Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
I had another friend in Dallas who went to that Cinderella Ball with his little daughter! I bet it was a dream come true for the little girls.

How cute Ava knew exactly which shoes she would need!

We are not really superbowl people here. DH will probably turn it on & off.

This is the afternoon & evening I'm going to start cooking a little for DD32 who is just barely pregnant. She has just started a little afternoon nausea and has eaten saltines for that. Do any of you know what she SHOULD eat instead of saltines?
I think if she kept mostly low carb and had a few saltines here and there it wouldn't be the end of the world..... maybe?

Will check back with you all later.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
I think that was the one she picked out for her profile, but she can't get it to her avatar..One of the admins can do that very easily..

On the "sickness" my little friend at church is pregnant and her doctor recommended Unisom for the nausea..Have your dd ask her doctor about it..It really helped her.

A few saltines won't kill her, it is better than nothing.. Poor kid.

Last edited by CarolynF; 02-03-2013 at 01:40 PM..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

THANK you - I will recommend she ask her doctor about that. I don't think it's horrible nausea - she's actually afraid of horrible nausea. Doesn't want to throw up and mess up her back. This could be a long nine months for me!

Just remembered this thread http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...se-rounds.html and now the original poster has made a sweet version.
THESE are very good you all - for pizza crusts and I can see it would be a nice cinnamon toast in the mornings. I'm going to make these for her to keep at her home and office - it's like fast food, only good for you! Fast food in that the pizza crust is all baked and ready to go - ready to be topped and easily prepared.

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-03-2013 at 01:48 PM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #34

I also gave Rebecca my sea-bands from my cruise..(Walgreens)..She put them on her wrists and it seemed to help, too.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
I also gave Rebecca my sea-bands from my cruise..(Walgreens)..She put them on her wrists and it seemed to help, too.
Thank you!

I think I'm also going to make a whole loaf of Ginny Larsen's yeast bread I made a couple of weeks ago to give DD - it's got great characteristics of bread and maybe that will work for her, too.

- - -
After all the hospital ordeal I woke up late this morning and started showering and drinking coffee, etc. late getting ready for church.

My darling dear of a husband asked if I would like some scrambled eggs - YES I WOULD LIKE SOME SCRAMBLED EGGS that I don't have to make myself... So a few minutes later, he brings in a plate of 2 scrambled eggs, one giant piece of that great bacon (we get at Sam's and he cooks slowly in the oven), and a piece of that yeast bread, toasted, with butter floating on it.

That was 7 hours ago and I'm still not hungry!

I hope Buffy doesn't see this and try to steal my dh like she did Sharon's!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did MK post this last month?
If so, please consider this the sincerest form of flattery.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Stop whining.jpg (40.2 KB, 2 views)
Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #37

Wowza, Judy your dh is a real chef..Once my dh made scrambled eggs for me..God Bless his little soul..I couldn't eat them. He was a farm boy and only did outside things..LOL.
Buffy wouldn't steal my dh..unless she wants her lawn mowed..
Old 02-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Wowza, Judy your dh is a real chef..Once my dh made scrambled eggs for me..God Bless his little soul..I couldn't eat them. He was a farm boy and only did outside things..LOL.
Buffy wouldn't steal my dh..unless she wants her lawn mowed..

OK honestly - going to cook now.

Really.

I mean it.

Now.

Right now.
Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Jeneric - pick your avi and play!

This could be Buffy:
That's the one I'm working on, maybe tomorrow. Too tired tonight and I have to save my energy to watch our show :-)
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, I can also steal Gary if I move north and get lots of snow!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jenericstewart
Stats: 293+/177/173; 5'6", 53 yrs
WOE: JUDDD / Fast-5
Start Date: 6/7/12
Quote:
Jeneric - pick your avi and play!
I tried! But mine doesn't show up.
jenericstewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:58 PM   #42

LOL, Buffy. He started the snowblower up today just for fun so it's ready when you are.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenericstewart View Post
I tried! But mine doesn't show up.
Hmmmm.... wonder why?

