Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 10:10 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,096
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
*gasp*
Another product to buy!
But reading that thread it looks like some are going to add corn bran!! The giant bag of stuff I can't remember why I bought....

OK! Back to my treadmill!
I thought the same thing, was even googling where to buy the darn stuff. But, then, I decided to just subscribe to the thread and follow it for a while before I got too excited. but, wow, wasn't that a pretty loaf of bread???
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I thought the same thing, was even googling where to buy the darn stuff. But, then, I decided to just subscribe to the thread and follow it for a while before I got too excited. but, wow, wasn't that a pretty loaf of bread???
Absolutely beautiful. Bread is the elusive thing in the low carb world.


I honestly think desserts have been conquered - at least as far as I'm concerned. I'll have to be as careful with low carb desserts as high carb - but what a pleasure to be able to say "yes" sometimes!

My laundry does the same thing and I do not know why. We are only 2 people! How does laundry grow so quickly??
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:00 AM   #183
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,761
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies.

Oh, Judy, thanks for the nommie recipe..I will make it for tomorrow night..We are staying home, too crowded, plus I have a luncheon at noon..So, we will go out Friday night..nothing special, but no cooking for me.

My fingers don't go too fast on the keyboard..

This is a very sad story..(warning).

Some of you might remember that young mom (24..3 kids) who was killed texting on her way to work last May? The family belongs to our church. Well, their other daughter (20) died yesterday. Supposedly, a doctor (who didn't know her at all and her history(?)) gave her a prescription and she didn't wake up in the a.m. We had a prayer meeting with them last night at church. Sooo devastating..All their children are gone. They do have 3 grandchildren left..

To change the subject: I was wondering about lupine flour..Judy or Buffy, you go first..

Snow is melting, but it was pretty while it lasted..I actually went to the store and got some food..Made sloppy joes and made some oopsie rolls to go with them. Best way to eat it, is open faced..

I also made some cream cheese muffins..I'm done for a while..
__________________
Aghast at our Weight Loss Challenge

149
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #184
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,096
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I am just going to follow the thread for a while on the lupine flour.

I keep meaning to make oopsie rolls, I actually like them.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #185
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,096
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Carolyn, that is so sad for that family, makes you wonder why things like that happen. Are the grandparent's raising the children or helping the father out?
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
I am just going to follow the thread for a while on the lupine flour.

I keep meaning to make oopsie rolls, I actually like them.
Same here - just following that thread.

Buffy I cannot believe you said that about oopsie rolls. I have had so many nice things lately, all from almond flour, that I sort of miss the lightness of the oopsies. I agree - I like them too.

Carolyn that is a devastating story. I will keep them all in my prayers. Well, your whole congregation because I am sure this is so difficult for everyone who knows them.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 PM   #187
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,096
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
15 minutes on treadmill and 2-3 minutes slowdown. Tried reading my iPad kindle app but the print was just a little small for where it sat. Prob will try one of my audio books tomorrow. Have nice tv there but Dh was watching one of "his" shows
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #188
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Well done!

When looking at blood pressure monitors, I want one that measures at the arm and not the wrist? Any suggestions of types?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #189
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
How does this sound?

Omron BP785 10 Series Upper Arm Blood Pressure Monitor

Omron Feature Calibration Check System
Dual sensors automatically double check each reading, providing you with added reassurance that each reading is accurate.

Omron Feature Irregular Heartbeat Detector
Detect irregular heartbeats while your blood pressure is being measured. If an irregular heartbeat is detected, an indicator icon will appear, alerting you so you can consult with your medical professional.

Omron Feature Cuff Wrap Guide
Indicator confirms the cuff has been wrapped correctly on your arm.

Omron Feature BP Level Indicator
Shows how your reading compares to internationally recognized guidelines for normal home blood pressure levels.
Omron Feature Two User Mode
Allows two different users to monitor and track their readings separately in the stored memory.

Omron Feature ComFit Cuff
Patented by Omron®, the pre-formed arm cuff expands to fit both regular and large sized arms to ensure more comfortable, accurate readings.

Omron Feature TruRead
Automatically takes three consecutive readings one minute apart and displays the average, following the guidelines set by internationally recognized guidelines for home blood pressure measurement.

Omron Feature AC Adapter
AC adapter that plugs into your wall and ensures your monitor is ready to use whenever you are.

