meds. Also, will be taking Grant for his allergy shot and a lunch or two.
DD and family are in Paris and thinking of renting an apartment there for a short while next summer and if so, want Mema to come along!!! JOY, JOY, JOY!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 11:05 AM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh boy Buffy that's something to look forward to.

Still holding at 279. Nice to see it's a solid number now. I'm ready for another downward change. Maybe this week, huh?

Kickback day today. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:59 AM   #74

Hi ladies..

Sharon: Cracker is very mixed up..LOL..but smart..

I will find the link to the chicken recipe..It was called Gramma's Chicken..Gary liked it. and I did, too. You might not need as much butter in the pork rind/parmesan cheese topping as it was pretty "wet" and didn't crunch up much in my opinion..

Mema definitely needs to go to Paris next summer.. How fun is that???

I feel a trip to Bville coming on with my cooler in the trunk. I do love their dairy, but
haven't tried the cottage cheese, but will... Thanks for the reminder.

Dh is mowing the farm..I'm doing laundry..Life is normal here..Swimming pool is open for the church tomorrow. I will go..I wish they made pantyhose for the pool, so my legs would look better..LOL..

Hugs all around...

Old 08-10-2013, 12:00 PM   #75

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...en-recipe.html
Old 08-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #76

Thank you Carolyn. Now I wonder how it would be if I added some Chinese Five Spice, lololol.

Just kidding!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #77

Carolyn, quick question.....do you use the lower carb cream of chicken and mushroom in this, or just the regular cream of chicken?
Old 08-10-2013, 07:55 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends
DH just got back a bit over an hour ago... he was stung in the temple by a bee or wasp... not sure. It got in his helmet. He wasn't getting any reaction, except a localized headache, but its swelling now & a bit itchy. I'm keeping a close watch on him, he had a reaction to a sting years ago when he got stung in the jugular... that was scarey. Praying he's going to be fine.
Molly's doing fantastic. She got to play with her neighbor friend yesterday. Wore her out! But she sleeps heavy & then rebounds! So lots of playing & running, etc. She's eating well & not worrying as much over the bee-stings & ear... just occasionally.
I bought 101 Dog Tricks (kindle) yesterday. The groundwork is sit, lay down, stay, come... so you have to start there. She already sits & comes on command. We'd never taught her to lay down on command, except to got to bed... so I used their steps & taught it to her in 3 tries. She LOVES the learning game... I need to take time to do this, because she's keen on the challenge (& treats)! Next we'll do stay... for when I walk away (she already stays on her mat on command when we're eating).
I got her to "heal" 2 days ago, without a leash... but its kind of silly to do that when you live on a farm . I just wanted to see if I could get her to do that.

MIL is progressing, but not as fast as they were hoping. They'll be keeping her in the rehab for an extra week. They need to get her to the point of getting on & off of the toilet.

Caught up on housework, cooking, exercised... a good Saturday.
Hope you did too.

PS. Fun having you gals as facebook pals too.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:56 AM   #79

Hi,

Sorry, Sandy for not seeing your post..I used the chicken/mushroom soup..

Oh, my Debby, your poor dh..Hope and pray he is okay this morning..

I think Molly is a genius dog..Of course, border collies are one of the smartest dogs they make..

Church, then we are taking a young couple out to lunch today..Then the pool party.What to wear? What to wear? LOL

Have a great day ladies and Jim..
Old 08-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good update, Debby!
I agree with Carolyn - Molly is a smarty pants and those dogs are so happy when they are learning/working/pleasing. They are really an extraordinary breed. Molly will be so glad to know what you want of her and how to please you.

I was just wondering about your MIL - thank you for letting us know.

Carolyn what a nice day for a pool party! Hasn't this summer been pretty darn good? The week ahead looks fantastic.

Next weekend we have baby showers, so I'm wondering what to wear for that.

3 days this week my skinny sister has come back from shopping the sales with things for me to try on. She is so tired of my short, fat T-shirts. HA HA! She is happiest when I am the least comfortable, looking like Barbie. The thing is, when I dress the way she likes, THAT is when people comment on my weight loss.

Working from home does not make me want to dress well, believe me...

Good look on your chosen attire for the pool party, Carolyn, and just be glad my sister isn't there dressing you!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:53 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

One other thing - Rebecca Latham, who was at one time so active on the nutritional ketosis thread is back in the NK group and she has been diagnosed with diabetes! I think she's happy doing about zero carb (for now). But it does explain why she had trouble losing weight.

She lost her mother to alzheimer's and her younger sister has it now. She attributes alzheimer's to too many carbs, also. She's quite regimented herself, but honest, too, about when she falls off the wagon. I think some people call alzheimer's type III diabetes...

If I ever get that diagnosis of diabetes, thanks to Carolyn and her experience, I am going to get on metformin as quickly as possible. It seems to be a good way to manage blood sugars after all these years of sugar and flour and sugar and corn...

If I ever get that diagnosis of alzheimer's I'm going to go out in a blaze of chips, crackers, ice cream and brownies!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:32 AM   #82
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes Judy,
Border Collies are #1 smartest dog... here's a fun video about the top 10, its real cute & accurate.
Top 10 Smartest Dogs : Videos : Animal Planet

Dh is fine this morning PTL! His eye is swollen, so we stayed home from church today. Watched a really good sermon on tv.

I'm looking at going closer to what you gals are doing WOE... or at least reading about it (after reading a link Judy posted) Is there a really good book that I'd be able to buy? Thinking it will be on Kindle. Thanks

Have a great day!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:05 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

EEEEk! Watch out for my links and whatever I think I know!

