Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #211
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I just ordered that from ebay along with the Princess Cake one on the advice of those who use them on the Flour thread. I like to bake and make cakes anyway so it won't be wasted.

Yes, Carolyn, I plugged those cakes into a tracker and saw they were 18 grams of fiber each. I haven't had issue though.....yet!
I saw you asked about that on the other thread and I didn't say anything there.
That is a LOT of fiber for me all at once. That said, I am not able to eat the whole thing all at once, but I sure am able to eat the whole thing during an entire day.

I can't tell what will irritate my gut, and while I feel very full for quite some time after eating this, it has caused me no distress.

And now you see why I didn't write this novel on the other thread!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I have both arm and wrist types. I didn't think the wrist one was as accurate but I did find that I wasn't using it correctly, once I corrected that, I found it easier to use and as accurate. And, I have also found that the drs office can be inaccurate as well.
I ordered a wrist model.

Thank you for your help!

Hope you are OK today.
Maybe you are so OK you are visiting somewhere!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:07 PM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Just delivered a lasagne to my pregnant neighbor (diabetic). Her little boy is due on Thursday via a C-section. Praying everything goes okay. She will freeze the lasagne. Freezer meals are the new things for the younger crowd...LOL..
Do we have a new neighbor baby?
That is so funny about kiddos thinking freezer meals are "new"!


I've been looking and looking for the quote where you said your DD was leaving Sundance and had had such a great time she was sad to leave.
Is she back home? How is she doing? Bless her. What a great experience to have had. I love knowing someone had something so great it made them cry to leave.

Delivered a meat loaf, cauliflower mash, and roasted Brussels sprouts to DDBP and her DH. I also made but did not yet bake little molten chocolate cakes for their Valentine desserts. I think you bake at 375 for 11 or so minutes, then flip it onto a plate, but it must be served immediately, so I am letting her do that. I also made whipped cream.
I think this was my swan song. Love her, hope she "gets it", and I have done everything I can think of....
__________________
Judy
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi

Yes, Grayson was born via Csection this morning. His dad posted his pic on Facebook. Everyone is doing great. They had a diabetes specialist on hand during the surgery.

Beth and Shawn are driving back to KCity starting tomorrow. He is flying out in the morning and the will pack up the SUV. I think her Sd experience was amazing workwise and fun wise. She made some good friends so that is great.

Made the cake. Yummy.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 PM   #215
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi

Yes, Grayson was born via Csection this morning. His dad posted his pic on Facebook. Everyone is doing great. They had a diabetes specialist on hand during the surgery.

Beth and Shawn are driving back to KCity starting tomorrow. He is flying out in the morning and the will pack up the SUV. I think her Sd experience was amazing workwise and fun wise. She made some good friends so that is great.

Made the cake. Yummy.
Yay!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,200
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Well, after all that "looking forward" to tonight, Dave came home sick. So I couldn't let him go expose people to flu, so we stayed home. He's feverish & achy all over.

I did my big cook-off, baked a turkey, cooked pans full of Swiss chard & broccoli. Now I'm all set. Still have to de-bone the turkey tomorrow. I enjoyed eating the turkey skin so much!

My tummy really misses the carbs, will see how it goes. Hoping to get rid of the water retention.

Do you all check your ketones for this? I think I remember Buffy does? Do you know how many calories you eat?
__________________
Debby's Maintaining Mutterings
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 PM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Well, after all that "looking forward" to tonight, Dave came home sick. So I couldn't let him go expose people to flu, so we stayed home. He's feverish & achy all over.

I did my big cook-off, baked a turkey, cooked pans full of Swiss chard & broccoli. Now I'm all set. Still have to de-bone the turkey tomorrow. I enjoyed eating the turkey skin so much!

My tummy really misses the carbs, will see how it goes. Hoping to get rid of the water retention.

Do you all check your ketones for this? I think I remember Buffy does? Do you know how many calories you eat?
I think it takes a few days to stop missing carbs. I admit, I do not miss them anymore. But I sure use a lot of artificial sweeteners and alternative flours.

I would think you might notice a lack of water retention as early as tomorrow.

Debby, I'll have to look for my list of calories Barry Groves recommends.
I think I remember Carolyn's new smart nutrition person saying 1300 calories to lose... and you are already so low, and at goal...

I have checked my ketones in the past and still have strips to test my blood for ketones. I just don't care very much about my ketons - if I'm not hungry. That is the benefit to me - not being hungry. And preserving lean body mass is surely important.

I am so sorry your DH has the flu, *sigh* - glad you have some food cooked and stored!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:12 PM   #218
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,200
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I think it takes a few days to stop missing carbs. I admit, I do not miss them anymore. But I sure use a lot of artificial sweeteners and alternative flours.