Omron Feature Advanced Averaging
With a touch of a button you can review an eight week history of your weekly morning and evening blood pressure averages.

Omron Feature 200 Memory Storage
100 memory storage for each person (200 total) with date and time stamp allows you to review the last 100 readings with a touch of a button.

--------------------------------------------
I promise I'm not selling this thing - only shopping!
It's $60.
__________________
Judy
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn - little chocolate cake

I am making little cakes and forgot to add:

I add two envelopes of that green-container zero calorie sweetener.
It is the Wal-Mart brand of Truvia - it's erythritol and stevia extract.
I like my cakes a little sweet.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #191
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,096
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
I have both arm and wrist types. I didn't think the wrist one was as accurate but I did find that I wasn't using it correctly, once I corrected that, I found it easier to use and as accurate. And, I have also found that the drs office can be inaccurate as well.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #192
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,761
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Thanks, Judy. I always taste the raw dough when I am making anything chocolate.

Buffy, good for you on the treadmill. Easy does it.
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #193
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,385
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
So sad Carolyn for your friends.

My sil was having a 3 hr meeting with his pastor today. that God brings him through this victorious! dd is doing so much better & thanks you all for the God has given her some great comfort & promises. I'm so looking forward to hearing how it went today.

Happy for Judy & Buffy! Way to get moving!!

Gotta go "run" the pooch... ttyl
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #194
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,038
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I am making little cakes and forgot to add:

I add two envelopes of that green-container zero calorie sweetener.
It is the Wal-Mart brand of Truvia - it's erythritol and stevia extract.
I like my cakes a little sweet.
I tried that but it wasn't as good as Truvia. I just ordered tagatose, E, powdered E, stevia and Nectresse in an attempt to make a blend. I am going to add a touch of molasses too. You all know I'm not much of an LC baker but that Fabulous Flour thread has me going! Did any of you see those valentine donuts on that thread??!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:19 PM   #195
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,839
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Carolyn - that's just tragic!!

Buffy - great job on the exercise!

Debby - Prayers for your sil!

Judy - you're sending me cake . . . . right?



No Valentine's plans this week for us ~ but next week, we're going to St Louis to see The Book of Mormon at The Fox Theatre
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:24 PM   #196
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,038
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Wow, Carolyn, I just read your sad account of the 20 year old. That poor family, having to bury 2 children.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:06 PM   #197
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Judy - you're sending me cake . . . . right?

I'm hurt you even had to ask!

Of course I'm sending you cake!!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #198
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
I tried that but it wasn't as good as Truvia. I just ordered tagatose, E, powdered E, stevia and Nectresse in an attempt to make a blend. I am going to add a touch of molasses too. You all know I'm not much of an LC baker but that Fabulous Flour thread has me going! Did any of you see those valentine donuts on that thread??!
Oh my yes. That's the "flour" I used to make my little chocolate cakes.
My sister pulled over on her way home to text me how good it was.
And it darn sure is.

And now I'm reading on that thread yet another product I probably need - "Sweet Dough Butter Bakery Emulsion."
Since it's not underlined, I guess Netrition doesn't sell it.
*sigh*
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:09 PM   #199
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
So sad Carolyn for your friends.

My sil was having a 3 hr meeting with his pastor today. that God brings him through this victorious! dd is doing so much better & thanks you all for the God has given her some great comfort & promises. I'm so looking forward to hearing how it went today.
Sure hope this SIL remembers who loves him.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #200
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,385
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Thanks girls,
Yes, I hope SIL remembers too. SO want to call & see how it went, but have to keep praying & wait to hear.

Enjoying the new Survivor. Didn't think I would enjoy the favorites coming back, but the way they're doing it made it interesting.

I was looking at the %'s that you guys are doing... Wow! How do you do it? Isn't it constipating without fiber? I guess that because I am so restricted in what I can eat (no dairy, no deli), I have a hard time figuring out how to eat & stay healthy on those percentages. You're all into cooking too. My only "cooking" is to cook up lots of fresh meat & veggies. I would like to try your way of eating, to see if its even possible... Does the extra fat make you regular? I'm inquisitive tonight...

