Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Eat Fat, Get Thin (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/)
-   -   ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Hey June, Don't Make Us Fat! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/eat-fat-get-thin/805169-hey-june-dont-make-us-fat.html)

TuscanGirl 05-31-2013 09:06 PM

♪ ♫ ♩ ♬ Hey June, Don't Make Us Fat! ♪ ♫ ♩ ♬

Welcome to June!

I hope the notes worked in the title!

We're under a tornado warning - so see you all tomorrow!

:hiya:

JMCM1 05-31-2013 09:31 PM

Mary Kay you are a genius.

Another tornado-ey night for so many of us in this thread, I think.
Glued to the weather channel but it really makes me miss our local weather people.

We started back home too late so are in a hotel in Salina. Brat pug loves my new way of eating as there is nearly always a little meat for her after she waits patiently for us to finish our meal.

Looking quite forward to getting home and engaging in forum banter. :)

sjl330 06-01-2013 04:30 AM

Thanks MK! It's perfect.

Stayed within my window this month. For the overall monthly average I was up .6 of a pound.

CarolynF 06-01-2013 04:41 AM

Good morning everyone.

Yes we were watching tornado tv last night. Just some rain today.

I love our musical name.

Safe travels, Judy. Brett used to live in Salina, so I know where you are. There is an IHOP there. Lol

Weight was 142 so I am happy that I am within my window.

Dh is retiring next week. He was 66 in November , so it was time. Now to figure out insurance for me for 18 months. This will be a big adjustment for him. I know he will miss work, so hopefully he can find something to do.

CindyCRNA 06-01-2013 07:35 AM

Staying the same for me! Yeah! Love the musical notes!! This is the first time I have named a thread here!!

TuscanGirl 06-01-2013 08:53 AM

Hi!

We survived the storm but there are many without power and lots of trees down!

Glad you all like the title notes! :D

i stayed in my "maintenance" window too. I was 124 last year at this time and 123.4 this year! I guess a downward trend is good, right! :D

Carolyn - i told my DH that he can't retire until he gets a hobby! :rolleyes:

Judy - safe travels!

Hi Cindy & Sandy! :hiya:

CarolynF 06-01-2013 09:02 AM

Cindy: You did a great job...We are counting on your young brain to help us out more..LOL.

Nice bacony/sausage/egg breakfast this morning with dh and ds. Ds and his buddy go
garage saleing Saturday mornings..Cheap entertainment..LOL..

Dh doesn't have a hobby except reading. He might have to start mowing our lawn again. The guy who mows it for us needs the money, but he might be happy to give it up as it is hilly..but he does a great job...Really..

MK: You are doing so wonderful on your maintenance...Incredible..

Beautiful day here..Weather is weird..

JMCM1 06-01-2013 05:11 PM

Home again home again....
Glad to be here, but wish we'd had someone mow our lawn while we were gone.
WOWEE it is thriving...

Mountains (yuk yuk) of laundry. Brought back some food I made in Colorado so I'm not scrambling for dinner - some delicious hamburger patties and Cheri's Southwest Taco Soup. I travel with a lot of food... :rofl:

Mary Kay after the dessert you described, I think you should do cartwheels regarding your current downward weight trend.
Really.
Do a cartwheel.
Because I have never done a cartwheel in my life. :laugh:
Plus you look fantastic.

Weather is weird. The humidity is quite apparent...

Wonder how Debby is doing on her trip? Wonder how Molly is doing with her foster parents? :)

Carolyn it sounds like Gary has traveled so much and so often - will you two travel more when he is retired? Or do you want to?

Sandy congrats on your maintenance - also Carolyn - also MK - also Cindy - also Debby - also Buffy for getting better. I'm going to avoid the scale for a couple of days. I was not ever badly off-track, but sitting in a car doesn't usually look well on me... :annoyed:

:laugh:

Sharon if you're out there - Hello! :)

Shalbrihil 06-01-2013 05:48 PM

I'm here, Judy. :hiya:

I've been here in spirit. Just not doing well in everything else.

