Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!

Haven't felt like cooking lately, I do know that. I need Mrs. Patmore
Oh you do!!
That was the other thing that nearly made me cry - when they sent her for surgery and she came back so well.

Do you feel a little more energy this week as opposed to say, last week?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #62
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Judy, you are making me want to go back and watch season 1 & 2 of DA. It hasn't been that long, but really, once you watch a series, it is kind of fun to go back to the beginning and watch again. Lots of things that you may have missed just fall into place and make sense. Hmmm, might have to do that.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Smartest words ever spoken by a DM or DMIL.
I've seen how well that works out! HA HA!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:33 AM   #64
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, I do feel a little more energy as each week goes by. Not like I am "popping back", more like I am slowly rising from the dead . At first it was a kind of weak, dizzy feeling of exhaustion, now it is more just a lazy feeling of being very tired. And, when I do go somewhere or do anything, I get tired so quickly. But, when you don't do anything for 2-3 weeks, your body does get weak and lazy.

I had rheumatic fever when I was 11. I had to be in bed for 10 weeks, they put a hospital bed in our dining room after I came home from the hospital where I had been for 2 weeks. Had a very good Dr. for then ( I know now since I suffered no permanent heart damage) who at first would not even allow me to hang my legs over the edge of the bed, then I could do that but just for short periods of time, then I was allowed to have someone carry me to an easy chair where I was allowed up for very short, then longer periods. My Dr. made house calls, at first every day, then not sure how often but it was often. I remember the day he stood me on my feet and said to "walk" towards him! I took about 2 steps, feeling like I was running and then was done. I had to learn to walk again , it didn't take long but I remember the whole process took the spring semester of school because my DS had to stay home from school in the afternoons to watch after me. We both had to keep up with our studies at home that semester. Anyhoo, the whole reason for this long tale is to point out how our bodies take time to build back up in strength, even when we are young, or old.

Lord but I can ramble on, now can't I? I must get dressed for dinner now, Anna, please come and lay out my evening clothes and fix my hair!! Come come!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #65
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would! I would come lay out your clothes and fix your hair!!

Well, that's what I was hoping. Not that you had instantly spring in your step, but that you could see a gradual difference for the better. I'm glad to hear it - and what a scary story from your childhood!!

Don't take this the wrong way, because I keep this story in my head to encourage myself. I read every now and then of people who go into nursing homes and ask a few of the residents to lift small weights - even from their chairs.
And they measure their 'fitness' and the amount they can lift, etc.
Even those who seemed so weak regain a measurable amount of fitness.
They record the participants as being very pleased and feeling much better all-around.

So eventually, after DA, I'll begin watching T-Tapp and/or Slow Burn.
I have SO much TV homework! It's exhausting!

Watching first program of Season 2 and the awful Vera (Mrs. Bates) has shown up in the kitchen, and of course we are at war.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #66
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BAH HA HA HA HA HA!

Edith tells her parents and Granny that she will pitch in and drive somebody's tractor.

Dowager Countess: "Edith! You are lady! Not Toad of Toad Hall!"

HA HA HA HA
Old 02-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #67
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies..

Cora darling, your personal maid is O'Brien...Sorry..Anna is busy with Mary..

Yes, weight lifting is great..We haven't done a Fred routine this week at the gym..We just walked 2 miles today..

Bible Study was really good..We are studying Mark in the Joy of Living series..We have such a great group of ladies..

Wouldn't you love a cook like Mrs. Patmore? What fancy meals they served..So busy all day long and into the night..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #68
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Have a great day everyone. I am now addicted to that Candy Crunch game on my phone. I see MK there too.

I am so addicted to that game!!

So now you know what I've been doing . . . .
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
My computer has been down for the last couple of days. Now I'm catching up on post. You all are the busiest group. HAHA! All is well here now and my wifi is back! Catch up with you all later.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hi ladies..

Cora darling, your personal maid is O'Brien...Sorry..Anna is busy with Mary..

Yes, weight lifting is great..We haven't done a Fred routine this week at the gym..We just walked 2 miles today..

Bible Study was really good..We are studying Mark in the Joy of Living series..We have such a great group of ladies..

Wouldn't you love a cook like Mrs. Patmore? What fancy meals they served..So busy all day long and into the night..
Oh, you are so right, that just ruins my day LOL
Old 02-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #71
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome back to the internet, Sharon!
I find it very difficult to go too long without it.

We used to go to the lake and by the second day I would almost be used to not checking every single little thing online. I felt fairly relaxed, but also knew we'd go home soon. Now we have wifi at the lake. (thank goodness! )

DDBP came and picked up her tuna casserole. It was made normally except cauliflower bits for the macaroni. I made two - one for us. It was absolutely delicious. No cauliflower taste at all. Then DDBP showed me on a chart she had been given she should probably not eat any tuna at all during her pregnancy, so that was that. I also made the cheesy biscuits that taste like Red Lobster's garlic cheese biscuits - and green beans with butter. She said she liked it all. I made them a little cake from Ouizoid's recipe - added a couple of tablespoons of pumpkin and all the spices and iced with cream cheese sweetened with DaVinci. Low carb must seem like a wonderland of deliciousness to them. And easy! It's worth it to me. She's only been eating this way 2 days and is seeing how she could continue and believes there are health benefits. I'm so excited! Really I just want her to be healthy, obviously. And the little poppy seed to be healthy too!

