Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 07:59 AM   #91
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Thanks for my morning laugh Judy, the Oriole's showing no appreciation for their own special feeder you bought, we keep trying to think that animals think like humans, LOL. Dh and I are pathetic, we bring home a new cat toy, or perch or something, then sit around it and wait, holding our breath, to see if any of our 4 spoiled rotten cats deems it worthy to even stop and sniff at!

Thanks for all the kind thoughts on my never ending saga with the headaches, I did take a zyrtec yesterday and it helped so party allergy related. My nerve block for the occipital neuralgia seems to be wearing off and I see the neurologist next week again, not sure how often or how many times I can have one of those. But, gang, in general, I am feeling better, I am clear off of the beta blocker which I had narrowed it down to as causing a lot of problems. So, making progress here.

Actually, for our WOE, dark chocolate is probably a better choice than fruit for us, hard to believe. I love fruit but actually believe that a person doesn't need it, LC veggies can fill that same need.

To me, spring, summer and fall were always times when it was easier to either control weight or lose weight, more active and winter just makes me want to curl up in my house and eat carbs!

Supposed to stay sunny here today and get up to 70 degrees. I have 3 new plants I bought last weekend that I want to get out and plant today.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
You have made my day so much happier by your checking in, Buffy!!!

Oh, and thinking I have a good story - that didn't hurt a bit.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #93
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

I love to watch the birds..Need more seed..Dh thinks they should fend for themselves in the spring, but it provides lots of entertainment for Alex..so it is worth it. Keeps his senior citizen cat mind working..

Jim: Wow..that is a big plane..We are excited for you and your weight loss..Men lose faster than women, but that is okay.

I made a flourless cake to put in my Brownie Torte for a Going Away Party for some church friends. It was Maria's recipe and I will take a corner before I crumble the rest up in the pudding/Cool Whip..

Ds had the tummy bug, but went to work today. Dh texted me to say he wasn't 100 percent, but had a project to work on, so he was there..

Dc (Alex) is having a good run today..I am ever hopeful that he will kick the insulin habit. The longer the runs (between insulin shots), the more his pancreas is helping out, which is a great thing..

Old 04-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn do DS & DH have a similar stomach bug?? Sorry!

Sorrier for myself I am missing one of the remaining 3 corners of the Brownie Torte. You have lucky friends...

And congrats on Alex doing better and better. He has hired such excellent staff.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #95

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Judy, I love your oriole story too. I've seen ONE in my whole life and it was about 2 years ago right outside my window on my hummingbird feeder. I was on the phone with a friend and I scared her to death with my reaction to seeing this beautiful bird. I too ran out and bought it it's own feeder PLUS fresh oranges cut in half and stuck on the fence poles. That stinker has never returned to this day. And I'm sorry it hasn't b/c it is a beautiful bird. On a good note, we do have 2 pairs of lovely bluebirds that finally decided to move to our yard and they come to the heated birdbath every day. Along with the cardinals, robins, purple and yellow finches, wrens and all the regular boring birds. My DH won't let them fend for themselves ever either. He enjoys watching them too much.

I made a little pineapple upside down cake this a.m. with the BTF. I just tasted a corner of it and it's good. I'm hoping to freeze most of it and take some to my DD's house Sunday when she makes my birthday dinner. She's making me a key lime pie but I at least want a SF option for my DH just in case he wants to be good, lol.

I recv'd good news today. Our new insurance is going to still cover my monthly cocktail shot, minus one ingredient, and they'll cover that ingredient in a compounded cream. So maybe this change won't be a difficult as we're all afraid it's going to be. And I'm getting a complete blood workup Wed. just to see where I'm at with everything at this point. And I just made my eye exam appt too. I guess it's that 63K mile tune-up time, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 04-05-2013, 11:47 AM   #96
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

MK I think you are already so tiny - how would you know??

And this is why i love you!

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but between going to the gym and walking outside (It's finally getting warm!!!!! ) I keep forgetting to get on the computer!!!
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #97

Oh...Sandy..you need to share how you made that pineapple upside down cake (which we know you are famous for)..

Doing my good deed for the day..Take 3 little old ladies to the Going Away Party. The house is literally in the woods and it will be nighttime when we leave, so picking them up. I really should vacuum my car out, but it will be dark..LOL..

Ds is better..I texted him. We worry about our kids, no matter how old they are, right???
Old 04-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Oh...Sandy..you need to share how you made that pineapple upside down cake (which we know you are famous for)..

Doing my good deed for the day..Take 3 little old ladies to the Going Away Party. The house is literally in the woods and it will be nighttime when we leave, so picking them up. I really should vacuum my car out, but it will be dark..LOL..

