Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:09 AM   #151
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Morning!

Judy, from that full picture, I think you look at a perfect weight, and it seems like you are where you body wants to be and you can stay here and like you say, eat well. I would go for it!

At 180 I even had a friend say the other day that she didn't think I needed to lose any more??? I think she was being extra nice but I don't think I want to lose a lot more. I am down 60 lbs from when I first was diagnosed with diabetes so over those years, I have lost a lot. For right now, I am just trying to maintain, my skin really got wrinkly these past few months and I don't want too much more of that.

Going to do laundry and work in office today.

For any of you who shop at cvs, their ONLINE deal of today is 50% off all their cleansing and makeup remover towelettes and if you enter the code 20DEAL you get 20% more off. I really like the one in the light blue package, it even comes in a box of 2 packs of 30 each for $4.00 with this sale, can't beat that. I used to buy neutrogena and those have gotten up to about $6-7 now. I ordered extra since I am going to be invited to a "Your favorite Things" party, where you bring gift bags for the other guests of, well, your favorite things. Thought I would include a 30 pack of these in each bag.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2013, 08:43 AM   #152
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Wow! it was your birthday yesterday! So sorry I missed that Judy. Your cake sounds like it was a great success and you are sure holding your own on that scale. Congratulations and belated Birthday wishes to you.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 AM   #153
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Judy, from that full picture, I think you look at a perfect weight, and it seems like you are where you body wants to be and you can stay here and like you say, eat well. I would go for it!
And that is why we are friends!

Thanks for the CVS tip - I love that idea of using them as gifts, too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Wow! it was your birthday yesterday! So sorry I missed that Judy. Your cake sounds like it was a great success and you are sure holding your own on that scale. Congratulations and belated Birthday wishes to you.
Thank you Sharon! I let it slip quite late in the day. I usually battle a certain amount of birthday funk. Don't know why. Yesterday was good, though.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #154
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I went through some years that I really didnt like the fact that I was getting older and having those birthdays unti one year when it truly dawned on me how lucky I was to keep having thoe birthdays!!! You can't go back but how blessed we are to have each year, each month, each week and each day. Enjoy!

So, we have a new character on Downton Abbey. What did you think of her and her addition to the cast? It wasn't my favorite addition to the story, hmmmm.

Just planned a trip in less than 2 weeks to see my sister in AZ. Will be a short visit but I am looking forward to it, I think the world of her, she always looked out for me.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I confess I watched all 2 hours of DA last night.
I like knowing Bates is home and I have just a few episodes to catch up properly.
I have seen all of Seasons 1 & 2.

I will reserve judgment of new character and the social commentary until I've caught up.

I love having a trip to look forward to. We don't have firm dates in mind but intend to visit a few family members in the next few weeks.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #156
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: adamsrib
keep the scale going downton challenge

Nice to meet you all too. Soooooo, I just got a nifty little piece of info from a friend because I was having serious flu symptoms. Two solid days high fever, body aches from fever, and she told me about this fab home remedy, since there does not seem to be too many cures, but low and behold, this little gem is amazing. So, I am going to share. It is regionally grown raw honey and cinnamon. Everyone probably has heard of it, but does not do it! Long story short, honey and cinnamon in partnership block fat!!! You heard it. There are a variety of doses recommended for various malady, but the one I have undertaken is 1 C hot water with 2 T honey and 1 t of cinnamon on empty stomach. It has done 2 things. Flu gone in 3 days!!! Body aches gone. So, now I will keep up the regime and see how it bodes with the fat block...combined by eating for total health not stress eating and I will let you know. I am so excited. I have never gotten over the flu in so short a time.
adamsrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsrib View Post
Nice to meet you all too. Soooooo, I just got a nifty little piece of info from a friend because I was having serious flu symptoms. Two solid days high fever, body aches from fever, and she told me about this fab home remedy, since there does not seem to be too many cures, but low and behold, this little gem is amazing. So, I am going to share. It is regionally grown raw honey and cinnamon. Everyone probably has heard of it, but does not do it! Long story short, honey and cinnamon in partnership block fat!!! You heard it. There are a variety of doses recommended for various malady, but the one I have undertaken is 1 C hot water with 2 T honey and 1 t of cinnamon on empty stomach. It has done 2 things. Flu gone in 3 days!!! Body aches gone. So, now I will keep up the regime and see how it bodes with the fat block...combined by eating for total health not stress eating and I will let you know. I am so excited. I have never gotten over the flu in so short a time.
Ugh - sorry about the flu - it really is everywhere.
But 3 days to get over it is fantastic - good for you.

