Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Oh - it's a behemoth.
Check your email - sending you the 13-page compilation I have so far...
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 08:10 PM   #212
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
JUDY, amazing dinner!
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 AM   #213
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Oh - it's a behemoth.
Check your email - sending you the 13-page compilation I have so far...
Thank you Judy!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #214
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
JUDY, amazing dinner!
It's one of those things I thought I'd never have again. I used to make chicken fried steak very rarely, but used the Southern Living recipe - the coating was a mixture of flour and crushed saltine crackers.

I doubt I'll make this very frequently either.
It's just so nice to know I can!

I cheated and used gravy from a jar.
In small amounts it has very few carbs.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:30 AM   #215
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi

I did join a forum...

Sandy/Cindy: We are going to that Brazilian Steak House place on the plaza for Easter.
I learned a lot about feline nutrition on a cat forum. (Unfortunately, at almost 18, Poot won't eat anything but the beer-and-pizza-diet! She's not diabetic but I would have liked to get her to eat healthier. She will not have any of it!) It gave me some great pointers and the strength to say no to Science Diet. It also was sad as I would read about some that were struggling so with their babies. But it will give you some good management tools. It was there I learned about hypoglycemia and the syrup trick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Oh my golly!!! Judy!!! That looks absolutely scrumptious!!!! Can you send me a plate please?????? I can't wait until I get my oat fiber in the mail so I can make that stuff right and really start cooking. I'm on page 20 of that FFM thread so I'm getting there slowly but surely.
Sandy, did you see that thread has a recipe sticky? It's great for weeding thru. I have made the original a number of times and the yellow cake which was very good.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:46 AM   #216

Yes, Cindy, I saw that too. I'll eventually get through them all. I expect my oat fiber any day now and then the real fun will begin!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 11:30 AM   #217

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

We had the furnace guy out this a.m. for a "funny smell" at 2 a.m. that was being omitted by the e-heat, which are the coils for a heat pump..There was mold inside the furnace (pretty new one), so they are putting in a light that will keep the mold at bay. The guy cleaned the mold off of the wires, etc..

Pray for me at 2:15 when I take Alex to the vets by myself for learning how to do the
shot..eeek...Two days on a LC diet and his blood sugar this morning was 390, so he definitely needs some help. Thanks..hope Alex behaves himself..Cats normal blood sugar is 70-120, kinda like peeps..

Judy: That is Midwestern food..Nommie.. Looks delicious..

I'm a tough lover, love and logic person, too..Luckily, my kids didn't need much toughness..(which is a blessing), but grandkids grow up in a different time...

Hugs all around..to everyone

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #218

Praying that all goes well with Alex and you today at the vet.

Scary furnace problem! Good thing they found the mold and can correct it.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #219
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Praying for you - it's daunting!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Ah... hope it went stress-free Carolyn!

I couldn't believe how "early" I got hungry for lunch... 11 am! Finally ate at 11:30... then just before 12 I realize my clock was still not changed over! (at least I didn't work an hour past quitting time like last year)!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh that's funny! I always worry if I'm hungry "too soon." *whew*
Old 03-11-2013, 02:27 PM   #222
Big Yapper!!!!

Just realized I hadn't checked in today. Slept late, again. Thank heavens I am able to get the rest my body seems to think it needs right now.

Carolyn, let us know how it went with Alex. If only he had thumbs, he could learn to do his own shots like Grant has

Went grocery shopping today, actually had a list and got through it all, for weeks we have been just picking up this and that.

Now, have to put it all away

Pretty sunny day here.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #223
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Went grocery shopping today, actually had a list and got through it all, for weeks we have been just picking up this and that.

Now, have to put it all away
Yep - those are the days I like to eat out. Just as soon as I have ever food item ever created, I sure don't want to prepare it!
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #224

Thanks for all your thoughts..It actually went really well with Alex..He gets one unit in the a.m. so the vet gave him one at 2, and I'm supposed to check his levels in the a.m. before I give him his shot. Hopefully, by LCing, he can stay at one unit and not have to go to twice a day, but if he does, he does. I'm a lot calmer now...

