Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #151
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I spoke to a college friend today (my "little sister" from my sorority house) and she was the one who was urging me (based on my pitiful presentation to her ) to get more hormones.
What sorority??

(notice that since I had no clue about the hormone thing - I've been on a Climara patch for years that I had to find something to comment on! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Nobody has home security like DD#2, little Bobby has taken over her home office and set it up as his security center. DD can only enter and ask to use her office IF she puts on a security badge.

He has so little time and so many characters to play.....
This is adorable!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2013, 07:20 PM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Kids have such imaginations... We get to have our 4 grandkids this week-end. It will be a big training time for Molly. She hasn't learned not to jump on people yet & they are my "hoity-toity" grand-kids... hope she does well with it, Shelby did not.

Had a good day, nice long walk around the property. Then our first load of firewood was delivered. Now dh will have some "work" to do, stacking it. I don't think I'll be able to help this year, as I have tendonitis in my wrist.

Tomorrow will be my blood-test, Molly's shots, & shopping. Have been busy stocking my precooked foods.

Good night

Old 07-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh - I can't wait for "hoity toity" grand kids! HA HA!

Our DS & his wife are already secretly nicknamed the 5-star family.
Just wait till they have their little princess...
Old 07-12-2013, 07:05 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Lol, my Bobby and Ava live the 5 star family life too, travel all the times, stay in the best hotels, go to private school but one of their favorite things to do is to come to Mema and PApas to spent the night and dig out all our old toys to play with. Hope they never grow out of that
Old 07-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #155
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

I love Bobby's security business...Fun, fun..

Getting ready for Kansas City..tomorrow..I think we will have barbecue tomorrow night and then Beth made brunch reservations at The Webster House..(this might be a hoity, toity place).

Yes, kids nowadays sometimes can live fancy lives, but they want simple things, like toys and grandma/grandpa..

Judy, absolutely blood tests are the way to go to see what your levels are..and if you need "help"..

My cat sitter is going to be trained this afternoon..This is the first time we have left Alex for more than one day since March. I will have his food in the fridge and she has to put it on the floor..It is harder when you have "wet" food as you can't leave it out forever..

Old 07-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #156
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So Alex isn't standing by waiting for his next meal, drumming his paws, tapping his paws?
You have really healed him. So nice to have your friend for a longer time and healthier.

Thanks for agreeing about the blood tests. I'll call her next week and ask her to order the tests that would show whether the hormones I'm using are enough.

Have fun in KC!
We are going to the lake.
Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #157

Hi,

My Amy friend came over to learn about Alex's food machine..They are leaving for Branson, so I will do litter box duty at her house Mon-Thursday..She has two gorgeous kitties..

Tonight we are going to a Christian Rock concert at the park..It is the Extreme Tour and they go from town to town, singing, etc..Hopefully, lots of kids will show up..I am bringing earplugs and a chair.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #158

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Have fun up here in KC!! No luck on Buddy tickets yet? Glad Alex is doing so well.

Bobby, Security Guard sounds so cute! He'll probably be an Oscar winning movie star some day in the future!

Fun times this weekend with a BBQ to celebrate DGD24 and DSIL's birthdays. He wanted her to be born on his bday so badly but she arrived just a few hours too early, 24 years ago. I have a great-niece due any minute who has decided to be stubborn and arrive on her own schedule.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #159
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
On our way to Florida tomorrow!
Old 07-13-2013, 05:09 AM   #160

Have a wonderful time. We'll be missing you. And I hope you feel good the whole trip.
Old 07-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have a great trip MK! And I miss you already!
Old 07-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Have fun sweetie!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #163
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Hi everybody still hanging in up 6 but doing ok otherwise still looking for a new house tomorrow might be our lucky day.

New job going ok so far.

Hope everybody is having a great summer!

Ciao.....Jim
Old 07-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #164
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ah Jim, I missed this while I was gone I guess. You got a new job? Where are you now?
Hope you find a great house!
Busy day today. Grand-kiddo's are with us for the week-end. Molly's learning quickly not to jump on them. Pretty encouraged about that.
I baked a turkey today. Handy to feed everyone, but so much work de-boning it for freezing when there's so much going on. Oh well, its done now.
Old 07-14-2013, 05:56 AM   #165

Hi

We saw 20 Feet from Stardom. Excellent movie if you like 60's music.

Have fun in Florida.

Check in later.
Old 07-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Turkey is such a delicious way to feed lots of people.
Yes - a lot of work to separate the meat from the bones...

Carolyn thanks for the heads up on a movie with good 60s music!

