Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Sandy I have a silicone muffin pan that I'd thought I'd use. Going to do some up in the morning and will let you all know if I get the dark spot.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 08:01 PM   #272
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
My spot isn't on the shell, it's inside on the white of the egg. Just so you know what to look for. How about yours Carolyn??
sjl330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:21 PM   #273
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Sandy, warmest thoughts to your family in regards to you FIL
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:05 PM   #274
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ok I'll check that when I do them in the morning. Thanks Sandy.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:05 AM   #275

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My spot isn't on the shell, it's inside on the white of the egg. Just so you know what to look for. How about yours Carolyn??
Yes, it was. I was wondering if we turned them half way if that would happen. They are so easy.

Alex's blood levels are coming down. Yesterday was 418 pre-shot and today it was 252. Now he is a total low carber. He only had crunchies at night, but no more.

Yesterday I made that 4 layer dessert, but made it as LC as I could. I did use Cool Whip and Sf pudding, so I figure for 15
pieces it would be about 10 carbs or less. I used lemon pudding but you could use anything. If anyone wants details, I'll be happy to share.

Exercise then errands. How is everyone feeling??!

CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #276

I'm interested Carolyn! Sounds yummy and Easter is right around the corner. Sounds like it might be a nice dessert for then.

That's good news on Alex! He has a wonderful care-giver.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #277
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Still no headache, an amazing feeling
Oh yeah!! God bless you, I feel for anyone with any chronic pain issues. I'm thinking maybe the shot helped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
My DFIL was placed on hospice care today. He wasn't even able to swallow this morning. I pray when the time comes, that he passes peacefully.
Oh, I'm sorry Sandy. Hospice is such a wonderful organization. Praying for peace for your family.

Carolyn, great news about Alex! So glad his sugars are coming down. Are you doing the FF or some other food? It was funny, my vet, whom I love and respect, told me there was no correlation between carbs and blood sugars in cats but I kept Noland LC and we did a glucose curve on him. That is a series of blood sugars 2 hours apart over the course of 10-12 hours. His lowest was 92 and his highest was 140. I'm like, "The cat's low carb!!". Vets are like doctors, very slow to come around from 1970's teaching of low fat and high starchy carb as being the best diet.

My Avi is my horse Chakka and me Longview horse trials 5/14

"Go sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here!"

Official freer of canned worms

Find me on Facebook: Cindy Cavanagh
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #278
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi y'all!
Sorry I've been scarce... busy getting ready for guests & now they're here till Sunday.

They arrived yesterday. I went in to work late, as I had to finish making their room up, then stayed late & that's when they called to have me meet them. So that worked out really well. I cooked ham for them for dinner, which made dh happy, since I never buy ham... Stayed up too late talking with them.

We got dumped on - with snow yesterday about 6 inches. I took Shelby for the ski-run...

Hope you have a great day
Old 03-14-2013, 08:08 AM   #279

Enjoy your guests Debby. And the snow. I know your pup does. I hope we are done with the snow for the year. Looking forward to some nice, gentle rain days.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:54 AM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Carolyn I'm interested, too!

Sandy I'm making pumpkin soup today, thank you.

Debby if I were having guests, my house would be SO much more picked-up! (Or more things would be stored in closets! LOL). I'm currently going (so very slowly) through different closets discarding some things, sending some things to charities, rearranging things... Guests would really hurry that up!

I am always shocked docs honestly know (they know - they know the effect of carbohydrates on blood sugar...) and still deny the effect of carbohydrates on blood sugar, cats or humans. OH well - Alex's mom knows. And Cindy's fur kids are also better-off!

Sandy is your DFIL at home? Or a facility of some kind?

Happy day to all.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 AM   #281
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Well, so far today I have pulled a full, tall mug of very hot coffee over onto me, my office chair and thankfully, the desk floormat. Ouch! I have a tender area on my tummy now.

Yes, Carolyn, the lemon dessert sounds wonderful for spring.

Judy, I am trying to do the same thing with closets, drawers, etc. but find myself thinking about it more than actually doing it. My cousin got all that done by moving, hmmm, don't want to move but may have to

Cindy, when I saw what they served me, as a diabetic, in the hospital I knew they still didn't "get" it.

Debby, enjoy your company. Wow, you get so much snow. Got an email from my DS in Iowa, they are so tired of winter.

Yes Cindy, the nerve block absolutely got rid of the Occipital N. headache. Seems now though that I had 3 headaches, the BP one, the ON one and one that is above my right eye, like where you would have a sinus headache, that one I still have but it is minor compared to the others. Could be a rebound headache from all the advil, etc. We will see. No headache meds for me if at all possible aside from the low dosage anti seizure med I am now on.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:43 AM   #282
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Just popping in for a wave and a . Good to see Alex is coming down in numbers and mommy is being a good nurse. We found all meat kibble for our dogs. Is Alex on a dry food like that? We just add some veggie that we are eating to the dry and they love it.

