Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 06:07 PM   #241
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi Y'all,
What a beautiful time of year. The weather is gorgeous here. I've been enjoying walking with my new walking partner & also am trying to work into bicycle riding... it usually puts my back out. (something about the angle). But so far, so good.
We've got cows grazing on our acres this week, so Molly's in "border collie heaven" She just perks up & comes alive... has to "clear the road" for me as we walk & ride down the driveway. The cows are even "humoring" her & walking away, as this midget of a dog charges & barks at them!
Hope you're all having success with your WOE & enjoying the summer

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #242
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh Debby what a great description of our little Molly!!!
The only thing missing is pictures .
Old 07-22-2013, 09:24 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I kind of knew somebody would say that! But I'm not too good at riding the bike, let alone taking pictures too... if I can, I will.

Yesterday my DIL was picking my brain about dieting. She's at that point, totally fed up with herself & wants to lose weight. I feel so bad for her. I know that feeling oh so well. She was texting me about foods as she shopped.... buy Crocky I think she's going to do it!
Hope you all have a restful sleep.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:54 AM   #244
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

We've all been there. It's sure hard starting out. So much easier as time passes. Good luck to your DIL. Is she at all interested in an on-line support group like this? It sure keeps things fresh and fun and there's always someone to answer a question.

I made a knock-off cheesecake yesterday. It'll be kindergarten to you all, but I'm kind of surprised how good it is.

When I was growing up my mom would make a mock no-bake cheesecake with lemon pudding and 8 oz. cream cheese in a graham cracker crust (before you could buy the crusts).

So last night I made a nut crust :
1 cup almond flour
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
4 or so drops of EZ Sweetz into the butter
and 6 drops of Graham Cracker Flavored Capella drops

Mix, spread in the bottom of a pie plate
Bake at 350 for 12 minutes
- - - -
1 small package sugar-free lemon Jell-o
16 oz. cream cheese, room temp
1/2 cup sour cream
A few drops EZ Sweetz, and/or vanilla DaVinci
1 tsp. vanilla

Add Jell-o to 1 C boiling water, stir until dissolved
Add cream cheese and mix well, then add sour cream, vanilla, and additional sweetener if desired.
Pour into crust and chill until set

- - -
You all have probably done this a lot or in the past, but HELLO this is very good, super duper simple, and will be my breakfast for awhile!! If there is sugar-free lemon pudding I might try that next time just for the memories. I know there will be more carbs, but spread over a whole pie, maybe not such a big deal....

I thinned out a couple of teaspoons of sugar-free strawberry jam and topped DH's slice with that. I had a smear of it, too - so good. If I didn't do everything on the fly, I'd thaw a few strawberries and make a topping.

If you have an order to netrition anyway, the graham cracker Capella drops are completely worth it. I've got about a dozen of different flavors of those drops I'd never used until last night. I do not care at all for the smell of those things. They are triple-bagged and they live in a very high cabinet with a vast collection of vinegars so they won't contaminate everything else.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #245
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..and Jim,

Judy, that recipe looks wonderful..and I have some sour cream, too..I haven't made this, but it does look simple..Thanks for the headsup on the Capella drops..I have some flavors from the cake shop that are very strong..Glad they worked. Sometimes I use cinnamon to my almond crust and throw in a tad bit of flaxseed meal to pretend it is graham crackers.

Off to exercise..Yesterday, the roads were flooding here, so I just went to Bible Study and took the "high road" home and water was even over the road..We need the rain and are thankful for it.

Meeting a little gal from church for coffee to encourage her to get a job..She is sort of special ed, so it is hard. I am sort of special ed, too, so we make a good pair..LOL.

Alex has his blood appointment this afternoon for his kidney problems..His blood sugar level is perfect..One problem down...

Have a great day...

Old 07-23-2013, 08:04 AM   #246
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Sheets in the washer, laundry sorted to do next, house picked up, hmmm, much more energy than yesterday.

Family that went to Iowa has all returned home, but still have some in Colorado and I don't blame them for staying there as long as possible.

My first grandchild turns 21 today! Amazing how quickly those years have flown by. I am so proud of her, works hard, studies hard, will be a senior next year and hopefully, we will soon find out which optometry school she is accepted at. Then on to more studies and her first time away from home, she has another year to get ready for that. She doesn't live at home but has gone to college where they live. Then, next Tuesday, her brother turns 20. Those were some very busy, crazy years for their parents, my SIL was in grad school, my DD teaching school and 2 babies. I don't know to this day how they did it. They say it is just a blur but they have raised two amazing kids and are both very successful in their careers.

Judy, your cheesecake sounds so good, I love lemon desserts. Chocolate used to be my favorite but these days, especially in the warmer months, lemon is right up there.

Bet Molly is loving her new home, cows to herd, acres to run and play, great life.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hooray for more energy!!

Happy birthday to one of your many successful family members - in this case your DGD turning 21. That does sound amazing how they did so well with their family while also doing well in their careers. I think your DD & SIL may have been very well-raised themsevles!