I wonder if I could find Candy Crunch for the PC? and not play it on my phone? But possibly play while "watching" DA?

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-05-2013 at 07:15 PM..
Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #72

Hi

What a lovely meal, Judy. How nice of you. I love tuna casserole. What did you use for the sauce??? Mushroom soup?

You can find Candy Crunch on Facebook. Just type it in the top.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:11 PM   #73
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hi

What a lovely meal, Judy. How nice of you. I love tuna casserole. What did you use for the sauce??? Mushroom soup?

You can find Candy Crunch on Facebook. Just type it in the top.
Yes I just used regular old Campbell's mushroom soup. And I also had a can of artichoke hearts split between the two dishes. If we have a can of mushroom soup, for some reason I decided we should also have a can of artichoke hearts!
And now the kids expect it!

However for OUR tuna casserole, I used the homemade mushroom soup. I must say, in this application, I could not taste how good the homemade soup was. It wasn't worth it. I checked the label for the Campbell's mushroom soup and there does not appear to be any wheat in it, so I won't bother for that next time.

AH - Candy Crunch is on facebook..... thank you.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #74
Big Yapper!!!!

Judy, your meal sounds so good, wow. Is there a recipe for the casserole?

DD said she made a pizza crust tonight out of grated cauliflower tht was just delicious.

I hope I can get back to wanting to cook some thing as soon.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:20 PM   #75
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Judy, I do feel a little more energy as each week goes by. Not like I am "popping back", more like I am slowly rising from the dead . At first it was a kind of weak, dizzy feeling of exhaustion, now it is more just a lazy feeling of being very tired. And, when I do go somewhere or do anything, I get tired so quickly. But, when you don't do anything for 2-3 weeks, your body does get weak and lazy.
Lord but I can ramble on, now can't I? I must get dressed for dinner now, Anna, please come and lay out my evening clothes and fix my hair!! Come come!!!
So glad you're getting better. One step at a time!
Quote:
Hi Carolyn, So, when you do wt lifting... how long of a work-out do you do & how many times a week do you work the same muscle groups? I'm kind of winging it with my flex machine, because the dvd didn't come with it... but I am starting to see results, so must be doing ok.
Your Bible study sounds wonderful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
My computer has been down for the last couple of days. Now I'm catching up on post. You all are the busiest group. HAHA! All is well here now and my wifi is back! Catch up with you all later.
Hi Sharon, sorry your computer & wifi were down. A little "fast" from the net hey? Probably got lots done!

Hi everyone!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:34 AM   #76

Hi ladies..

Thanks, Judy..Next time dh is away, I'll make it for myself..He doesn't do tuna..I love it..Opps..Its Candy Crush...don't blame me if you get addicted..

The doctor increased my metformin to 1500 daily..Two 500s in the a.m. and one at night.I was 146 this morning..Don't know if it was a fluke or what, but I'll take it.

Debby: I do slow lifting with Fred Hahn..Slow reps done for 90 seconds..It is harder, but
better for your joints and your muscles are doing the lifting, he says..It is a 30 minute workout, once a week..The rest of the time I walk or do the circuit at the gym..We used to do it twice a week, but once is fine..

Yes, cauliflower pizza is great..Cleochatra from here invented it and it has gone viral...

Last edited by CarolynF; 02-06-2013 at 05:00 AM..
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #77
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think the cauliflower crust was my first pizza crust.
She then came up with a crust where you use shredded chicken as one of the main ingredients. It was too chicken-y and too much protein for me. The cauliflower crust is fine, but those little "cheese rounds" from this site are just perfect for us. DH can have two if he wishes, but one works for me. I pile it high with pizza toppings and I can keep them in the fridge for weeks. It's fast food without the processed ingredients!

Oh Buffy my tuna casserole is embarrassing to say - it's probably the same thing any of us ever did the first time we made one. There are likely better ones, but this is one of those dishes that my family is used to. Not sure we like it, but we're used to it!
I often think a McDonald's hamburger is that way.
Do I like it? I guess.
Can I order it nearly everywhere in the world and know what I'll get and I'm used to it?

I used 2 cans of mercury-laden tuna, mixed with 1 can of full-fat cream of mushroom soup, and about half a can of artichoke hearts (so far this is sounding like hobo soup!).
I used to add about a cup of frozen peas to the mix, and I bet a handful wouldn't be too carby. We like the green.
I microwaved an entire bag of frozen cauliflower (it's too much for an 8x8, but I was making two dishes and even used a little more for the two dishes) and when cool enough, cut it up to macaroni-size. There was no cauliflower taste - DH did say he liked this texture more than macaroni. I mix in lots of lemon-pepper marinade and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.

