Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #451
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I fed Alex some bacon..He loved it. I might make something raw for him this afternoon and see how it likes it..It involves raw ground chicken, a touch of pumpkin, some plain yogurt, (grass, if I can find it), and some fish juice..Should be interesting.

There is a great book out called Paleo Pet by a DVM and I put it on my Iphone..Even though I hate to read that tiny little thing, but if I like it I will order the book..

Had my haircut..Now my roots show..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #452
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
My nose has been drippy for several weeks, seems better since I cut back on the bystolic, hmmm.
Went to eye dr. Yesterday, all is well, repeat in one year. They dilated my eyes though so was anxious to get back home. Very tired this morning and BP really low .
Maybe in all my tv watching, I should start on the medical series, maybe I can treat myself
Finished Homeland and started Boss with Kelsey Grammar. Will check out Bernie and Warehouse 13, thanks for the recommendations gals.

Just talked to my son about their Easter visit. Will be short and sweet.

Hope your Flonase helps MK.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #453
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Carolyn, my roots are showing so bad, let me say, 10 weeks is way too long between colorings. My darling DIL is bringing color with them so she can fix me on Sunday. I hate that she is having to do this on their short visit but adore her for it.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #454
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, come to visit me and watch tv
Old 03-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
New name thinking time.
April Fooling Fat
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #456

Hi ladies..

April Fooling Fat Challenge is a great name.. We want to fool our fat to leave the building..LOL

Buffy, enjoy Bernie..Dh and I were rolling on the floor..It is sooo funny..

The word around our town is there is nothing you can do about the allergies..If it is a virus, then it will take 4-5 days to clear out. The Claritin-D makes you dry up a bit, but
it won't cure it..Unfortunately..
Old 03-27-2013, 01:00 PM   #457

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
We loved Bernie too. And it's a true story!! Life is stranger than fiction a lot of times.

I've been watching old epis of Grey's Anatomy. I quit watching a couple years ago so I decided to catch up. I think I like it better in large doses rather than weekly, lol. This is the last year so I needed to find out what I missed to catch the end and be able to understand it.
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:13 PM   #458
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
CUTE April name Debby!

OK, OK on my "movies to see" list I have Bernie with Jack Black.
Is Warehouse 13 a movie or a series?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #459

I think it's a series Judy.

Buffy, it's so good to see you back on here more. I sure hope you keep improving and get to the bottom of it all. I wish we could all get together for a girls night in watching movies, chatting and munching on something and maybe having a glass or two of wine. That sounds so nice right now.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #460
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies..

April Fooling Fat Challenge is a great name.. We want to fool our fat to leave the building..LOL
Ah yes! Adding Challenge is the perfect touch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
CUTE April name Debby!
Thanks, scratched my head a bit...
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I think it's a series Judy.

Buffy, it's so good to see you back on here more. I sure hope you keep improving and get to the bottom of it all. I wish we could all get together for a girls night in watching movies, chatting and munching on something and maybe having a glass or two of wine. That sounds so nice right now.
It sounds perfect right about now.
I'd have help 'catching up' on whatever we're watching!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:04 AM   #462

Hi ladies

I feel like Mary Kay up in the middle of the night. Cat was hungry and time to check the blood.

Yes, Buffy. We need you totally well!!!

Big weigh-in this am. It's like my WW days. Remember those, Sandy or anyone else who followed it. No big eating that day until you weighed in.

My hairdresser is on the plan and lost 4.5 pounds in 2 weeks. It will probably take her a year to lose all her weight. She will look like a totally different person.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:54 AM   #463

Good luck Carolyn. And oh yes, I remember those weigh in days very well. I'll probably do my official weigh in for the month tomorrow since I already know this is going to be a hard weekend with basketball and Easter eating. I know I've gained b/c I had a "false loss" last month b/c I'd been sick so much. My pipe dream was to hold onto that loss, but that didn't happen, lol.