Do let us know about the honey and cinnamon. I don't really like honey - weird I know. And I had never heard of this particular remedy for flu or fat!
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 PM   #158
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Interesting on the honey and cinnamon!

Buffy - I envy you and your sisters!!

Judy - enjoy your visits!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #159
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies.

Busy day...Bible Study and inventorying the library books...Tired..

Sorry about the flu, but honey and cinnamon is a good fix when you are sick..

It is hard to decide on how much to weigh..I guess the key is how you look in your clothes. The lower part of my body has shrunk since the end of October...I could go
another few pounds for sure cuz I still can see tummy fat..However, we do lose weight in our face, too, which is not a good thing for peeps over 40..

Judy...happy belated birthday..At least your hubby got out of jail and you had a nice
reunion and you have a nice place to live now..So, it was a good birthday for you..

LOL..Yes, that new character is a troublemaker and it does change the story away from
our favorites..O'Brien is a troublemaker..grumble..

Big game tonight...KU versus KSU..Hoping for KSU to win, of course...We shall see..

I did manage to get Fred in this morning..I skipped him last week and felt it on the weights this morning.

Might have to make a little cake tonight..I like my 3 minute flourless chocolate cake.

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #160
Princess Proofreader

Carolyn - you're so right! I'm not any taller, but there's no way I could weigh what I did in high school!

I guess we're all just searching for that perfect number.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #161

Right and it is better when you are older to have a little meat on your bones..In case you fall, you have some cushion..
Old 02-11-2013, 04:20 PM   #162
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
HA HA! I think it will be fun watching the new girl get caught. I don't think she will get a way with much. Oh, Bates whispered the magic words to stop O'Brien's mischief too. So glad Bates is back!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am mystified over what a really easy-to-hate character Thomas has been. And now that he's made unwanted advances, we're to pity him?
I don't care what his orientation is, he's been painted as without remorse and we can count on him to do a dirty trick or speak evil or help evil get done - usually to my husband, Mr. Bates!

HA HA! Carolyn your post made me laugh. When you were talking about my husband getting out of jail I wondered what in the world I had told you all!

Oh that pretty little 18-yr-old will keep them running. And the more time goes on, the more the Dowager Countess seems absolutely fabulous to me. I have not yet seen any of the episodes yet with Shirley McLain - can't wait.

I gave blood today. My BP was 157/100. I absolutely have to get moving around. And I'm going to go eat half an avocado.... then make a little cake for DDBP who is completely over the flu!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #164

Yes, Thomas is a rat..No matter who he is..I wish he would leave, but now he is your dh's boss, Anna...Under Butler..but don't you worry, Carson will keep him in line..James needs to find another job, I think...

Watch out for your bp, Judy...Take care..
Old 02-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #165
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Right and it is better when you are older to have a little meat on your bones..In case you fall, you have some cushion..

Definitely!!

Buffy!!! Take care!!
Old 02-12-2013, 09:07 AM   #166

Hi gals..

Garage door spring replaced..Yeah..

We might get some snow today..That would be fun, but not enough for dh to use his brand new snowblower..

Exercised, cleaned a bit, then have Bible Study..Steak from the freezer from dinner..I need to pan fry it as I don't want to go out and grill it..

Hope everyone is doing okay...
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #167
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Judy, your BP is too high, I assume they took it when you were sitting down and not the second you ran in the door? Keep a close eye on that. You don't want the problems I have been having!!!

Yes, the Dowager Countess is a great character, she is such an awesome actress. And when oh when will O'Brien get her due??? Didn't realize Bates knew anything about the soap, or at least I don't remember that. Oh my, oh my!!!

MK, yes, I do love having my 2 sisters, I regret that I haven't been as close to my oldest sister as I would have liked to have been. Sometimes in laws get in the way of siblings being as close as they could be and that was the case here. When my middle sister and I pry her away from her sig other, we feel like we get to glimpse the "real" her, but if he is around, then she slips back into her shell. Yet, they seem to get along well, so I am glad for that.