MK love the music notes. You're awesome in your maintaining.

I've been keeping track of Debby's travels. See's in Washington State now.

Have a great month. It's been nice here in Calif. In the 80's today.

CarolynF 06-01-2013 07:05 PM

Hi,

Welcome back to the Midwest, Judy..Yes, Gary and I love to travel, but haven't gotten any plans for the summer. I have some volunteer jobs that I have to do, so we might have to work around "my" schedule for a change..LOL.

Hi Sharon...Nice to see you..

Who can do a cartwheel? I can do a somersault..Or used to be able to do one.

DebbyL 06-01-2013 08:13 PM

Hi, :)

Rode from Spokane to here New Meadows Idaho. We are both tuckered right out... got up a 5:45 am, after staying up to 11 pm last night... Walked to restaurant & had southern BBQ ribs (yummy)! :yummy: And then took our half hour walk around town.

We've been having a good time, with limited time online... so I've been missing you all.

Doing good with eating, but going hungry more often than not. But that's how it goes when I travel.

Hope you're all doing great! Stay safe! :heart:

JMCM1 06-01-2013 09:32 PM

Hi Debby - I hope you find a few more things to eat. I imagine it would be difficult anyway, but on a motorcycle... for sure.

So glad you two are having a good time! :)

CarolynF 06-02-2013 04:14 AM

Good morning.

Debby, ribs sound wonderful. Gosh, it is hard to imagine being hungry on vacation. But if you can't eat many things it would be hard.

Did you all get a chance to read the post that I added on Barry's death?? They still don't know why he died. Don't know if they are "looking" or not or how that all works overseas.

Well, Alex is doing great!!! Now that I don't have to test him so much , he is now sleeping downstairs with the door shut. He has his bathroom, his food, the tv, the Wii, and lots if comfy furniture as well as cat furniture. He is adjusting well. And I am sleeping longer.

Take care. Check in later. We have another lunch at church today. A repeat performance with Gary as the "cook". :) I did get the groceries though and he can do the rest.

Shalbrihil 06-02-2013 06:38 AM

Good morning ladies and Jim. Starting a new month and watching what I put in my mouth will be my moto. Had my 8 oz glass of coconut milk (unsweetened) with a couple of Tbs of coconut oil. The pills are down and ready for the day.

Carolyn it looks like Alex has his own private room with all the fixin's. He's such a trouper and so glad he is feeling better now so you can get a better rest.

Judy I bet you are glad to be home. What a lovely vacation you had.

Debby are you having salads with your meats? Eating out is a challenge. Safe travels

MK I'm wondering how you got those notes into the title thread?? :)

Buffy are you home yet?

Well not sure what's happening today. It's too soon to tell. I just plan on going with the flow.

TuscanGirl 06-02-2013 10:23 AM

Hi!

Thanks for the kudos - My weight last month was 124, so at least I'm going in the right direction - though I should really be at 120. Anything more than that and I'm just coasting . . . .

Sharon - I just copied and pasted them into the title! I may have to move to CA! We haven't had sun in such a long time! And one more day of rain may put me over the edge . . . .

Carolyn - I'm so glad everyone is sleeping better!! And what a great job you did with Alex!! :high5:

Debby - I understand about not eating much on vacation. I'm pretty limited too, and usually I just go hungry. Meat seems to be my "go-to" since it's hard to mess with it ~ except for the places that put butter on their steaks . . . .

Judy - sooooooo glad you're back! :D
I USED to be able to do a cartwheel . . . . now I'm afraid I'd break something!! :laugh:

I'm cleaning the kitchen today and tonight going to see the new Star Trek movie with DH and DS20. I drove around looking at some of the devastation from the high winds ~ wow! And a tornado didn't touch down, but still . . . . :eek:

JMCM1 06-02-2013 05:24 PM

Carolyn what did Gary cook? :)
I love your Alex report and being able to sleep more. You were/are so dedicated.
But I think sleep is such a blessing.

Sharon, what a nice check-in!! I hope your day goes well - it sure started out well!