We're all different and I have to say - whatever you have done is working for you and your body!!

And think about Mary Kay - this would absolutely go counter to what her body needs right now.

I just link things I agree with that are working for me. Heck my own sweet mother can't eat the way I'm eating right now - the fat would send her back to the hospital, I think.

And Cindy pretty much exercises like you do - and counts calories with fantastic success.

Different approaches - good results.

I keep forgetting to ask Sharon what she has done that has finally started working.
I'm asking now!
Old 08-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning.

Judy, I'm doing PFC (Protein, Fat, Carb) for each meal in that order. Eating whole foods. No gluten or anything that changes to sugar as soon as it hits your mouth. I'm a Type 2 D. in remission by what I eat. I'm also taking bifido and L-glutammane along with Gaba for good sleep.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #85

I put a port butt on my electric smoker early this a.m. and I'm thinking it's just about ready to pull off and let it rest before I pull it to eat it. Yum!!! I am being very strict today after two pretty naughty ones and boy oh boy did that show up this a.m on my scale. Yikes!! Scared me straight. At least for this week. Next week we're going to California. DD and her DH are joining us this year. I'm sure we'll have a ton of fun. The bad thing is we all LOVE good food. We'll be riding bikes and walking a lot too so hopefully it will help keep us more balanced.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #86

Hi gals and Jim,

Sandy, when on vacation, enjoy the food..That is part of the fun..My LC doctor encourages peeps to be totally legal before the vacation, then the damage isn't as bad when they come home.

Hmmm..my friend said her girls went to pool for a party last night and the water was freezing because of the rain/bad weather lately. I might wear my suit under my clothes..and have a jacket, too..We are having several baptisms in the pool, too..Should be fun.

Mexican for lunch..I was pretty good, let me tell you..
Old 08-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #87
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Dear High Fat Low Carb friends (and for that matter any way of eating is fine as long as you feel well)...

Just popping in to say hello and keep up the good work.
Your friend,
Hugh J
HI!
After seeing that Hugh had stopped by, I just had to come back!

It's been an interesting eating journey.
I now call restaurants before we go, make a reservation and ask for special requests. Most are really receptive.

Though the mental part is making me crazy. I can feel perfectly wonderful all day and then get completely stressed because I'm going out to dinner.
Then the diarrhea starts (TMI?)

So it's back to square 1.
I'm eating a lot of soluble fiber and not much insoluble.
Fat has to go as does caffeine and alcohol (though after a pasta dinner, a glass of wine is just fine! )

And I'm down to 118.6 - so Cindy, you're right. It's more about calorie consumption that what they actually are.

And I tried to stalk you on FB, Cindy - but there are a lot of Cindys! I finally tracked you down through Carolyn's page.
So - friend request sent!

Sounds like everyone is doing well!

Debby - please come and train my dog!! He's finally off the collar and cone and I should be able to start working with him next week. He can sit and sometimes stay - but heeling and coming are beyond him!

Buffy - sounds like you had a marvelous time!!

Sandy - you have the best meals!!

Sharon - WTG on the loss!!!!

Carolyn - pantyhose for the pool?!
Apparently it's a real thing! Who knew?!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 08-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Is the diarrhea from anxiety, or food?

Pantyhose in the pool is hilarious. Who knew is RIGHT!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:25 PM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Next week we're going to California. DD and her DH are joining us this year. I'm sure we'll have a ton of fun. The bad thing is we all LOVE good food. We'll be riding bikes and walking a lot too so hopefully it will help keep us more balanced.
Great!! All that exercise will really help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I might wear my suit under my clothes..and have a jacket, too..We are having several baptisms in the pool, too..Should be fun. Mexican for lunch..I was pretty good, let me tell you..
Mmmm.... Mexican! Baptisms! How fun! Sounds great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
It's been an interesting eating journey. I now call restaurants before we go, make a reservation and ask for special requests. Most are really receptive. Though the mental part is making me crazy. I can feel perfectly wonderful all day and then get completely stressed because I'm going out to dinner. Then the diarrhea starts (TMI?)
And I'm down to 118.6 - so Cindy, you're right. It's more about calorie consumption that what they actually are.
Debby - please come and train my dog!! He's finally off the collar and cone and I should be able to start working with him next week. He can sit and sometimes stay - but heeling and coming are beyond him!
What a good idea, calling ahead for your food choices. It does get so complicated to try & figure it out when you're sitting with friends (talking). Congrats on the wt. loss!
About training... use treats! They'll do anything for treats... then eventually you can wean them off the treats. Border collies are quicker, but the method works on them all... Praise, pets, then treat for each accomplishment.
Quote:
EEEEk! Watch out for my links and whatever I think I know! We're all different and I have to say - whatever you have done is working for you and your body!! I just link things I agree with that are working for me. Heck my own sweet mother can't eat the way I'm eating right now - the fat would send her back to the hospital, I think.
Yep, totally agree Judy, and that's what I do too and I "like links" that I want to come back to & read later as well. I find the more I read, the better. Seem to get something out of each method that helps. Then hone it to suit my body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Good morning.
Judy, I'm doing PFC (Protein, Fat, Carb) for each meal in that order. Eating whole foods. No gluten or anything that changes to sugar as soon as it hits your mouth. I'm a Type 2 D. in remission by what I eat. I'm also taking bifido and L-glutammane along with Gaba for good sleep.
so happy for you Sharon!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #90
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Is the diarrhea from anxiety, or food?
Anxiety.
Closed Thread