Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hugh Jackman is worth seeing no matter what no matter where.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thank you Cindy makes perfect sense... I Googled it & there are actual canned worms! So.... thought I'd better ask
Thanks Judy, makes me feel better.

I took Molly to the vet today. She's having digestive distress, for some reason. Not eating or drinking. Got injection of fluids & anti-nausea meds. Praying she gets better overnight.
Dh's Mom is in the rehab place now... its a convalescence home. SIL was not impressed & MIL is owning up to being part of the problem. Dr has been telling her for years to exercise & build up her muscles... she put him on "ignore." She'll also still be on an anti-biotic for a couple more weeks. Hoping to only be at that home for one week... not so nice as the hospital was.
Have a great Sunday!
I had no idea there was such a thing as actual canned worms! Poor Molly. Hopefully this passes soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Hi everyone. We're back and had a great time. I'm suffering now with an eye problem that I'll need my doc to correct. There's always something huh.

I'm happy to say I lost last month and still going down. Starting weight was 294 and is now 280.1 this morning. Woo too!

It's a little hard trying to type with one eye closed so will see you all later. Have a lovely Sunday. Bye for now.
YEAH!! That is fabulous!!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Debby

How is Molly today?

Sharon please do update us about your eye.

Apparently I am only checking in today to ask others to check in.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning!
Thanks for asking Judy. Molly's perked up quite a bit (wants to play, fetch, & chew on us), and has started "picking at food"... when I took her for a walk, I had to stop her from eating grass (yesterday); today from eating calf-dung. I'm still syringing the broth to her & she actually ate a "milk-bone" after our walk... so I'm hopeful!
Me... I've been nursing a pulled muscle, remembered arnica 2 days ago & picked some up from the HFS & it started working really well. But this morning I bent over to get something & "click" out went my lower back so, I took a muscle relaxant (hate taking them) & I'm nursing that. Its doing pretty well, so going to keep at the icing, walking, stretching & praying. Who has time for this nonsense?
Today's a holiday in BC; BC Day. So we're enjoying the time at home. May go for a ride later.
Hope y'all are having good days, don't work too hard Judy (but get lots done)!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #35
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Yes, Hugh Jackman in anything is amazing.. Judy is right.

Glad Molly is better..Gosh dogs will eat anything, won't they? Unlike cats who are much fussier.

Yes, how is your eye, Sharon?

Took my little gal out to lunch and bought a few outfits for school/school supplies..She is soooo skinny. She is adorable and very appreciative.

Dh is mowing the farm..E-I-E-I-O.

Excited to start our Prayer Shawl ministry..Some ladies are going to learn for the first time to crochet or knit. I'm thinking crocheting is a lot easier for the most part..Anyone agree with me?

Size 10S Skinny Jeans.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning ladies.

Thanks for asking about my eye. I feel it's getting better but I have doc. appt. this afternoon. I'm still not able to see well out of it yet.

Scaled showed 279.8 this morning. I'm so excited!

Glad that Molly is recovering nicely from her tummy issues. Doggies sure do get into trouble when it comes to eating the bad things.

Judy don't forget to take a break from that desk and get a good stretch.

It will be so nice to use both eyes while typing. Be glad when this stuff is gone.

See you soon.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 08-06-2013, 01:07 PM   #37

Hi ladies..

Sharon, that is amazing..You go girl and hopefully your eye will heal up..

Made some blueberry scones and dh's breakfast muffins with cooked sausage/cheese/egg mixture poured over in muffin tins..Whopee..He does like them and it will keep him away from my scones.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
He does like them and it will keep him away from my scones.

Old 08-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: lindawell8
Stats: 198/198/160
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Jan. 2012
Hi, hope it is ok to squeeze in on this forum. You seem to have fun here. I am starting again. This time have to do it. And want to do it. But I know I hsve to keep envolved to do it right. So I hope you will all be my friends.
Tha
Just bought a new treadmill. It is to hot here to walk outside.And I love to walk.

I have trouble understanding this WOE. That is why I failed last time. Just going to pay more attention to what I can learn here. Thank you got listening.
Linda
Old 08-06-2013, 04:04 PM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hiya Linda!

Nice to "see" you again. I wondered what happened to you!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dear High Fat Low Carb friends (and for that matter any way of eating is fine as long as you feel well)...

Just popping in to say hello and keep up the good work.
Your friend,
Hugh J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hugh Jackman.jpg (25.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 08-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Linda!
Way to go Sharon!
Judy!

Molly's back to herself and more! Energy plus!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #43

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Wow! Judy, I didn't know you had such good connections! Thank you!!!

I read where he eats 8 hours a day and fasts 16. And when he's bulking to get ready to play Wolverine he eats 5,000 calories in that 8 hours!! Mostly boiled, lean chicken and steamed spinach. He said it was very hard to eat that many calories of those foods. But wow, look at his results! He also said that 16-8 plan is becoming very popular. I had not heard of that exact plan before, but apparently it works. And of course, he does major workouts too which uses up all that protein and turns it into muscle.

