Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #301
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm so glad the weekend is here!! DH got off a little early and we headed to a patio to enjoy the weather and a before dinner cocktail. Then after dinner we sat in the hot tub and just went "ahhhhh". We have no plans for the weekend except just chilling and enjoying every minute.

MK, have a great weekend with all the kiddos! I'm happy for you!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2013, 08:07 PM   #302

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Yeah, all the kids together. What fun!!

It is good to relax and just hang out during the weekend. That is why we are eating out tomorrow when Gary's cousin and bro and his wife come.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #303
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi y'all!
I am so happy to tell you, we've found a puppy. We'll be picking her up on our return trip (on the motorcycle)! (Buying a soft dog-carrier).

Hope she's as great as Shelby was. Will be thinking of names now... have a few coming to mind.
Well, we're hitting the road in an hour or so. Foggy weather, will do just fine.
Eating will be a puzzle for me to work out... don't think I'm going to have room for packing anything for lunch.
For safe travels.
Have a great day!
Be blessed
Old 05-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #304

Have a great trip and I'm so happy you found another puppy. My son left for MN today to pick his new puppy up.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:20 AM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oriana
Can someone tell me why I gained weigh on a raw fruit diet? I was eating fruit all day and a raw salad with a small amount of fatty dressing and gained 6 pounds running 10 miles a day! Go figure. I am going back to fat! BUt can someone explain this?
oriana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy I am amazed at your results. Do you calorie restrict on this? What does a typical day look like for you? It would help if some posted food logs.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

Cindy can you really eat a pound of bacon? How did you lose all that weight? Do you watch calories?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #308

Oh, my goodness, Debby..What an adorable baby..Why don't you name her Shelby? In honor of your darling puppy..Or would that be too hurtful?

Sandy: Another puppy on the way from MN... How fun for your son? Kind???

Oriana: Cindy is extremely active and quite tall..and looks great. Fructose is not a good sugar..And it will make you fat. No protein??? Have you checked your blood sugar?
If you are on the high side of normal, then that fruit will kick your blood sugar sky high and then more insulin needs to be released..Not good.. I'm sure Cindy will check in
to answer some of your questions.

Down another pound..Now, I have 2 more to go to make me happy and be at 140, if that
will work..My new clothes still fit, so PTL!!!

Beautiful sister in law Brenda and Glen will be arriving soon..She is a great gal..and I love her lots..Of course, we are going Mexican..I think I will avoid the chips today..Please, give me the strength to do that..

Old 05-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #309

My DS is getting a German Drathaar hunting dog. They're kind of like a German Wirehaired Pointer but they are all around hunting dogs, not just for birds like the pointers have been bred to be.

Have fun with your in-laws!

We're meeting our old friends/neighbors for dinner tonight. We haven't seen them as a couple for ages! Should be fun. We used to vacation with them all the time but our lives changed through the years, plus we moved, so don't see them nearly as much as in the past.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #310
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by oriana View Post
Cindy I am amazed at your results. Do you calorie restrict on this? What does a typical day look like for you? It would help if some posted food logs.
Here is a very typical day:

B: 400 calories
2 jumbo eggs, over easy, fried in Pam
2 slices toast (100 calories per slice is a good guideline for me)
Spray butter
1T full sugar jam

L: 400 calories
1/3 pound 96% lean hamburger fried
2/3 cup fat free refried beans
2 tostada shells (80 calories a piece)
1/4 cup Fage 2% (great sub for sour cream)
salsa, lettuce

Snack:
400 calories (anything depending on the mood: a berry protein shake homemade with frozen berries, an English muffing with peanut butter, rotisserie chicken wrap, ect)

Dinner: 400-600 calories
glass of wine or a sugar free margarita (not every night but 200 countable calories)
Platefull of veg such as steamed carrots, kale, baked potato with Fage and spray butter, squash, eggplant, ect with a lean protein.

Goal is 1600 - 1800 calories but I am riding my horse 4-5 days a week so I'm active. Yes, I can and do eat a pound of bacon in a sitting. According to an online calculator I use, it is 700 calories which is about right. I normally eat 1/2 pound on Sunday with 5 egg whites but I have eaten a straight pound. You can eat a pound....not a problem....ever....as long as you weigh the finished product and log it into your daily calories. You will be full for awhile.

