Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 03:17 PM   #211
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Sharon, don't give up. Just keep hanging out and you never know when something will click and off you'll go. I know that's the way I am a lot of the time. We don't judge around here. I think you can see that by now. If so, I'd be out on my kiester for sure! Lol.

Buffy, so happy to hear you're feeling better. How fun to have the little ones around. But such a relief when they go home too.

MK, I need to do some of that weeding and picking up sticks myself. Especially after today. It's been so WINDY!!! Limbs are down in a lot of our neighbors' yards.

Judy, how are the new mommas-to-be doing? When are they due???

Carolyn, so far so good on DH with the Met. It's only been 2 days of course, but I was so afraid he'd have tummy problems or acid reflux problems right off the bat. Keeping my fingers crossed that he escapes all that.

Cindy, I bet you're enjoying the outdoors today, although the wind makes it kind of uncomfortable.

I slept late this a.m. and DH slept even later so we didn't go to mass until noon and then the rest of the day flew by!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT

Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I've been digging weeds out of the landscaping and picking up sticks.
Spring.
Joy.
Oh yes, I also picked up sticks in the back yard today,
Old 04-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh you industrious friends!!

Our darlings are both due in October. Both are through the first trimester - both have seen the babies active and dancing around during ultrasounds - it all seems good right now.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:57 PM   #214

So exciting to have 2 new little ones to look forward to!! The holidays will be extra special this year!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #215

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I should be picking up sticks, too..My mom always said it is good for the waistline..

Oh, Sandy..I didn't realize how ill your dgd was..Praying that she will see continued
success with the therapy..She is so lucky to have a loving family and grandma..

Oh..October is a great time for babies to be born..It will still be hot down in OK, but a tad bit cooler for that last month or so..How fun for both moms to have babies close
together to share ideas/concerns, etc.

Gotta hop in the shower and get dressed and pick up 2 ladies for Bible Study..Dinner out with some ladies tonight at Eggberts..(whoppee)..They do have good hamburgers, though..

Catch you all later...

Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 AM   #216

It's Cindy's birthday today...

Is she 21 yet???
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Is she 21 yet???
Cindy!!
Please don't "overdo" if you have indeed attained the age of 21.

Otherwise, I trust you to have all the fun you can have!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:26 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Carolyn I don't envy many and I don't envy much....but I really enjoy hearing about your life in the day-to-day.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:29 AM   #219
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:

Is she 21 yet???
22 but whose counting!! Pres. Lincoln was assassinated today, the Titanic sunk, it is tax day and to top it off, North Korea said they would launch missiles today in honor of my birthday!

Sandy, we celebrated the weather yesterday by mowing! Glad I didn't jump the gun by planting anything. It still is dipping to freezing this week.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 AM   #220

Happy Birthday Cindy!!! Wow, you share some real excitement on your b-day, but I do hope N. Korea reneges on sharing with you.
And yes, the urge to plant is always so strong at this time of year and I believe May 7 or 10th is the day I think most experts say is safe.
Enjoy your day!

Carolyn, enjoy your day and evening. Busy-ness is good for the waistline too. At least for me it is.

I have that funeral of my DGD's friend's mother this morning. I know that will be very sad. And it's rainy.

Whittling off my b-day celebrating a sliver at a time, grrrr.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:06 AM   #221

Hi gals and Jim (where are you, Jim?) I guess Jim doesn't know he has to report in
every day or so to make sure he is on task..LOL..

Just finished a California burger from Braum's..No bun, of course..It should keep me full
until dinner...LOL..

I think I am claiming the Window Plan..138-142. I will tell my doctor in a week or so.
When I was down to 140, I was upset about Alex and not eating too well or too much.
I'm happier now and weigh 142.. and I look okay, too.

Gosh, when is N. Korea going to send something over here? Remember the Cuban Crisis..I was in 6th grade..That was scary, too..

