Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
My gosh - I think you've set me free.

It's something I always think I want, but I have NEVER wanted a pool for most of the reasons you've outlined regarding a hot tub.

Honestly - thank you.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2013, 01:33 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We used to have a pool too. I loved it even though it was a ton of work. But I wouldn't have another one for anything. I taught my oldest 3 grandkids how to swim in it and I bet my DH was in it maybe 12 times in 12 years, lol. But I was in it ALL the time in the summer, especially when the kids stayed with us. Which was most of the time in the summer when they were out of school. I'd love to go back to that time.
Oh, and glad I was able to be of service, ma'am. Lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 06-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you made some great memories, Sandy!
Old 06-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #64
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK I found your B vitamins on Amazon.
It seems I always have a cart going there, so even though I have my super duper expensive homocysteine B vitamins, I'm going to order some of yours for when these are gone.

Also some vitamin k2 - anyone here take that?
Supposed to be the bomb diggity to avoid fosamax/boniva?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #65
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
What does K2 do?
Boniva?

Just do weight-bearing exercise - walk a lot and/or body building!
You won't need any of those!

Old 06-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
What does K2 do?
Boniva?

Just do weight-bearing exercise - walk a lot and/or body building!
You won't need any of those!

On my list.
In the meantime....
Old 06-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #67
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: SpoWa
Vitamin K is fat soluable vitamin, found in green leafy veggies, broccoli and brussels sprouts, that helps build bone and is instrumental in blood clotting, so don't overdo it. .

Cindy from Spokane

Last edited by SpoWa; 06-07-2013 at 07:39 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #68
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Cindy!
I promise I will be careful.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #69
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hi gang!

lots of great posts, this has been a very tired, but had to be very busy week so haven't been on the computer except for work. And, I check on the Ipad but hate to type much on it.

Sounds like this might be our last nice, cooler weather for TX, we have had a really nice cooler than normal spring. Supposed to reach 100 next week and of course, this is when DD from NE is coming down. She usually comes in July and Aug and it is so beastly hot and dry and brown here, I was excited about her coming earlier when it would be cooler and things still green. Then, I watch the forecast last night, ugh!

Judy, glad your DM's illness is a cold and not something harder to treat. She still must be careful and get lots of rest.

I used to want a pool but my DS and the neighbors DS were best friends, they used their backyard for the pool and trampoline and played all kinds of things in our big back yard, worked out perfect!!! And now, we don't have an unused pool to keep up. The kids have them so if we ever want to be in or around one, well, easy to get to. We do have a hot tub, DH is the one who had to have it although I enjoy it too, but, it is always messed up for one reason or another and DH either can't fix it or the person he hires can't fix it, or comes, but never gets the needed parts or comes back. I wish he would just take it out, but there it sits, an elephant on the deck And, he built the deck around it, so if we remove it, there will be this big hold in our raised deck I wish he would just have someone either come fix it and keep it up and running properly, or, remove it and fill in the deck. at 72, DH doesn't want to do projects any more, he always used to be fiddling around, fixing things, making things, but now he just doesn't have the interest or feel like it. I do understand, I sure lost a lot of my vim and vigor this year too, although I hope to get all of mine back

Had 5 YO grandson Bobby out on Wed., spend the night and stayed until mid-afternoon yesterday when I took him to meet his Mom. Ava gets to come alone in about 2 weeks for the same. So much more fun when I just get one of them, I get to spend really special time with that one. Bobby just talked and talked and talked, very entertaining 5 is a nice age, they are much better behaved and don't have to be watched every single minute and really interact with you. I love my little ones too but it is more wearing to keep them when they are under 3 especially. Ollie is adorable at 2 but takes constant watching and is very willful

You gals perked my interest with the B vitamin talk. I run hot and cold, get to taking all kinds of supplements that I read or hear about, then decide they must not be doing much and they get so expensive that I just want to chuck them all, then I go back to taking them. The ones I never stop anymore is the fish oil because I have learned beyond a doubt that it keeps my cholesterol in check. I like the Heart Saviour too that Sandy turned us onto.

Having trouble with the power steering on my beloved 2001 model car. Had DH have it checked out when he took it in for alignment and boot replacement. They told him nothing was wrong as that car has a stiff steering. I KNOW that, I have put almost every one of the 140,000 miles on that car, but I also know when something is wrong with it. Sigh, I am going to take it back and get them to drive it while I am in the car and can show them what it is doing and when.

Well, another week has flown by, as well as almost half of this year. Slow down to my pace, please world. Little Bobby didn't believe me that it was June and really tried to convince me to go to McDonald's to lunch so he could see if the happy meal still offered the spy toys like they did in May, or, had changed to something new. Win/win in his mind Uh, we ate at Freddy's, much better food, kind of fun though no toys in the kids meals.

Little Ava, 3, is going to a camp this week at the school where she will attend pre-school this fall. She is loving it so a good sign that she will enjoy her classes there this fall. This is where big brother Bobby goes and she can't wait until she gets to attend school too.