MK we will need a review of the new Star Trek movie please! Feel free to quote directly from DS20! :lol:

DD 5-1/2 months pregnant requested a couple of casseroles to get her through the week. DID I TELL YOU HER DOCTOR TOLD HER TO EAT LOW CARB??? She's not extremely strict, which is fine, but she's started retaining water and was already on blood pressure medication, but whoda thunk it??

So I'm going to make her and DDIL 5 months pregnant chicken casseroles with broccoli and cauliflower instead of noodles.
Probably throw in some snow peas and artichoke hearts.

Just campaigning to be their favorite, that's all. :laugh:

sjl330 06-02-2013 05:37 PM

You would certainly be MY favorite Judy!! Sounds yummy.

We worked in the yard all day yesterday planting some new roses and bushes and mulching everything. Today we've just been lazy after church.

We were going to see After Earth but read terrible reviews on it so..... I sure wish some good movies would come out. We saw Star Trek and I actually liked it more than Ironman 3. I was pleasantly surprised and I'm not a trekkie at all.

I'm so glad Alex is doing so much better Carolyn!! WTG Kitteh Nurse!

I hope we can all make it through this week without any severe weather!

Buffy45 06-02-2013 06:04 PM

Lots of great posts! I am home, made it to Bobby's birthday party but wowzers, I am tired!! Will take me 2-4 days to recover if it is like usual. Where did my energy go!

More later to respond to all your news!

TuscanGirl 06-02-2013 07:20 PM

Hi!

DS20's ear hurts so he stayed home - but DH and I really liked it! There's even a Tribble in it! :D

CarolynF 06-03-2013 05:35 AM

Hi

Go, Sharon!!!

Gary cooked the same meal as last time, but with fewer leftovers. I threw away the extra bread as no one wanted it. It is so much easier to throw away bad carbs.

Sorry about ds's ears. Ear infection?

Going to exercise, chiro, set up for VBS tonight. Lots of Swiss cheese left so I'll make a quiche.

Yes, Alex is adjusting to his new bedroom. He is a momma's boy cuz I have started taking my shower downstairs he won't go upstairs until I do. LoL. He is doing great. Still a normal blood sugar!!!

Have a great day!!

CindyCRNA 06-03-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16452412)
Hi

Go, Sharon!!!

Gary cooked the same meal as last time, but with fewer leftovers. I threw away the extra bread as no one wanted it. It is so much easier to throw away bad carbs.

Going to exercise, chiro, set up for VBS tonight. Lots of Swiss cheese left so I'll make a quiche.

Yes, Alex is adjusting to his new bedroom. He is a momma's boy cuz I have started taking my shower downstairs he won't go upstairs until I do. LoL. He is doing great. Still a normal blood sugar!!!

Have a great day!!

Was Alexs keeping you up at night? The older Rose got, the better we slept as she slept like a log. When she was younger, she would jump on our feet in the middle of the night because she saw them move!:love:

DebbyL 06-03-2013 06:17 AM

Hi :newbie:
We're having a good ride, enjoyed the beautiful scenery of Idaho yesterday. Continuing on South today.

Yes, I try for salads & meats. Not always able to find them though. A little extra room around the waist is just fine though. ;)

Hope you are all safe & well! :hugs:

Shalbrihil 06-03-2013 09:01 AM

Woke up to overcast this morning. That's ok as our temp should rise when all this stuff lifts. Dh fixed our breakfast of fried eggs with sausage. It was good but still need to get some coconut oil in my drink and the cod liver pill down. Sometimes I think it would just be easier to just cut back and not worry about all the extra stuff. :D At this late in life I think I've passed the stage where all this would make a difference anyway. :dunno:

MK good ole copy paste. What would we do without that little computer feature. I should have known. :hyst: I've saved my fingers many times by using the clipboard.

Julie when you mention casseroles a light bulb goes on. I need something different for dinners. Going to have to try to do more one dish meals for a change. Buffalo burger is defrosting for tonight. Yummm what can I do with that? Meat sauce I think.

