Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 04:49 AM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Hopefully, these lupin biscuits will taste better..You know, it is like CQuik when it first came out..Some peeps couldn't taste anything, but the rest of us thought it had a twangy taste.

Sharon: Everyone has a trigger food..and it is good to know what your is..Mine is popcorn..So, I, too avoid it..(99 percent of the time)..

I dread taking Alex to the vet..I'm sure the "news" won't be great, but he is 16 years old, so he has done pretty well these past 3 years. He seems "normal" in his actions, just skinnier..

Welcome back, Buffy...

Judy: It seems like you have a good doctor..Hopefully, this first bp med will work..Are you supposed to monitor yourself everyday??

Hugs all around.. Catch you after the ladies leave..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 06:38 AM   #122
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

I dread taking Alex to the vet..I'm sure the "news" won't be great, but he is 16 years old, so he has done pretty well these past 3 years. He seems "normal" in his actions, just skinnier..

I used to leave a bowl of Innova EVO 95% out for Rose to nibble on in between meals and I put a pound on her. It is NOT on anyone's renal diet but it was distressing to watch her lose weight. We did this for over a year. If you are maintaining a strict renal diet, this isn't it but Rose didn't have trouble with increasing phosphorus (I think that's what rises) . We did fluid boluses 3 times a week for the last 6 months but her renal failure isn't what got her in the end. She lived to over 18. I think losing weight is normal for older cats but may not mean his renal failure is worsening. Can you supplement with HWC for the calories? Poot drinks a little everyday.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #123

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi everybody,
I guess I didn't even post yesterday. Sorry. I think I did too much the day before and paid for it yesterday. This awful stuff is agonizingly slow to leave!

Welcome home Buffy, I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm anxious to see what the dr says about your headaches.

Judy, I didn't know you were dealing with high bp too? Mine was high last week at the dr both times they took it but I took it before I went and it was perfect and at my yearly with my regular dr it was perfect. 110/70. I've never had a bp problem before and I do try to check it periodically since DH does.

Carolyn, I hope you have a great time with your guests. And I hope Alex's dr visit goes well. We all know how hard it is dealing with our older fur babies.

Debby, when we had Bailey spayed she was the same way. You couldn't even tell she'd had anything done and keeping her quiet was a joke. When I brought her home from the vet she ran down a full flight of deck stairs outside and went zooming around our yard. She was fine. She's a high energy dog too. She's an American Eskimo.

Cindy, maybe we'll lose the rest of our snow this weekend? I sure hope so and I hope it doesn't get replaced with solid moisture. I'll take the rain though.

I'm really going to try to mostly just rest today. We have some weekend plans that I really don't want to miss. And DH got tickets to the basketball playoffs for next Saturday night. I have to go to that! I so hope KU is still in it by then and that we get to see them play. Or K-State if not KU. At least a home team. It's at the Sprint center and we've never been there so we're looking forward to it. And we have dinner plans Monday night with our KS/Mexico friends, lol. They live in KS but we met them in Mexico. We have Iowa/Mexico friends too, lol, who we see from time to time when they come to KC.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #124

I just made something new for breakfast. It's based on Ouizoid's recipe but I didn't have everything so this is what I made:
2 Tbs Oat bran
2 Tbs coconut flour
1 Tbs double choc protein powder
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
1 Tbs erythritol (optional)
1/4 c hwc and 1/4 c water
I nuked it and mixed 1 T cream cheese with liquid splenda and spread it on top.
It's very good!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hi friends,

A former neighbor from my childhood died - mother and I will drive to the funeral in another town.
So I'll look forward to the chatter that will no doubt be happening while I'm out of pocket.

And after I posted this, I see I missed a page!

I have thought my heart was beating out of my chest for the last few years. My bp is mildly elevated, but it really bothers me and my pulse is sometimes high. Yes, Carolyn, I am to monitor it.

I bought a wrist bp monitor but either I was doing it wrong, or it was quite inaccurate - I returned it yesterday and will get the old-fashioned kind. I took my first pill last night (it's a beta-blocker) and honestly I think I already feel better. I probably have a good imagination.

