Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #211
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quick note as a friend is picking me up for lunch.

All is well, though the tornados were very close to some friends and one of my DD's had to get the kids up twice to go to an interior room, but they are fine.

More later
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Thank you Buffy!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Will you be in the Dillon area Judy? When you mentioned outlet shopping in CO that's where I always think of. We went there last summer and loved it! We also stayed in a condo. In the River Run area. Beaches are my favorite but mountains are a close 2nd. Enjoy!!

Buffy, I'm glad you and yours are all well. I hate tornadoes!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes - our condo is in the Winter Park area, but we go down to Dillon for that outlet mall. I like that one too. If my mom doesn't want to walk that much she takes her book on tape/cd/whatever and listens in the car while my SS and I work quickly!
Old 05-16-2013, 12:53 PM   #215
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
MK - you are a dear, but I understand your trepidation. Praying for you! And your lucky friend! HA HA!
The hair turned out pretty good - if I do say so myself!
Though I did try to drown her when I was washing it .......

Judy - my DD26 lives in Aspen and I love the Dillon mall - I think it's called Silverthorne . . .

I bought Netflix for DS20 for his birthday one year, and now we all use his account - I didn't think I'd use it, but i do - a lot!

Buffy - glad you're OK!!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:54 PM   #216

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Okay....Let me find what I ordered..

Okay: I ordered an Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter, which you hitch onto your phone and you can also use the charger on it at the same time so you don't run down your battery.
and a DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 Ft (this you plug into your HDMI slot on your tv, then the other end goes to the Adapter) You need to put your tv on HDMI to watch the show.

You control the show by your phone on which you have downloaded the Netflix app..

I even plugged it in myself..

Buffy: I was thinking of you this morning with all those dumb tornadoes..I hate this time of year...

Last edited by CarolynF; 05-16-2013 at 01:02 PM..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #217

I have the hdmi cable but would need an adapter for my android phone instead of one for apple. I have an adapter that I can hook my phone up to the tv to look at my pictures, I'll check to see if it will also let me watch netflix. Thanks.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hooray MK!! And evidently she survived and I bet you all had laughter!
Another gift...
Old 05-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #219
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Yes - our condo is in the Winter Park area, but we go down to Dillon for that outlet mall. I like that one too. If my mom doesn't want to walk that much she takes her book on tape/cd/whatever and listens in the car while my SS and I work quickly!
Oh, yes, I have been to that outlet mall.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

I have also been to that outlet mall, many times. My sister used to live in Dillon and now my BIL on DH's side has a ranch north of there.

After our storms last night, it is very hot, humid, overcast and clammy here today. Everyone is complaining of a sinus headache, would swear more bad weather is coming.

Yay for Alex, Carolyn, you have done an amazing job.

Have to remember to look up that equipment Carolyn, I had thought of buying another apple tv for the bedroom, but hopefully, this will be cheaper.

Friend and I had a good lunch and then ran around to several stores, I got more than half of my list knocked out. Now, DH wants me to meet him for Happy Hour, it will be humid out on their patio and loud, loud, loud inside , loud bothers me more than it used to??

I am running out of steam
Old 05-16-2013, 03:05 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I have dvd player adapters to connect into my TV. Didn't realize there were so many ways to see net flex. I've been loving Call the Mid Wife. I was able to see the first of the series with nf. Now I'm all caught up. I also like to view right from my computer too.

Glad to see Alex is doing well now, Carolyn

Buffy glad to see you were away from those tornadoes. Your pot garden is just lovely.

Have a great trip to Co. Judy.

Waving to everyone else. I know it's been awhile. Just not much going on around here. Take care.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 05-16-2013 at 03:07 PM..
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:39 PM   #222

Akk..just found out that I am having the ladie's coffee at my house in the a.m. And, before I found that out, I found a dead mouse under the couch..I thought I smelled something..so...Dh will have to dispose of it before dinner is served for sure and we can air out the room a bit. He didn't smell anything last night..of course.

MK: Maybe you have a new profession..

Colorado is sooo beautiful, Judy...

I'm sure you can get Netflix on your android...Ds has one..

So...I'm making Buttoni's Lemon Pound Cake now. I will throw in some poppy seeds for fun..I don't have a Meyer lemon, just a regular one..Let you know how it turns out..

Yes, Alex is still going strong..I have to "ration" his food out 1.5 ounces every 5 hours, so he doesn't overeat and cause his blood sugar to raise..
Old 05-16-2013, 04:21 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank goodness for your nursing skills for Alex. This is actually fascinating since I'm not the nurse - or doctor!

I'm glad you're making that pound cake. I printed it also and wondered about making it to take up to CO - or just making it there.
DO let us know!

Only good mouse is a dead mouse.
It would be a better mouse if it had died outside...
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #224
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Hooray MK!! And evidently she survived and I bet you all had laughter!
Another gift...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

MK: Maybe you have a new profession..