Does anybody have problems with their hair color not staying? I just colored my hair last week and it looked great! Then last night I could already see my roots shining at me again! I know my hair doesn't grow THAT fast! And I'm using the same brand I've always used. I'm afraid to switch, scared I'll get a weird color.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM   #464
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
It sounds perfect right about now.
I'd have help 'catching up' on whatever we're watching!
Wish we could have time together like that!
Old 03-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #465
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yes, almost always went to nighttime WW meetings but envied the gals who went to the AM ones and could wait to eat afterwards. Would starve all day before the meeting

The only diet that ever got me clear to goal was the "divorce" diet and I certainly don't recommend that one to anybody!

I woke up with a headache this morning, went most of yesterday with little or no headache so that was good. My one really good day so far this week was Monday, wish I could figure out why and latch onto that. Need to pull the sheets off the beds today and get them washed and remade and have a little office work that must be taken care of.

Next Dr. appt. is next Tuesday, I made another appt. with Mr. Very Handsome cardiologist to go over medications. BP doing good with me lowering the dose of the bystolic so I want to make him aware of that and decide if we can lower it some more since I think that is one that is making me extra draggy. I so want to be myself again.

Had an order of toffee this week, just one big batch, made that up Tuesday and packaged it Wednesday.

Need to pull out the Easter stuff so that we can have a Easter egg hunt for Ollie on Sunday, he will be the only little one here.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #466
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Good luck Carolyn. And oh yes, I remember those weigh in days very well. I'll probably do my official weigh in for the month tomorrow since I already know this is going to be a hard weekend with basketball and Easter eating. I know I've gained b/c I had a "false loss" last month b/c I'd been sick so much. My pipe dream was to hold onto that loss, but that didn't happen, lol.

Does anybody have problems with their hair color not staying? I just colored my hair last week and it looked great! Then last night I could already see my roots shining at me again! I know my hair doesn't grow THAT fast! And I'm using the same brand I've always used. I'm afraid to switch, scared I'll get a weird color.
Good morning
Wonder if your hair was just still growing from your time at the equator? You know, it grows much faster the closer to the equator you are. I noticed that when we went down for our motorcycle tour... I doubt that your dye would "wear off" in a week. Its got to be hair growing. guess you'll need to get one of those "roots-touch-up-kits."
Old 03-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #467
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, did you switch shampoos? Even within the same brand? Sometimes that is the culprit.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #468

Hi ladies..

Down to 141 with clothes on.. I guess it was 6 pounds on his scale and 4 pounds of fat..and 2 pounds of water..I just had a "weigh in" and not a consultation this time because I needed to be home for Alex's shot..The Dr. takes forever, but it is a good thing..

Hmm..the only time I had a bad experience with hair color is when I missed a spot...One week is sure fast if it is a grow-out!!! Of course, we all know that Sandy has
a fast metabolism for sure.

Off to exercise, then I think I'll pick up a burger for lunch from Braums..No bun, of course..

Hugs all around..

Yes, I do think I should get my kids some "chocolate" for Easter, even though they are on a diet..Maybe a tiny bunny..a little one..

Old 03-28-2013, 10:04 AM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Hello everyone. I've been lurking more than posting. There hasn't been much to talk about on this side of the woods. Eating has been right on but to no success. My 50 extra pounds must really love me! It saddens me that I can't correct my weight now.

Sorry for the downer. You are all such a happy group. I love the new name Debby for the April thread.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #470
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, KaZammm!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:09 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Carolyn - incredibly wonderful - hooray for you!!

Ollie's Easter egg hunt will be fun- I'm sure! And I am laughing over Dr. Very Handsome - he is probably no good for you as he certainly makes your heart race!

Sandy, Debby may have a good idea about hair color not staying. I haven't had that yet. Notice I say "yet". And it DOES make sense that possibly your hair is in a faster-growth cycle? They say our hair grows faster in the summer and you were gone a very long time (said Judy, jealously ).

Making Carolyn's pizza for dinner. Leaving early for choir practice and Maundy Thursday service...

Sharon , I have sure noticed your absence. I'm glad you said hello and I hope the scales will be kind soon!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:18 AM   #472

Yes, Sharon, we missed you. My saving grace for weight loss is 1500 Er metformin. Most. post menopausal women need this.