Carolyn I'm amazed I haven't heard anyone else talk about the taste of the lupin flour. I still haven't made anything but the bread, so I'm not down on it yet. AND SOMEBODY TALKED ABOUT FRYING IT!!! Pullease! I'll take any wonky taste for a fried bread!

Oh, I've lost 2 more pounds according to the doctor's scales. Yay!
More fried bread, please.

Went swimming this morning with my mom, now off to the funeral - we're not crying all the way, this guy was a DOLL but they moved away from our city years ago and he lived a nice long rewarding life. We're going to see the rest of the family we'll probably never see again...

Last edited by JMCM1; 03-07-2013 at 07:42 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #126

Oh, I'm sorry Judy. That is very sad.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #127
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning everyone.
Didn't do much yesterday and slept well last night but still feel tired today, so, will try to get a little more done but probably not much. Have to fill out the forms for the new Dr. and get them emailed back to them.

Judy, glad the Dr. put you on a BP med and hope it helps your racing heart. Sorry the wrist cuff didn't work for you. I found I had to have it at just the right level, then it was the same as my other one. Will be anxious to see how this med works for you.

Carolyn, sounds like a very busy week for you with company and Alex. Always nice to have the house ready for company. While I was at my sister's house, they invited 3 couples over for dinner on Sunday night, the women were ones who my sister and I had gone on our cruise with and I got to meet their DH's. My BIL was amazing, he pitched in and helped pull the dinner, table setting, picking up the house, all of that and between the 2 of them, sure made it look easy and put on a great meal. I told my sis that I thought I might enjoy entertaining a little more if my DH pitched in like that. He even did part of the cooking.

Debby, glad Shelby did fine and yes, hard to keep them quiet.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, keep up with the rest, the crud that a lot of peeps has had around here lingers on and on.

Poor little Ollie has been sick off and on for over 3 weeks now. And, DS said he had lost weight from not feeling well and throwing up. He is a thin child anyway, so didn't have any to lose. They have had to take him in twice for IVs due to so much vomiting. Last night the Dr. assured them that he was on the mend but they did draw blood which was good, just in case they have missed something. He has had a virus, then ear infection, then either more of the same or a different viral infection. I feel bad that I haven't been there to help out, not sure why but the other Grandma hasn't offered to step in and keep him at all and DS and DDIL have both had to miss several days of work. When Grant was little I never kept him full time but they lived close by and my DD always said it was a Godsend that I could fill in on those days. Lots of illness this winter.

Judy, sorry to hear about your former neighbor but glad that you are going to take your DM to the funeral.

Super Duper on losing 2 more lbs, you are just doing awesome. Maybe it is the beany lupin flour .

to April, glad to have you, and your stash of quest bars, with us

MK, yay, you will have one of your brood home for the summer, we all know how MK likes to have her kiddos home.

Cindy, I seem to have missed it but I am assuming that one of your kitty's that you were watching for your ex died? I am so sorry, you were so great with them and nursing them along.

And, Sharon, I think I saw you ask about whether it was ok to stick around if your weren't eating a certain way? Oh my heaven's, if that were the case I would have been put out on the curb a long time ago and many times over. Once you come to hang out with this gang, we latch on to you and we don't ever want you to leave us. Our WOE is just a small part of what brings us, or brought us together. Friendship is our GLUE!!!

I have to admit that I fell off the wagon AGAIN while on my trip. DS had so much going on that I did not want her to worry about fixing anything different while I was there so just ate what they ate, then there was that lovely party with that LOVELY cake. It was chocolate 4 layer cake with a berry filling and yummy white frosting. Other than that, the rest of the appetizers and dinner were pretty LC, or at least the parts I ate. There was a huge baked Brie on the appetizer table that was just out of this world. I did do some walking every day that I was gone, so hope that made up for some of it.

Well, better go get started on laundry and finish unpacking.