Colorado is sooo beautiful, Judy...

I'm sure you can get Netflix on your android...Ds has one..

I think I'll just watch on my IPad!
I stream it on my TV through my Wii!
Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #225

Hi gals..

Made the Lemon Pound Cake. Honestly, I must need more lemon that the normal person, because I added more lemon juice and even added some lemon flavoring to zip it up. Didn't have Myer lemons..so just used the regular ones..Maybe the Myer ones are more lemony..

Jeremiah is coming this morning with his Mom..He is 2..Got out Brett's big legos from
many moons ago, washed them, and found 2 rubber dinosaurs, so he will be well entertained..

Alex is still doing great..He sits by his dish cuz I only feed him every 4-5 hours, unlike
the olden days where he "free ranged"..so to speak.

Catch you later..
Old 05-17-2013, 06:42 AM   #226

I have a dvd/blu-ray player on our big tv. I get NF, hulu, youtube, etc through it. It was under $100 so I think I'll just get another one of those for the bedroom. Do away with all the hooking up of stuff every time. I do get NF and those others on my androids. My phone, my tablet, my nook color and my computer. I just prefer it on the big screen if I'm home.

Sharon, I love your avi!!

Carolyn, I love lemon too and always think stuff needs more lemon flavor. I used to make a lemon cake with lemon icing. I think I used lemon jello or pudding in the cake. Can't remember which but it was the BEST. My DD always asked for it every year on her bday.

My DD is in Dallas this week for a seminar. She texted me last night that they've actually invited her to help teach it next year!!! After the first day they asked her if she had consulted before. She said it was a very empowering week for her. I'm so proud of her! It's for a software that she uses in her job.

DGD who's in college to get her RN got her grades. All A's and B's. One more year!!!

DGD14 is home now and doing better. She'll still go in for pain management therapy and physical therapy on a regular basis. And she's back to home schooling now so she won't be too far behind when she goes back to public school in the fall. It'll be her 1st year of high school.
Wow, my grandchildren have just all grown up in a flash and even the greats seem to be growing fast too. It all passes by so quickly anymore.

Carolyn, you've done miraculous work with Alex! Good job!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 05-17-2013, 06:48 AM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I LOVE hearing all these successes!!!
Grandchildren, Alex, 2-year-olds...

Now I'm wondering about that pound cake. I don't have Meyer lemons either, and I very much like a lemon flavor in my pound cake.
After adding all the lemon Carolyn did you like it? And did the ladies?

I don't ask much...

Sandy I am so thinking of your DGD14. I sure hope she gets better and better.
Old 05-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Quick check in, than another busy days. nails and pedi, errands. After our storms and rain the humidity is awful, has your DD mentioned that Sandy? Too bad she wasn't here just one week earlier, the weather was perfect.

Congrats to her and your DGD in nursing and so happy to hear of any relief and progress on your DGD 14.

I like lots of lemon flavor too. Been adding lemon to my water and it is so refreshing.

Thanks for stopping by Sharon, we always love to hear from you.

Have fun on your trip Judy, stay in touch as much as possible!

Hi everyone!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #229

Maybe you could add 1/2 pkg of sf lemon jello to the pound cake?? I'm sure it couldn't hurt if you like lemon like I like lemon!

DD was in the Gaylord hotel and pretty much had meetings most of the time. And we've had so much rain and cold up here that she probably welcomed any warmth there was, even with the humidity. It's very humid here now and very warm!

My heel on the back of my leg, like where my Achilles tendon is I think, has been feeling like it has a catch in it off and on. Last night it happened again and this time I couldn't put any weight on it. It really scared me and DH. Anybody ever hear of anything like that? I'm trying to rest it more today although I did wake up and it was back to normal?

I've been watching The Grand and I guess 2nd season episodes have started now b/c they changed 2 characters and I was pretty confused at first. I really like the show a lot!
Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #230

Hi ladies and Jim,

Yes, they did change characters on The Grand. Stephen isn't as handsome nor is Ruth ? as beautiful as the old ones..but probably more in character.

Ouchie, Tendonitis? Can you get it on your heel? Take care..So, you can drive to Lawrence on Monday..

Yes, I added 1/2 package of SF lemon pudding and it did help. It did need some Cool Whip on top of it and the ladies seemed to like it.

Jeremiah was trying to grab Alex, so Alex hissed at him and ran away..Then Jeremiah stepped on his tail..Luckily, Alex's blood sugar didn't go up..He headed for the garage and enjoyed the quiet. He loves adults and wanted to be around us, but there was a fly
in the ointment, so he stayed away.

I am optimistic that Alex is healed as long as he eats LC food..Now, if he has some
illness, his blood sugar might go up.....Praying...
Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've had a similar pain Sandy - plantar fasciitis. Yours doesn't much sound like that, though. Wonder what you've got? Hope it stays gone.

