Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
MAY WE ALL BE THINNER BY JUNE CHALLENGE

Great name, Jim!!!

I gained a pound to 141, but I'm happy!!!
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2013, 05:45 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Good morning Ladies happy May 1st.

297.6 to start my favourite month. A little lighter

Jim
jim.b.mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:53 AM   #3

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Good morning. Happy May Day!!

Today: 142.4

Average for the month: 142.9

WTG Jim!!!!

And good job Carolyn!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:06 AM   #4
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!!

Lowest last month - 122.0
Today 124.2
Struggling on!

Today is exercise, grocery, bank, long dog walk . . . . and i really should visit my mom . . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:29 AM   #5
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Yeah JIM!! Jim is really getting in a groove now! Down to 124 pounds. My riding schedule and increased thyroid dose is helping!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning,

Good thread name

Maintaining 126-128

Happy May Day!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Good morning! I lost several pounds with the kidney stone, but we'll see how it goes from here. I finally feel "normal" this morning.

Congrats to all the maintainers and losers and those of us just happy to get up in the morning!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats to all our losers and maintainers and those without stones this morning , just b/c I love this little bee too.

I am not weighing these days except at the doctors office and that tells the story, which shall not be repeated on here due to . Oh, not really, I know you all are such a forgiving bunch, I got off track in January and haven't gotten back on but at the moment, not worried about it. I just want to get well, then maybe I can address it again.

I am feeling better each day and doing just a little more, while being careful not to overdo it. Getting so far behind with stuff around the house but I know myself and when I feel good again, I can make quick work of it. And, being older and more accepting and with senior vision makes it all so much easier

Jim, you got your mojo going guy! Sometimes it does just take a while for the body to convert to burning the right kind of energy we need to burn while on LC to lose and seems you are there. So nice that you and DW are doing this together, makes it much easier.

We are supposed to get rain and cooler weather starting this evening, I think some of you are due for snow even, wait, isn't this May?

DD#1 is all set up on her insulin shots and has met with the nurses, etc. to start tracking her carbs, etc. and is doing well. Looking back, the symptoms have been there for quite a while, just was so unexpected in someone who seemed as fit and healthy as her that it was missed. She feels a lot better now that BS is under control. Her DH who is very healthy too went along on her visits so he understands it all as well and will be super supportive.

Hope to have Grant (13) overnight one night this weekend, his parent's have company coming in for a week. I got him a new book on weather that I think he will just love, he has really been into weather since he was about 5 anyway. Anytime there is stormy weather, he is glued to the tv and calls different family members around the country to report on their weather

Loving the pictures of Merlin on FB MK, keep em coming!! You know we all love our cyber "extended family pets" here!

Carolyn, not sure what to advise you on that part time job, like someone else, I could see it quickly turning into more hours than you would want and if you are like me, I have a hard time controlling those hours if it is something I enjoy. You do so much good for friends, neighbors and community I think I would just tell the Dr. that maybe once in a while, you would be glad to hold a class, etc. for some of her patients, but not put it in stone. After so many years of working and raising a family, I really treasure having my time free to do with as I like, even then, we still have a lot of commitments it seems. And, once you start something like that, it is hard to back out if you want to, even though they will assure you up front that you are free to do so. What a compliment though that she asked you!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:03 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, because of your talk of your job offer Carolyn, I dreamed that I was back at work at FEMA!! I was back but was already regretting going back and wondering how I was going to be able to quit so soon after starting back, LOL. And, I loved that job but wow was it stressful. Of course, our own business was still pretty busy then as well so I was wearing 2 hats and they were slipping and sliding, let me tell you!
Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Buffy I think you're so right to get yourself well before you dive back into a more "attentive" way of eating. It takes so much time and attention it could be exhausting in and of itself. Just keep getting better - you already are - and eat as you wish no matter what that is!