I would think you might notice a lack of water retention as early as tomorrow.

Debby, I'll have to look for my list of calories Barry Groves recommends.
I think I remember Carolyn's new smart nutrition person saying 1300 calories to lose... and you are already so low, and at goal...

I have checked my ketones in the past and still have strips to test my blood for ketones. I just don't care very much about my ketons - if I'm not hungry. That is the benefit to me - not being hungry. And preserving lean body mass is surely important.

I am so sorry your DH has the flu, *sigh* - glad you have some food cooked and stored!
That's a good number (1300) I eat 13-1500 @ day. Course we're all different "heights."
Hope you're right about the water wt.
Yes, you do use a lot of those flours & sweeteners. That's something I'm not going back to - sweeteners. I really like not having to get up 5 .+ times a night. (Dr Oz was right about that one.)
You're right about the "hunger" thing. As long as the hunger goes away. I am noticing that the little bit of fat that I have, is moving - to my belly weird how the body does that, moves it around.
Yeah, sad that he's sick. Getting worse.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:06 AM   #219
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies

No lights here. The electric company said they should be back on by 7.

Debby, sorry about your dh and the flu. Not good. There are a lot of sickies around here.
Dh and I have been lucky. Maybe we are in the 60 percent that the flu shot works for.

Judy is right. Try 1300 calories and see how that goes. For me, I do best a bit lower than that.

I'm like you gals. I don't like to feel hungry!!!
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 05:41 AM   #220
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,946
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I saw you asked about that on the other thread and I didn't say anything there.
That is a LOT of fiber for me all at once. That said, I am not able to eat the whole thing all at once, but I sure am able to eat the whole thing during an entire day.

I can't tell what will irritate my gut, and while I feel very full for quite some time after eating this, it has caused me no distress.

And now you see why I didn't write this novel on the other thread!
But for 115 calories, it really is a bargain that needs to be shouted from the roof tops!! I absolutely am going to make the Chai buttermilk donuts this weekend from that thread!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:19 AM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
That's a good number (1300) I eat 13-1500 @ day. Course we're all different "heights."
Hope you're right about the water wt.
Yes, you do use a lot of those flours & sweeteners. That's something I'm not going back to - sweeteners. I really like not having to get up 5 .+ times a night. (Dr Oz was right about that one.)
You're right about the "hunger" thing. As long as the hunger goes away. I am noticing that the little bit of fat that I have, is moving - to my belly weird how the body does that, moves it around.
Yeah, sad that he's sick. Getting worse.
I once again applaud your great success with losing weight and keeping it off. You are either allergic to so many thing and have removed those things, overcome your adrenal fatigue, and so many things I can't keep track.

I have chosen to eat no grains (except oat fiber which goes through undigested, I believe) but have no ill effects from artificial sweeteners, so I'm going to keep enjoying those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi ladies

No lights here. The electric company said they should be back on by 7.

Debby, sorry about your dh and the flu. Not good. There are a lot of sickies around here.
Dh and I have been lucky. Maybe we are in the 60 percent that the flu shot works for.
Carolyn I think my flu shot worked for me, too. DDBP had the flu shot and still got the flu - but wow she is sure over it and does NOT have the cough, thank goodness! DH took 3 weeks to finally rid himself of the cough.

What a night/day for your electric to be out! I hope it's back on by now because it is COLD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
But for 115 calories, it really is a bargain that needs to be shouted from the roof tops!! I absolutely am going to make the Chai buttermilk donuts this weekend from that thread!
Cindy I am with you on that calorie bargain for great taste and incredible creations people are making.
I 'ruin' mine a little every time because I like to add a Tbsp. of HWC to make it moist. I bet if I just nuked it a little less it would still be quite moist.

I have such a long list of things I want to make from that mix, but keep making the things we know will work well and people rave over... I really want to make Ouizoid's cookies from that mix - she said they were indistinguishable from high carb - let me know if you want her recipe.

Did you see someone has used it to bread cube steaks and made chicken fried steak - AND gravy?? Are you kidding me?

This mix appears to be a flour replacement, and people are cutting in butter (and when I say "people" I am looking in the mirror... ) and using it for pie crust and southern biscuits, etc. In other words, very high calorie items. I can just hear people saying, "Why am I not losing? Why am I gaining?"
Calories still count - at least for me...
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:20 AM   #222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Sandy haven't you been away long enough?

Because you have been away long enough.

- - - - - -
Sharon?
Buffy?

I am missing people.

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-15-2013 at 06:21 AM..
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 AM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,783
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Hi, just a quick check in, realized I had not even done that yesterday. Was busy with DGS and a nail appt., doesn't take much to be "busy" for me these days.