Sad to have a young mom die...very, very sad...
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #222
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Hi all!

been working like a crazy man teaching in the simulator. I got on the scale today I'm up 3 lbs not going to get down about it.

But the really awesome news is my wife is on this with me and she is kicking butt.

200...........down to 170. I am blown away!

I'm tired and dragging my tail from work so not surprised no weight loss.

Have a great week everybody I will prevail.

Thoughts and prayers to the folks in Boston killed and maimed by a cowardly bomber.

Also thoughts and prayers to the family and friends of the Navy Seal killed in a training accident over the weekend.

Ciao...........Jim
Old 04-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #223
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Our darlings are both due in October. Both are through the first trimester - both have seen the babies active and dancing around during ultrasounds - it all seems good right now.

Wonderful news!!!

Quote:

Is she 21 yet???
Cindy!!!

Jim - congrats to your wife!!! And you'll kick it, not to worry!

Carolyn - Yum - now I want a burger!

Sandy - hope you survived the funeral! So sad!

Buffy - if I would have known, I'd had let you pick up my sticks too!
I'm sure there will be more after this round of storms!

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 04-15-2013 at 04:01 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #224
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Praying for those injured, traumatized & grieving families.

Wow Jim, your wife rocks! Better get moving, hey? Amazingly, when you're tired & do a bit of a walk or work-out you will feel even better! The potion of motion is good for you! (preaching at/reminding myself too!)

Hope you all are safe & have a peaceful night
Old 04-15-2013, 05:37 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Hang in there, Jim - you'll get it right.
(send our congrats to your wife!!)

Debby is a good exerciser! So are Carolyn and Mary Kay. Sandy is for all I know but now I'm jumping off into areas unknown because I've slept since I was told who all works out a lot. And I'll have to be retrained.

I will be swimming tomorrow and glad of it!
Then cook a little for DD's 33rd birthday.

I asked her if she'd be satisfied with the menu I gave her as this was her last birthday where she wouldn't have to compete to blow out her own candles and open her own gifts. Then I reminded her I was talking about the baby and not ME.
Not cool to laugh at your own jokes, I know...
Old 04-15-2013, 07:04 PM   #226
Big Yapper!!!!

I will laugh with you Judy!

Cindy, to you and my DH. We went out for a couple of cocktails and split an order of sliders for dinner.

Ran errands today and picked up some more things to plant, so good to feel "me" again, I get very tired quickly but can tell I have really turned the corner.

Jim, it sure helps when you and your spouse can do the same WOE. Stick with it and it will kick in. The one good thing is that ketosis sets in and your appetite really drops.

Everyone sounds busy which is good

Judy, October will be hers soon and what a change foe all of you
Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Buffy - you and I are thinking alike.
Nothing will be the same (in a good way!).

After last years' loss, I am just so happy both are still pregnant and everything seems fine!
Old 04-16-2013, 04:41 AM   #228

Hi

Nice to see you , Jim. A few more tweaks and you will on the way down like your sweet wife!! Good for her.

We have a mouse in the house. Alex has been entertained and frustrated. He got ahold of him last night, but he slipped through his paws--no claws. Getting some de- con today and hiding it under the stove/sink, etc.

Will catch you all later on the outer when I have my mouse-proof shoes
On. I need Shelby!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #229
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Doesn't the mouse know it is spring time and he should be headed outside, not trying to get into your house, or maybe he is???

DH said we are supposed to get rain today and tomorrow possibly. Hope it is a gentle rain and not a storm.

My DD and DSIL have both ran in the Boston marathon, he usually still does. Did not participate this year and I am so thankful as DD and the kids would have been hanging out at the area that was bombed. What a sorry state our world is in with people constantly trying to hurt and kill others. So sad.

Got up this morning and my fridge was making this very odd noise, I gave it the usual "whop" but it didn't stop and this is a different sound than the vibrating one that responds to the "whop". Hmmm, would love a new fridge but hate to buy one if we don't have to, what I would like to get today is pretty pricey.