Well, I ended up not getting anything done yesterday so trying again to day to make a little progress. DGS is still bouncing around a LOT on the highs and lows of his BS and it has been testing too low at the end of the school day. He then eats a snack but we are not comfortable with him getting on the bus for a 30 minute ride in that condition so we are taking turns picking him up, his step dad and I. I got the call from the nurse first yesterday so went and got him and asked if he wanted us to go to his house or mine and he chose mine , so I got to keep him until 6:30 when his folks got home.

The Dr. cut the hot flash BP pill in half last Friday and it maybe has helped a little but I am still having them. So, if at the next appt. it is still bothering, I am going to suggest strongly that we replace or eliminate that one. BP still doing really well. I guess my old "cocktail" of meds just gave out and I needed a new "cocktail".
Old 02-12-2013, 09:37 AM   #168

Hi gals..

Bates didn't know about the soap until Thomas told him to use it against O'Brien. I don't think that Thomas told the "story" but just mentioned "soap"..and O'Brien totally understood..

I had a friend who had to change her bp meds, too..I think as our bodies change, we need new formulas..(hope you can get rid of the estrogen).

Oh...poor Grant..Can he eat a snack on the bus? I don't blame you for not wanting him to ride the bus until he can control it..Hopefully, it will straighten out..

Is there snow in TX????
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM   #169
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi everyone,

Last night DH and I took a long chilly walk. This morning I went to my swim aerobics and now I wonder why I stopped. Oh yes, hurt my back 6 MONTHS AGO. Anyway, the same friends were there and didn't wag their finger at me, so I will continue that.

I have no problem starting BP medicine. I've suspected my BP is too high for about 3 years, but when I go into a physician's office, it's always just barely a little high.
I suppose I could show them my paperwork from giving blood, but I wonder if I should just get a BP monitor and take it in the morning before rising and let them see what I'm seeing every day.

Right - Bates didn't know about the soap and still doesn't. He just used the words Thomas told him to use.

I bet Grant will look back on this time as a good time for him. He is getting special attention and it's all good! It's such a see-saw with insulin and food and physical activity varying. It's what he'll have to learn, but it takes time and some of it is just a guessing game, then correcting if you didn't guess right.

At any rate, you all are showing him great love and who doesn't want that?

DH is in Oklahoma City this morning. He called a couple of hours ago and had 2" of snow there. I think most of the snow will stay in the western part of our state. I am really pulling for a big snow this year so Carolyn's DH can use that snow blower!

OH! Our swim instructor (the only male) announced to me he'd gone gluten free. He did not seem happy about it. I asked what he'd replaced his wheat flour with - he said rice flour. I told him I'd bring him a little chocolate cake on Thursday (Valentine's Day) and see what he thought about that. No rice flour here or in that little cake! I wonder if I should make a couple of little cakes for the ladies' shower/changing room? I feel like I'd need to post something about it containing artificial sweeteners.... too much trouble, maybe. I plan on making lots of little cakes tomorrow. They are so good and I think the chocolate is indistinguishable from high carb.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #170
Big Yapper!!!!

Here is the deal about riding the bus. They are not allowed to eat on the bus. He is to go to nurse shortly before the end of school and or test his BS himself, then he has a snack with him that he can eat if it is low. If it is low, since this is all new, the nurse wants him to stay long enough so that they can recheck to make sure it is coming up ( like yesterday, it took a while) so, by that time, some times he will have missed the bus. Even if he didn't, the bus drivers are not trained to deal with it, just to call 911 if Grant were to show symptoms and be aware enough of them to tell the driver. Just too many variables for us right now to trust him being on that bus, then maybe home alone for a little while. In time, this will all sort itself out as he knows more what to expect and what to do.

Yes, he does feel extra loved right now, but has always been in kind of a special place, he is an only child, then after parent's divorced and DD got remarried, his stepdad doesn't have any other children and was eager and ready to step in as a parent, he was the only grandchild on his real dad's side for about 11 years, he lives closest to me of all of my grandchildren, thus I have kept him more than any of the others. Until his Aunt had little Bobby and Ava, he was the apple of her eye. Our 2 oldest grandchildren of my ex-Dh and I are 20 and 19, then Grant came along 6 years later and was the only one until about 8 years after that, so as you can see, he has had the limelight a lot of the time. And, you add that fact that he has aspergers and is probably one of the most interesting kids I have ever been around, that kid just can't miss .

Now, did any of that make sense?

I guess I kind of missed where Thomas told Bates to use the line about the soap, but now that you mention it, I realize when that happened.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #171
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, good girl for getting the exercise going. KUTGW
Old 02-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #172
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
is probably one of the most interesting kids I have ever been around, that kid just can't miss .

Now, did any of that make sense?
PERFECT sense!

Making crockpot lasagna for DDBP.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #173
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hi everyone,
Last night DH and I took a long chilly walk. This morning I went to my swim aerobics and now I wonder why I stopped. Oh yes, hurt my back 6 MONTHS AGO. Anyway, the same friends were there and didn't wag their finger at me, so I will continue that.

WTG on the exercise!
Quote:
Judy, good girl for getting the exercise going. KUTGW
Hey Buffy, that's so cool, the site interpreted your acronym! Cool!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:47 AM   #174

Hi ladies,

Yes, Buffy that makes total sense about Grant and the bus situation. Better someone picks him up for sure. He is blessed to have so many adults who love him.

Good for you, Judy on the exercise. Yeah you. Will you please post that little chocolate cake recipe for me??? Thanks.

Saying hi from my phone. Catch you all later.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You bet!

CHOCOLATE CAKE (using Ouizoid's Fantastic Flour)
1/4 cup (heaping) Ouizoid’s Fantastic Flour
1 Tbsp. (heaping) Hershey’s special dark cocoa
1 Tbsp. MCT oil (Judy uses softened/melted butter)
1 Tbsp. heavy whipping cream
a little Hood CC and some sf chocolate Torani’s or DaVinci’s poured and stirred until it looks like cake batter

Microwave until it is no longer wet in the middle.

I frost this with some softened cream cheese, mixed with softened butter, and some sf vanilla DaVinci.

I think today I may frost one or two with peanut butter frosting. I'm guessing I'll wing it with a little peanut butter, butter, possibly some cream cheese, vanilla DaVinci... I'll taste-test, but my peanut butter-loving family would like their little chocolate cake a WHOLE lot more with pb frosting.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #176
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Me thinks it was way past time for Carolyn to get her smart phone, she seems to have been smart enough to use the features right away! I learned it at snails pace and a long road trip where I was so bored, I played with my phone for hours!

Have dinner club tonight with my gal pals, we are meeting at a local hamburger place, so nothing fancy but the burgers are supposed to really be good. Told Dh I would meet him for happy hour before, will have a diet coke with a twist of lime in it to look officially cocktail ish!

I went about 12 minutes on the treadmill yesterday so am working up on distance and or time.

Anyone have any special Valentines day plans? We used to go out for a fancy dinner as that is also our anniversary but we are not that enthused about getting dressed up and going out as we used to be. Not sure what we will do, no plans yet so we won't be going anywhere too special, they are all booked up.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:15 AM   #177
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Anyone have any special Valentines day plans?
We avoid going out on big holidays. Too crowded for us (Hi! We're grumpy!)

My special plans: chocolate cake, then perhaps some chocolate cake. Followed by chocolate cake.

I think I'm going to give away lots of little cakes made with Ouizoid's flour, then I'm probably going to make the Chicken Lady's Fudge Cake because I've never made it and people rave...

I can't believe you're trying to copy me on the exercise.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #178
Big Yapper!!!!

Can't copy you on the exercise Judy, I don't have any DVD's to s l o w l y unwrap

Has anyone been following this thread over on the recipe board?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16240822

Boy, that bread with lupin flour looks tasty.
Old 02-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #179
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Has anyone been following this thread over on the recipe board?

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...l#post16240822

Boy, that bread with lupin flour looks tasty.
*gasp*
Another product to buy!
But reading that thread it looks like some are going to add corn bran!! The giant bag of stuff I can't remember why I bought....

OK! Back to my treadmill!
Old 02-13-2013, 10:08 AM   #180
Big Yapper!!!!

Still working on the laundry today, by the time I very s l o w l y get it done, the basket will be full again

Pretty sunny day of 48 out, it has been rainy and cloudy the past 2 days. Need sunshine to make me feel better, although we always need rain, well, usually always.

Little Bobby and Ava are skiing with their parent's in Telluride. They both have been skiing since they were 1 so I am sure they are getting better and better. Last year I went with them and babysat in between runs but this year they are getting big enough they didn't need a babysitter as much, and as it turns out, good thing they didn't plan on me being much help.