Another busy day today and then back to more normal I hope tomorrow.

I saw that about the breaded steaks and the gravy Judy, and how she might be on the track to getting it to a manufacture, which would be so great for her, and us of course, LOL.

Carolyn, hope your power is back on.

Debby, sorry to hear your DH is sick.

Sorry, hello to everyone and not enough time this morning. More later.
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:37 AM   #224
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 5,946
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Judy, calories count for me too. I nuke mine for 2 min and 45 seconds. I also take a cup of frozen berries, thaw them and crush them with some sweetener and pour over the sliced cake for a less than 300 calorie snack. The coconut accents the berries nicely.
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:49 AM   #225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Sorry to be missing gals. I found a way of eating that I think is going to save my life. After going a bit on the crazy side with the constant up and down readings on the scale each morning. I found The Plan and started reading. I'm finding inflammation is my big problem. I'm now re-introducing foods one at a time and weighing to see what happens. This morning after being up 5 pounds I'm now down to where I was at 279.8. As long as there is progress I know I'm on the right road. And yes fats are a good thing. It's just certain foods that cause the problem.
__________________

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Sharon are you finding yourself allergic to certain foods?
Glad to hear from you!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #227
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals...

Meeting, then out for a salad with 3 LCers..(patients of my Dr.).

Lights came on at 6:30..I bought a new flashlight. I think we have lots of them, but the batteries die..This one is supposed to last for 7 years..We shall see.

Yes, the strawberries are coming out..they will look better in a couple of weeks, I think.

Making my standard dessert for the funeral tomorrow..I'm not on the committee, but still bring something. I'm bringing my Brownie Torte..They asked me to do a SF dessert..It is simple dimple..Not totally sugar free (Cool Whip/SF pudding), but lower carbs than a cookie..

Sandy should be home soon...I think..

Dh is taking me out to dinner for a late Vday..I take a dinner out anytime..
__________________
Sizzling July Challenge

147
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #228
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Sharon are you finding yourself allergic to certain foods?
Glad to hear from you!
According to the book certain foods just effect people with more inflammatory issues that others do. The Plan is a very interesting book and I think it's going to help me through all the chaos with the weight fluctuation.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:42 PM   #229
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
According to the book certain foods just effect people with more inflammatory issues that others do. The Plan is a very interesting book and I think it's going to help me through all the chaos with the weight fluctuation.
Oh! That's what it's called - "The Plan."
Got it.

Now I've got to google it LOL!

Happy dinner out, Carolyn!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #230
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
No dinner out as I dipped into the Sf pudding while making my dessert for tomorrow. So we will go out for lunch tomorrow. If I'm not hungry, I don't want to eat out. Novel, huh??

See you tomorrow.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #231
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Good choice, my friend.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #232
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,816
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Sandy haven't you been away long enough?

Because you have been away long enough.

- - - - - -
Sharon?
Buffy?

I am missing people.
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #233
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,816
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Long and busy day.
I need to quit scheduling so many appointments in one day!

But my hair is cute, my eyes are fine, we have groceries, library books, prescriptions, .....

And I'm back to feeling puny!

I'm so ready for the weekend.

Carolyn - glad you have heat again!!

Judy - I just want to come to your house every night for dinner (and dessert!)

Sharon - I'm so glad you found a good eating plan!

Debby - sorry about DH!!

Buffy - how is your DGS doing with his shots?

Cindy - how are the new horses?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:25 AM   #234
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals

Slept in til 8!!!

Yes, we all want to eat at Judy's.

MK, you are feeling puny??? Not good, but you have cute hair.

Lunch out today with dh for our late Valentines Day.

Beth and Shawn drove to Grand Junction, Co last night then will head home. KC is 14 hours from there. They might do it in one day or not.

Was 146 this morning. Hope I can stay at 145 before my weigh-in at the dr. The end of the month.

Have a great day everyone. Hope Grant is getting more regular readings. It is probably all about adjusting goods and insulin. So much work for a young man.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #235
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 8,783
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!
Thanks to all of you for helping me "mother" my Grant or as he probably thinks at times "smother" him . No, he really doesn't, he wrote me a note on the valentine he gave me, thanking me for all the extra help these past 3 weeks. When we went to get his allergy shot and out to eat on Thursday, he asked if he could come over and spend the day on Monday since he doesn't have school , I said "of course". I might try to get in to see my regular family Dr. That day, now that the blood pressure is staying low and it now seems will just be a matter of adjusting meds, I want to confer with Dr. About who to follow up with on the other problem, the occipital neuralgia which is still giving me headaches daily. The 2 problems just seem to have collided on me at the same time, at least if that is the reason I am still having the one type of headache. Wasn't impressed with the neurosurgeon at the hospital so thinking of going to another neurologist to get 2nd opinion and perhaps some help. I wake up with and go to bed with a headache every day, advil works but I don't want to take this much advil forever. Oh, what a mess I feel these days, but, I swear, I am making progress.