Pretty, sunny day here in TX.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:32 AM   #129

Buffy, I always enjoy your posts so much. So glad you're back. I missed you!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #130
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, don't mean to brag but "WE" are a super duper group now, aren't we?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Quote:
And, Sharon, I think I saw you ask about whether it was ok to stick around if your weren't eating a certain way? Oh my heaven's, if that were the case I would have been put out on the curb a long time ago and many times over. Once you come to hang out with this gang, we latch on to you and we don't ever want you to leave us. Our WOE is just a small part of what brings us, or brought us together. Friendship is our GLUE!!!
Thanks Buffy I don't know what got into me?? Must have been a brain fart that caused the panic. HAHAHA! After that post I felt the GLUE and now I'm here to stay.

Today's the day my DS and his lady finally tie the knot. They didn't want anything fancy as they have been together now 10 some years. So DH and I are witnessing them at the court house this morning. We'll be taking them out for a nice lunch at Avila Beach. A place they love. We're so happy for them.

We've been getting a little rain here but has stopped now just for us.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #132

Congrats to your DS Sharon. And how nice to be able to be there for them. I hope you all have a lovely day, rain or not.

I'm working on our taxes. Ugh!! I hate this time of year but they need to be done! Ours are always pretty simple, so that's good. I just seem to have some missing receipts this year for some reason so have been tracking those down.

My breakfast really stayed with me this a.m. That was nice to have for a change too. I need to figure out how many cals, carbs, etc to know what I'm actually eating for it to hang around so long.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #133

Hi ladies..

Sharon: Hurray for your ds..How nice... Is this your first motherinlaw experience??

Coffeecake was a big hit..I have enough to serve tomorrow, too..Didn't have a bite, but
I did buy some Ole LC tortillas and had one for lunch..Going to watch my blood sugars as I stay away from the LC tortillas..Although, these are great...

Buffy...Poor baby Ollie..Honestly, there is a lot of sickness everywhere..Between allergies/bronchitis, etc..Not good..Glad you had fun at the dinner party..My dh doesn't cook at all..It's nice when dh's chip in..

Waiting for the plumber to call back...He is my neighbor down the street, but an excellent plumber.

Judy: Sorry about your friend dying..Honestly, when peeps our age die, it is pretty shocking (cuz we think we are soo young..at heart)..Glad you feel better already with your bp meds..

Nice day..No gym today..I'm tired from cleaning..LOL.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #134
Always on, slightly off

Sandy, I make that coconut cake a lot. I don't put HWC in it but I bet that is GREAT!!!! And I can tell you why it kept you full......17 grams of fiber!!! But it doesn't seem to bother me. And I did my taxes today too. Since I lost my deductions, I owe $3000 so I changed my witholding today. I knew this was coming. And yes, this weekend may melt the snow but it is going to be muddy!!!

Buffy, yes, it was Noland, the diabetic one I got off insulin. End stage liver disease and a liver tumor. He was only 12.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #135

Hi Cindy!
I only used the hwc b/c I didn't have any syrups or almond milk and I was afraid just water would be blah. It was very moist! I really liked it. I used a real whole egg too, not powder.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:23 PM   #136
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Hi Cindy!
I only used the hwc b/c I didn't have any syrups or almond milk and I was afraid just water would be blah. It was very moist! I really liked it. I used a real whole egg too, not powder.
I've been using the El Deb because they sell it up at Price Chopper on K-10. It is very moist. I made the yellow cake on that thread too which was good.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:49 PM   #137

I made my favorite LC coffee cake. Raspberry cream cheese coffee cake. I doubled the recipe and made in a 10" springform pan. I made it with sf peach jam this time.

I need to try that little cake soon.

Beth is excited that there will be a food truck called the Pig Wagon. The menu looked good.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sandy, keep up with the rest, the crud that a lot of peeps has had around here lingers on and on.

