Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Sorry, MK, I've always thought you lived in St Louis for some reason?? Lol. Oh well, wrong again. At least I was half right, lol.

Glad you're home Judy, safe and sound. Quite a whirlwind trip!

I agree, N. Korea is getting scary.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2013, 04:53 AM   #182

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies

Dh was driving around Boston and took a picture of where I used to work. I'll try to post it once I get on the computer. It is on the waterfront. Dh went out for clam chowder and he said it wasn't as good as Red Lobster. Lol.

Looks like a nice day but a bit chilly.

Glad you are home, Judy. I haven't watched the news lately either but there is a nut in charge of N Korea for sure.

Alex is too spoiled I think. When he thinks it is time for me to get up, he comes in and meows. Doesn't want food just a lap to sleep on. What is wrong with this picture???

Hugs all around.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:05 AM   #183

DH went to my new GP Dr yesterday and he loved him too!!! So finally we have a true "family" dr. I think it's probably been 25 years since we had one that we both went to. Anyway, the Dr was impressed with DH's record keeping and his progress. He said he was doing all the right things and that he thought metformin would help him go the final distance with his BS and his weight. He also told him that the great thing about metformin is it won't let your BS get too low, so no worry! But when he went to pick up the meds the pharmacy didn't have it. They said he wrote it differently somehow and they have to check back with the Dr today before they can fill it. Grrrr. Of course, DH is anxious to get started on it. I sure hope it does the trick!

Carolyn, sounds like I'd be sleeping with my door shut! Lol.

Cold and gloomy here so far today too. I have ONE more B-day lunch today and then I think it's finally OVER for another year, lol. And let me tell you, those celebrations are showing up on my scale. I'm not going any place dangerous for lunch but who knows where DH might want to go tonight. I'm still hoping I can talk him into eating at home.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 04-12-2013, 07:04 AM   #184
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn I'm with Sandy! And since it's not happening to me, I think it's so funny (and I admit, I think it's cute, too!) that Alex loves you so much he needs your lap.

Knowing cats, though, closing the door would only result in numerous paws at the door, under the door, battering the door.... they are resourceful, LOL!

Sandy, happy for your DH's doc prescribing metformin AND appreciating what you all have done so far.

My mother's new primary care doc said he wanted her to have another thyroid panel after she reported ALWAYS feeling cold. He said sometimes doctors just looked at the TSH, etc.... (stuff we already know). Thank goodness for some bright shining lights!

Sandy, if I've already said happy birthday, just know I have a short memory, but it seems like I owe you a !

Debby that moose in the Safeway would send me scrambling for an alternate exit. So scary! But I do thank you for posting that picture!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:18 AM   #185

Oh Judy, I'm sure you wished me a happy b-day a long time ago. This b-day has been going on since my actual b-day 2 weeks ago!! But thank you, just the same. You're such a sweetie!

And yes, it's so nice to find at least a few Drs. who are finally seeming to get it!!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:16 AM   #186

Hi ladies..

Did your dh get the Extended Release met? Sometimes the other one has some side effects, but not the ER..It is great...I think it will help your dh immensely once he
finds the correct dosage for him. I take 2 500's in the a.m. and 1 500 with dinner.

Well, since Alex is a special needs kitty lately, I keep the door open, but I have done that in the past and might have to do that as soon as he gets regulated..LOL..which is happening nicely.

Dh was supposed to fly to DC, but it was closed, so they flew to PA instead..Eventually he will get home..

It is nice to see the sun even though it is a bit chilly...

Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #187

He asked for the ER type; we'll see what he ends up with after the pharmacy talks with his dr about why they didn't fill the scrip last night? He said he wasn't going to pick it up if it wasn't ER type.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:32 PM   #188
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies

Alex is too spoiled I think. When he thinks it is time for me to get up, he comes in and meows. Doesn't want food just a lap to sleep on. What is wrong with this picture???

Hugs all around.
Rosemary (God rest her baby soul ) when she was really old, would stretch up and tap us on whatever was hanging close to the edge of the bed so we would reach over and lift her into bed, even though there was a step setup at the end of the bed. If one of us didn't respond quick enough, she would go around to the other side of the bed.
Old 04-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #189
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Quick check in to say Hi.

Dd 3 and Grant are staying with me for a few days, my SiL has 6 buddies from back home here for a long weekend, so they are here to free up sleeping spaces. And, one of their cats is visiting as well

Wow, everyone has been busy. Seems I have been too but not too much seems to have gotten done.

DGS and I did go to the movie 42 today and we both really liked it.

Been doing planters for my patio, my back gives out quickly but getting some pretty containers filled. Planted 2 mosquito plants today, will see if they help ward them off.