What doesn't work for me:
Oatmeal for breakfast (can be an afternoon snack though)
Not eating breakfast (that never happens)
Not calorie counting (it's not restrictive, but I gotta count)
High fat (actually try for about 30% fat....except on bacon day!)
Low or moderate protein (I eat about 100-120 grams of protein a day)
Low Carb (I never felt good but I am not insulin resistant)

I wouldn't run, especially 10 miles a day. It's catabolic. You want muscle mass. I weight lift. Muscle mass = metabolism. You can run 10 miles and polish the calories you burned in 1 sitting. Also, I would starve to death on fruit and salad. You have got to have lean protein and a goodly amount. Lean protein, lower carb veg, some fat but measure every little bit and log everything.....and weigh everything.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me fox hunting 3/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 12:13 PM   #311
Always on, slightly off

I should also add I am on hormone replacement that includes enough testosterone that if I were to enter an event where they test for steroids, I would be accused of doping! Actually, I'm not sure what actual testosterone levels would be for that but I'm trying to be funny! Also, my thyroid is a well oiled machine. Between my thyroid and my hormone replacement, I bet it allows me to eat an extra 500 calories a day than without it. And so as not to be confusing, I don't follow EFGT. These ladies are the only ones that will put up with me so I call this home!
Old 05-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Checking in. Mhappy to hear MK has all her chickies under her wings, until they flyn off again. Happy to hear about new puppies.

Our patio party last night was a huge success, we ate about 6:30, it started raining about 7:30-8:00, so we just pulled all the chairs up under our patio overhang and had just a great time, people stayed until after 11. Kids played outside before and between rains and inside during, got some board games out and I know there was some hide and seek played.

All 4 kitties played hide all night long! The kids love to see the cats and just don't understand why the cats all hide when they come running in the house

Very slowly, after everyone left and it got quiet, did they come out, one by one from their hiding places. So, everyone had a good time, except for the kitties

Very tired today but have everything cleaned up and put away so will take it easy the rest of the day.

Enjoy your weekend and friends and family everyone.

Last edited by Buffy45; 05-25-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #313

Hi everyone..

What a neat dog, Sandy..I'm sure he will be very smart..

We did have fun with Glen and Brenda and cousin Kirk.

Patio party sounded like lots of fun..We need to get our deck furniture uncovered..I miss our old big tree that went through the deck and gave us some shade..

We love our Cindy..What she does works for her, for sure. Sandy can atest to that, too.
Each person has to find the plan that they will follow and that works for them.

Buffy, kitties know that little people aren't to be trusted for some reason. I guess they move too quickly..

Yes, everyone enjoy their weekend..Gary has to mow the farm this afternoon..One hour a way, and it is a lot of mowing. He has to load the mower on the pickup and head north. The man we hired the past few years is very old and very sick..

Have a great day..
Old 05-26-2013, 05:35 AM   #314
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

We're having 30+ people over for a BBQ today - and it's pouring!
It should continue to rain all.day.long!

What was I thinking?!

Carolyn - I didn't know you had a farm?!

Cindy - thanks for your menus! I wish I could eat like you - and be your height too!
And we'll "put up with you" any time!

Debby - a new puppy!!

Buffy - sounds like a great night!! poor kitties! We're keeping Merlin in the kitchen during our party - too many people and too much food!

Sandy - Another puppy!! I had to google the breed - love it!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Yay Debby - so happy for you and getting a new puppy.
Sandy you too for your DS - that sounds so interesting.

Buffy I bet you all are consummate entertainers. It is obvious at least here on these boards that you have a generous heart and spirit. I would totally crash your party (but bring delicious food to soften that blow ).

I admire a person like Cindy - it is obvious she is loved here and that's why I am doing my best to wrestle myself into your group - it's a great group of diversity and knowledge - I am grateful to "know" all of you. Carolyn is indispensable, steady, funny, smart...Sandy & MK the same. So many good hearts here.
Jim has been a fun addition!

I have to say, Cindy, your meal plan sounds so interesting and disciplined. I imagine you are very disciplined.

I worry about Gary having all that farm work. Carolyn did he grow up there? I'm glad you get to have family for your weekend! And congratulations on getting to eat some things off-plan and still having success paring it back down again!
Old 05-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
OH MK!!!! Of course it's pouring all day!
Thinking of abandoning plans and crashing your party so I can meet all 4 kiddos...

I bet it will be full of fun!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #317
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi!
Some exciting developments... We are picking puppy up tomorrow!!! And my dd & dg-kiddo's will take care of her for the month we're gone.

It will save us a bundle to pick her up on this trip. Its a 14 hr drive one way. Picking her up on the way to dd's is going to save us a whole day of back-tracking also. I am so excited!!! And so are all the kiddo's & dd.

We may call her "Molly" if it suits her (when we meet her).

Yesterday we rode for 8 hrs. Not too many "showers", but some. Today will be 6 hrs driving, plus picking up pup. Then we'll be at our dd's home for 2-3 days.

Have a blessed Sunday!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:41 AM   #318
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Hi Ladies,

Wow it has been crazy here. Think we sold the house which means we can start looking for one closer to work. And with a new house we will get serious about a new pooch too.

Weight is stable but I really need to push forward.

Great to hear about new pets above! Igot a crazy week ahead test flying a new biz jet M T then teaching in sim TH W F then back to the sold house where Kate is taking care of biz for us. Glad this WOE is helping me from falling off wagon and eating nasty old carbs.

Cheers everybody hope to be back more regular when life is less crazy!