DDBP came by to pick up her dinner and I also loaded her with 1lb. ground chuck she could brown tonight (DH and I are going out), with 1/2 chopped onion (she has her own garlic) and gave her two cans of Italian diced tomatoes - spaghetti topping.

A couple of months ago I prepared a spaghetti squash and measured out the "noodles" from that and froze them. I gave her enough for tonight's "spaghetti". DDBP and her DH have actually been eating zucchini noodles for a few months, so she won't be missing pasta and her DH won't miss it at all - he never liked it. Win!

I gave them enough garlic cheese biscuits to last a couple of days, and made her some extra "bread" from Ouizoid's fabulous flour recipe. I'm kind of invested in this for her eating this way only 2 days!

I could see she was thinking ahead, though, and last night she talked about eating this way for the long-term and how good the food was, etc. It's too new for her to feel that different in her body, plus she's got her brand-new pregnancy, so lots going on, but I do wonder if she'll feel "great" soon!

DH and I plan to make a bunch of grilled burgers so she can keep them for her lunch or dinner. Then every now and then supply the meat for a dinner and she can surround it with vegetables and/or salad.

She goes to an office every day and I am hoping to keep them from going out for awhile. If she can eat this way for a couple of weeks I think she'll be sold, and I am hoping to ease her into it! (I am pushy, I know. )
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning!

Carolyn, 146??? Wow, I say it is definite now that you and your new Dr. are on the right track! I am so happy you have just the guidance you wanted, you always worked so hard at it.

Judy, what a great Mom you are being to DDBP to cook all that for her.

Mrs. Pat more was interviewed in today's paper, very interesting look at behinds the scenes planning on the DA set.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM   #79
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ooooh as soon as I finish watching this Season 2, Part 5 I'll see if I could find it online.
I cannot believe I didn't try to watch this from the start.
It's going to be SO hard to not have this in the back of my mind, knowing I can watch new programs when I want or can...

And Carolyn I should have congratulated you also, on your further skinniness!! Congratulations to you, friend!
Old 02-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #80
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies. My first thing in the morning is to strip and step on the scale. Well I'm seeing 279.8 this morning! I've gone over a hump and now in the 70's. I'm knocking on wood that this is not just a bouncing party again! Keep you fingers crossed for me.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sharon well done!! I sure hope this is your new trend!
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #82

Good afternoon ladies..

Yes, that was a shocker..that 146..We shall see how the rest of the week goes..

Sharon...Hurray for you..Milestones are so important, aren't they??

Your tuna sounds extra nommie..Patiently waiting for dh to go on a trip...He has an all day meeting on Saturday, so maybe I can enjoy this for lunch for just me...I love tuna, but they do recommend keeping it to one can a week per non-pregnant person..

Yes, ditto what Buffy said..you are a wonderful MOM to cook dinner for your DDBP..
And, I agree what you said about the chicken crust...I made it too and it was too chickeny for me..Sometimes I just beat up an egg/add cheese/add almond flour and make a crust..I need to check out those cheese rounds..
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 AM   #83
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
And, I agree what you said about the chicken crust...I made it too and it was too chickeny for me..Sometimes I just beat up an egg/add cheese/add almond flour and make a crust..I need to check out those cheese rounds..
I think the only thing the cheese rounds are missing is your egg!
I think I'll try adding that egg - although the cheese rounds themselves as a crust are already really nice - or even just something to accompany a salad or to have as a snack.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #84
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #85
Big Yapper!!!!

Good job Sharon
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Last edited by Shalbrihil; 02-06-2013 at 05:55 PM..
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #87
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalbrihil View Post
Good morning ladies. My first thing in the morning is to strip and step on the scale. Well I'm seeing 279.8 this morning! I've gone over a hump and now in the 70's. I'm knocking on wood that this is not just a bouncing party again! Keep you fingers crossed for me.
Yay! New ground!
Quote:
Hi ladies..
Debby: I do slow lifting with Fred Hahn..Slow reps done for 90 seconds..It is harder, but
better for your joints and your muscles are doing the lifting, he says..It is a 30 minute workout, once a week..The rest of the time I walk or do the circuit at the gym..We used to do it twice a week, but once is fine..
Hi
Thanks Carolyn, that reassures me. I'm concentrating on going slowly too. If doing them only once a week is good, then I'm good. There are 5 cards, which I do one card a day, doing abs twice in a week & resting maybe one day. I have noticed firming & definition happening & inch loss overall.
Hope you're all doing well.
Blessings,
Debby
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:28 PM   #88
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So nice to be a part of a group that has all our interests.
Debby & Carolyn's weightlifting and Judy's eating!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 AM   #89

Good morning

Yes, we are all about food and some exercise.

Off to a meeting then helping at the church making potato soup for the meal tonight for the poor. I am just the peeler. Lol.

Have a good day.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #90

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hi! Just a quick drive by to say hello. Everything is fabulous here. DH had a slight case of food poisoning so he was down for one day after a bad night but he's back to normal now. I haven't caught up on all the posts so I hope I haven't missed anything important. You guys have been busy here!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote