Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
HI Sandy!!

(been so busy = Judy posts an awful lot)

So nice to "see" you!

Carolyn you are a dear to do what you are doing. I would peel right next to you!
And eventually we would be asked to quiet down...

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-07-2013 at 07:43 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Good to see you Sandy, hope you are having a wonderful time, aside from DH's food poisoning!

Going to pick up Grant after school so we can go and have dinner together. Found out he has to be back hom in time for baseball practice so think it might be a good time to just go try out Jimmy John's Unwiches, might be a good place for Grant to know about.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #93
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!
Good to see you Sandy, hope you are having a wonderful time, aside from DH's food poisoning!

Going to pick up Grant after school so we can go and have dinner together. Found out he has to be back hom in time for baseball practice so think it might be a good time to just go try out Jimmy John's Unwiches, might be a good place for Grant to know about.
Goodness I had no idea about Unwiches! The last time I ate there it was bread bread and more bread.
Going to go find out more about it.... Thanks!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:01 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

Lettuce wraps Judy, I haven't tried them yet either.

Hey gals, the next two Sundays it looks like Downton Abbey episodes will each be 2 hours in length!!!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #95
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
2 hours!!

Sandy - hope you're having an amazing time!

Carolyn - you're very a-peeling!

Judy - keep on chatting ~ you're very entertaining!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

ARGH! Must catch up and still cook for DDBP!!!
I am on episode 7 of Season 2, so getting there, but if I don't start catching up on this season.... how can I chat properly??

And MK someday when I can mentally handle it better, I am going to start peeking in more on the fly lady thread. Or maybe it's something one does INSTEAD of waiting for handling it better.... I just know I have too many projects to get interested in the one that might actually make me feel better -- having my house clean and more organized a little at a time...
Old 02-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #97
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

No peeling for me..When I got home from my meeting, the garage door spring was broken..The man fixed it temporarily, but it is a bit late, so I'll stay home and get something done around here...

Sandy... How nice to see you..Sorry about dh's food poisoning.. Hope he is better..

Buffy: Grant is luck to have a Mema who is knowledgeable about foods that are good for you..

Dh applied for SS..Now, I have to reapply to up my benefits..Have to bring our marriage certificate..I can't find it right away, so I'm ordering another one..You can never have too many...LOL..

and.....thanks for the update on DA...2 hours each night is perfect...

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #98
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: adamsrib
Hi ladies...well, have to say I stumbled upon this by looking up recipes for Back Bay Trading lemon extract. Fascinating. I am on a change the way I eat program and am chosing to not use processed ... hummmm. Does that mean extracts too? I looked carefully at my bottle and there are all kinds of things in it I could not say I knew what they were, but in the end, I decided that it isn't corn syrup and probably won't kill me. Anyhow, I am loving the encouragement you offer one another. I have a long road to go and want to avert physical illness by de amping my eating. No more stress eating, ergo, no more stress. Ha!
adamsrib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:38 PM   #99

Hi Adamsrib..Generally extracts are fine..The amount that you use is so minimal, it's not a problem. Come join us and stress eating is not good..Been there, done that.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:56 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
adamsrib. Nice to meet ya.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #101
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
adamsrib!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Welcome adamsrib Hi gals

I was just watching Dr Oz... it was on metabolism boosting. Excellent!! If you can somehow watch it. The lady on the show has just released a book/diet on it.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #103

Was this the one on Greek yogurt?? I'll have to check today's show.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Was this the one on Greek yogurt?? I'll have to check today's show.
It was on "Overcome Your Metabolism Slump" Haylie Pomroy - search for her name, & you'll find her new book. Excellent advise, using real foods.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

adamsrib!
This is such a nice group of people.

Debby thanks for the "Overcome Your Metabolism Slump" advice. I'm pretty sure my metabolism would enjoy my exercising. I'll put it on my list!

Just delivered DDBarelyPregnant's dinner - Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers (4 servings) and a couple of little Lemon Ricotta Cheesecakes - made 4 so we could have dessert tonight, too.

DDBP found out today she has the flu, so tomorrow will stew a chicken for them - that will last several days and be good for them both. I will probably add some of butonni's delicious dumplings - they won't expect that.

Hope you all are well and flu-free! (and I hope hope hope hope I remain flu-free! )
Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #106
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Oh No Judy, DDBP does not need the flu, make sure she is very careful. Will her Dr. give her the tamiflu? A friend of my DD's was able to take it but she was about 6-7 months pregnant.

Did I tell you gals that one of my new BP meds is making me have hot flashes? The Dr. said "oh yes, it has a little estrogen in it". Why? I suffered for too many years with horrible hot flashes and finally, finally they had gone away. We are going to have to talk about this medication today when I go in. I thought I could deal with it but with all the BP meds on the market, I have decided that I do not want to deal with hot flashes! Makes me want or feel like I need to take 5-6 showers a day!
Old 02-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Buffy why do doctors do that??? Men just haven't a clue and if you have a woman she should know better.