Ds is better..I texted him. We worry about our kids, no matter how old they are, right???
Carolyn you are good to your friends and church people. What a dear heart you are!
And I think we might worry about our kids more when they are OUT of our house! At least when mine are home I can smother them to health!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
What did you add? You can call me curious or nosey - both will work!

In 1/4 cup, my bag of almond flour has
160 calories
14g fat
3g carbs (NET)
6g protein

Almond flour and coconut flour and now (I'm getting used to it) Lupin flour have made so many formerly off-limits baked goods for me. Even just everyday breads - which I find I rarely reach for anymore - but I can have a hamburger bun if I want. Or I can have a biscuit with dinner or for breakfast. Just amazing to me and I know that's really kept me on track.

Taxes definitely were the cause of the hunger!!!!

Sharon I forgot to comment on your oriole. We lived at Grand Lake O'The Cherokees in Oklahoma for a couple of years and that was the first time I saw an oriole in real life - and the last.

I had to look it up in a bird book the color was so startling! They were eating from our hummingbird feeder, then I ran out and bought an oriole feeder (which they showed no special appreciation at all! ).
Thanks for that break-down Judy. I can see pancakes in my future! But I gotta remember to buy some!
Carbs I added apples & blueberries. (is that what you meant)? Oh, and sweet-potato fries one day... a few tortilla chips another day... but it very well could have been the taxes (that & dh is working late every night this week).

Buffy glad you're getting your meds cut back.

Sandy, that's good that you're getting your big check-over.

My wrist has been really hurting for the last 2 weeks, thought it was just my hypothyroid pains... but I noticed a week ago that a tendon is actually going out of line in my thumb. So, I was going to see my Dr. today... turned out they were closed. Oh well... Keeping it in a wrist brace, see if it gets better & go in next week.

I'm really enjoying eating some of my forbidden foods... eating eggs, dairy & even bacon.

See you all later!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
My wrist has been really hurting for the last 2 weeks, thought it was just my hypothyroid pains... but I noticed a week ago that a tendon is actually going out of line in my thumb. So, I was going to see my Dr. today... turned out they were closed. Oh well... Keeping it in a wrist brace, see if it gets better & go in next week.
Stop doing all those cartwheels!!

Quote:
I'm really enjoying eating some of my forbidden foods... eating eggs, dairy & even bacon.
WHAT??
I didn't know it was voluntary!! I thought it was an allergy!
Gosh if you've been off dairy - maybe that's the culprit?
I hope not.
I had bacon for breakfast this morning!
Old 04-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Naturopath told me I'm intolerant to dairy & eggs, and also nitrates. I figured I'd just go for it with this experiment... also salting my food, since water-retention seems to be haunting me without the salt, might as well use this time to put it back in my diet (as my Dr advises I should). I also read that salt helps regulate water in the body, so being on EFGT I'll be losing water wt anyway... good time to add salt (least that's my figuring).
Old 04-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Naturopath told me I'm intolerant to dairy & eggs, and also nitrates. I figured I'd just go for it with this experiment... also salting my food, since water-retention seems to be haunting me without the salt, might as well use this time to put it back in my diet (as my Dr advises I should). I also read that salt helps regulate water in the body, so being on EFGT I'll be losing water wt anyway... good time to add salt (least that's my figuring).
WOW - odd to hear a doctor who "gets it" enough to have you adding salt - that's my understanding, too. In fact when Buffy was powering through EFGT her salt tested low and she was eating salty broth every day (nearly).
Good on you, Debby! Hope it all works out well....
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 PM   #103
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Hello ladies I hope everybody has had a great week and Buffy hope the headaches gone!

Debby I do try to bring food on the road or I should say that is my plan now as airplane food tends to be pretty low quality.

I do have a funny story to tell and anyone who saw my claim of 1200 cals a day don't worry! I'm out to lunch my wife saw me whip up a can of tuna and a can of crab and we are buddies on -------pal tracker. She laughed and said hey Bubba that is not 2 table spoons of mayo of course she is giggling........I say pardon? Oh no my man that is about 8 maybe 10 "really I say" Oh well bet my fat % is way up like 85% when I worked it out and cals are more like 2700 per day cause I also made a fatachino this morning before work with coffee and butter and coconut fat in the blender.

Again thank-you all for letting me hang with you folks and also for the interest and well wishes.

Have a great weekend..............Jim MacK

Last edited by jim.b.mack; 04-05-2013 at 04:46 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim.b.mack View Post
Hello ladies I hope everybody has had a great week and Buffy hope the headaches gone!

Debby I do try to bring food on the road or I should say that is my plan now as airplane food tends to be pretty low quality.

