Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Dr. Barry Groves passed away..:(

This was on Jimmy's site..

When Oxfordshire Cotswolds native Dr. Barry Groves and his wife Monica decided to start on a low-carb, high-fat diet beginning in 1962, all of his friends and family thought he was crazy. But when this nutritional scientist Ph.D. lost weight and greatly improved his health by eating supposedly-forbidden foods like butter, full fat meats and cheeses and lard while eschewing blood sugar-spiking carbage foods like bread, pasta and rice, Dr. Groves was the one who had the last laugh. It allowed him to live a long and healthy robust life with over a half century of enjoyable low-carb, high-fat living as one of the UK’s strongest advocates for this healthy lifestyle change. Dr. Groves passed away last night, April 29, 2013 at the age of 77.

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #2

This was a post from Jimmy's place. Jason Groves was the poster..So sad for him.

Barry Groves was my Uncle and the sudden death of my father Richard Groves age 75 , 6 days earlier probably didn't help , i'm led to believe both deaths were possibly hereditary as their father died young but both brothers passed suddenly and in our case unexpectedly but peacefully enjoying life until the very end .

Both my father and my Uncle Barry were physically and mentally strong and I believe that was down to their diets of the high fats , proteins and low carbs . I believe in the philosophy as its the only way I can lose weight and feel good in myself and anybody who is sceptical and hasn't tried that way of life need to respect the tragic loss of two great gentlemen who will be sadly missed by all that had the pleasure to meet them .

Somethings in life no matter what we do are simply out of our hands .
Old 06-02-2013, 07:37 AM   #3

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
How nice of him to post. May they both RIP. If you can live a healthy, vibrant life until the very end is what I call perfect. We all will die one day. Hopefully dying without weeks, months and years of sickness beforehand. Which sounds like how Barry and his brother left this world. More shocking for loved ones left behind, but also comforting when they realize they left peacefully and lived life to the fullest until the very end.,
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #4

That is so true, Sandy. My dad died when he was 72 of a heart attack, but he had gone to work that day and lived a full healthy life. We all know peeps that can barely get around and they are our age. C
Old 06-08-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Auntie Em
WOE: VLC-Pastoral
Start Date: Maintenance since 2000
Carolyn, thank you for posting this. Barry Groves was a help and inspiration to so many.

Sandy, what lovely thoughts you wrote. Thank you.
Auntie Em is offline   Reply With Quote