Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:21 AM   #91
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilMarshall
Stats: 200/125/115
WOE: HighFat/ModPro/LowCarb
Start Date: 02/27/2013
HWC= Heavy Whipping Cream
AprilMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Ah thanks!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #93
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yum yum! (first day anyway)!
Yeah, 3 days into it...not so much but it is a useful tool, that's for sure!

Someone mentioned the Potato Hack. I found an article which listed the
saiety (sp?) of various foods. White potaoes produced the highest long term satifaction, more than meat, more than fat. White potaoes were listed as the top food that produced the longest satisfaction. Satisfaction didn't increase with fat content but did with protein and fiber content. Satisfaction was determined 2 hours after 240 calories of a food was eaten. Needless to say, a baked potato is on the menu for lunch and dinner along with lamb. Very interesting.

Thank you all for the condolences on Noland. We had had him from a kitten. He was the kitty I managed to get off insulin. He will be missed and was very loved.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
You are right on the potato hack - that's part of the fascination with that thing - the satiety or whatever (FEELING FULL lol).

BJ - have a great great time! Let us know how you fared.

April thanks for the recipe and review!! (girl after my own heart)

Cindy we're all thinking of you. I'm hoping it's easier on you since Noland didn't live with you full time?

After our 2nd pug died my DH and I were like empty-nesters.
We had to find something else to talk about than the dog!
We didn't last long - now have the spoiled brat 3rd pug.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:19 PM   #95
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Judy what do you do with your life if you don't have something to take care of? We went for a couple of years before our 2 little boys. Now they rule our lives once again. We have had the largest to the smallest of breeds. Each time it's a challenge that we just seem to love to do.

Have fun on your trip to LA and visiting your brother. We're located on the Central Coast mid way from LA to SF. Welcome to California for a little bit.

We used to love our baked potatoes. I'm beginning to think that if it isn't man made there must be a reason we need it in our diet. I'm having a terrible time trying to lose on this way of eating alone. I need to just settle down and eat a natural plan that isn't high proceeded food. I feel my body is so confused. I know my brain is.

For health reasons I need to take a better look on what I'm doing and try to hone in on the right path for me.

Think I'll stick around if you don't mind though.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
For health reasons I need to take a better look on what I'm doing and try to hone in on the right path for me.

I sure hope you stick around!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

On the potato hack..there probably isn't any fat involved there..Is there, Cindy?

Yes, it is hard to lose a precious kitty or doggie..Alex is going in for his kidney blood test this Saturday..I want dh to go with me, so we will go in the Walk-In time. I'm thinking he is slipping a bit...He has lost some weight, but isn't skinny..Just normal.

Got some banana nut Quest bars..They are very good....An easy snack or breakfast.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #98
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

On the potato hack..there probably isn't any fat involved there..Is there, Cindy?

I never read the thread but that is what I'm assuming. I just added potatoes to my diet. That's my idea of hacking!!

I know Pooter has lost a little weight (she'll be 18 in June) and I give her anything she'll eat to keep what weight she has. She is very picky. But she'll eat it if daddy is eating it!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #99

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Very little fat in the potato hack diet. Like no more than 1 tsp. And nothing but potatoes! Except a very few condiments.

I went to lunch with my gal pals but I sure wore out quickly! I'll be so glad to get totally back to normal.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Very little fat in the potato hack diet. Like no more than 1 tsp. And nothing but potatoes! Except a very few condiments.

I went to lunch with my gal pals but I sure wore out quickly! I'll be so glad to get totally back to normal.
Correct - maybe like 1 tsp.
I think it's popular with the JUDDDers - they are used to limiting themselves in ways I find amazing. They also seem the most creative with their allotted calories.

I hope you get better every day, Sandy! That really took it out of you.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:10 PM   #101
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi ladies!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Mary Kay!!!!

And I think I failed to greet Debby this morning- HI Debby!!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:06 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
if you have to go, so do I! What kind of changes do you have to do to your diet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
And I think I failed to greet Debby this morning- HI Debby!!
no worries Judy - can't address everyone! At least I can't .

I found a hernia on Shelby's tummy, thought it was the result of her not taking it easy enough... took pictures to vet. She said it was there from birth & had meant to mention it to me. So, its not to worry about whew! I didn't want to drag her in if it turned out to be nothing. She hates riding in the van so much & I hate cleaning up the mess

It was 9 F degrees this morning but really clear & beautiful. Pretty nice out now, though its only 34 now. Feels like spring! Time changes this Sunday... too soon!

Doing laundry. Getting ready to exercise. Would rather just sit here! But I need to watch my Biggest Loser pvr...
Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #104

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I made the lemon mug cake. Pretty good. I think I might like it better cold. Judy, have you had it both ways, warm and cold? If it's not better cold I think I'll add a little more sweetener next time. Very quick and easy though and DH loved it!