Remembering my DH's 98-yr-old aunt we visited only a few weeks ago: "Do what makes you happy! Enjoy life! Enjoy each other!"
Old 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Remembering my DH's 98-yr-old aunt we visited only a few weeks ago: "Do what makes you happy! Enjoy life! Enjoy each other!"
So true, so very very true!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #13

Hi gals and Jim,

I have two peeps at church that I am talking to about LC..One gal just had a baby and is on meds, but her sugars are high (went off insulin after she gave birth)..I hope she will go to Dr. Cobb...I encouraged her as she sat at the coffee shop eating chips/a sandwich/sugary fruit salad..Her dd10 and her stepd11 are getting chunky, so I am hoping that she will change the whole family's way of eating...

Off to babysit at the gym for a couple of hours..Will have my workout there..

Hope everyone is healthy....

Yeah, for all of our losers/maintainers and we need to get Buffy healthy...NOW..poor kid..

It is supposed to be cold/rainy/snowy tomorrow..

Old 05-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #14

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Yep summer today, winter tomorrow! Welcome to Kansas!!

I've been cleaning all morning! And I'm ready to be done but my house says otherwise, lol. I'm trying to declutter as I clean so it's taking much longer. But needs to be done so badly.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 11:56 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Well Carolyn, that's exactly what I meant. I think people are put in your path or you are put in their path and you are still doing the work for which you are so well-suited, and suggesting the right way of eating to folks who need it/ask for it... office hours might not be the best thing. You are walking the walk!

Oh Sandy.... me next? pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease
Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, I have mentioned that I have a cleaning lady who comes in every two weeks and keeps things decent and that forces me to make sure everything is put away before she comes. BUT, the problem with that is that you really never get your house cleaned to what I call "right", that is like you are cleaning, you declutter as you go, you see something that needs fixed, you fix it, and so on and so forth. That is real cleaning and yes, it takes a long time to do it but wow, don't you feel so great when it is all said and done? That is the way I "used" to clean, although it never got done often enough. You go girl!!!

Yes, Carolyn walks the walk in many ways, community, neighbors, school kids, church, exercise center, we are so lucky to have our Carolyn!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I enjoy keeping things picked up... dishes, clothes, beds, etc... But I really hate "cleaning"... used to think it was just "floors" - but its over-all cleaning... dusting, vacuuming, mopping, spring cleaning... refuse to do windows, shoulder can't take it. I'd dearly love to have someone come in & do all those for me. Although, that would probably get me "cleaning" before they arrived!
Sure does feel good when its done... just wish it would LAST!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
I enjoy keeping things picked up... dishes, clothes, beds, etc... But I really hate "cleaning"... used to think it was just "floors" - but its over-all cleaning... dusting, vacuuming, mopping, spring cleaning... refuse to do windows, shoulder can't take it. I'd dearly love to have someone come in & do all those for me. Although, that would probably get me "cleaning" before they arrived!
Sure does feel good when its done... just wish it would LAST!
Oh well said !!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:31 PM   #19

I hate cleaning, too..but it is a necessary evil, I'm afraid..

My motherinlaw's house was spotless..think old farmhouse..She did heavy duty spring and fall cleaning..Walls, windows, etc..etc...She would probably flip over in her grave if she could see the farmhouse now..It is not messy, but, not like "she" kept it.

I do need to declutter my kitchen cabinets..Old spices..etc..

OH..I have a great "tip" for refreshing your kitchen cabinets that are made of wood.
3/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar..Put in a jar and shake like the debil.
Then take an old cloth or tee-shirt and rub some of this on your "wood"..Wait a little
while and then with a clean cloth, wipe it off..No kidding..What a difference..
I didn't do the whole recipe, but did the proportions and the cabinets I did do, looked
cleaner and better.

You are so sweet..I wish I could change the way peeps eat by twitching my nose..LOL.
All the sugar that we give kids at church/school, etc..BAD..then we wonder why they
are fat and have Type II.

Dh is on his way home..
Old 05-01-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I hate cleaning, too..but it is a necessary evil, I'm afraid..

