Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Where did you get the ProFiber pasta Carolyn? Where did you hear about this?

Buffy, anxiously awaiting the news from your dr visit.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2013, 06:29 PM   #332
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Buffy, move over.
As much as you deserve to whine, I am just back from the ER and I still have my kidney stone...

I have medication and cannot remember having one that hurt this much and so hard to get pain relief in many many years.
But I'm pretty OK right now...

I think I flunked kidney stone 101 yesterday and failed to drink much water and I really enjoyed some salty green olives.

Sharon I've seen (online) many others have a swelling reaction with Splenda as the culprit....

to all from my whiny whiny bed!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:01 PM   #333

Oh no Judy!! Do jumping jacks! I always think that will make it move. I have a tiny one. Dr said small enough to pass but I don't think I have. I have occasional twinges, only one night of very uncomfortable. When I finally gave up and told DH I'd go to ER it stopped hurting. True story!!

Buffy, time for our update!!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:24 PM   #334
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi
Sorry I've been MIA.

This has been a long week. Copper will be running across the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow morning. I've been spending lots of time with him.

Last night he actually climbed the stairs to sleep by my side of the bed!!
He hasn't done that for 2 weeks.

But he's getting his last supper tonight and he doesn't even know it.
It's very surreal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

I had a hard day. Shelby got into poison, we weren't sure if dh might have hit her with the truck too, but she was still walking, but she passed away in my arms. I'm very weepy
Oh no!!! Debby, I'm so sorry! And I know exactly how you feel.
I'm very weepy too!

Buffy - how are you feeling?
How is DD?

Judy - How are you feeling??

I think we're all falling apart this week!!

to everyone!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi
Sorry I've been MIA.

This has been a long week. Copper will be running across the Rainbow Bridge tomorrow morning. I've been spending lots of time with him.

Last night he actually climbed the stairs to sleep by my side of the bed!!
He hasn't done that for 2 weeks.

But he's getting his last supper tonight and he doesn't even know it.
It's very surreal.

Oh no!!! Debby, I'm so sorry! And I know exactly how you feel.
I'm very weepy too!

I think we're all falling apart this week!!

to everyone!
So sorry. Cooper is? cat? So sorry for your loss.

Thanks, we know now... Shelby died of the poison. I am having another really bad day, can't stop crying.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:41 PM   #336
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH MK - another loss in our little group.
I am so sorry. Every single moment is so meaningful since you know...
I'll be praying for you and your family, also.

Debby I'm so sorry. I suppose it's two steps forward, one step back - something like that .

I am in a fair bit of pain. Counting the minutes until I can have another pain pill.
I don't feel urpy, though. They gave me a good anti-nausea whose name escapes me...

Oh friends - sorry for your dear fur kids and mostly for you all.

Sandy I hope you pass that stone without the stupid drama I've stirred up.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #337
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So sorry Judy, I hope those stones dissolve & the pain goes away soon! Thanks also for the comfort. It certainly is a hard week for most of us.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 PM   #338

This is really a sad week around here. It's so hard to lose our fur babies. MK, I'm glad you've had these last hours to spend with Copper. I know how hard your decision was to make and I'm sorry you have to go through it. Hugs to you and all your family.

Debby, at least you know and don't have to 2nd guess what really happened. I'm sure your DH felt bad thinking he might've hit her and now he knows and is probably relieved.

Judy, I hope you get relief soon and I agree. I too hope I don't have drama with mine!

Buffy?????

I'll be gone all day tomorrow. I'll try to at least check in to read the news but if I'm MIA, don't worry. I'm just on a little day trip.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 04-26-2013, 08:05 AM   #339
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yes, to my fellow pet adorers on here, DH and I both talk to our cats....A LOT.
Us too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Buffy, move over.
As much as you deserve to whine, I am just back from the ER and I still have my kidney stone...

I have medication and cannot remember having one that hurt this much and so hard to get pain relief in many many years.
But I'm pretty OK right now...

I think I flunked kidney stone 101 yesterday and failed to drink much water and I really enjoyed some salty green olives.

Sharon I've seen (online) many others have a swelling reaction with Splenda as the culprit....

to all from my whiny whiny bed!
Oh I've had a kidney stone. They had to go up and get it!