Welcome back Linda!!

Glad Molly is doing better. I'm sure that was pretty scary for you Deb.

Sharon, I hope your eye is doing better and WTG on the weight loss.

I need to clean some today. I have a lunch date with my BFF or 46 years and the babies are coming over tonight for dinner and Nanny & Papa time. Hopefully Papa will be here in time to enjoy them.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 08-07-2013, 08:00 AM   #44
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Judy, your a mess!!

Welcome Linda!

Sandy, there are a few threads here on that plan. I think they may call it intermittent fasting but you eat all your calories over 8 hours of your choice.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Judy, your a mess!!

I knew you'd find me out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Welcome Linda!

Sandy, there are a few threads here on that plan. I think they may call it intermittent fasting but you eat all your calories over 8 hours of your choice.
I kinda sorta think Carolyn mentioned that way of eating within an 8 hour window last year and she and I did that for awhile. I was losing anyway, so I sort of abandoned that.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #46

Hi,

Do you think if we fed our dhs the Hugh Jackman plan, magic would happen? LOL..

Yes, I did try eating in 8 hours, but I'm back to my normal way..of eating from 8 to 6ish..I am more of a 10 hour gal..

Linda: You can do it..It is more about portion control for some of us and avoiding carbs..Watch the protein and don't worry about the fat too much.

Sounds like a fun day, Sandy..Visiting babies are always fun and lunch with gfs..How fun.

Exercised..We are hooked on the Netflix Cracker series...Even dh will watch it with me.
English detective stories..
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #47

Did you only eat boiled chicken and steamed spinach? I knew about IF, but this WOE that he described was 8 hours of just about only those foods. Yuck! I guess it's still a form of IF but coming from Hugh it just sounded so much newer and exciting, lol. Shoot, he almost made boiled chicken and steamed spinach sound wonderful, lol.
Our poor DHs, if we made them eat that way in hopes of them looking like Hugh, I wonder whose diet they would choose for us to eat to look like. Scary!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Did you only eat boiled chicken and steamed spinach? I knew about IF, but this WOE that he described was 8 hours of just about only those foods. Yuck! I guess it's still a form of IF but coming from Hugh it just sounded so much newer and exciting, lol. Shoot, he almost made boiled chicken and steamed spinach sound wonderful, lol.
Our poor DHs, if we made them eat that way in hopes of them looking like Hugh, I wonder whose diet they would choose for us to eat to look like. Scary!
No I sure did not eat boiled chicken and steamed spinach. Heck I could go on weight watchers and eat that way.

I know exactly whose diet my DH would choose if I limited his meals to those - some cute young gal at the Chinese buffet!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:41 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Anything Hugh says sounds wonderful...LOL..

Old 08-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Ugh! Love that picture! Don't think I would torture myself eating just boiled chicken and spinach. I'd have to have some fat in there somewhere. HA!

Doc has me on drops and eye is improving. He wants to see me in a week. Looks like it's about over and my eye will be ok.

Had a little walk with my fur kids and now going to listen to my kindle. Have a nice day ladies and Jim hope you're doing ok?
Old 08-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #51

For 15-50 million dollars, I think I could eat a whole lot of boiled chicken and steamed spinach. At least for one movie, maybe not 4-5!

The babies were a joy! They both loved what I fixed for dinner. Cheeseburger Macaroni!! They love pasta. I made Dreamfields and didn't use as much as the recipe called for. Colton asked for more 3 times!! And then he enjoyed some blueberries. He loves blueberries! And Chase ate all his dinner too. He doesn't like the blueberries. Yet, that is.
I enjoyed my lunch too. I really splurged a bit and had lasagna. I've been craving it for months and just decided to treat myself. I also had bread! I'm sure I'll pay for it on the scale tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:56 PM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How neat Sandy!

I actually made George Stella's lasagna for dinner tonight - very good! It oddly includes 2 cups chopped celery, but it added a little texture. Instead of 2 lbs. beef I used 1 lb. sausage and 1 lb. ground turkey.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:49 AM   #53

I saw that recipe and I too thought 2 c. of celery was an odd ingredient for lasagna. But it was good? Not overpowering with the celery taste?
Old 08-08-2013, 06:12 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Couldn't taste it at all.
It's really good and makes enough for an army.

My skinny sister (who keeps shopping for me) and her nice husband will be very glad I am sharing this.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I'm back dearest friends!
Our trip to Colorado to visit DH's family was very nice. We picked up one brother and his wife at Denver, then on up to Silverthorne where another brother has a ranch with a HUGE house on it. 3rd brother and wife were already there as well as 4th brother and wife who own the ranch. Family of 4 brothers. No kids invited to this get together and it was really fun and the brothers all had a great time talking about when they were kids, etc. Took ranch owner brother and his wife to town for a nice dinner for their 50th anniversary which is this month. We all had 2 nights and 1 whole day together. DH and I then stayed on an extra day and then took a slow drive home, enjoying the drive. Of course I am still tired, I sure don't know why, I didn't do any of the driving and we certainly didn't over do but any travel makes me tired these days.
Cats are glad we are home and sticking very close to us to make sure we don't run away from home again soon.