I can't believe you all haven't said, "oh that cheesecake is so 10 years ago."
I can see these becoming cheesecake muffins for frozen treats.
I wonder if Grant would enjoy this? Sometimes kids are not the most fond of cheesecake - lol !
Old 07-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #248
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here's some pics of Molly in action today.
June2013 Photos by Debbylee22 | Photobucket

Old 07-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Try this link: for the rest...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/e...825.676264738/
Old 07-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I was unsuccessful on those links.
But I can sure see how cute she is in the one picture!
She's going to show that lazy cow who is boss! Lol!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #251
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Debby, that's cute!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:40 PM   #252
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I was unsuccessful on those links.
But I can sure see how cute she is in the one picture!
She's going to show that lazy cow who is boss! Lol!
Sorry about that, Judy. I made them public, but for some reason...
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Debby, that's cute!
Yes, she sure is cute when she sees them... comes alive! I am calling her away from getting too close to their back legs... she likes to bite back legs... THEY like to kick!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:58 AM   #253

Hi gals..and Jim,

Alex had a good vet report yesterday..Kidneys are hanging in there and his blood sugar was normal..PTL...I didn't go into great detail on the TR protocol, but the vet was happy he was off the juice.

Molly is adorable..Isn't it marvelous how she is not afraid of that huge cow? This is my job, now get up, Miss Cow..

More rain last night..Happy..happy..

How exciting for your gdd.. It is so rewarding when kids turn out to be responsible, hardworking citizens.. Buffy..Yeah!!

I was 143 today..That is my "weight" for now, that is, until my HotPants arrive, then anything goes..LOL..

Off to exercise..Check in later..
Old 07-24-2013, 06:32 AM   #254

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I need to check out these hot pants Carolyn, lol.
Please share some of that rain. It just dies out before it reaches us. No matter which way it's coming from!

Amazing how a dog's inborn instincts take over, isn't it?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #255

I can't wait to get my hotpants, ladies and Jim...They are capris..I definitely will wear shorts over them when I exercise..and get my coffee..

Wish we could send up the rain..We got another inch last night. People around here actually keep track..LOL..

Got some blueberries and going to make a blueberry coffee cake for next week's meeting. The blueberries were on sale, so I had better use them up. Will find a good recipe...
Old 07-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #256
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here Judy, try this link... It should work.

Molly 13 Photos by Debbylee22 | Photobucket
Old 07-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #257

Debby: What a beautiful place! You have spectacular views, and Molly is one lucky puppy dog..

I wrote my little reading partner the other day and she wrote me back. She gave me her phone number and called to visit her..Her mom only speaks Spanish and we finally figured out that Scarlet would be back later, so I will call..Honestly, she is the sweetest little gal and I hope to take her to lunch after I meet her mom and reassure her that 6th grade isn't the scariest place in the world..So sweet...She has lots of potential as she got Student of the Month at the end of the year.. Wish I took Spanish instead of French, not that I could speak that.

Akk...what would you make with tacos, ladies? Our pastor encouraged old time members to invite new peeps to eat at their home after church on Sunday..We have invited some "younger" folks to go along with Brett, but Tacos and all the stuff...What would make a good side dish? or two? I was thinking refried beans??? And JUDY,
was that dessert (lemon cheesecake) really great? I could double it, I suppose..
Thanks, smart peeps..

Exercised...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #258
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Slept good, having trouble getting my motor revved up today though.

MK, big article in our paper yesterday about paleo dirt and it helping IBS

Office work today, then off to Austin tomorrow to see Ollie and family, then hair cut and colored sat before returning home.

BBL
Old 07-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

90 mph winds two nights ago. No power at our house. One of our big sweet gums ended up in the neighbor's driveway. DH and several neighbors spent hours cutting it and moving it to be picked up by the city.

Stayed at my mother's house last night in blissful air conditioning. We were drinking coffee and talking this morning when she excused herself to go throw up!

Shortened version: she's back in the hospital with pancreatitis, round 3.

We are now working from her home - trying to catch up due to nothing happening yesterday... my sister is with my mom and she'll eventually be OK, poor thing.

Carolyn I love your new reading partner relationship.

Yes I loved that cheesecake and it does not need doubling, in my opinion. Would easily serve 8, but I would add that nut crust.

I also like better Carolyn's voice of Molly "I have a new job, now get up Miss Cow."
So cute.

Will check in later!
Old 07-25-2013, 12:34 PM   #260
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Judy, sorry about your Mom, hope she is better soon.

Yes, Carolyn, kudos on your new reading partner.

That tree sounds like it would be hours and hours of work. Were you able to salvage any firewood out of it, for you or someone else? I don't know if those trees make good firewood or not.

DD#3 came over to return a couple of things and of course I had a few things to give to her. We had a nice visit, she is on vacation and soooo nice for her to be able to be home a few days and just relax, her job is so high stress and usually her time off it spent running or traveling. Wish she could just work part time.

Spent most of my younger years around cows and other livestock, people don't always realize how dangerous they can be. My earliest memories include seeing my dad running across a feed lot and diving over a fence to escape a bull which was chasing him. They can really be mean.
Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 PM   #261

Hi gals..