Will leave the lake later today.
Tomorrow morning I'll take my mother for her endoscopy.
So I might be MIA most of tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #167
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Take care Judy. Wish your Mom well.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:16 AM   #168

Hi everyone..

Good luck househunting, Jim... Glad your new job is going well.

Back at home..Great weekend with the kids..Brett enjoyed it, too, seeing his brotherinlaw and sister. Food was wonderful..Oklahoma Joe's..and The Webster House for brunch. Way too many carbs, I am at 145, but back on track today.

Judy: I am sure your mom will do great the the endo..It is the easier test ever..No giant prep..Hope they find out the information they need.

Debby: I have a turkey taking up lots of space in my freezer..I do need to get that baby out and bake it.

Will exercise later this a.m...Have to go get coffee, then off to Bible Study..

See you all later..
Old 07-15-2013, 08:01 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn - so glad you had such a nice visit with your kiddos.
Fills up my heart just hearing about it.
Carbs - oh well. As you say, you are back on track and it does not look like much damage was done.

My mother handed her own prep instructions to me along with my driving instructions.
Neither of us noticed that (driver's instructions were two pages long!), and she failed to stop taking her blood thinner, so the endoscopy has been postponed.

On the up-side, the medication she stopped taking for arthritis pain has resulted in her stomach pain vanishing. Still awaiting the results of her MRI.

My SS (skinny sister) wants to watch the Slow Burn DVD with me (she has borrowed my Slow Burn book). I might have to tear the plastic on that thing!

Working.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 07-15-2013, 08:59 AM   #170

I had a whirlwind weekend here. Busy busy and boy my house sure showed it this a.m.
I did get up and do my tabata workout first thing though so I'm proud of myself for that. I overindulged this weekend too and the scale is proof of that. Then I had to vacuum again. My dog is blowing here coat so badly! It looks like she's either coming or going all over the house. Little white puff balls everywhere.

Glad you had a good trip Carolyn. Sounds like lots of fun and good eats. I'm sure you'll drop that in no time.

Judy, sorry your mom's tests were canceled. Is there a chance they won't even do them now since the pain has gone away?

Jim, I hope never to move again. What a chore!!! Good luck on finding a perfect place.

I hope MK is enjoying her vacation and is feeling good.

Hello to Buffy, Sharon, Cindy, Debby and anybody else my poor old mind can't remember at the moment.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #171

Hi,

Judy: My minlaw could not take any arthritis meds cuz her tummy was so upset. So, she just took tylenol in large quantities..

Next trip to KCity, we are going to go to the Kansas City Museum on the top of the hill..
Have you KCity kitties been there?

Then the kids ordered a meat bundle at The Local Pig in the bottoms..Beth said the meat was great..

I'm cooking a Boston butt for a pulled pork recipe. Dh is planning another "meal" for the group he is in charge of at church, but this time he is having people bring stuff.
We will provide the meat and I suggested doing pulled pork, then peeps could make
sandwiches, etc.. I told him we could cook the pork over the next few weeks and freeze the meat, then add the barbecue and reheat..What would he do without me? LOL.

Hi to all my dear friends..
Old 07-15-2013, 11:24 AM   #172
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi gang,
Another weekend has flown by. Saw a couple of movies, 1 on Friday and 1 yesterday. The Heat, not the greatest movie but very funny parts and The Internship, slow start but then very good.
It started raining here yesterday morning, a cool front came through and we are supposed to have rain off and on for 4 days! What an event for mid-July in TX!!! Awesome. Nice gentle rain too, I swear, the trees, grass and plants are smiling!
It did make the highways slick though, been so long without rain that the oil build up, combined with water produced some slick spots.

Carolyn, sounds like a great, fun weekend in KC. I think you might be experiencing what most do on metformin. At first you easily lose some weight, then the weight loss stops and you just settle in but it is such a good drug to control blood sugar for anyone who is insulin resistant or diabetic. I'll be 145 would be a great weight for you with your age, your level of exercise, etc.

I'm afraid my house gets vacuumed every 2 weeks whether it needs it or not Of course it needs it more and if someone is coming I might give it a swift runover but when it is just DH, the cats and I, it is good enough. I am soooo much more relaxed about housework as I get older. You can't see the dust nearly as well, we don't have people in and out like we used to and it is what it is. I do like things picked up and put in their place though, so it looks clean, well, sort of.

Grant is on his way over, he wanted to come Friday but I was busy, so told him to come today and I just talked to him and told him to bring stuff to stay the night if he wanted, he quickly agreed! Wed. they leave to go to my ex's farm in Iowa for a nice visit, love that he still lives on the farm where the kids were born.