Have any of you tried the kelp noodles? I saw a thread about them on the recipe help board. I have never tried the miracle ones due to the "fishy" comments but the kelp ones sound interesting.

MK, wow, I need a day like yours to get that much done!! I have made appt with DDIL to get my hair trimmed/colored next Wed., so will drive to Austin on Tues, spend the night with them and spend time with my little Ollie, then probably drive home after hair on wed unless I am too tired.

Carolyn, I could not have stayed out of the pudding either

Sharon, keep us informed of your new eating plan, just watched a show the other day about inflammation.

Hi Judy, Cindy, did you see all the new posts on our little cakes thread. I like the Better Than Flour name and the new recipe sticky.

When is Sandy due back.

Debby hope everyone at your church is getting well finally.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:21 AM   #236
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,200
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Good morning girls,
I slept in this morning too.
DH is sick now, the pastors are better now, except one, who seems to always have a marathon cold (has kids & eats sugar as main staple). DH got sick on valentines day, slept all day yesterday & is slightly better today, albeit weak. Is it the flu if it starts with a fever?

I'm looking forward to a lazy day. Hoping to make headway on books, some housework, etc.

Did my hair on valentines day... mixed 2 colors & it turned out nice.

I went without grains & fruit completely last 2 days. Down 2.5 lbs of the inflammation. Would really like to get to the bottom of what caused it.

See you later!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #237
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,347
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
I'm waiting for a couple of things to arrive before I really do true testing on this plan. Right now I've just been reading and doing some little experiments. I haven't detoxed yet. Will do it right when I have all the tools in place.

Next week we get our taxes done and the inspector will stop by to check our new heater. Aside from that we lead a very boring lifestyle. Wondering when we will see Sandy back with us. I bet she is having a wonderful time on the beach.

Time to start my day. Have a good one!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:17 AM   #238
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,366
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals

Will have to see The Plan on-line and check it out.

Debby,yeah for those two pounds plus down. I can't do grains without gaining and inflaming

Waiting for dh to call me. He went to Lauren's funeral today.

Buffy. We want you totally healed.

A couple of gals swear by oil of oregano when the get the crud. My friend had dried oregano and she put it in a tea ball and made some tea. She felt better and better throughout the day!!!
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:43 AM   #239
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Hi!

Long and busy day.
I need to quit scheduling so many appointments in one day!

But my hair is cute, my eyes are fine, we have groceries, library books, prescriptions, .....

And I'm back to feeling puny!

I'm so ready for the weekend.

Carolyn - glad you have heat again!!

Judy - I just want to come to your house every night for dinner (and dessert!)

Sharon - I'm so glad you found a good eating plan!

Debby - sorry about DH!!

Buffy - how is your DGS doing with his shots?

Cindy - how are the new horses?
Mary Kay!!
Is there a much better day than getting all that done?
I don't know personally, but I hear it's great.
And then to say your hair is cute on top of it all?

Now -why do you feel puny? Just too much "doing" at once? Or something else? This board of friends wants to know so we can offer suggestions, one or two of which may make you feel better, and all will make you feel loved!
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #240
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,123
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I wake up with and go to bed with a headache every day, advil works but I don't want to take this much advil forever. Oh, what a mess I feel these days, but, I swear, I am making progress.
That was, I guess, a coincidence that the 2 things happened at the same time, well, 3 things - you had also just quickly lost 30 pounds! I agree with Carolyn - we want you totally well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Have any of you tried the kelp noodles? I saw a thread about them on the recipe help board. I have never tried the miracle ones due to the "fishy" comments but the kelp ones sound interesting.
I have two or three packages of kelp noodles. They feel rubbery in the package and awhile ago Cindy and Carolyn and I were talking about what to do with the kelp noodles - Cindy suggested possibly using as an egg roll wrapper, which I immediately did not follow-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Sharon, keep us informed of your new eating plan, just watched a show the other day about inflammation.
I just downloaded her free fall menu. It looks flavorful. Modified low carb, but still uses maple syrup and agave (small amounts) and some fruits I might not otherwise use. But it looks like she does not use wheat or other grains, maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Hi Judy, Cindy, did you see all the new posts on our little cakes thread. I like the Better Than Flour name and the new recipe sticky.
I like the Better Than Flour name, too. I think it really is a pretty good flour replacement. I would be pleased if she could profit from "inventing" that.

I realize you are busy, probably trying to catch up and get back to normal - I love it that you took time to post and let us know how you are doing.
JMCM1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.