Jim
jim.b.mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #319
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Darn MK, hope it quits raining before your cookout. I invited people over "if" weather was nice! Judy, no we don't entertain much, DH never wants to even though he seems to enjoy it once company comes, but, he never wants to help get ready and
Of course it is so much easier if both of us do it. I enjoy it more when we can be outside, more room and we,have a big driveway the kids like to play on.

Debbie, your puppy is adorable.

Cindy, you have your diet figured out completely on Whar works well for you

Jim, you are more than busy right now! Glad your house sold.

So thankful that Austin, tx is getting rain, they are in such a drought.

DD #3 is learning about paleo diets. Her DH's cousin lost 50 lbs on it last year and is keeping it off. But, DD and her family just left for a week long trip which includes Disneyland, so will see how she does.

We still have a 30% chance of rain today, then I think clear for a few days. My plants are growing like crazy between the heat and the rain. I have been trying out some new things and have 3 that don't like how they are being treated so not sure what they want, more sun, less sun?

BBL
Old 05-26-2013, 02:06 PM   #320

Hi everyone..

Go, Jim...Yeah on selling your house..I always hated that stress..

I think we are getting rain tomorrow..Dh decided to mow tomorrow and ds will help
him and it will go faster. That is the only farm work they do..LOL..Gary grew up on the farm in Buffalo, KS..It has been in the family for years..We rent out the land for crops and the pasture for cows..

Yeah for DD #3 learning about Paleo..I believe Paleo is a LC diet but more expensive with the grass-fed meats, etc..

We need more puppy pictures...
Old 05-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #321

Happy Memorial Day!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:39 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly is out for her first rest-stop, out of the carrier.. wet from rain. What a mellow trouper she is! Left her mommy & daddy on a motorcycle in a storm & didn't even cry!
You might notice, we picked a different dog. Molly is mellow & will have longish hair, more Australian Shepherd looks, her sister (original pic) will be a very high strung sort-haired border collie... & much too energetic & smart for us!

Last edited by DebbyL; 05-27-2013 at 06:51 AM..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Molly's Motorcycle Ride
Old 05-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #324
Always on, slightly off

It is pouring here! Glad I am on backup call today as there is nothing else to do!!

Debby, I love that you picked her up on a motorcycle. And I'm with you, I want a calm dog!

Jim, yeah on your house sale! I don't know about the Canadian market now but the housing market is tough here due to the economy.

Buffy, that's funny about the cats! My 2 would always hide when there was anyone else in the house.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:14 AM   #325
Big Yapper!!!!

Old 05-27-2013, 12:09 PM   #326

What a sweet little face and Molly is a perfect name for her. You never want a dog smarter than you are..LOL..Yes, border collies are geniuses in the dog world.

Had lunch with my friend at Braums..They have a new strawberry/chicken salad salad..Very good..I got the ranch dressing as I am sure poppyseed is full of sugar.

Lots of laundry done today and putting my winter clothes in the basement, so I can
have room for summer stuff..Some of last year's pants were too big..Yeah, team, and
most are a bit loose, but wearable..

We aren't getting your rain yet, Cindy, but I do believe this week we will get some..
Everything is so green and looks great.

Oh, the Bachelorette starts tonight..LOL..I'm a sucker for that show..
Old 05-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #327
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Debby - love Molly!!! Seems like a great little dog already!

Cindy - It rained during the cookout we had yesterday and all day today! So.tired.of.rain!

Judy - you are a big part of the group with your great sense of humor and amazing compassion!!
And I was waiting for you to crash the party!

Jim - glad you're moving forward!!

Carolyn - getting ready for the cookout was part of my master plan. It means DH HAS to help me clean up from winter both inside and out. Otherwise we might just live in squalor all year long!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:36 AM   #328

LOL..

I liked it when Gary vacuumed upstairs cuz his brother and wife were coming.. MK..LOL.

Exercised...went to the library..Maybe I'll read.

I made a very nommie coffee cake..by I dream of food all day (Carolyn)..Cinnamon/Almond Flour..Good, good, good.

No rain here, just a dreary day, but that's fine..No broiling sun...yet..

Have a great day.

Oh..my friends recommended the book, The Kitchen House, which I am sure you all have read..
Old 05-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #329

I haven't read that. It sounds good from the Amazon write up.
I've spent all morning cleaning up after 4 days of dog-sitting. Dog fur flying everywhere!!

I can't believe I actually weighed less this morning than before the weekend started! We ate something out everyday but usually only ate 2 meals a day. I'll take it though, not complaining, lol.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:59 AM   #330
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Sandy - definitely take it!!
I'm slowly cleaning up after the party. All the recycled cans and bottles have been rinsed and are sitting on the counter.
I still need to vacuum . . . I really just want to watch Longmire and read though.

Carolyn - we're so sneaky, aren't we!
I haven't heard of that book!
One of the desserts at the BBQ was an apple pie baked inside a cake! OMG! And then caramel sauce over the top of it all . . .