Finally made it to buy groceries yesterday but since I was on my way to meet DH for dinner, I still did not buy the frozen things on my list, so sometime this week......

Kind of back to my normal schedule for the next couple of weeks although I know it will wear me out. Wed. I will take Grant for his allergy shot, then I have dinner club. Friday is special friends day at Bobby's school and then going from there to Austin with DD#3 and her family where Grant has a baseball tournament this weekend and I can visit with DS and family, AND, get my hair TRIMMED. Hasn't been cut since November so it really needs it. Then, the following Thurs. my oldest DD is arriving for a nice long weekend.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi

Nice to see you , Jim. A few more tweaks and you will on the way down like your sweet wife!! Good for her.

We have a mouse in the house. Alex has been entertained and frustrated. He got ahold of him last night, but he slipped through his paws--no claws. Getting some de- con today and hiding it under the stove/sink, etc.

Will catch you all later on the outer when I have my mouse-proof shoes
On. I need Shelby!!!
Yes you do need Shelby!! But she'd probably enjoy chasing your kitty too much.
Bad mouse!!

Buffy so glad you're feeling better! What a long road you've had to travel.

Hope everyone has a marvelous day!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #231

Hi ladies and Jim..

Got my D-Con and the little checkout lady had a "mouse" story, too..LOL..

I lived in Boston years ago and my friend had an apartment by that area around BCollege. What an evil person to do such a thing..Prayers for the families of loved ones lost and injured..Can you imagine even losing a limb? Not to mention your life..
So glad your kids didn't go this year, Buffy..

We are having our final Bible Study and of course, it involves food..wonderful food these ladies make. I made that 4 layer dessert with SF butterscotch pudding..There are some
diabetics in our group..But, most of them take the Sugared stuff, too..

I need a grandchild..(Just sayin')..I never say anything in front of my dd..ever..never..ever..They would make great parents. But, I do get to hug the little ones in the nursery, so that helps..

Making a pot roast for dinner tonight in the crockpot. It is an arm roast and looked pretty good..

Hugs all around..
Old 04-16-2013, 08:34 AM   #232

Debby, I would have to lock Alex up when Shelby does her "mousing"..We could work it out..LOL..
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

HA HA! I am loving the Shelby exchange... Debby be sure and tell her how popular she is right now!

I saw some of the pictures I shouldn't have seen from the Boston bombing. You can't "unsee" some things... Buffy I agree with Carolyn - what a blessing your family wasn't at the marathon this time.

Carolyn I am sure you would be THE perfect grandmother. Your DD thinks she would have time with her own child - doesn't she know you? She'd have to visit you to see her darling child!

Buffy your normal schedule IS exhausting! However energetic you felt before all this High BP and occipital neuralgia (did I get that right?) you were going 100 mph!!

Making a half-portion of the Chicken Lady's Carrot Cake for DD's 33rd bday today - dinner at our house tonight. DH will smoke ribs (we're on a health kick! ) and I'll make cauli-mash in advance and right before they come I'll stink up the house with Brussels sprouts - roasted and finished with balsamic vinegar.

I keep looking at biscuit recipes and I might make some biscuits (LC GF) to add to the decadence.

DH also smoked (kinda) a brisket yesterday. We have a wonderful neighbor, actually a friend of my parents', who lives a few houses away in our neighborhood. She's having her Sunday school class over in May for a luncheon and asked DH to smoke a brisket.

We used the method of covering the brisket with kosher salt, garlic powder and onion powder and letting it sit for 24 hrs. in the fridge. We washed it off, dried it, and added a little lemon-pepper marinade. DH put it on the Hasty Bake (it's a grill made in Tulsa) and let it smoke for about 2-1/2 hours, in a big pan where he'd added beef broth.