Judy chicken soup is just right for your DDBP. Here's hoping she feels better soon.

I have been having fun watching Jimmy Moore on YouTube. I saw the presentation he did in Australia yesterday on NK. He got me all revved. So this morning I had his breakfast of eggs co and cheese. He put sour cream on top and had an avocado but I was out of those so had a piece of turkey bacon instead. Now we'll see just how long I can go before feeling hungry again.

This is too much fun but alas I need to get some things done. Have a great day everyone and hopefully the storm isn't hitting anyone hard. Check back later.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Sharon, I think you will find that your breakfast will keep you satisfied longer than a breakfast of more carby foods. I did want to point out though that the 2 things you were out of, which Jimmy had added were both very high fat and combined with the low carb foods would really have gone a long way towards making you feel full and satisfied. For me, fat + low carb is the magic. But, fat plus carbs just leads to weight gain.

You will get some good info from Jimmy Moore's webcasts
Old 02-08-2013, 12:13 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sharon I am interested in how long you were satisfied. You might give it 3 or 4 (or even more) days to get that feeling of satiety. Just stay very low carb, and keep the fat high, and you should be good. But let us know please so we can boss you around!!

DDBP was given tamiflu and they did know she was pregnant. I am just a bystander at this point. But the chicken is stewing and I'll go the extra step of removing the bones for them! HA HA! We've been so greedy we just eat around them and throw a few out every time we eat the chicken soup!

I now think my DH had the flu when we came back from California. He still has a lingering cough - the hallmark of the flu. He felt really horrible for about 3 or 4 days, then just dealt with the symptoms. I betcha he had the flu and his wife did not chase him into the urgent care.

Speaking of bad wives, I have only 2 episodes left on my Downton Abbey borrowed DVDs. Episode 8 and the Christmas at Downton Abbey, which looks to be 1-1/2 hrs. long and I believe may end with a proposal which will make me very happy.

Then I'll just have Season 3 episodes. Then I will be sad and drumming my fingers waiting for future episodes!

Buffy, yes, there must be an uncountable number of BP medications out there. Anything giving you hot flashes is ridiculous. And you can tell them I said so! Hmph.

Oh my gosh Carolyn I just realized you are Lavinia Swire!!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM   #110

Hi ladies..

Gosh..you do not want those hot flashes..Who puts estrogen in bp pills???

Yes, I am Lavinia..

Sharon..fat and protein keep you full..It's a good thing. Jimmy has lost an amazing amount of weight doing NK..He is a very tall guy, but last year on the Cruise was close to 300..So glad he is doing well on that NK..

Going to a visitation tonight..Man of 55 had brain cancer in October and just died. His wife kept him at home with her sister being his caretaker. So sad..He was such a nice man.

Oh..hoping DDBP is doing okay. Chicken soup will help her feel better and much loved..
Old 02-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi ladies..

Going to a visitation tonight..Man of 55 had brain cancer in October and just died. His wife kept him at home with her sister being his caretaker. So sad..He was such a nice man.
Oh I am very sorry - how young! Life (and death) - such a mystery.
Condolences to their family from afar.

Quote:
Oh..hoping DDBP is doing okay. Chicken soup will help her feel better and much loved..
You are so nice - she said she actually feels a little better today - is looking forward to the soup. I just found a different dumpling recipe that looks more like Bisquik dumplings - on Ouizoid's Fantastic Flour Mix I think I'll try. Since I've never made it and it might flop, of COURSE that's what I'm making!
Old 02-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I thought this mornings breakfast could have used an avocado with it too. I now have some so all set now. I was able to stay away from eating for about 5 hours. Then broke down and had a spring mix salad and some roasted turkey breast lunchmeat. Having rot. chicken tonight.

I second the condolences for your friend, Carolyn.

Julie your dinner sounds like a winner. I ordered the Low Carbing with friends vol. 3 today. I love those books.

I have Ouizoid's Fantastic Flour Mix around here somewhere. Have to look for that.

Take care and have a nice evening. We're getting a nice rain that should be done by tomorrow. Until then.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #113
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is the thread. It is daunting but you can get the recipe from the first post.
If you make a little cake, it is sometimes more moist if you sub 1 Tbsp. almond flour for 1 Tbsp. of the coconut flour.
I always dribble in a little HWC for some of the wet ingredient, also.

This is a game-changer for me. It makes cakes, cookies, pie crusts, dumplings (we'll see... ) and biscuits. I also use it for my "bread".

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...flour-mix.html
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Judy. Got it now. LOL!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #115
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, so sad about your friends.

Sharon, your whole days menu sounded good once I figured out that rot chicken was not rotten chicken

Glad DDBP is better, from what my family and friends have said, the tarmi flu really works.

DHNDR ( dear handsome new doctor) lowered the dose of the hot flash inducing med by 1/2 today and we will reevaluate in 2 weeks. My BP was 107/70 there which is nice and low so we are on right track and perhaps can reduce more next visit. He agreed that I don't need the hot flashes but wants to make small changes as this "cocktail" of meds is working so well.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Carolyn, so sad about your friends.