Nobody has to leave this thread b/c of the way you're eating. I think we all do a little bit of everything around here, so support for everybody and plus we're all friends. So you can't leave us!!!
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #105

Hi

Watching the KSU game. Dh is on his way home.

I have 2 groups of ladies coming here Thurs and Fri so I'm making Betty's coffee cake. It is not low carb but it will disappear in 2 days. It is made with yellow cake mix, lemon pudding and a streusel top. I won't have any and I will hide it from dh..

My soninlaw lost 37 pounds since Tday. He is on WW and I hope he gets it all off. He has been big since high school. Long time.

Hugs all around.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks ladies. You are all friends to me and gladly I'm not going anywhere. As for what to eat? I'm just not going to fret about it. I like fruit some starches fat and protein. Plan to eat fresh and whole when I do choose and learn to feel the right feeling when I'm just full enough. That's what I did before. I know if I make it myself it will be healthier than if I buy already made. So we will see how I do.

See you tomorrow.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #107
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Sharon - sounds good!!

Carolyn - Yay for DS!!

My DS20 interviewed for an internship today with the Archivist in the History Room at our public library.
I think he's got it ~ at least he'll be home for one more summer!!!
He'll also work at the pool for $$.

I'm finally looking forward to summer!

Sandy - so true! I'd be lost without you all!

Hi Judy - what's new?!

Last edited by TuscanGirl; 03-05-2013 at 06:42 PM..
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #108
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AprilMarshall
Stats: 200/125/115
WOE: HighFat/ModPro/LowCarb
Start Date: 02/27/2013
Quote:
Hi ladies..

Yes, it is hard to lose a precious kitty or doggie..Alex is going in for his kidney blood test this Saturday..I want dh to go with me, so we will go in the Walk-In time. I'm thinking he is slipping a bit...He has lost some weight, but isn't skinny..Just normal.

Got some banana nut Quest bars..They are very good....An easy snack or breakfast.
I have 11, yes 11 cases of quest bars in my secret pantry of diet goodies.. was eating 2/day before going high fat instead of high protein. Now I eat 1/day.. they are a good treat
AprilMarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Sharon - sounds good!!

Carolyn - Yay for DS!!

My DS20 interviewed for an internship today with the Archivist in the History Room at our public library.
I think he's got it ~ at least he'll be home for one more summer!!!
He'll also work at the pool for $$.

I'm finally looking forward to summer!

Sandy - so true! I'd be lost without you all!

Hi Judy - what's new?!
How many kids will be home this summer? Happy for you DS20 will for sure be there!

Quote:
Thanks ladies. You are all friends to me and gladly I'm not going anywhere. As for what to eat? I'm just not going to fret about it. I like fruit some starches fat and protein. Plan to eat fresh and whole when I do choose and learn to feel the right feeling when I'm just full enough. That's what I did before. I know if I make it myself it will be healthier than if I buy already made. So we will see how I do.

See you tomorrow.
Sounds VERY sensible!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMarshall View Post
I have 11, yes 11 cases of quest bars in my secret pantry of diet goodies.. was eating 2/day before going high fat instead of high protein. Now I eat 1/day.. they are a good treat
Good heavens.

I would wag my finger but that sounds EXACTLY like something I would have! Can't tell you how many different flavors and bottles of DaVinci I have... bags and bags of Swerve.... I could go on, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I made the lemon mug cake. Pretty good. I think I might like it better cold. Judy, have you had it both ways, warm and cold? If it's not better cold I think I'll add a little more sweetener next time. Very quick and easy though and DH loved it!

Nobody has to leave this thread b/c of the way you're eating. I think we all do a little bit of everything around here, so support for everybody and plus we're all friends. So you can't leave us!!!
My mom made dinner for my skinny sister and me and we worked on a puzzle afterward. She made these little lemon cakes and I still loved them. By the time we ate them, they were cold and we did have whipping cream.
I hope I haven't over-sold them!

Yes, I've had them warm and cold. Personally I would prefer warm, but each according to her own...

Quote:
Hi

Watching the KSU game. Dh is on his way home.

I have 2 groups of ladies coming here Thurs and Fri so I'm making Betty's coffee cake. It is not low carb but it will disappear in 2 days. It is made with yellow cake mix, lemon pudding and a streusel top. I won't have any and I will hide it from dh..

My soninlaw lost 37 pounds since Tday. He is on WW and I hope he gets it all off. He has been big since high school. Long time.

Hugs all around.
Carolyn that's so great he's lost 37 pounds. He's young - maybe he can learn how to eat now. I think it's the hardest thing to figure out.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #110
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Correct - maybe like 1 tsp.
I think it's popular with the JUDDDers - they are used to limiting themselves in ways I find amazing. They also seem the most creative with their allotted calories.