We have a "Date Night Challenge" tomorrow night, for Valentine's. Its a special event put together by Focus on the Family that our church is holding for the whole community. Should be fun. What are y'all doing?
__________________
Debby's Day

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:43 PM   #201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Thanks girls,
Yes, I hope SIL remembers too. SO want to call & see how it went, but have to keep praying & wait to hear.

Enjoying the new Survivor. Didn't think I would enjoy the favorites coming back, but the way they're doing it made it interesting.

I was looking at the %'s that you guys are doing... Wow! How do you do it? Isn't it constipating without fiber? I guess that because I am so restricted in what I can eat (no dairy, no deli), I have a hard time figuring out how to eat & stay healthy on those percentages. You're all into cooking too. My only "cooking" is to cook up lots of fresh meat & veggies. I would like to try your way of eating, to see if its even possible... Does the extra fat make you regular? I'm inquisitive tonight...

We have a "Date Night Challenge" tomorrow night, for Valentine's. Its a special event put together by Focus on the Family that our church is holding for the whole community. Should be fun. What are y'all doing?
You are being so wise - waiting to hear instead of butting in.
*whisper* I hope I remember this.....

I was not constipated with extra fiber before eating LC. But I do have a sensitive gut. I will never be the person who can take a baby aspirin every day -rips me up.
Sometimes extra fiber either naturally or by way of supplement would make me feel like I was "sick".

Eating higher fat, moderate protein, low carb has not made me constipated. I do eat plenty of vegetables, though. Very few fruits - a few strawberries, but quite infrequently - same for blueberries.

The little cakes I keep banging on about - have a lot of fiber - oat fiber. Our Cindy figured about 18g per little cake? (I could be wrong) I get a little uncomfortable with that much, but not enough to stop me from doing anything. I bet it's an individual thing, though.

Cooking up fresh meat and vegetables sounds so sensible and healthy. Sounds like you are doing exactly the right thing.

I like desserts and breads occasionally -- not always -- so am always interested in those foods.

DH and I will stay home tomorrow and enjoy our own boring company. HA HA! I am still cooking for DDBP, but I think tomorrow night's meatloaf, mashed cauliflower and little chocolate cake for their Valentine's Day will be all I do. Unless she asks me! Plus I think the brain in my new grandchild has been formed this week. I got my nutrition in!

I made a little chocolate cake for my aerobic swim class instructor who announced he is now gluten free, but (sadly) using rice flour to sub.
I'll show him!

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-13-2013 at 09:44 PM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:17 PM   #202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,385
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
You are being so wise - waiting to hear instead of butting in.
*whisper* I hope I remember this.....
I was not constipated with extra fiber before eating LC. But I do have a sensitive gut. I will never be the person who can take a baby aspirin every day -rips me up.
Sometimes extra fiber either naturally or by way of supplement would make me feel like I was "sick".
Eating higher fat, moderate protein, low carb has not made me constipated. I do eat plenty of vegetables, though. Very few fruits - a few strawberries, but quite infrequently - same for blueberries.
The little cakes I keep banging on about - have a lot of fiber - oat fiber. Our Cindy figured about 18g per little cake? (I could be wrong) I get a little uncomfortable with that much, but not enough to stop me from doing anything. I bet it's an individual thing, though.
Cooking up fresh meat and vegetables sounds so sensible and healthy. Sounds like you are doing exactly the right thing.
I like desserts and breads occasionally -- not always -- so am always interested in those foods.
DH and I will stay home tomorrow and enjoy our own boring company. HA HA! I am still cooking for DDBP, but I think tomorrow night's meatloaf, mashed cauliflower and little chocolate cake for their Valentine's Day will be all I do. Unless she asks me! Plus I think the brain in my new grandchild has been formed this week. I got my nutrition in!
I made a little chocolate cake for my aerobic swim class instructor who announced he is now gluten free, but (sadly) using rice flour to sub.
I'll show him!
Thanks so much Judy
So, what do you eat for breakfast? (oh yeah, I can't eat eggs either). At one time I did try Paleo. But only lasted a week. With that, I just dropped my grains & added more C.Oil & nuts.

Anyway, diets & health seems to be my hobby.

Your valentines dinner sounds good! I heard what they're serving tomorrow & know that I won't touch any of it... but it should be great fun!