Poor little Ollie has been sick off and on for over 3 weeks now. And, DS said he had lost weight from not feeling well and throwing up. He is a thin child anyway, so didn't have any to lose. They have had to take him in twice for IVs due to so much vomiting. Last night the Dr. assured them that he was on the mend but they did draw blood which was good, just in case they have missed something. He has had a virus, then ear infection, then either more of the same or a different viral infection. I feel bad that I haven't been there to help out, not sure why but the other Grandma hasn't offered to step in and keep him at all and DS and DDIL have both had to miss several days of work. When Grant was little I never kept him full time but they lived close by and my DD always said it was a Godsend that I could fill in on those days. Lots of illness this winter.

to April, glad to have you, and your stash of quest bars, with us
There are so many people here battling this "something", this "crud" for WEEKS. I am so sorry for dear little Ollie and his parents!!!!

Does April know she is supposed to share her bounty?

Quote:
Buffy, I always enjoy your posts so much. So glad you're back. I missed you!
Truer words were never spoken!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sandy, don't mean to brag but "WE" are a super duper group now, aren't we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Today's the day my DS and his lady finally tie the knot. They didn't want anything fancy as they have been together now 10 some years. So DH and I are witnessing them at the court house this morning. We'll be taking them out for a nice lunch at Avila Beach. A place they love. We're so happy for them.
What happy news!!! There is something magical about marriage. It's really really different than living together. Many congratulations to you and your DH and hugs to your DS and DDIL!! How wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Sandy, I make that coconut cake a lot. I don't put HWC in it but I bet that is GREAT!!!! And I can tell you why it kept you full......17 grams of fiber!!! But it doesn't seem to bother me.
If you can spare the calories - HWC takes it up to another level of "cake". Great for a meal. And I know - that giant amount of fiber doesn't bother me, either. Odd for me. And like Sandy and you, it fills me up for hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I made my favorite LC coffee cake. Raspberry cream cheese coffee cake. I doubled the recipe and made in a 10" springform pan. I made it with sf peach jam this time.

Beth is excited that there will be a food truck called the Pig Wagon. The menu looked good.
My DH's grandmother died several years ago in Memphis. We gathered at her favorite BBQ place, The Pig and Whistle.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:59 PM   #139

Carolyn, Tell Beth my cousin's wife owns a food truck. It's called Beauty & The Bistro. You can look it up on Facebook. She's a fantastic cook, I wish her well in her food-venture. Do Shawn and Beth go to the first Fridays here in town during food truck season? We've never gone but it's on our to-do list.

Judy, glad to see you back. I never count calories so I have no idea how many was in my little cake but I sure did like it. I hope the fiber doesn't "backfire" on me later, lol.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 PM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=sjl330;16302816I hope the fiber doesn't "backfire" on me later, lol.[/QUOTE]

Don't want to be too weird, but let us know.

I'm sensitive to too much fiber and I was amazed how this didn't affect me.
Hope you are OK!!
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
The day turned out wonderful and we had no rain then. After ceremony we took them to the beach for a great lunch. I had a spinach leaves salad that was out of this world and lc to boot.

It's raining again now but looks like it will pass by tomorrow and warm weather is coming back. Don't forget to change the clocks Saturday night.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:13 AM   #142

Hi

Sandy I will tell the kids about your cousin's food truck. Oh, I'm sure the have gone to First Fridays. They don't miss much when it comes to food. LOL.

I'll be anxious to see if people like my LC coffee cake. I didn't
tell Gary it was there yet.

Looks like a 60 degree day for many of us.

Check in later.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:23 AM   #143

I made the Ouizoid's cake again this morning. I added cinnamon and sweetener and iced with a little cream cheese. Yummy!!!!
No ill effects yesterday or this a.m. so far from the high fiber.

I made a big batch by 10x-ing the original recipe all except the sweeteners and egg white powder. Now I can just add whatever flavorings I want, and egg and the liquid when I want to make it. Why in the world did I wait for so long to make this????? Oh, I'm using oat bran b/c I don't have oat fiber and it's still very good. I'm not sure what the nutritional difference is between the two, but I want to use up what I've got on hand before I buy more "stuff".
Old 03-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #144
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
I made the Ouizoid's cake again this morning. I added cinnamon and sweetener and iced with a little cream cheese. Yummy!!!!
No ill effects yesterday or this a.m. so far from the high fiber.