We found a Melita thermos type coffee maker and I just love it. Once the coffee is made the coffee pot goes where ever you are. I'm so lazy...HAHA! No more plug in now.

Judy when you mentioned cleaning out closets that reminds me of the large plastic container I have waiting in my garage for that very chore. I have a bunch of smaller clothes that I'm hoping to wear again filling up my closet space. I definitely need to start in my closet soon.

I finally got some egg powder from Honeyville so I can start mixing up the Basic Flour Mix for trying the little cakes. I have a couple of things to do today now. The mix and the baked eggs. So need to get busy. BBL.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gracious, Buffy! Take care in hot coffee land! Maybe you weren't awake yet - bet you were after the spill. Sorry about that.

Sharon I think you'll be surprised how much you like that basic flour mix and little cakes.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think so too. From the looks of all the verity on the mix board there are a lot of recipes to try. LOL.

Buffy put some coconut oil on that tummy to help with the burn. Sorry you started out your day with a hot coffee bath.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #285

Hi ladies..

I was at the oil change place and met a lady with really bad daily headaches..I told her about you, Buffy and to get herself to a neurologist if the meds don't work. I told her about your nerve block, too..She has had these for 6 months and has a big job at Amazon, so there is no relief. Thanks for sharing, Buffy..Her headaches are in the right back of her head..????

Okay, I'll share....LOL

Low Carb Layered Dessert

Crust:

Preheat oven to 325..

Mix in a bowl:

1 1/4 cups of almond flour
one stick of butter, soft
3 Tbs. of Splenda

Cut the butter in until it is all incorporated..Then press the mixture in a Pammed 9 x 13
inch pan..Bake for about 15 minutes until done, then cool on a rack..

2nd layer:

1/2 of a 9 ounce container of Cool Whip
8 ounces of softened cream cheese
Splenda or other sweetener..Maybe 1/2 cup or less..

Mix this in a bowl until creamy..Then layer this on top of the cooled, cooked crust

3rd layer:

2 small boxes of SF instant pudding..(any flavor, except vanilla, I think)
2 1/2 cups of milk

Mix well in a bowl and layer on top of the white layer

4th layer:

Spread the rest of the Cool Whip on top..I like to put chopped nuts on top for "interest".

Cover and refrigerate several hours..

No idea how many calories, etc..LOL..If you want, you could certainly use whipped cream instead of the Cool Whip.

Alex is eating FFeast..and taking his kidney meds..I'm stopping his special kidney carby
food and his carby treats. Wet food is the food of choice for diabetic cats..and he loves it..
Old 03-14-2013, 11:49 AM   #286
Big Yapper!!!!

Yummy Carolyn!

The occipital neuralgia headaches can be either side of the back of the head, there is a nerve there that gets bruised or inflamed, either by an injury, repetitive motion ( kind of like carpal tunnel) or for some unknown reason. The nerve block is a steroid shot that heals the inflamation, so, if that is the cause of the headache, it works. In my case, it seems it might have been what was wrong. The reason I wanted the 2nd opinion is that it is something they have to determine by symptoms, they can't "see" it on a cat scan, etc. The neurologist said the worst thing to do is to keep taking pain pills like advil, etc. because they can tear up your stomach and you can start having rebound headaches from the meds, he gave me an article on that and it all makes sense. So, yes, the lady you talked to really needs to see someone and not try to treat it herself like I did for a long time. Those headaches go back way before the ones caused by the high blood pressure.

Ok, to add insult to injury, I had the coffee mug sitting on my desk, in front of my desk telephone, which we basically just use these days for our business line. So, the phone rang, I didn't have the office light on, picked up the phone, NOONE answered me back, one of those sales calls where there is a delay) and when I hung up the phone, with the cord, it tangled with my mug, spilling it on me. At first, I thought I had gotten shocked, in the dark I did not see it pulling the mug over. So, now the mug will sit on the other side of the my U shaped desk!

Think I will run over to Kohl's, they have a sale starting on Toddler clothing tomorrow, Carters, Osh Gosh, etc. is 50% off and I have a 20% off coupon to use in addition to that, PLUS, yes, wait, there is more folks, I have a $10 off when you spend $30 coupon. Mema thinks it is a perfect time to pick Ollie up some summer short and top outfits. I will check it out today so that I can quickly go by tomorrow and buy what I have picked out. I usually buy the kids some clothing when they are real little, once they get a little older it isn't so much fun and I leave it up to Mom and Dad to do that. I just enjoy buying clothes for the little ones. Need to check with DDIL to make sure what sizes she thinks he needs for this spring, he isn't very big around but is really tall for his age.
Old 03-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #287
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

If I knew the gender of my grands-to-be I'd be at Kohl's too!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #288
Big Yapper!!!!

Picked out at least 3 cute short outfits for Ollie at Kohl's.

When my 2 oldest DGC were little, born a year apart while Dad was in grad school and Mom working full time, I kept those 2 little ones in clothes. If you ever want to know how to live on NOTHING, call that DD, she became a pro, but with grad school behind them, both of the kids now grown, they are certainly reaping the rewards of their hard work and sacrifice. So proud of them
Old 03-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #289
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Cindy, when I saw what they served me, as a diabetic, in the hospital I knew they still didn't "get" it.

I was doing a Pre-op interview on a diabetic patient when they brought her dinner. I almost stammered! A slice of turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, SF jello, SF pudding and a fruit cup. A little protein and all carbs......and her BS at the time was 400! I didn't even know what to say!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:30 PM   #290

Yes, Cindy, that's exactly what they serve. And then there I am trying to tell my dad what to eat and what not to eat and he's confused because the hospital is feeding him all the things I'm telling him to avoid. I went through the same thing with my mom too. Very frustrating!!

Buffy, you are a great mema!! I did that for my grandkids too. I know how much it helps out the parents and the budget. We always helped out with sports fees too. Those are unbelievable nowadays!

We went to Outback tonight and had the steak and lobster special. It was so good and we had a $10 coupon! Yum!

And our Kansas teams both won tonight!! Yay!!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 03-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I was doing a Pre-op interview on a diabetic patient when they brought her dinner. I almost stammered! A slice of turkey with gravy, mashed potatoes, SF jello, SF pudding and a fruit cup. A little protein and all carbs......and her BS at the time was 400! I didn't even know what to say!
Oh, my dinner didnt have the SF stuff, it had a yeast roll and orange Sherbert!
Old 03-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #292
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My typeI DH's favorite hospital food! Sherbet..... sheesh.....
Old 03-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #293
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, you are great to help with those sports fees, they are ridiculous, I just cringe when I think about kids whose families can't afford to let them participate.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:02 AM   #294

Hi ladies

Buffy, my headache friend was sent to a eye doctor in KC and there was no problem there. I'm sure she will be seeing a neurologist after she visits her sisters law this week who is a nurse.

The LC lemon dessert was a big hit. So I have another go-to recipe to make.

Yeah for KS teams. Two tough games today.

I increased Alex's insulin to 3 units and took his bg 2 hours later and it was 196. That was after eating his LC breakfast. Hopefully we can
Keep it down.

Cindy, good grief on that lady's dinner. People don't get it. However in the cat food world, some diabetic cat foods have very few carbs. So the cat food peeps understand that.

Judy you will find out pretty soon on the gender of your babies, won't you???

Better get dressed.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #295
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The kids are telling me it'll be several more weeks before we find out the gender of the babies. 15 or 16 weeks? Not sure.

We are at 11 and 9 weeks.. (yay!)
Old 03-15-2013, 08:32 AM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH!

I keep forgetting to tell you - Sandy that pumpkin sausage soup was delicious.
I admit I added an extra pound of sausage because I had it and it needed to be used.
We will enjoy that for several days. DD11weeks enjoyed it too!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:42 AM   #297

I've never met a person yet who didn't love that soup recipe. I'm so glad you all liked it.
My BFF's DD just found out she's having a baby girl and her baby is due end of July I think. She already has 2 little boys so we're all very excited about the baby girl news.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Getting ready to go meet DD for the movie.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:02 PM   #299
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good evening ladies. I'm really late tonight.

Sandy tried the baked eggs and didn't bake them long enough so they were soft when the 30 mins were up. Going to give it another try when we use these up for breakfasts.

I made some Fried rice for lunch using cauliflower that we really good. Took care of the leftover chicken breast tenders.

So far I'm doing good with my eating. Today though I had some blueberries with yogurt. Hopefully I didn't hurt myself too bad. Tomorrow I'll know for sure.

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 03-15-2013 at 07:03 PM..
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #300

Hi gals..

I like that pumpkin soup, too..

Just finished the lemon dessert leftovers. My friend who went to the meeting loved it.
In a week I have a request for a chocolate one..LOL..

Well, update on Alex..His blood sugar was 95 (normal) 5 hours after his insulin injection.
So, I'm hoping that in the a.m. it will be still down..

Watching KSU..hope they win..of course..