Anyone have graduations and or parties to go to this weekend? We have one, the DD of one of my dinner club friends. Out of all the kids of the group, we only have 3 more to graduate, then they will all be out of regular school though we still have a few more years until they are all out of college.

Have great weekends everyone!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #70

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Busy catching up..One more night of VBS and then the big picnic at the park tomorrow night..

We had an above the ground pool for years at my parents' home in NH..Four kids really
used it with their friends and my mom swam every day. Lots of fun times there..

Buffy: have you check the power steering fluid? I had a car that was hard to steer and the fluid was low..

Dh is up at the farm mowing..That is good..

LOL..His brother called me on the phone yesterday and wondered if I could get Gary to
exercise..LOLOLO. Cuz he was worried about him being overweight..which is a concern, of course. Will see how it goes..Eating less might be possible..Unfortunately, he drinks milk (carby)..Maybe I should get him to count carbs....

Hugs all around..

I had my 30 gram protein shake this a.m. And, the ice crushed nicely in my new Oster
blender from WM.. Yeah...I might try having shakes once in a while..I do like chewing, though.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I guess the WM there doesn't sell Hood milk.
We love that.
HOW SWEET of Gary's brother!! And of course it falls to you to direct your DH.

I can never decide between chewing and a nice thick shake - I just adore a nice thick shake.

And chewing.
Can't understand why I've ever had a weight problem.

Buffy I love your update. I go through phases of vitamins, too. But when I was getting off the PPIs I was very happy to have whatever weirdo supplements I took at that time. I don't need them anymore, but am afraid to throw them out because I might need them!

Your grandkids are so lucky to have you (and vice-versa, obviously!).

MK my SS has started doing a Slow Burn workout. She said she'd help me get started when she gets back from her little vacation. I may never touch that vitamin K2.
I am not much interested in going to the pool right now - they've moved outside and I think it's too cold yet. We need a few really hot days then I'll think it's great, I'm sure.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #72
Big Yapper!!!!

My grandkids have really added a lot to my life. As have my kids.

Carolyn, that is exactly how my car acts, like it is low on PS fluid, but DH says he checked that?? Maybe the pump? bigs bucks but I do love my old car and it hasn't cost us toooo much over the years for the kind of car it is.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:22 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, was Gary's decision to retire as sudden as it seems to all of us, or were you guys just mum about your plans? Either way, glad he got to do it, he deserves time to do as he wishes and hope the both of you can travel if you wish.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #74

Busy day here on the thread. Good to see everybody posting their news.

I need to post my review of Buttoni's wraps/tortillas.

They are beautiful and pretty easy to make. However, we did not like them with our fajitas. It's just so hard to replace real tortillas! And we both decided we'd just rather eat fajitas without any tortillas at all. But they are tasty. I heated one up this morning and had it with butter, cinnamon and splenda. Pretty good even though they do have onion powder in them, lol. If I make them again, I'll leave out the onion powder for at least 1/2 of them. I do think they'd make a good quesadilla type dish. Still not the tortilla taste but with cheese, etc I think they'd be good. And they brown nicely on a hot griddle. So all in all, a success I'd say. Now I'd like to try a great crunchy cracker recipe.

Buffy, I hear you on the 2 year old! Our 2 y/o great-grandson's favorite word is now "no". To just about everything! Thank goodness they're also so cute at this age.

I think I need to go through all my supplements and thin some of them out. I take way too much "stuff" and it does get expensive! But trying to figure out what to quit is hard.

We're going downtown to First Friday this evening. They're having music and of course the food trucks. Danger!! Lol.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:56 PM   #75
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Sorry I have been away from here but we had a jumping clinic this week that consumed all of my time. I am grinning in this picture because we had to make this jump out of a 90 degree angle and I wasn't sure she could do it.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Carolyn, was Gary's decision to retire as sudden as it seems to all of us, or were you guys just mum about your plans? Either way, glad he got to do it, he deserves time to do as he wishes and hope the both of you can travel if you wish.
I think he was going to retire at the end of the year, but the President offered the 65-66 year olds a "package" deal, so he decided to take it. I left it totally up to him..

Buffy, probably worth getting it fixed for sure..I can't imagine that they can't figure out what is wrong.......Get a second opinion...LOl

Love Cindy and Chakka's picture..

Need to check out Buttoni's tortilla recipe..
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #77
Always on, slightly off

Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #78
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Love the pictures Cindy. Chakka's such a nice looking horse. Looks like a lot of fun had by both of you.
Old 06-07-2013, 01:34 PM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy - beautiful!

And the horse looks well too.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:57 AM   #80

LOL..

I love Judy's sense of humor.. She makes me smile a lot..

VBS is over except for the hot dog party at the park tonight. Kids had a ball..Unfortunately, the snack last night was popcorn.. I indulged, but no ice cream at Braums..I had a diet cherry limeade, which you can order there. It is quite tart, but no calories..unless they plop in a cherry in there..

We have a birthday luncheon to go today. The menu is very carby (according to the wife) because it is her dh's birthday and this is his special German dish..Dough filled with cottage cheese..Will try a little and be polite..