Hmmm, that 8/16 plan sounds exactly like mine, I eat for at least 16 hours and don't eat for 8, is that right? Didn't do good at all on our trip, ate whatever I wanted and we know that never is a good idea.

Sounds like you all are busy as usual, with kids, grandkids, pets, parents, friends, etc. Funny how many times while visiting with DH's family that I mentioned things that I had learned, or heard from my "online" friends, you all of course!

Rest of the month filled up with dentist, getting my teeth whitened and hope it works well, follow up with Dr. Very Handsome. My new BP meds are working fine as far as keeping BP in check but I had a lot of trouble with my ankles swelling while on the trip, so will discuss that with Dr. VH.

My dinner club gals are getting together at one of the members homes for a game night, I think it will be the 24th. Food, wine and playing a game of some type, we have so much fun on those nights. Very casual, very fun and on a Sat. night so no one has to get up for work the next day. Some day we might just make it a pajama party and sleep over.

DD#2 just finished the book Fat Chance and has been telling me all about it. Same idea, get the sugar out, out, out of our diets, plus eat more fiber in the form of food fiber. Makes sense of course.

I am excited about an upcoming event. I am sure I have mentioned that I use Obagi skincare and Jane Iredale mineral makeup which I buy from a medspa. I started going to Becky, the owner when she first started her business. She and the two people who work with her are all RN's and they do injections of botox, fillers, lazer, peels, etc. etc. and they sell the Obagi and Jane Iredale. Becky and I have become friends and I like her products and her services so well that I have sent her lots of clients, I think I mentioned recently that I hosted a Jane Iredale event for her with a makeup artist, etc. Well, she is having a grand opening of a new location on the 21st and has asked me to be her "model" that night, she is going to use some filler on me to demonstrate it. What better model than an old lady who has some lines that really can use some filler. And, for doing this and agreeing to before and after pictures, it is at no cost to me. We will see what happens. I trust her because she is totally opposed to using too much filler or the unnatural looks that some people go for.

Good to be back and to read all your posts!

Hugs
Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #56

Buffy, so glad to see you back home and that you had a wonderful time on your trip. It sounds very relaxing and it's so nice when you can get together with family and really have a good time with no added stress. Pretty rare these days!
I figured you were kidding, but just in case, it's eating for 8 and fasting for 16. Not that I'm doing it, lol. But that's Hugh's plan.
How exciting for you getting free fillers! And if you trust her, go for it!! Of course, I hope you share the pics with us.
I talk about my "online" friends all the time. I don't think people get it unless they're lucky enough to also have online friends. Really, we probably all communicate more regularly than with our closest friends when you think about it.
I've got zucchini chips in the oven right now. I sure hope they're good!
Old 08-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy!
Welcome back!

Oh I agree Sandy - I have a lot more time with you friends than my real life friends these days.

I was thinking the same thing- please send pictures. I have one friend in real life who gets a juvederm injection for the marionette lines.... I think she says it lasts around 6-8 months? Not sure. But I've seen ads where there is longer-lasting filler, so I'm watching closely.

What a great trip to Colorado. I think having so much room to yourself in a place you can congregate if you wish is a key to my happiness. I like a little space, but don't want to be TOO far away (Judy is obviously needy).

And don't let Sandy steer you wrong. You had it just right - eat for 16, abstain for 8.

Sandy are your zucchini chips coated with anything? Did you salt them and let them sit, then press water out?

I actually finally bought 2 eggplants yesterday to make Sharon's eggplant chips. I hope I do that this weekend.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #58

Hi ladies..

Oh, Buffy...We want before and after pictures.. How exciting..Welcome back.

Sandy: Let us know about those zuke chips..They looked interesting..It is hard to believe that they would be crunchy, though..???

I was soooo good at the Sirloin Stockade today. I'm the chairperson, so I should be running around, not eating..So, I just made myself a salad..Our speaker was a LCer..
They are everywhere!!!

Sharon: Glad your eye will be better..

LOL..I had a new Quest white chocolate raspberry bar with some tea as my UPS man came while I was gone..I am full..and don't want to eat dinner..We have some leftover
sloppy joe meat, so he will enjoy that..
Old 08-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Yes, Sandy, I was joking. My eating is such a mess right now. Thanks for trying to point me in the right direction

DD was talking about okra last night. Wash, cut into slices, drizzle with olive oil and sea salt and bake until crispy. Sounds delish.

Sandy, did you get the zucchini chip recipe off FB? That's the one I want to try.

I need groceries!

Last edited by Buffy45; 08-08-2013 at 02:47 PM..
Old 08-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah! So glad to see you back Buffy. Sounds like you had a delightful time!
I agree. Talk way more to you on-liners than my other friends.
I got a surprise. Some friends of ours texted me today & invited us out for dinner... they're taking us out for my birthday! So we're going out for Mexican (or as close to it as you can get in Canada ).
Closed Thread