Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: kellyallday
Stats: 238/216/160
WOE: TBD
Start Date: March 2013
Net Carbs

Good morning All,

I have been reading tons on the LCHF way of eating. I have a question, and bear with me if it sounds completely silly:

Regarding the Net Carbs... you subtract the dietary fiber from the carb number, right? Please advise if that is the wrong thing to do. Well.. isn't psyllium pure dietary fiber? Why can't you just do a shot of psyllium in juice (which yeah, would probably be nasty) with a moderate carb food to make it lower carb? IJS..
kellyallday is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 10:00 AM   #2

Gallery: ravenrose
Stats: lost 130 lb so far, and miles to go before I sleep
WOE: low carb controlled calorie
Start Date: June, 2009
you subtract the fiber from the carb count of THAT FOOD. no food has more fiber than carbs, since all fiber is counted as carb.

the only confusion is European labeled foods, which ALREADY subtract the carbs.

If you see a food that seems "too good to be true" it probably is. there is no such thing as a free lunch with this stuff! good luck.
ravenrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Lindsey29
Hi there I'm wondering if anyone could help me?! After many diets , from a low calorie to a low fat, lemon detox and liptotrim diet I seem to fail on all of these diets! I'm unsure of the reason why maybe no will power, or lack of interest. The only diet that seems to be successful is a low carb diet, I don't want to go on a no carb diet because I think this would be quite hard for me too do not to mention the cost. Anyway, can anyone tell me what vegetables and salad I can eat, usually for dinner I have a grilled chicken with either veg which consists of a frozen bag of mixed veg maybe for lunch tuna steak and veg again mixed veg or if I have chicken I will have cabbage etc that, I know this is all good for you but I want to keep my set lowest carb as I possibly can! So is tomatoes, cucumber, lettuce, peppers, onion low carb as I seem to be reading it's not. Anyone replies would be really appreciated. Many thanks Lindsey, oh and how much weight would I lose in a month if I stuck to a strict diet, thank you
Lindsey29 is offline   Reply With Quote