Have a great day everyone....
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hmmmm..... dough filled with cottage cheese......
I have no doubt you are very very polite. I admit I'd try a fork-full at least.
I love dough and I love cottage cheese.
Those wacky Germans and this wurst and that wurst.
I've been to Germany several times in the last many years but avoided all the wursts.
I think I'd have a different view of them now.
Hope it's a nice luncheon, I bet it will be.

Out front planting flowers I bought 1 month late!!!
DH helping me!

Eating Peggy's egg puffs with strawberry in the center - tastes like a baked egg. LOL
It's nice, but I do not think I'll make it again.
I wonder if I added cream cheese.... the eggs were quite rubbery, so why not go all the way to firm with cream cheese? Then we have a danish, maybe.

Then going stroller-shopping with DD so we can get the one she wants, HER DH can put it together, and I'll wheel it out with a big bow on it for her shower. I like that plan.

I need to check out buttoni's tortilla recipe, too. I'm fine with neutral.
But I'm also subscribed to ouizoid's tortilla thread our dear Carolyn started quite awhile ago. Just another thing to make on my list!

Have a great day friends!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:46 AM   #82
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

I think I totoally missed yesterday!
Miss me?!

The world just keeps spinning faster and faster and I'm not getting everything done - too many meetings, appointments, etc. I miss the days when the kids were an excuse!

Cindy - looking good!

Sandy - I admire you making everything - I just decide I won't eat it - like tortillas - so never try to make them!

Carolyn - popcorn is just good fiber, right?! And the butter is good fat, and . . .

Buffy - I hear grandkids are amazing! I hope I get to try them out someday!
Are you still going to Aspen this summer?

Judy - I love a nice, thick shake too!! Breakfast has been a protein shake with bananas, natural pb, coconut milk, RAW protein powder and frozen something depending on my mood - blueberries, strawberries, cherries . . . . I should probably throw some kale in there too.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 06-08-2013, 06:34 PM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK that shake sounds delicious. I usually like a little something sweet to start my day - or I do on the weekends. Throwing in some kale makes it sound like my homocysteine level would go down!

Cindy I have a little picture for you. To the right of the big words it says, "or yard work."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg In Case of Zombies.jpg (39.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 06-08-2013, 07:24 PM   #84

Hi all, just popping by to say hi and good night. Hit the ground running this morning and just stopped. Had a great day though even if it was busy.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 PM   #85
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
MK that shake sounds delicious. I usually like a little something sweet to start my day - or I do on the weekends. Throwing in some kale makes it sound like my homocysteine level would go down!

Cindy I have a little picture for you. To the right of the big words it says, "or yard work."
Haha ! Yes, World War Z opens next weekend!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:23 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi friends,
I'm happy to say, that I now have wireless internet & can use my own laptop again. I sure had problems with sign-ins & passwords, let alone finding my sites!
I'm getting together with an internet friend tomorrow for church. Should be fun. Hopefully we won't melt driving there! I have been getting sick every time I spend any time outside It's ONLY 116! What a wimp!

We shopped for another dog carrier today & found one that I think will be better, it can strap around me, so I won't be afraid that it will fall off. It will also still sit on the side-box though. I didn't like depending on bungees... you know how they "pop" off sometimes!

Beautiful horses & horse pictures!

Hope you're all doing well.

Love,
Debby
Old 06-09-2013, 05:12 AM   #87

Hi everyone

Quest bar for breakfast. Yesterday was a food disaster. Honestly those perogie type things were great. Then Cheryl made a homemade cherry pie. It was great. .

Arizona is too hot for me. Kansas is too hot for me sometimes, too.

Dh says he is doing yard work next week. The weeds are calling his name.

Have a great Sunday. Check in later.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:38 AM   #88

Yesterday was a food disaster for me too. Reining it in today.

My allergies feel like they're trying to kick into high gear too. Ugh! I could do without them, thank you very much.

A friend of ours DS passed a way unexpectedly this past week. He leaves his wife and 2 small children, plus 2 very loving parents. He was only 37 years old. So, so sad. It breaks my heart.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:28 AM   #89
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Most summers are too hot for me.
I am more active in very cold than very hot.

Still planting today.

Sandy - what a tragedy for your DS's friend's family. So sorry to hear.

Debby how fun you've gone to church with an internet friend!
116 is simply too much. It takes it all out of you, I think.
I hope you'll find cooler areas soon.

The hot is creeping in here more and more each day. We've had the nicest (well, coldest) spring.

Made the black bean chocolate cake last night. Will frost it today and see how it is.
It smelled 'beany' while cooking. Looks like chocolate cake.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #90

Sandy: People shouldn't die in their 30's... Praying for this family..So sad.

Oh..is this your first "bean" cake, Judy? It is quite tasty, if I must say.

Only had 2 taco chips at lunch and a very legal lunch..I told dh I was going to abstain for the most part and he followed suit..

Ds got a 100 pound boxing bag for his apartment with a stand..His early birthday present from us. So, that is his new exercise addition..I can't move the thing at all.

The hot is creeping up here, too..

Hey, the KSU baseball team is one game away from playing in the College World Series.
Who watches college baseball? We will tonight..
Closed Thread