MK, I am so sorry for Cooper and your family.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:44 AM   #340

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi everyone..

Oh...so sorry about sweet little Copper. You and your family will be in my prayers..It is so hard when they cross the Rainbow Bridge, for us, but I'm sure they are "free" again with no old bones and disease. He will join Shelby, Rosemary, Cindy's beautiful horsie up there..

Now, Judy has a kidney stone...Drink like a sailor, girl...water, that is..

The Profiber pasta was on netrition..I checked my blood sugar before I ate it..111, and
I will test at 2:00 and see what happens..

Wedding tomorrow..I just heard it was going to be outside..Not smart..cuz it is raining and might rain tomorrow morning.

I heard a very smart wedding planner say that the biggest book in the world was called
Why You Shouldn't Have an Outdoor Wedding and not one bride-to-be as ever read it.
Of course, if someone lived in California and the weather was nice all the time that is
different that KS, IL, OK, TX..

Big hugs Buffy, too...

Old 04-26-2013, 02:04 PM   #341
Always on, slightly off

Carolyn, I don't see the Profiber pasta. Do you mean Fiber Gourmet Pasta?
Old 04-26-2013, 05:07 PM   #342
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Short update.

MK so sorry about Cooper, u know we all understand and care

Judy, oh my, you have a very painful situation, we should have a Jammie party and whine fest

Ok, yesterday dr was alarmed at how much worse parotiditis was, may not be spelled right. Gave me a steroid shot and antibiotic shot and called an ENT to see me ASAP, which happened this am. After I left dr yesterday had a cat scan to see if abscess or stone, good news that it was neither, just bad infection and plugged duct so it can't drain. eNT tried to massage it open but it is still too hard and swollen. 10 days of oral steroids and 2 antibiotics. Supposed to stay quiet, no lifting, no walking apart from normal and yay, no housework until this is better. Problem is that the steroids ave me pretty wired so not able to sleep. I am a mess but all this should work and of course I am to call if I don't get better daily.

Sorry to e such a downer,what a year

Appreciate every one of you, what a great group we have :
Old 04-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #343
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, other not so good news, DD does have type 1
Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM   #344
Always on, slightly off

Oh, Buffy, yes, parotiditis can most certainly lead to an abscess. Glad your doctor was on top of it. How old is your DD? Type 1 is usually juvenile onset but can occur later.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #345
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh, Buffy, yes, parotiditis can most certainly lead to an abscess. Glad your doctor was on top of it. How old is your DD? Type 1 is usually juvenile onset but can occur later.
DD is 47! Type one is happening in adults more and more, she was probably the last my 4 kids who I thought this would happen to
Old 04-26-2013, 09:08 PM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tax day for me... I spent from 8:30 am.-12:30 pm at accountant... have to go back later, missing a few numbers, one has to come from a part-time sub-contractor So who knows when I'll hear from him... just gotta wait. But it won't take long, once I go back... then I can try to do the other taxes myself from the Canadian numbers.

I'm feeling better today, but I've been taking hands full of anti-stress-happy-pills. (worried about getting over-stressed doing taxes). Hope it lasts. Also singing to Jesus every time I think of Shelby dying. stops the tears & visions.

Hope everyone else gets better soon!

Old 04-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #347

Buffy, so glad to see your update! Sorry you are going through all this, but so glad your drs seem to be on top of it all and are pro-active in your treatments. You really have been through the mill this year! Time to leave it all behind and feel better. We can all celebrate that with you when it happens. Sorry about the news of your DD. I wonder why this is showing up more often in older people now?

I had my recurring dream again last night that I was talking to my MIL. And she was talking to me!! She hasn't spoken since her stroke 16 years ago!!! But I have this recurring dream every once in a while that she's started talking again. Oh how I wish that would happen!

My DGD is still struggling with her amplified pain therapy. Her 3 week sesssion is over and they're recommending another 2 weeks at least. She was showing improvement and then this last week had a real back slide. This is really like a nightmare!
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #348
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby - good strategy with the singing. I am so good at feeling sorry for myself I forget what a relief it can be to distract myself. That's a good direction to go, IMO.
Ugh. Taxes.