Poor Alex!! Thank goodness, like most cats, he knows how to take care of himself.
Hmph! Bringing cute babies in the house to pull his tail.

I'll try to restrain myself from making that pound cake, then, until I get back. I wanted it to be yippie skippy - but it sounds "all right"?
Will make a note to add 1/2 package of SF lemon pudding. Thanks all.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #232

I have plantar fascitus some times too but this is on the back of my heel about even with my ankle. It's also in the ankle that I broke 10 years ago. I used to think the "catch" was something to do with that but now I'm not so sure. If it gets worse again I'll break down and go get it checked out.

I'll be there Monday Carolyn. It doesn't bother me driving. And hopefully I can do some shopping afterwards. I enjoy Lawrence and don't make it up there very often. Maybe I'll stop and visit DGD14 on the way home too. They live 1/2 way to Lawrence.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi girls,
I suffered Plantar Fascitus a few years back. It is terrible! Definitely in the heel. After trying everything, research online, etc.... I found the answer. Here it is:

You MUST stretch your foot before touching the floor in the morning. If you don't, you're re-injuring yourself. It will take 5 days or so to heal... OK... so get a belt... put it on the top part of your foot, pull back... this stretches your calves. That's ALL it takes!! But remember, do this before you take a step out of bed & probably a good idea to repeat during the day, especially after sitting for a long time.

Hope you feel better real soon!

After typing this... I googled it...here's what "they" say...

Plantar fasciitis is an overuse injury caused by inflammation of the plantar fascia, a thick fibrous band that connects the heel bone to the base of the toes. Symptoms of plantar fasciitis include heel pain that is initially worse in the morning. Stretching the plantar fascia can help decrease the symptoms of plantar fasciitis. Review these five stretches: Long Sitting Stretch
1) Sit on the floor with your legs stretched out in front of you
2) Loop a towel around the top of your affected foot
3) Pull the towel towards you until a stretch is felt across the bottom of your foot
4) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times Achilles Stretch
1) Stand facing a wall and place your hands straight out on the wall
2) Step back with your affected foot keeping it flat on the floor
3) Move the other leg forward and slowly lean in toward the wall
4) Stop when you feel a stretch through the calf
5) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times
Stair Stretch
1) Stand on a step on the balls for your feet
2) Hold the rail for balance
3) Slowly lower the heel of the injured foot until a stretch is felt
4) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times
Can roll
1) Roll your injured foot (without a shoe on) back and forth from the tip of the toes to the heel over a can
2) Repeat ten times in both directions
Toe Stretch
1) Sit on the floor with your knee bent and foot flat on the floor
2) Pull the toes back on the injured foot until stretch across the arch is felt
3) Hold for 30 seconds then relax - repeat 10 times
Old 05-17-2013, 03:45 PM   #234

I have no pain on the bottom of my foot at all. I've had that before. This is actually up the back of my leg, right above my ankle on the back of my leg above my heel area. And when it gets that "catch" it feels like it needs popped, kind of like when your knuckles need popped.
Old 05-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I have the same thing Sandy. It just came upon me after I rubbed some skin away by wearing a different type of shoe. My location is at the back of the heel by the ankle. There is a hard bump. Dr. said I need to stretch it so try to but it just isn't getting any better. It drives me crazy as I can't walk like I use to.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Hope you gals heels are soon healed!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #237

Oowie on the heels... I went to my chiro once to have my foot adjusted. Honestly, it really worked..really. Hurt quite a bit while he was pulling my toes, but it worked great.

Alex is holding his own..So, I won't have to worry about Dh testing/giving shots, etc..Just feeding and litterboxing him, which is enough.

I made that Banana Split Dessert for our group last night..Big hit..I used Cool Whip instead of the whipped cream, but whipped cream is the best..(as we know)..

Have a great day..Hair dye on head..
Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #238
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

Carolyn - yay for Alex!! You should have been a vet!!

I just heard about another friend of mine getting her plantar fasciitis cured by going to her chiropractor! They actually adjusted her feet!
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone!

Beautiful, warm and windy day here in N Texas. Hope it isn't as humid as the last couple of days have been.

Sandy, how is the "catch" in the back of your heel/ankle feeling today? I haven't had that in my ankle but have had it other places and yes, you just want to crack it or something to get it to go away.

I ran a lot of errands the past two days and sure am feeling it today, I am TIRED! But, got a lot done so can stay home today, work a little with my plants and just take it a little easy. DH went to a town nearby where they are having a car show, a tractor show, chili cook-off, the works. I wasn't up for all that walking.

Can't believe May is almost half over.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:02 AM   #240
Big Yapper!!!!

Alex is doing so well, great job Carolyn!