Yes, Buffy, putting food away is a bummer sometimes, isn't it?

I think we are having Atkins meatloaf dinners tonight with steamed spinach. LOL..Maybe I'll put it on plates and Gary will think I made it from scratch..

Oh...the Bachelor picks tonight..I love Sean, he is such a nice guy and a KState grad..His family is delightful..

With all my bathroom issues, I was down to 144 this morning..TMI..
Old 03-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Do you feel sick?
Old 03-11-2013, 04:55 PM   #226

Judy, I had some bathroom issues yesterday, but after taking Immodium, it cleared up..and a few issues today, too..

Took Alex's bg and it went down to 175..So, something is working.....that is good..

Dh has a meeting so I can switch between The Biggest Loser and The Bachelor..LOL..What a life, huh???
Old 03-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #227
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

At least you don't feel badly.
Not the most fantastic way to lose weight, though...

AH, first world problems! Which show to watch??
Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Judy, I had some bathroom issues yesterday, but after taking Immodium, it cleared up..and a few issues today, too..

Took Alex's bg and it went down to 175..So, something is working.....that is good..

Dh has a meeting so I can switch between The Biggest Loser and The Bachelor..LOL..What a life, huh???
Thanks for the Biggest Loser Alert!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:40 PM   #229
Always on, slightly off

Quote:

Which insulin did they give you?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM   #230
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning. Got Dh making planter boxes for me. PW (Pioneer Woman) site gave me a great idea for making raised beds for gardening. This year we're trying framed planting beds for our veggies and maybe putting one in our grass area for pretty flowers. Let's just say it's project time at our house.

Weather is beautiful and hopefully we are finished with the frost and Spring is finally stable. Our worm farm had some inside time this past winter because of that ole frost.

Time to go check up on Dh. Sometimes he needs a forewoman to make sure all is going by code, LOL!

Have a nice day today. See you tomorrow!

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Sharon! What a project! Yes - you need to go strawboss that thing.

I went swimming this morning, then a quick trip to the grocery, have some house cleaning/putting away activities I wish Sharon were doing....
Old 03-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #232

I cleaned my shower this morning and did 2 loads of laundry. I'm so far behind, but I'm making baby steps back to normal. I slept horrible last night!! So started off tired to begin with.

My weight has been slowing climbing by .2 increments, so today I've decided to get back on the straight and narrow and put a stop to that.

I hope I get my oat fiber today. Any of you using that, do you think it's effecting your weight one way or the other?
Old 03-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #233
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I hope I get my oat fiber today. Any of you using that, do you think it's affecting your weight one way or the other?
I don't know whether it's the oat fiber, but I have not been tracking my food and found I'd lost another couple of pounds when I went to the doctor last week. And I have had little cakes VERY frequently, and also use that mix to make "biscuits" or hamburger buns.

My SS (skinny sister) passed me a skirt last fall she was already too skinny to wear. It was a size 8. I do NOT think I am a size 8 but it does fit well now. It's probably just that brand, but I feel thinner! And my clothes fit differently.
Maybe it's shifting around!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #234

Thanks Judy, that's exactly what I want to hear!! I'm so excited by that flour!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:35 AM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's worth being excited about, I think!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #236
Big Yapper!!!!

Hello dear friends!

Judy, you are getting skinny! And, you make it sounds easy! I have to say, it was going easy for me until I went to the hospital LC and came out dragging behind the wagon, bruised badly from falling off and I still can't get back with it. All the LC foods that I was eating just sound so yucky to me now. Fruits and grains are what sound good, so, I am trying to limit portions and calories kind of WW style. What a merry go round.

Sharon, your projects sound awesome, wish I had the energy to get out and do those things, I used to love gardening and raising flowers.

Carolyn, hope you feel better and Sandy, sounds like you are slowly getting back to normal.