Buffy is the "parotiditis" different from the occipital neuralgia?
Or is this in addition to that?
You simply must get all this cleared up. I've had a dose of high energy hilarious Buffy and now I miss it!
AND your DD DOES have type 1??? GEESH.

I'll totally get this wrong, but spout it as if it's right - I think type 1 is auto-immune, but it takes different things to set off different people. For childhood onset, they even wonder if a virus could set off type 1 (one of many reasons a child might become type 1).
But for adults, could be years of carbs in every food in every way and eventually the pancreas couldn't keep up. Thus endeth the wrong-headedness of my not really knowing but happy to blither.

Sandy I hope in the future we'll be able to look back and see this backslide week as just that, but that she moved forward later. Waiting is hard. Glad they are recommending another 2 weeks and not letting her just twist.

I think your recurring dream is very interesting. I have some wild ideas sometimes - one is that this is more true than "just a dream." Or that she can speak on some level - just not one we can recognize right now.

Grieving with MK and her family, Debby and her family...

Carolyn, you said, "I heard a very smart wedding planner say that the biggest book in the world was called Why You Shouldn't Have an Outdoor Wedding and not one bride-to-be as ever read it. Of course, if someone lived in California and the weather was nice all the time that is different that KS, IL, OK, TX."

I have heard that also! And it made me laugh because it is SO true. Our DD planned an outdoor wedding in April. About 6 weeks before, I was panicking because... it's April... in Oklahoma.... April showers bring May flowers, etc. We actually trimmed the guest list before sending out invitations in order to be able to have it indoors It was at Skelly Lodge - Bill Skelly's old hunting lodge in NE Oklahoma. Very rustic and not fancy, but has great rock structure that was to be festooned with candles.

It was cold and rainy and we squeezed everyone inside.
Barely.

I still have my kidney stone. Am able to better manage the pain - have not thrown up in 24 hours! Yay. Sheesh.

Buffy the jammie party with whine sounds perfect.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 AM   #349
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: jim.b.mack
WOE: HF LP LC
Well tough week behind us fingers crossed for better days ahead. I'm working today but not a tough mission probably even fun. Got 2 of our company test pilots in the simulator for training. I'm sure I will end up being the student by the end of the day.

Kate and I are going to start looking for a pup and to us a pup can be any age they are all puppies to us! OMG I love dogs and their big hearts. Our search will start with a local rescue.

Ladies my fingers and toes are crossed for an easy week for all ahead.

PS up 2 lbs this morning and my DW is down another 3.2 for the week she is totally kicking my butt but keeping me motivated at the same time. for 7 weeks she has averaged 4.6 lbs per week WOW!

Fly safe everyone!

Jimmy MacK
Old 04-27-2013, 10:00 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jim - good to hear from you and WOW your wife is kicking it!
Nice she motivates you - I love men who appreciate their wives.
Old 04-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #351

Hi everyone..

Yes, it was Fiber Gourmet..Duh..It was good..BS went from 111 to 140 (2hours), then at 3 hours, it was back to 111..Hmmm..That wasn't too bad a rise I don't think..

Buffy, oh Buffy...Praying that your body will be all healed up soon..No more doctor's visits..

Saw the sister of the bride at the coffee shop this a.m..She was getting lattes for the wedding party as they got their hair done..LOL..No rain right now, but soggy..Wedding outside is a "go" and reception will be inside/outside. I'm wearing my winter clothes and sensible shoes..Poor bride with her beautiful dress and probably no sleeves..
They will be "married" no matter what and that is the important thing.

Jimmy: I'm thinking that you might need to cut down on your portions..Sad, but true..Dr. Atkins' nurse said that that was the biggest mistake that men make when they
start LCing..Have fun picking out your pup..You and your wife would make great furparents..

Debby: Sniff, sniff for your sweet baby..I'm sure she is chasing mice all over the Rainbow Bridge and she has a new friend, Copper, too..

Sandy: Praying for your dgd that this therapy will work mightily..

Buffy: Praying for your dd, too..Maybe she will do LC...???