Then it was covered with aluminum foil, put in our oven at 225 for about 5 hours.
It's so tender and quite tasty. Full disclosure: We haven't cut off the fat yet! We will, we will.... most people don't appreciate it. But we'll give some to our neighbor to see what she thinks, and to my mom, and probably some tonight at the birthday dinner.

I hope someone else can get a word in edge-wise...
Old 04-16-2013, 10:14 AM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

I am told by my library that I may go pick up the DVD of Gosford Park.
Can't remember which of you recommended that, but I'm looking forward to it!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:53 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!

If I remember right, Shelby probably learned the mouse killing skills from Mom Debbie
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, Carolyn will make a wonderful grandmother. Does Beth ever say if they would like to have children? I am like you, I never say anything, just let nature take it's course. I don't want to be one of those mothers who is always embarrassing their kids by announcing to the world, in front of them, that she sure wishes someone would make her a grandmother, or give her more grandchildren, be careful what you wish for in this day and age. Lots of grandparent's raising little ones and I sure would not want that. Spend part of my life living with some grandparents and it was not good, for them, or for us. OTOH, I see grandparents who are so completely involved that they practically take over and one of my acquaintances is now practically raising her great grandchildren and she is younger than I am, but not by too much.
Judy, if you think I had energy when we met, you should have known me back in the day , I had no idea how lucky I was to have the energy I had then, I had trouble even sleeping at all and often hit the bed, just anxious to get to sleep and wake up so I could continue on with whatever I was obsessed with doing at that time. OCD seems to spur energy, or at least spurts of it.

MK, we are due for some strong storms tomorrow night, so come by on Thursday and we will pick up more sticks! Or, we will have Debbie join us and hope that Shelby thinks picking up sticks is a fun game. We have lovely big trees in our back yard which makes it pretty and shady, but oh my, the sticks, and there is some kind of thing that the trees drop this time of year, gets so bad it just covers the ground, then about mid summer they drop some type of sticky stuff and then in the fall it is pecans. Messy ole pretty trees. The nuts bring the squirrels though and it is fun to watch them chase and play.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:36 PM   #237

Do cats not eat dead mice they find? Bailey is a good mouser too but I think she'd eat any dead ones she found as well so I'm afraid to use De-con. Lately she's been acting like there's a huge critter outside at night and ferociously wants outside to "get it". Well, the other night I actually saw this critter and it was a teeny tiny mouse. It was up on our deck, trying to eat dropped bird seed I'd say and Bailey wanted it gone! I've always said she's half cat anyway. She uses her paws like a cat and licks her paws and washes her face all the time. It's very cute.

I've had a burst of energy lately so I'm taking advantage of it and doing some deep spring cleaning before it wears off, lol. I've rejoined the Flylady thread to help me focus on which direction to start in.

I need to rewatch Gosford Park. I don't remember if I liked it or not but I do remember seeing it. I'm really enjoying Midwife and Selfridge right now.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:52 PM   #238

Hi everyone..

DD is 31 and they have been married 11 years..She is a career woman right now, but do think someday a little one will come along.

I know about the D-Con, but Alex would never eat anything he catches..You have to chew mice..alot..I know what you mean about the D-Con..Maybe when Bailey was a tiny baby, a mother cat helped raise him until he came to his forever home.

I think we are getting storms tomorrow, too..Have to check the interwebs.

Need to order some Quest Bars for ds's breakfast..

I'm in the middle of a Prime Suspect on Nexflix..But, Gosford needs to be on my list for sure..

Luncheon was great.. No dinner for me tonight..Everyone liked the Butterscotch Layered Dessert..SF..
Old 04-16-2013, 01:01 PM   #239

Well, we got Bailey the day she turned 6 weeks old and up to that time she was surrounded by her momma, daddy and 5 siblings. It was on a farm though, so I suppose there were probably cats around too, lol.
It's hard to believe she just turned 9!!! This year she and I are the same age if you count her age in dog years, lol.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK... here's how it's done!

Good dog!
Closed Thread