I made a big batch by 10x-ing the original recipe all except the sweeteners and egg white powder. Now I can just add whatever flavorings I want, and egg and the liquid when I want to make it. Why in the world did I wait for so long to make this????? Oh, I'm using oat bran b/c I don't have oat fiber and it's still very good. I'm not sure what the nutritional difference is between the two, but I want to use up what I've got on hand before I buy more "stuff".
Unfortunately, a big difference between oat bran and oat fiber. Oat fiber is strictly fiber and no calories. Oat bran is 150 calories in 1/3 of a cup and 18 net carbs. But you are only using 2T in a recipe so maybe 65 calories and 6 additional carbs so not that big of a whoop. I bet your texture is different too. I wonder what you would think of the recipe if you used oat fiber which really holds moisture. I've got a ton of oat fiber if you want to try some.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #145
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What Cindy said about the difference between oat bran and oat fiber.
Aren't the little cakes delicious though??
Just realized you aren't getting near the amount of fiber by using oat bran, so maybe this is a good way to ease into it.

Sharon I love spinach salad. Sounds like a perfect day.

I am interested, Carolyn, in your lc coffee cake. You don't have to type it if you can just point me to the name of it - I'll find it!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:26 AM   #146
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning!
Hope everyone is feeling good & looking forward to a good week-end.

Cute moment this morning, my kitty "Kaboodle" came into room we have the cat-door in, (I haven't seen him for weeks, he doesn't like new dog). He was up high & I was petting him, Shelby got to sniff noses & lick Kaboodle in the face... then of course she did that bounce on paws thing... as to say "lets play"... to which Kaboodle did nothing. Happy moment for me, gives me hope that they can work out some kind of coexistence. Of course I told Shelby not to do that, so one step at a time, she'll learn (I hope)! She was a LOT calmer then last time they sniffed noses.

Have a fat-lovin-good day!

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:30 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kaboodle surely thinks Shelby is just a waste of the Kaboodle's time.... cats are so funny.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #148
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Judy, glad to see you back. I never count calories so I have no idea how many was in my little cake but I sure did like it. I hope the fiber doesn't "backfire" on me later, lol.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #149
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post

We've been getting a little rain here but has stopped now just for us.
Congrats to your DS, new DDIL and the whole family, sounds like a great day.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Cloudy and 59 here in N TX.
Had to reschedule Dr. appt as they had only received part of my records, they still didn't have a copy of the cat scan and so we rescheduled for next Tuesday AM.
Will actually let me finish resting up from my trip.

Debby, as you can tell, we are all animal lovers here and I loved reading about your cat who I didn't realize you had. Of course Kaboodle had to vacate for a while to impress upon you his/her displeasure with you getting a DOG of all things. But, they could grow to be buddies, or not! Shelby will try, Kaboodle may or may not, that's just the way cats are.

Sandy, so glad you are enjoying the little cakes, that is quite a mix that Quiz came up with and I hope she has success in marketing it. It is so forgiving, as you have experienced using oat bran, instead of oat fiber. It might be even better the way you are making it, I might check to see if I have both and make one of each. But, that does tell me that you probably won't have any experience with it "backfiring" on you.

Judy, I know that Carolyn's LC raspberry coffee cake is on the boards, I have seen it but I am sure she can point you to it quickly. It has great reviews from those who have tried it.

Ollie's blood tests all were normal and the Dr. told them they just had to ride it out, I can tell DS is worn out plus the fact that he is getting flack from work on being out. They really do need to find a sitter that would come in on days like this, they have been so protective about sitters that unfortuately, they don't have a roster to call on. DDIL's sister helps out as often as she can.

Next week is spring break for the kids around here so I told Grant to plan on coming over for a couple of days and we will get his allergy shot worked into one of those days. Thank heaven's that is down to once a month now but they sure have helped him.

Where did April go with her Quest bars? Hope I didn't scare her away