I have always taken the metformin ER and still had tummy and bathroom issues, took a long time to adjust and I still have to take Imodium daily but it is worth it.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #190

Little Rosemary...so sweet..

LOL..Buffy, I never have bathroom issues that way..Sometimes I wish I would..LOL..
I was askeered to try it, but it doesn't bother me, thank God.

Have fun with your kiddos...

Gary got home after a fashion and between thunderstorms..Lightening hit the plane going into Philly, so they couldn't take off again..Gary was wondering what that flash was..EEEKK..Then they lost his luggage, but it came on the next flight, so that was good.

I think 42 would be a good, clean movie..

Time for bed..Have to check blood sugar at 3 a.m. Gosh, the old boy went 18 hours between shots, but you never know, it is not consistent..(YET)..
Old 04-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #191

Wow, Alex is responding so well. I'm so happy for both of you.
I'm glad Gary got home safely too. I'm a white knuckle flier so I probably, would've fainted from pure relief or exhaustion when I landed.

Danger signs this a.m. My weight went "out the window" so now I have to stop playing around and get it back in control. That's the part I hate the most about drawn out birthday celebrating. And it's all my fault, I can't blame anybody else. I just start playing too loose and it catches up with me. Thankfully, I know how to fix it. I just have to do it. Now!!!

DH finally got his scrip. It is met ER, 500 mg in the a.m. only. I hope that helps him. And I really hope he doesn't have issues and will be able to take it.

Have a wonderful day everybody!
Old 04-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #192

Hi gang..

They start you out with 500 ER in the a.m. and then it takes about a month to see the benefits, I believe. Hopefully, he will see a difference, if not, it is very easy to increase
and metformin has tons of health benefits..My LC doctor thinks it is great..

I might be out the window, too..Mexican lunch with ds..No dinner for me tonight for sure. I know how to fix it, too...My LC doctor isn't perfect, either..When she has a celebration, she gets right back on track the next couple of days, and her weight goes
back to pre-celebration weight..

I'm starting to knit a baby blanket for my friend, Rebecca..(Ds's highschool gf who is now married to Nathaniel who is working where Brett works). She is due with #2 in June. Then, the real fun begins...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #193

I decided I had better put my Alex in my avatar as he is being such a wonderful kitty when I stick him in the ear to measure his blood..I have done this hundreds of times and very rarely does he give me a hard time..

However, this picture does look like he is giving me the "stink eye" for some unknown reason..LOL
Old 04-13-2013, 12:08 PM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning all!

Hope you're having a good one... here's some pics...

Camera+ ~ photos by Debrdave

Shelby's fun morning play in the new 3" snow this morning...
Old 04-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #195

Shelby is all grown up.. So cute.. No snow here...yet.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #196

Cute pics Debby! Shelby is growing up so fast!

Great pic of Alex too. Beware the stink eye!

I'm fixing tacos for my DS's family tonight. That means I'll get to see my DGD14 who's in that treatment program I told you all about. She doesn't have therapy on weekends but they told her they want her to stay active and busy and get out and about as much as she can. So we are the lucky peeps she chose to be active with! I'm excited to see her! And the rest of the family too. But I haven't seen her in quite a while, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:58 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great pics Debby! Shelby looks great - like a handful - but a fun handful! The snow is beautiful.

Carolyn I like seeing Alex - and how great he's going so long between injections. He must know you are helping him and that's why he rarely gives any trouble. Sweet kitty.

Sandy I'm excited to hear your DGD14's coming for dinner! Let us know how she is doing - maybe it's too soon to know with the new treatment. I think we're all interested, though, in news for her. Just make sure all of it is good news!

My mother, SS (skinny sister) and I went to Bustani Plant farm in Stillwater, OK today. I got only a few plants. We don't have a sprinkler system, so the hot summers tend to burn up most of my annuals. I got a few perennials to see how they would do... And a couple of things to put in pots.

Last edited by JMCM1; 04-13-2013 at 04:59 PM..
Old 04-13-2013, 05:24 PM   #198

Oh, Sandy..praying those treatments are working...Let us know.

No sprinkler system here..just me when I remember..LOL..My perennials look great in the early spring. I have a black thumb..

Old 04-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #199
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Good morning all!

Hope you're having a good one... here's some pics...

Camera+ ~ photos by Debrdave

Shelby's fun morning play in the new 3" snow this morning...

Ok, so maybe I'll stay here (North Korea isn't that scary) because it will be 72 degrees here tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Ok, so maybe I'll stay here (North Korea isn't that scary) because it will be 72 degrees here tomorrow!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:20 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep, people around here are getting pretty fed up about the snow... I just keep laughing.