I made up some Ranch dressing from Maria Emmerich's recipe. Boy is that one ever good. I like to use it for dip too. There's no milk in this one.:heart:

Well I think I'll browse through the LCF cookbooks. :up:

JMCM1 06-03-2013 09:46 AM

Sharon great idea - getting some good recipes.

I found some low-carb wraps at Wal-Mart that actually feel good and taste good. I don't use them very often because they contain wheat, but yesterday I used one for a burger wrap. It's only 80 calories and 5 net carbs, called Buena Vida found in the refrigerated area by the Mexican cheeses. I usually hate low-carb wraps - they are like cardboard to me.

Anyhoozle, I crumbled up my burger into smaller chunks, and lined the wrap with mayo, mustard, lc ketchup, sweet pickles (artificially sweetened - Mt. Olive makes a SF brand and so does Vlasic now!) dill pickles and a very few carmelized onions.
OH MY it was memorably good.

If it weren't for this group and these boards I don't know that I would have remained interested in this way of eating. It certainly takes diligence and it's NOT the easy road - nearly everything in the grocery store does not work for us unless we spend some time cooking - but I have found delicious things, thank goodness.

I started making a small list of "go to" items. My "go to" bread/buns contains lupin flour and you might not be interested in that. There are lots of voodoo items I tried that I really like, but I totally understand it's not for everyone.

Have you tried the one-minute lasagna from (on lcf) cheochatra?
Let me know if you want me to post that. I could eat it twice/week.

Let me know if you have a taste for something. I might have something I like - do you have food allergies?

I like making my dressings, but while we were gone, we tried dressings by "Marie's". They contain soybean oil, but for every now and then, WOW they are good - and only 1 or 2 carbs/serving. So there's your big salad. Do you all grill much? Great meat topping for those salads.

I'm getting too far into this, aren't I? :rofl:

TuscanGirl 06-03-2013 12:05 PM

Hi!

I've been to the gym, Target and Kroger.
I've walked the dog and eaten lunch.

Now I can't think of anything else to do . . . I MIGHT have to actually clean the kitchen!

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolynF (Post 16452412)

Outer ear infection!
Poor baby!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shalbrihil (Post 16452796)

I made up some Ranch dressing from Maria Emmerich's recipe. Boy is that one ever good. I like to use it for dip too. There's no milk in this one.:heart:

Well I think I'll browse through the LCF cookbooks. :up:

Ranch without dairy? Please share!!

Judy - Yes, you're getting a little excited! :laugh:
I can't eat dairy, so any great recipes that are dairy free - I'd love them!

JMCM1 06-03-2013 12:22 PM

Well Mary Kay as usual, I'll deliver!

:laugh:

sjl330 06-03-2013 01:45 PM

I've been to the vet, Lowe's to look for flowers, my dad's to take him rose bushes, home again, back out to a local nursery for more plants, planted and mulched all of them, got a hair cut and did 2 loads of laundry. I guess I need to stay inside/home and clean now too. Yuck! I think I'm finally done planting and mulching though. For this year anyway.

Chorizo fundido and avocados for dinner.

TuscanGirl 06-03-2013 08:26 PM

I made the Enchilada Casserole from a recipe I had from early Atkins . . . might have been one from Linda Sue . . . . I used dairy free cream cheese and shredded cheddar - it was really good! :D :yummy:

JMCM1 06-03-2013 09:41 PM

That sounds interesting, MK!

I should probably keep a lookout for the dairy free cream cheese & cheddar. My kids are lactose intolerant, but can eat dairy occasionally.

Shalbrihil 06-03-2013 09:59 PM

MK this Ranch dressing starts out with 8 oz cream cheese
add about a 1/2 cup beef broth from carton
1/2 teaspoon each of dried parsley, dill weed, dried chives, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic, and onion powder, salt and pepper to taste.

I cube the cream cheese and put it into a quart jar then add all the rest then use the stick blender. You may need to adjust the broth for your personal thickness. It does thicken up in the refrigerator.

Oh forgot to mention I'm a sloppy spoon measure. Every thing is measured over the top. :D
That's it. So easy and really good flavor.