And. Another tidbit that I learned today was "set points". We all have them. It's the weight our body likes to be at or has been at for a long time. It takes a year at a certain set point to set it. That makes sense. So, for me I need to stay at my goal for a year before it will be easier for me. Weight gaining vacations can destroy a set point. I thought this was interesting. Makes total sense to me.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #473
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sandy, did you switch shampoos? Even within the same brand? Sometimes that is the culprit.
yes Buffy, that sure happens to me... my hair loses color over-all... ends up white again...
Old 03-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #474

Wow, Carolyn, WTG!!!!! That's great!!! And I believe in that set point thing, totally! I think I've finally moved mine down but it's taken forever and after vacations or long, too much food weekends, I have to be vigilant to bring it back down. Then I can be much looser day in and day out and stay the same.

Nope, I haven't changed my shampoo. In fact, I've quit shampooing so often. And I've been home for over a month now so I can't imagine it's growing that much??? But maybe. And Debby, this last time was just a root touch up!! And the roots are what's shining at me in the mirror, lol.

I miss Easter egg hunts with the kids. Those were some great times! Enjoy while you can.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:40 PM   #475
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm now paranoid about roots. I have to ask my sister, my friends - is it showing? Is it too much? Can't believe how fast the grey comes up.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 PM   #476

I've never seen roots on any of my blond friends ever! I think you all are lucky because yours just blends in better. You don't get the skunk stripe, lol.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #477

What Sandy said......time for a color job for me. Maybe in the am.

WSU is playing pretty soon. Hope they beat
LaSalle.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:23 PM   #478
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yep Sandy, that's why I went blonde. My natural color used to be dark brunette, turned "white" in my early 40's... so I went blonde. Didn't want a skunk stripe. I had a friend who had that & let it get really wide before she colored her hair again... I think I'm too pale for dark hair now anyway. At one of the drug stores here they sell hair "mascara" to dye the roots in between. I bought some for my eyebrows, but it doesn't seem to work too well on those white hairs.

I had a good, long walk with my neighbor today. Unfortunately the dogs rolled in the muddy road several times, so Shelby had to have her first bath! That was not something she liked... she was good, but very unhappy. Poor baby! She still needs a good brushing, but I figure she's had enough torture for the evening.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #479
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yep Sandy, that's why I went blonde. My natural color used to be dark brunette, turned "white" in my early 40's... so I went blonde. Didn't want a skunk stripe. I had a friend who had that & let it get really wide before she colored her hair again... I think I'm too pale for dark hair now anyway. At one of the drug stores here they sell hair "mascara" to dye the roots in between. I bought some for my eyebrows, but it doesn't seem to work too well on those white hairs.

I had a good, long walk with my neighbor today. Unfortunately the dogs rolled in the muddy road several times, so Shelby had to have her first bath! That was not something she liked... she was good, but very unhappy. Poor baby! She still needs a good brushing, but I figure she's had enough torture for the evening.
Oh Shelby!!!! She certainly wonders what she did wrong! HA HA!

Debby I have one of those mascara things too. I bought it at my hairdresser's. I also use it on my eyebrows sometimes and also hoped it would work on roots. It's too goopy for hair, for my taste. Works great on my eyebrows, but I would really rather use the Clinique eyeshadow-type product on my eyebrows. Quicker!

You can't tell in pictures, but my colorist does 2 or 3 different colors of blonde/dark blonde/light brown hoping it won't look too brassy. I've always been blonde and I really thought I'd just be grey when it happened.

My cute smart funny 84-yr-old mother has always dyed her hair. In her pictures with her friends she looks 15 years younger than everyone else. It's OBVIOUS she dyes her hair, but she also OBVIOUSLY looks younger.
I'm going to keep dying my hair...
Old 03-28-2013, 07:53 PM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds pretty! (your hair)... so does she do it like streaking? That would take like forever! I mix a couple different shades... trying to "add color" to my white hair... but it does seem to fade out every month. Roots are the worst, but I always do all my hair because it fades out. I started dying my hair when I was in my early 30's. Started getting a beautiful streak, which I enjoyed, till it spread & my kids said that from behind I looked like an old lady. That was it. Went white again in Mexico, because of the sun & too long away, but really didn't like it. Now that dh is grey I was thinking I should join him, but I really feel uncomfortable that way right now.