My motherinlaw's house was spotless..think old farmhouse..She did heavy duty spring and fall cleaning..Walls, windows, etc..etc...She would probably flip over in her grave if she could see the farmhouse now..It is not messy, but, not like "she" kept it.

I do need to declutter my kitchen cabinets..Old spices..etc..

OH..I have a great "tip" for refreshing your kitchen cabinets that are made of wood.
3/4 cup canola oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar..Put in a jar and shake like the debil.
Then take an old cloth or tee-shirt and rub some of this on your "wood"..Wait a little
while and then with a clean cloth, wipe it off..No kidding..What a difference..
I didn't do the whole recipe, but did the proportions and the cabinets I did do, looked
cleaner and better.

You are so sweet..I wish I could change the way peeps eat by twitching my nose..LOL.
All the sugar that we give kids at church/school, etc..BAD..then we wonder why they
are fat and have Type II.

Dh is on his way home..
Sounds like it would make cabinets look like you used liquid gold but much cheaper
Old 05-01-2013, 07:03 PM   #21
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sounds like it would make cabinets look like you used liquid gold but much cheaper
But do they smell like salad dressing!?

Buffy - you really don't need to worry about your weight right now! You just need to get better!!!
And I'm glad I weighed before I got into the Twizzlers!!

Debby - Me too! Cleaning up before the cleaning lady is really common!!

Sandy - you can come to my house too!

Judy - so glad you feel better today!!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So glad this week is going better for everyone!
Our snow melted yesterday & looks like we get some warmer weather coming up.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:27 PM   #23

It only smells like salad dressing for a minute. Lol.

We are getting some weather. Sweater tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quick story here, before I head off to work. We had an interesting phone call last night. DD had to tell us... DGD4 has been very concerned for me, about Shelby. Also where Shelby is... she started asking questions about heaven... this has apparently been going on since last week... Well, yesterday, in the dressing room (after swimming) she asked if she could ask Jesus in her heart. So DD prayed with her right then & there. PTL!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, Debby - out of the mouths of babes....

Hello to all.

My DH's mother traveled by herself to Branson. Checked herself into the wrong motel and failed to telephone anyone of her arrival until 4 hours had passed.
Obviously she is fine, but we enjoyed a little drama in the "unknown" hours last night.

On a related note, DH and I may be traveling to Branson to "drive back" with my DMIL if she will let us. If not, we'll get to see DMIL and her two younger sisters who (no kidding) grew up on a plantation in Mississippi. It's fascinating being around the 3 of them, so even if DMIL doesn't want any "help", we may go visit.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Judy, they sound so interesting! Would love to sit in a corner and hear them recount stories of their childhood!!!
Old 05-02-2013, 11:17 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

I'm very close to being able to tell you! HA HA!
The stories, thankfully, do not change, but they remain fascinating...

"Our long walkway/driveway from the road was lined with pear trees. The ____ (right, or left?) side were for eating, the ____ (right, or left?) side for canning."
They were a self-sustaining entity and fed all 40+ families living on that plantation (and probably living in horrid conditions I can do nothing about at this time... )
Old 05-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #28

Hi gals..

Debby: How special..Shelby's legacy lives on and touched your little one in a wonderful way..

Oh, my..Well, you know Judy, there are sOOOO many hotels in Branson. No wonder she got confused. I love Branson..Hope you have fun if you go...

Cold and rainy today..Morning meeting, then staying home this afternoon with tea and Netflix and Alex.

I do think plantation life was hard work for everyone. I can't imagine having to grow my own food..I might be very skinny if I had to do that. Great stories
of days gone past.

There is a restaurant in Branson called The Plantation..It has a great breakfast buffet..FYI..

Last edited by CarolynF; 05-02-2013 at 11:22 AM..
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
There is a restaurant in Branson called The Plantation..It has a great breakfast buffet..FYI..
OOoooooh! Thank you!
Old 05-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

Note to self:
Do not open perfume samples in the mail and spread all over myself, no matter how good they seem to smell. Over powering comes to mind in just a few minutes, now trying to scrub them off.

Ewwwwww