Had my new neurologist appt. this morning. I liked him, not quite as good looking as the new cardiologist but not hard to look at either. Easy to talk to and he agreed for the most part in the diagnosis of occipatal neuralgia except for one part. He said that would not accout for the headache behind and above my right eye, just the pain, soreness and in the back of my head. He wants me off of the advil which I agree with, talked a little about rebound headaches but I didn't agree with him on that as I haven't been taking high doses of advil until just the last couple of months and the headaches go back way further. He had looked over all my records and the reports from the hospital and we agreed that he would do a nerve block, which is a steroid shot in the area of the back of the head to block the pain in that nerve and to heal any bruising and inflamation. He also put me on a low dose of anti-seizure med that they use a lot for headaches and said no more advil, if I just had to have something for pain to use tylenol. Go back to see him in 3 weeks. So, overall, I was pleased with him and thought he was thorough. Little blip, my BP was 140/90 which was too high but it had only been 1-2 hours since I had taken my meds so will keep an eye on that. One possible side effect of this drug is being sleepy! Just what I need, but, he said it should wear off quickly if I do have that side effect. Thank heavens I am not younger and trying to work full time, this would have been a nightmare.

After the Dr. I met DH at Costco to pick up some cleaning supplies that they had a coupon on, big sized containers so they will last a while but good values. We were going to go have lunch out but neither of us was hungry so we just came on home and got things put away.

Grant will be over the next couple of days since it is spring break. He is at his other grandparents yesterday and today. Know he is having a good time there.

Beautful and in the 70's here, my cousin in Iowa said it was snowing at her house
Old 03-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow - sounds like your neurologist was listening... When do you get your shot?
Because that sounds like I need to wince a little bit.... But if it finally stops the headaches/pain, then bring it on! (easy for me to say )
Or did you already get the shot?

I don't blame you for wanting to eat what you want to eat - go for it.
You have been through so much, and now even the medicine is making you tired! So eat what you need to get through the current events. You know how to do what you need to do better than anyone else.

It will be fun to have Grant! He might need a little cake....

MK must be completely immersed with DS20 - good for her!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:30 PM   #238

I made a dozen hard boiled eggs today using the oven!! It was on a blog I follow and it worked! Easy peasy peeling. Love it!!

I'm glad your like your new Dr Buffy. I'm with Judy on the wincing part. That sounds painful and scary but if it'll bring you relief I'm sure it's worth it. Sounds like he knows what he's doing so that's great. Enjoy your time with Grant. Sounds like fun. I miss those days.

Carolyn, is your tummy all better now?

Sharon, I love the idea of raised beds! We just don't have enough sun to grow veggies any place in our yard. I've grown a few veggies in pots on our deck before but the last couple years we just hit the farmer's market. I guess I got too lazy, lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-12-2013, 04:56 PM   #239

Hi dear ladies..

I am doing better....Just keep plugging away..LOL..Lots of gals I talked to haven't adjusted to the time change...Bad sleeping...Not good..Right, Sandy?

Took Alex's bsugar this morning and it was 400, called the vet and now we are trying 2 units in the a.m. and 2 units in the p.m. Have to make sure he eats after the insulin..So far, so good....Sort of stressful..watching him and making sure he doesn't go low on his bsugar..Like our Grant..

When are you getting your nerve block, Buffy? That doctor sounds like he knows what he is doing..Lots of good information there..

Judy: You are getting skinny..ier...hurray for you..

Cindy: They gave me Novalin N, I believe..That is the only one the vet recommended..So, I'm going with it and seeing how we do.

Planter boxes?? Sharon, that sounds great..I saw a garden on the internet made with
cinderblocks all around..Easy to weed, etc..

Hugs all around..Our Spring Break is next week..
Old 03-12-2013, 05:33 PM   #240
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Hi dear ladies..

Cindy: They gave me Novalin N, I believe..That is the only one the vet recommended..So, I'm going with it and seeing how we do.

See how he responds to it. I saw several articles that says it is a poor choice for cats HOWEVER there are many having luck with it. Get over to the cat forum and get on a Novalin N group . They have a lot of good advice. Noland was on 3u and 3u to start. My thoughts are with you as it was stressful when I had Big Red (Noland ).