Going to make my favorite LC deep dish pizza tonight..

Scarlet is my last year's reading partner (5th grade). We just hit it off..I'm sure her mom is an illegal alien, but has had children born here so she can stay. I guess the "dad" is back in Mexico..??? Scarlet went through her First Communion this year, so that was a big deal, too..I'm going over there at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning to meet
her mom and brother.

Yes, cows are big and they can kill you..My friend's dad was killed by a cow/bull that he was trying to get into a fenced in place at the vets..One bump in the chest can do it for you..

Judy: Praying for your mom..Not good throwing up. Her meal plan must be pretty bleak..I am not sure how many people are coming on Sunday, so I might make a 9 x 13 one and have leftovers..I'm excited about making it..

Anyone like Project Runway? It is on tonight..2nd episode..
Old 07-25-2013, 02:05 PM   #262

Spanish rice is always good with tacos too, Carolyn. Unless you're trying to stay more low carb?
Your reading partner sounds great! I think that's so cool that you're going to meet her mom. I'm sure she'll really appreciate that too.

Judy, my niece and my sister had damage from that storm down there the other night too. A tree limb went right through my niece's living room window! And she's the one with the new baby! And it blew a flag pole over onto my sister's husband's truck. They have a lawn care business down there so I'm sure it was a business truck. I think it was drivable, but just a pain to deal with.

Good thing Molly is quick! She'll get those cows in line for sure.

Buffy, I wish my DD had more time too. She works so hard and hardly has any time for just herself. But she does love her job so that's good.

I went to see my BFF's latest grandbaby today. She's absolutely adorable!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #263
Big Yapper!!!!

Same with this DD Sandy, works such a high stress job, no down time from the time she arrives until she gets home, then family, helping her DH with his business, always something. And, to top it off, her DH doesn't understand how she can get so tired working in an office all day, arrggghhhhh Needless to say, he has never had that type of job. She has worked so hard and done very well but this latest promotion, that she has been up for, has been laying on the top guys desk for 2 months, he is the only one that needs to sign off on it. She passes all the qualifications, nobody questions that, he has just decided that maybe they are a little top heavy and so he might hold off on her. I feel so bad for her, the others, doing the same job, same level, same everything already were approved as theirs come up, now this!
Old 07-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #264

How discouraging for her Buffy. And frustrating! I don't think people who've never worked in an office realize how exhausted you can get. My DH never understood it either, until he had to spend many months in working in the office. Then when he'd come home exhausted, he finally understood. I'm not sure my DD's DH gets that yet, as he hasn't had the "office experience" yet. My DH said he'd much rather be out in the field working than in the office. He said that office work just wore him out, lol.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #265
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Office work is soul-killing.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #266

Yes, office work is mentally exhausting..Hoping the best for your dd, Buffy.

Yes, might do a Spanish rice..I thought of that, too..Thanks, Sandy.

The other day I made some Jamoca Fudge Ice Cream from Carolyn. Oh, my, it is good and the best thing is that Gary doesn't like coffee ice cream OR cat food, so Alex and I are safe.

Two 16 year old boys drowned the other day while swimming in the river near the dam. They were sucked under the current..One was airlifted to Wichita and died today, and they found the other body this afternoon..Teens think they are invincible.. So terribly tragic..

Not much going on..Gary is going to houseclean for me tomorrow while I cook. I told him that the whole day was mine so don't plan anything..LOLOL..We might go to the Farmer's Market and get some nice tomatoes, then breakfast at McDonald's or vice versa..Then I will go to WalMart by myself..as he hates to go there..Any dh's hate to
go grocery shopping???? besides mine?
Old 07-26-2013, 09:25 PM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow you sure are organized. You'll enjoy your company lots more having all that done ahead. My dh only shops with me on our trips... when we're looking for dinner. Good thing, he doesn't... wants to buy all the pastries.

Hope your dinner goes well. Chips & guacamole, or corn on the cob, or taco or fajita salad... so many possibilities! Enjoy!
Oh, I made those eggplant chips today. Ate them all... LOL
Old 07-27-2013, 09:41 AM   #268

Hi ladies and Jim

I bought an eggplant this am. Might have to try those chips. Making
The lemon cheesecake in a 9x13 so I am doubling it.

Great day here!!!! 70's. The perfect day!!! Have a good one.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:20 PM   #269
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi friends,

My mom is still in the hospital but is now able to eat clear foods (broth, Jell-o).
She feels quite well.
My sister is with her as I am now home and trying to make up for 3 days unworked.
Ugh.

It is a beautiful day here too, Carolyn.

Eggplant is absolutely on my list.
Hope I didn't over-sell that cheesecake.

Hope all of you are well.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #270
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hi everyone. Tomorrow I'm making kale chips for our camping trip. We're leaving Monday and will be without wifi until we get back. No computer for a whole week! Yikes!! I'm taking my Kindle to be able to read some.

If I don't get back in here best wishes to you all. See you in a week.
Closed Thread