I do have a funny story to tell and anyone who saw my claim of 1200 cals a day don't worry! I'm out to lunch my wife saw me whip up a can of tuna and a can of crab and we are buddies on -------pal tracker. She laughed and said hey Bubba that is not 2 table spoons of mayo of course she is giggling........I say pardon? Oh no my man that is about 8 maybe 10 "really I say" Oh well bet my fat % is way up like 85% when I worked it out and cals are more like 2700 per day cause I also made a fatachino this morning before work with coffee and butter and coconut fat in the blender.

Again thank-you all for letting me hang with you folks and also for the interest and well wishes.

That's so funny Jim! Makes me feel better too! I've been doing this WOE for 2 days now (a switch from my maintenance), and my cals are over 1600... I was getting worried!

Yes Judy,
We've got Dr's from South Africa here. Some of the stuff they do is questionable & others is right up there with the latest research. I'm starting to like them a lot more.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #105
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
I was in with a group of pilots and we had a hangar and a Cardinal C-177 but got just to expensive so my wife and I got out of the coop.
I LOVE the look of a Cardinal!! That retractable gear and that beautiful , strut-less wing! My very fav! Av gas here is $6-$7 a gallon. It is an expensive hobby, for sure.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #106

Hi

The older ladies wanted to go Clubbing instead of the church party, but I told them they probably weren't open at 5:00 !!! Great food. I was very good.

Jim,LOL. One time I actually weighed and measured my food. It is shocking how little a Tbs of mayonnaise is and 3 ounces of chicken.

Now all you guys have to root for Wichita State tomorrow night. They need prayers, good vibrations, candles etc. .

M
Old 04-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Now all you guys have to root for Wichita State tomorrow night. They need prayers, good vibrations, candles etc. .
My contribution: interpretive dance!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #108

Quote:
Lol. Since they are the Shockers as in shocks of wheat, you could definitely use your arms in a creative way to symbolize wheat waving in the wind.

Dh is fine. Ds is doing better.

I am thinking about goal. My LC doctor said to find a weight where you can stay at and where you are happy with your food intake. This makes sense to me. As I don't want to starve to be 130. I might take 140 as my goal and have Sandy's window of 2 pounds on either side of it. But
First I need to go clothes shopping and see where I am size-wise. Make sense??
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great Carolyn that you're so close to goal.
How tall are you? Does your Dr think you're close to goal too? Will you continue with the meta? LOL... lots of questions. sorry. I just love seeing how everyone figures these things out. Seems like you're losing at a good rate, are you starving now? Seems like if you just keep doing what you're doing it will stop when you get to your happy wt.

Well, we're having a wintery-snowy day today. So funny. ~Its beginning to feel like Christmas~
Old 04-06-2013, 09:16 AM   #110
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning everyone!
2 things that we probably all easily under estimate, servings of mayo and Cool Whip. Have you ever really measured out a serving of cool whip? Crazy

Carolyn, I almost hate to see you try to set your weight on shopping for clothes as we all know that clothing sizes are crazy. I would go more by how you feel in your clothes, how you feel bending over, are you comfortable doing certain things, etc. in your pictures you looked nice at 150 so I can't imagine you would need to go below 140. And, I would also spend some time at your new weight and see how it feels to you and if you can easily maintain it without feeling hungry? So proud of you, you are such a good leader for all of us and are so dedicated to your WOE, you have done GREAT

I am almost afraid to type this yet but I think we have figured out what was keeping me from getting stronger and getting my energy back. I had finally narrowed it down to the bystolic but wasn't sure. I have been clear off it for just a week now and feel quite a bit different, more like my old self. It did do its job of getting my BP under control but I just didn't seem to ever adjust to it. I am now on another beta blocker, one I used to take. Will keep working with the neurologist on the headaches, and monitoring BP closely. Dr. Very Handsome and I talked about an idea the other day, the occipital neuralgia pain just kept getting worse and worse until my BP soared because of the pain. I do have a high pain tolerance it seems so I let it get really bad and kept irritating it. He thinks if I stay on top of that, keep treating it that perhaps I can get clear off beta blockers which often cause tiredness, depression, etc. then the BP meds I will continue to take will be enough to control BP. Fingers crossed and a special thanks to all of you for helping me through all this and listening to that,annoying whine of Buffy wings
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 AM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is very interesting, Buffy - and I LOVE your advice to Carolyn about how she feels at her new weight. Interested to hear what our other friends who are at goal have to say about goal weight!

Debby I completely love all the questions - all these threads teach me something every single day!