Sharon, your whole days menu sounded good once I figured out that rot chicken was not rotten chicken

Glad DDBP is better, from what my family and friends have said, the tarmi flu really works.

DHNDR ( dear handsome new doctor) lowered the dose of the hot flash inducing med by 1/2 today and we will reevaluate in 2 weeks. My BP was 107/70 there which is nice and low so we are on right track and perhaps can reduce more next visit. He agreed that I don't need the hot flashes but wants to make small changes as this "cocktail" of meds is working so well.
Happy for you Buffy! Sounds like a great report! And wonderful news to lower that hot-flash pill, hopefully you can get off that one eventually & switch to something else. I sure hope your health continues to improve.

Carolyn, sorry for your friend & his family. So good you can go visit them.

Judy hope your DD & DH are feeling better. A lot of people here are battling different colds & flu's. The pastors I work with sure have been. And they just won't go see a Dr.

We're going to have a long week-end. They made Monday "Family Day" here in BC, making a stat holiday for February. Not sure what we're gonna do with it yet. Hoping to to get my books set up better & start doing my January books... exciting, huh?!

Have a good sleep
Old 02-09-2013, 05:43 AM   #117

Good morning..

146 for me..I think it was the increase to 1500 ER metformin that helped get my
numbers down..No side effects with the met and I am glad.

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Danny. So sad when someone dies so early in life.
His wife is a very busy person and manages the local podiatrist's office and she loves her job so it helps to have a happy place to go to everyday.

Debby: I know, it seems that colds and flu just linger on.

Meeting my friend for breakfast at Eggberts this morning..Dh has an all day long Deacons' meeting..They will probably order pizza for lunch..LOL.

I need to make some more of my laundry detergent today to carry me through..

Hope our Cindy and Sandy are enjoying the sun and water..
Old 02-09-2013, 08:53 AM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good morning..

146 for me..I think it was the increase to 1500 ER metformin that helped get my
numbers down..No side effects with the met and I am glad.

Thanks for the kind thoughts for Danny. So sad when someone dies so early in life.
His wife is a very busy person and manages the local podiatrist's office and she loves her job so it helps to have a happy place to go to everyday.

Debby: I know, it seems that colds and flu just linger on.

Meeting my friend for breakfast at Eggberts this morning..Dh has an all day long Deacons' meeting..They will probably order pizza for lunch..LOL.

I need to make some more of my laundry detergent today to carry me through..

Hope our Cindy and Sandy are enjoying the sun and water..
Good morning!
Yeah! Congrats on the wt. loss! That's wonderful to find something that helps all your good efforts to work.
You like the home-made detergent? I should try that some time. Where's the recipe?

Yes, thinking of Cindy & Sandy would love to join them!

Have a good Saturday!
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #119

I do like the homemade detergent mainly because it is sooooo cheap...and it does a fine job. Of course, if you have a stain, you have to pre-treat like most detergents.

Let me find the complete instructions for you.

No-grate homemade laundry detergent:

3 Tablespoons Borax
3 Tablespoons Washing Soda
2 Tablespoons Dawn Dish soap

Put these ingredients in a one gallon jug. Pour 4 cups boiling water into the jug. Swirl until ingredients are dissolved in the liquid. Let liquid cool. Then fill almost to the top with cold water. The bubbles will overflow out of the bottle.

I haven't tried this but the reviews are pretty good. It is very watery so some folks have used 1/3 cup of each ingredient. If you have issues with the Dawn you can use Dr. Bonner's. Use one cup in regular washer, 1/2 cup in HE.

Last edited by CarolynF; 02-09-2013 at 09:04 AM..
Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Good Morning!

I am going to lunch with a friend today, first time since I have been sick except to go eat with family. I am looking forward to it.

Carolyn, I have been using woolite for several years now on my and DH better clothes, although almost all of our clothes are casual ones, but it is gentle and they do tend to stay nice for a long time, sometimes too long, they never wear out and I get tired of them, LOL. Anyway, I wonder how harsh you might find or think your homemade detergent is? I am wondering if it would even make that much of a difference in my budget since we don't have loads of laundry. I buy cheaper detergents when they are on sale for jeans, DH's everyday shirts, etc. But, I like the idea of something we could make ourselves that is super cheap, now that we are pretty much into retirement, I stretch those pennies are far as possible.

Looks like the metformin has worked well for you and you are solidly in the 140's now. So happy it has worked for you with none of the nasty side effects that I had for so long.

Debby, too bad the men at your church haven't been to the Dr. on this flu, my friends and family that got in immediately and got the tami flu were over it within 3 days. I was amazed.

Wonder what Judy is cooking up today?

My sodium level is running low, has been slowly getting lower over the past several years to where now it is showing up on my blood tests as low. They took blood again yesterday as 2 weeks ago it came back low. Wonder what they will do if it continues to be low?