I would have to think on your down day and you have 500 calories to spend, potatoes probably would not be a bad choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMarshall View Post
If there is a zombie apocolypse, you are going to be good, food stash wise!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #111
Always on, slightly off

Judy, did you say you are not caring for the taste of the lupin flour?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:48 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Judy, did you say you are not caring for the taste of the lupin flour?
I have only made one thing - the bread - from that website they discovered talking about it. Chili mango or something. I can definitely give you the bread recipe if you wish - and I did have to measure the ingredients by weighing.

I found the flavor of the flour to be VERY strong. My DH did not, but I also notice he's not eating it from the wrapped loaf in the refrigerator and neither am I.

The texture is great. The size of the loaf, like most non-gluten things, is like a quick bread, so if you want a big slice of bread, you'd slice the loaf differently.

I know you saw Peggy's (buttoni) lemon cookie recipe and I am going to try that. I suspect adding other flavors will cover the strong flavor of the lupin flour. And I don't hate that flavor, I just don't associate it with flour.... hard to explain. I made my own hummus for years hoping it was lower-glycemic, blah blah blah out of baby garbanzo beans. This strong flavor tastes exactly like that.

Someone else has made the biscuits tulipsandroses made and really liked them, so I'll try that today or tomorrow to see for myself.

Here is the recipe I got for that and I will for sure let you know when I make them:

Lupin Flour Biscuits (tulipsandroses-lcf)

1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp. egg white powder
1/2 tsp. glucomannan
5 Tbsp. lupin flour
some shredded cheese
1/4-1/2 tsp. garlic powder
dash of salt
1 Tbsp. buttermilk
2 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 egg

Bake at 350° until done.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning my dear friends!

Got back from Arizona yesterday, I had such a great visit with my sister and BIL and also loved seeing my DD's inlaws and going to their 50th. They had a mass first which was so lovely, then on to a club for the dinner and party. Beautiful all around.

I have to admit that I got home very tired so today I will probably stay in my jammies and just rest and I have a splitting headache today. I was careful during the trip to not go more than 4 hours without taking advil and that helped keep it under control.

Have read back through all the posts and so happy to keep up with my friends here but won't get into indie replies right now.

and all around.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilMarshall
Quest Bars is like a dynamite stick for me, lit. I have no control and treat them like candy bars. There was no way I was able to use them as a meal replacement. My head just wouldn't let me stop thinking about them.

Have rain today which is nice. We need to get out to bank and store but love to ride in this type of rain. It's the refreshing kind not the stormy weather kind.

Cindy, I had a thin hamburger patty with a sunny side up egg on top. It was really good and satisfying. Just thought I'd share

Judy I still have to try your lemon cakes. They sound so good. I have lemons and limes now too. So what's stopping me!

Time to get busy so better leave you all now for a bit. Will try to check back. I'm so glad you had a lovely visit with your kin, Buffy. Sure wish you could get a handle on those headaches! Take care.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:20 AM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So nice to hear from our Sharon and Buffy!!
Good reports, all.

I just got back from a Dr. appointment - I have been prescribed bp medication and I'm glad to get it. I'll have to research to see what kind/how it works/whether I agree with that type ...

Will get back with you on that.
I go back to see her in 1 month - she's looking at my FT3 & FT4 again, and also CRP and homocysteine levels. I'd better keep swimming and walking if I want to pass those tests!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 PM   #116
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Hi ladies..

Let us know how Alex's appointment goes.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening,

So glad you're back Buffy. Great that you had such a good time.

Judy, hope you feel better from the new meds.

Hope everyone else is doing great too.

It was sunny & cold (9 F) this morning, warmed up to 32 F! Just had to go for a walk & soak up the sunshine.

Shelby is full of energy. So hard not to run her... too much pent up energy!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

How long is she supposed to stay 'quiet'?
Old 03-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #119

Hi dear friends.

Busy all day long. I do think the house is okay for company. Lol. Fattening coffee cake is made. I'll have a half of a quest bar instead.

Brett is still in MN. Project had some glitches ( not his fault) so he will be back next week. Great experience for him. Pray things go smoothly.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #120
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
How long is she supposed to stay 'quiet'?
Till next Tuesday. What a joke! She runs, jumps, does stairs, etc... without being taken on her car-run.
Quote:
Hi dear friends.

Busy all day long. I do think the house is okay for company. Lol. Fattening coffee cake is made. I'll have a half of a quest bar instead.

Brett is still in MN. Project had some glitches ( not his fault) so he will be back next week. Great experience for him. Pray things go smoothly.
Good for you!