I am now on lisinopril, 10mg. I have to look it up but we're leaving for our trip now.
My BP this morning was 100/68 .
I do not feel dizzy or actually don't feel unusual at ALL.
Buffy I am so happy you and Dr. Very Handsome are chipping away at the Buffy Mystery. Feel like your old self soon soon soon!! )

I'll be able to check in with you all and see if Buffy had to be rushed to Dr. Very Handsome or if Carolyn has dropped dangerously into the low 130s.... (I am playing old-fashioned soap opera organ in my head! )

"see" all of you later!!

Old 04-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Have a nice trip Judy.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #113

Carolyn, I agree with with whomever said to stay at a weight for a while and see if it feels right to you. I can remember when I was at 150-155 and saying I'd be thrilled if I could just get to 145. Well, I ended up finally losing down to where I rarely ever go over 145 and now I feel like I should try to get down to 140 as my high end of my window and hold that number. I lost those last pounds pretty slowly so I think my body adjusted pretty well and if I lose another 5# slowly I think it would be ok. I think everybody has to do what makes them feel good. I like the way clothes are fitting me and I like that my tummy is flat. Pretty flat anyway, lol.

I also think our bodies will settle into a weight that's right for it, if we don't go overboard either direction. Too much or too little food.

Judy, have fun!!

Buffy, so glad to hear you're making progress.

Debby, I hope your wrist clears up over the weekend. Enjoy your forbidden foods!!

Jim, funny story. I love our guesstimating way of measuring, lol.

Hi Sharon!!
Old 04-06-2013, 02:34 PM   #114
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Hi

Jim,LOL. One time I actually weighed and measured my food. It is shocking how little a Tbs of mayonnaise is and 3 ounces of chicken.
I still do. I'm not a good guesstimator.

Quote:

Jim I think you stumbled on the single biggest reason people fail at dieting. People need to weigh and measure everything before they say they are stalled or can't lose weight unless they eat less than 1200 calories a day. Like Carolyn said, it is shocking how little a tablespoon is!
Old 04-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #115

Hi everyone..

You are right, Buffy...I will see how this feels, the 140's..I know my pants look lots better than they did at 155..If you know what I mean.... Yes, we want the Buffy Mystery solved for sure.

Debby: I am 5 3 and my doctor says I'm fine where I am for "disease control"...The number for me is 26 bmi for "health risks" so as long as I am below the health risk
area, that is a good thing. Yes, the metformin will be a life long thing, I believe..It does prevent other diseases, too..

Goooo Shockers...I don't know????

Cool Whip tastes best when you serve it with a serving spoon..LOL..
Old 04-06-2013, 03:37 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I still do. I'm not a good guesstimator.

Jim I think you stumbled on the single biggest reason people fail at dieting. People need to weigh and measure everything before they say they are stalled or can't lose weight unless they eat less than 1200 calories a day. Like Carolyn said, it is shocking how little a tablespoon is!
I do too, too scarey... although, with this WOE doesn't seem to be too important to count the fat, does it?
Old 04-06-2013, 07:08 PM   #117
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:

It's so hard to find that "perfect weight"!

I think I'm happy at 120 until I get there, then I want 115!

And to think I was 95lbs at one time!

Buffy - so glad you're getting things straightened out!!

Judy - soap opera like "As The Stomach Turns"?

Old 04-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #118
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
I do too, too scarey... although, with this WOE doesn't seem to be too important to count the fat, does it?
For me, counting the fat was important as fat = calories. There are so many over on the Main stalled or gaining on induction because they thought the fat was a free-for-all. I for one can tell you I gained in ketosis.
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #119

Carolyn, for the p. upside cake I just used the yellow cake recipe from the BTF recipe thread. And I used erithrytol mixed with a tiny bit of molasses for the brown sugar to put in the bottom of the pan with the butter and pineapple. It's pretty tasty!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi everyone..

You are right, Buffy...I will see how this feels, the 140's..I know my pants look lots better than they did at 155..If you know what I mean.... Yes, we want the Buffy Mystery solved for sure.

Debby: I am 5 3 and my doctor says I'm fine where I am for "disease control"...The number for me is 26 bmi for "health risks" so as long as I am below the health risk
area, that is a good thing. Yes, the metformin will be a life long thing, I believe..It does prevent other diseases, too..

Cool Whip tastes best when you serve it with a serving spoon..LOL..
That's great Carolyn! Healthy is good! I know I was really pleased to get back into the top of my wt. range also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
For me, counting the fat was important as fat = calories. There are so many over on the Main stalled or gaining on induction because they thought the fat was a free-for-all. I for one can tell you I gained in ketosis.
Thanks for that Cindy. I'm learning this. So far my percentages are right & my calories are under what is recommended for my exercise... Keeping in mind to add fat instead of more protein, keeping protein less than fat grams.
How tall are you Cindy? And what calorie limit do you put on yourself. I see we're about the same weight.
Thanks!
Closed Thread