Yes Judy, you got that right! DH took Shelby for a walk today & she caught & killed a mouse in the snow... he felt sorry for the mouse! (not me)!!
Old 04-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yep, people around here are getting pretty fed up about the snow... I just keep laughing.

Yes Judy, you got that right! DH took Shelby for a walk today & she caught & killed a mouse in the snow... he felt sorry for the mouse! (not me)!!
Since I didn't have to view it, I'm with YOU!
I do not want them near my house and Shelby is now elevated to Princess Shelby for catching and killing vermin! (sorry any mouse-lovers... )
Old 04-13-2013, 06:39 PM   #203

Well, it was great to see my DGD but shocking as well. We handled it pretty well, I think. She doesn't like it when people look at her or say things about her illness. She has had some progress this week already but has a very long way to go. She is walking by herself but is very jerky and slow. She can't stand up straight at all and so she bends over from the waist and tries to balance with her arms. It looks like sometimes her joints lock up and during therapy the other day she had a lot of conversion. I didn't know what that was but my DS said it's like muscle spasms that sometimes last a long time. It really is sad to see but we are so thankful for the therapy and the progress she's already shown. Last week she couldn't walk at all by herself. She hates to go out in public because people stare and actually come up and ask my DIL all kinds of questions, right in front of DGD. She sure enjoyed the taco dinner so that was a plus. And I made some SF fresh limeade that she loved too. We had a good few hours visiting after dinner and she showed me all her pins on pinterest and talked about her favorite movies and books, so hopefully it took her mind off of it all for at least a little bit. I can't even imagine what she's going through.

Again, I thank you all for your prayers and support and ask that you continue to pray for her that she has a full, complete recovery from all of this.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Since I didn't have to view it, I'm with YOU!
I do not want them near my house and Shelby is now elevated to Princess Shelby for catching and killing vermin! (sorry any mouse-lovers... )
Yep! We be sista's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Well, it was great to see my DGD but shocking as well. We handled it pretty well, I think. She doesn't like it when people look at her or say things about her illness. She has had some progress this week already but has a very long way to go. She is walking by herself but is very jerky and slow. She can't stand up straight at all and so she bends over from the waist and tries to balance with her arms. It looks like sometimes her joints lock up and during therapy the other day she had a lot of conversion. I didn't know what that was but my DS said it's like muscle spasms that sometimes last a long time. It really is sad to see but we are so thankful for the therapy and the progress she's already shown. Last week she couldn't walk at all by herself. She hates to go out in public because people stare and actually come up and ask my DIL all kinds of questions, right in front of DGD. She sure enjoyed the taco dinner so that was a plus. And I made some SF fresh limeade that she loved too. We had a good few hours visiting after dinner and she showed me all her pins on pinterest and talked about her favorite movies and books, so hopefully it took her mind off of it all for at least a little bit. I can't even imagine what she's going through.

Again, I thank you all for your prayers and support and ask that you continue to pray for her that she has a full, complete recovery from all of this.
That sounds like a wonderful time for her with you. Praying for complete recovery for her. Oh the lessons of life she's having to learn!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

Well, of course this made me cry.
I can't imagine what she's going through either.

She could have NO physical problems and still be embarrassed with every movement she makes. I am so sorry we humans are so ridiculously ignorant about the feelings of others. I am astounded anyone would go to her mother and ask questions in front of your DGD. Ugh. It almost sounds cerebral-palsy-ish. No control of muscles - but her therapy is helping, thank God.

HOWEVER - I am going to leave this feeling grateful and happy she's made some success in a short time! And she chose to share time with you and show you her interests. That is lovely.

Thank you for catching us up!
(many many continued prayers for DGD and all of her family - including you! )
Old 04-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #206
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Sandy - DGD is being so brave! And I agree she shouldn't have to go out in public if she doesn't want to!!

Debby - I don't envy your snow (it's 70 today!) but love Shelby!!
Old 04-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #207
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning I'm sorry being such a lurker here lately. There is just nothing that interesting going on in my part of the woods. Diet is sucking right now and am trying to find my sweet spot before it's too late for any type of success. I love reading about all the happenings. I wish you all well. Just know that I'm here in the mist fighting the battle.

Take care and have a lovely Sunday.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:47 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Never too late Sharon.
It is indeed such a battle. So glad you checked in!
Old 04-14-2013, 02:48 PM   #209
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Happy weekend everyone!

Sandy, thanks for updating us on your DGD, wow, what a burden for all of you, hope for great progress for her.

We had Bobby and Ava stay all night, really enjoyed them and our weather was perfect so we had some fun outside too.

Judy, sounds like your trip went well.

Nothing too exciting going on here, just nice to be feeling better all around.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #210
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I've been digging weeds out of the landscaping and picking up sticks.
Spring.
Joy.
Closed Thread