DS and DDIL visited with the neurologist today about Ollie's seizures. They have decided to wait on medication until they can run a few more tests, will put him in hospital for 24 hours so they can monitor and test some more. Dr. said it was a mild condition so not to worry too much and hopefully he will grow out of it.

Oldest DGD is applying to Optometry schools, she will go after this next, last year of college. So proud of her and how hard she has worked for this.

Judy, glad to hear you determined what was causing the pain you dear Mom has been suffering, and yes, does she still need the test? Tearing the plastic off that DVD, wow, think of the burnnnnnnn.

Have nail appt. this afternoon and then have to go talk to pharmacist. Dr. Very Handsome prescribed a med that is generic, but I find out that it is not on the $4 list in the strength he prescribed, so need to have pharmacy instruct him on how to write it to keep it in that category. Whew, tried to do it over the phone but didn't get far.

Well, off to shower and get dressed, here it is after noon and I am still in my jammies. Slow, steady rain sure makes a person enjoy sleeping it

Last edited by Buffy45; 07-15-2013 at 11:27 AM..
Old 07-15-2013, 11:25 AM   #173
Big Yapper!!!!

Pssst Carolyn, if you wanted to buy the pulled pork, Costco has some that is excellent and comes in 2 lb cartons, already done, you just heat and serve. Priced good too.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:26 AM   #174
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, and served on those Hawaiian buns, yummo
Old 07-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Oh, and served on those Hawaiian buns, yummo
Wagging my finger......

I kind of hope they still want to do the endoscopy just to have a look. The actual reason was to determine if she had anything going on in there causing the pancreatitis. They re-scheduled for about a month from now.
At least she's not in pain while she's waiting.
She's lost 10 pounds since her last hospital visit.
And she's happy about it. LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 06:18 PM   #176
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Pssst Carolyn, if you wanted to buy the pulled pork, Costco has some that is excellent and comes in 2 lb cartons, already done, you just heat and serve. Priced good too.
Really??! Will have to check that out!

Carolyn, I have been to the museum but it has been years....and years!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:22 PM   #177

Quote:
That is what my daughter said when we were there.. Just buy "this," Mom..but we have to serve 50 peeps..I thought cooking a bunch of Boston Butts would be cheaper..We will see..

Wow..good for your oldest Granddaughter...Best of luck applying to those schools..I'm sure she will get in the one of her choice.

Nice weather...Love the cool weather..Love it.

Tomorrow is exercise day..If I don't do it first thing in the a.m., I don't go as I find other things to do..Not good.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #178
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope your mom gets better fast Judy. Glad the pain stopped.

I know what you mean Carolyn, if my exercise schedule gets put off, its so hard to get to it. Have had a challenge since we left on our long trip... dh always wants to "walk" at the wrong time. I'm starting to get back to my 4 pm walk, but it keeps getting bumped up to 3 pm or earlier.

I had the kiddo's with me all day. They went to work with me, & then town... all 4 of them We all did well, now they're at a lake with dh. Plus found out they will sleep over again tonight, or get picked up really late... marathon kiddo's sleep-over

I went to the Dr today. My TSH was perfect... according to the Dr. (0.36). Ha! I cut back for 3 days so it wouldn't be alarming to him. I feel much better at .06 Didn't feel quite as good that day either.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #179
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning all.

Another day of off and on gentle showers Cooler temps. Then on Thurs. back to regular programming for Texas in July. Loving it.

Grant and I are off to a movie this afternoon. He spent the night and we had 4 games of checkers last night and a movie here at home.

I have been limiting my carbs to one meal a day, trying that approach as I can't seem to get and stay at LC 24/7. Will see how that goes for a while. Has already flushed some of the puffiness out.

Little Bobby went on a bike ride with his parent's in Aspen yesterday, 8 1/2 miles!! That is a lot of pedaling on those small wheels and those little legs. He was so proud!!! Ava got to ride in the carrier
Old 07-16-2013, 12:40 PM   #180
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby and Buffy you two will probably lose too much weight chasing those darlings around!! How fun for you both.

My mother's MRI results showed something the doctor had alluded to. He had a patient a few years ago who kept having pancreatitis. There is some odd condition where some people have a pancreas with an extra duct (or something - I'm pretty sure I'm going to get most of this wrong).
The MRI showed my mother had this odd "extra duct" condition.

Still haven't met with the doc to see if there's anything to be done about it.
Interesting!!

Buffy if you've already lost some puffiness it's obviously doing some good to limit carbs to once/day. I remember doing that many years ago. Go slow whatever you do - you've had quite a year, friend.

We're having that sweet weather, too.
Closed Thread