I think its great that you enjoy cooking so much & share it with your aerobic swim class instructor & friends!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:10 AM   #203
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,761
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

I have a Christian Women's Club meeting at lunch..(remember, I am the chairman...aKKK). I bought a ittle candy heart for everyone except me..LOL..

Tonight, we are staying home and will go out tomorrow night. I have some chicken
and will pour some cream of chicken soup over it and bake it slowly..And, I will make
a chocolate cake.

Judy: I hope your swim teacher doesn't have any sugar issues with having rice flour..It is full of sugar..You might share that one..LOL..I'm sure he will enjoy your healthy little cake..

Debby: Hoping and praying for your kids..Enjoy tonight..Fat is your friend..really. If you are constipated, then there is always Magnesium..which is great to take anyway.

Hi Buffy...MKay.. and Cindy..

Dd is packing up her apartment..Lots of tears were shed yesterday. Her roomie is leaving today and Dd's dh will arrive tomorrow for the long drive to KCity..She truly had a mountain top experience..literally..

I can't believe it...I was 145.8 this morning on the scale..I do think it is the increased metformin that has helped me a lot..Maybe I will get Sandy or Cindy's metabolism..

Off to get dressed..Check in this afternoon
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Carolyn, I bet you look great and this is just how your metabolism is supposed to be! This is wonderful...

Debby, I bet every single thing I would want for breakfast has an egg in it one way or another... I have made someone's version of cold cereal, - it's a bunch of chopped nuts, coated with butter and some artificial sweetener and a little cinnamon. It's baked and it crisps up when it's cool - it's really good, but it was fairly laborious. Sure it easy buying a box of 'junk' at the store instead of making it myself, LOL!

Carolyn had a really good hot cereal she posted before Christmas made out of flax meal I really liked. And I have not really been fond of flax until that. No egg.

Carolyn, when my swim instructor said he was using rice flour, I said nothing, but immediately resolved to make that little cake and I think I'll also take him the cheesey cheese biscuits that taste like the Red Lobster biscuits.
I am in a class with women who are all older than me and my particular way of eating is about the last thing I want to discuss with them . They do know I've lost weight and they pretty much know I'm eating low carb. And now they know I'm grain free.

My swim instructor has found he's sensitive to gluten, so it's not his choice and he's not really happy about it. Ooooh! Maybe I'll take him some pancakes, too!

DDBP has enjoyed having food made for her, but she said she has gained a pound in the last couple of weeks. I think she is just eating too much food and if she gets nauseated she eats saltines...

Hi to all!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,385
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Happy Valentines Day!
Thanks again, for the pointers. I'm looking for alternative diet ideas. Something is making me retain water again I think its the extra carbs (in the form of apples) that I added for a week. Today I'm going lower carb/higher fat, hoping to get rid of it. The good thing about it is, I was reluctantly thinking I could eat something at the valentines thing tonight, so that will keep me from making the exception. Looking forward to going tonight. We so need marriages to be strengthened in this generation!

WTG Carolyn on more weight down! You're on a roll! How much magnesium do you take a day? I already take it. Just wondering.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #206
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 38,761
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
It is best to start with 400 or 500 and see what happens..If you are in the bathroom too much the next day, then cut back..Not enough? Go up to 800 and see what happens, Debby..

Had a piece of fried chicken for lunch..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:42 PM   #207
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,839
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #208
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,394
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Bless you Mary Kay!
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:11 PM   #209
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,385
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
It is best to start with 400 or 500 and see what happens..If you are in the bathroom too much the next day, then cut back..Not enough? Go up to 800 and see what happens, Debby..
Had a piece of fried chicken for lunch..
Thanks Carolyn,
I'll try taking an extra one tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Thanks! Happy Valentines Day back at you all!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:36 PM   #210
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,038
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Oh my yes. That's the "flour" I used to make my little chocolate cakes.
My sister pulled over on her way home to text me how good it was.
And it darn sure is.

And now I'm reading on that thread yet another product I probably need - "Sweet Dough Butter Bakery Emulsion."
Since it's not underlined, I guess Netrition doesn't sell it.
*sigh*
I just ordered that from ebay along with the Princess Cake one on the advice of those who use them on the Flour thread. I like to bake and make cakes anyway so it won't be wasted.

Yes, Carolyn, I plugged those cakes into a tracker and saw they were 18 grams of fiber each. I haven't had issue though.....yet!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.