Hugs all around..
Old 04-27-2013, 11:33 AM   #352
Big Yapper!!!!

Great to see all the posts this morning.

Jim, wow, your wife is kicking butt, usually it is the other ways around. Are you aiming to get into ketosis and stay there! If if is a matter of calories, getting into ketosis and staying there got me to where I lost well. The one downside was that it zapped my appetite that I had to make myself eat and very little appealed to me.

Thanks nurse Cindy for chiming in, always good to ear your words of wisdom.

Carolyn, Dd is an avid reader and will learn everything there is to know, for now I am just encouraging her to follow dr orders and may suggest some more LC later on. And yes, hearing more and more about diabetes caused by a virus and our family had auto immune disorders.

Sandy, so sorry about your DGDs setback, I hate it when kids have to deal with disease.

Judy, hope you get that stone moving on and no more throwing up!

This problem i am having now is not related to the occipital neuralgia , I think that is good

mK, thinking of you today.

Sandy, I think dreams are so fascinating and how they relate so closely at times in our past, present and future. I have mentioned that I lost both my parents when I was 8. During each of my 4 pregnancy I had the same dream of being in that home with them, I guess sharing my joy with them. Other times i dream of that home but those pregnancy dreams were the only ones they were present in
Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #353
Big Yapper!!!!

Whoops, forgot to tell you debby that I am glad u feel better
Old 04-27-2013, 01:26 PM   #354
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi y'all,
Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. Still rough. Thanks for the vision of Shelby chasing mice in heaven with Cooper. I contacted the lady we bought her from & told her... that got me all sad again. I guess I have wait a bit longer.
Mary Kay

Jim that's so surprising that your wife is losing so fast... backwards. Hope it gets better for you soon.

Judy I sure hope your pain dissolves!

Buffy, oh my, hope you get "refreshed" somehow!

Sandy it must be so hard to watch your DGD go through this.

Thanks all, hope things cheer up for us all!
Old 04-27-2013, 03:43 PM   #355
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
hi y'all,
Thanks for your thoughts & prayers. Still rough. Thanks for the vision of Shelby chasing mice in heaven with Cooper. I contacted the lady we bought her from & told her... that got me all sad again. I guess I have wait a bit longer.
Mary Kay

:
Debby I bawled for 2 solid weeks after we put Rose to sleep. She was over 18, you would have thought I would have been prepared and then I would be doing fine and I would find some hair of hers and the wailing would start. We all here understand. Your going to be grieving for awhile. Its a tribute to how great a dog she was.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:40 PM   #356

Hi gals..

Wedding was lovely..Bride/maids in sleeveless dresses at 50 degrees. It was a lovely wooded setting. My winter coat felt great and I kept it on all the time. The reception was outside and it was great. I did have wedding cake..I will have to be perfect tomorrow as weigh-in is Tuesday a.m...I will have to be perfect Monday, too..Gosh..

It is so sad when our furbabies cross over the Rainbow Bridge..I know Alex's time will be coming up sometime in the future..But, it is better that they "go to heaven" before
we do because then we would have to make sure someone would take care of them
afterwards..
Old 04-28-2013, 07:05 AM   #357

Hi

Good morning everyone!!!

We are going to The Little Shop of Horrors this afternoon at the local CC.

Time to shower. No cheating so far today.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:14 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn good report on the wedding. I bet the sleeveless girls didn't even notice cooler temps until well after the service!

Hope you enjoy the presentation this afternoon and many congrats on still being perfect today!

I am missing church due to still having my "friend" the stone.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #359
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Carolyn good report on the wedding. I bet the sleeveless girls didn't even notice cooler temps until well after the service!

Hope you enjoy the presentation this afternoon and many congrats on still being perfect today!

I am missing church due to still having my "friend" the stone.
How long are they allowing you to keep your "friend" before they evict them?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I don't know. I've had about 20 stones in my life and have always passed them. Years ago it might take 5 days or so. But in the last 10 years or so it's been more like 24 hrs. I think I mentioned earlier, that my sister had one what made her septic. if that's how you say it. She almost died. I don't feel near death. but I know it can change quickly, so we are aware of that. will stay on top of it, but otherwise I don't know much more to do.
Closed Thread