When I changed mine, it said the upload failed, but then there it was anyway.
I admit - I am not the most adept at using these boards.
Sometimes things happen the way I want, then I forget how I got it right!
Old 02-03-2013, 08:36 PM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like Mr. Bates is getting out.
Not that I know how he got in.
I will continue to catch up - but any discussion is just fine. I'll be up to speed very quickly!
Old 02-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #45

Hi.

You will find what he was accused of in Season 2. Poor Daisy...however she may an heiress at last. Too bad none of the footmen don't know that. Poor James. Wonder how that all will play out.

Skipping exercise today. Will go to Bible Study and Braums for some meat and veggies. We have a brand new one here and people love it. Although it moved 2 miles south and the northerners are complaining. Lol.

Haven't weighed today yet.

The SB was good. At least it was pretty evenly matched.

Have a great day everyone. I am now addicted to that Candy Crunch game on my phone. I see MK there too.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:24 AM   #46
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

Carolyn, I haven't bought meat yet from Braum's but it always looks very good and their produce is always extra nice. They had the most beautiful bananas the other day, I wanted to buy a bunch so badly.....

DA was excellent last night, as always. It is now my very favorite show each week on tv. Sure they will keep the baby at Downton, but how? I wonder if Mary won't raise her?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Since I am still in the first season, it was interesting to see how much softer Mary is now, compared to how she was portrayed at first.

I like to buy eggs at Braum's and used to buy milk there (RGBH free), but now when I buy milk it's Hood CC. I do keep buttermilk and I buy that at Braum's, too. I agree - their produce is nice, too, Buffy.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:31 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I am not sure what I did but I got Lady Crowley to show up. I just kept doing it over and over.
Judy, wish we were closer and we could watch all the seasons together, I might have to go back and rewatch season 1 and 2.

I keep thinking that all the characters get better looking but I think it is like people we know, as we get to know them we begin to see them in a different light, depending on how well we like them. KWIM?
Old 02-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Found out last night when I talked to DD that Grant has already decided to give himself his own insulin shots!! I am so proud of him. It really is for the best because you don't have to depend on someone else being around who knows how to do it. He went to a super bowl party last night and since he knew they were serving something he couldn't have, he packed a little lunch of his own to eat there.
Old 02-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Found out last night when I talked to DD that Grant has already decided to give himself his own insulin shots!! I am so proud of him. It really is for the best because you don't have to depend on someone else being around who knows how to do it. He went to a super bowl party last night and since he knew they were serving something he couldn't have, he packed a little lunch of his own to eat there.
Absolutely fantastic news.
Just fantastic.

- - -

And well done on your Lady Crowley!
Mine was a bit of a mystery showing up too!
Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Congrats! That's wonderful that he is able to take that on.
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #52
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Wonderful news Buffy. Your grandson is going to be his own keeper. That's great!

I just love how the ending all came together last night on DA. The Crowley's are now back together after their doctor's explanation. I'm so glad. Now about Daisy and what her father-in-law wants her to do?? She needs something good to happen to her now.

Time to go. I'm taking in my internet cable box to get it updated to the faster service. Free to me and relieved to soon have this starting up slow to stop. See you soon.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #53

Hi gang..

Will the baby stay at DA? I'm sure Tom will take it with him and try to raise it, but it
may end up back at DA with Edith..

Good job, Buffy...Love that Cora picture..It is amazing how much Sybil and Mary look like Cora, but poor Edith got some bad genes somehow..

So glad Grant is doing his own shots..He is at that independent age and it is a good thing. It is hard being a teen when all your friends eat junk food around you.

Ds25 just called to say his new glasses came in..Can you pick them up, Mom? No, you have to try them on and make sure they are adjusted right..Oh...

I think I have allergies right now..so taking it easy at home..Doing laundry and might
watch some Netflix while I iron.

Our church made a room into the Welcome Center with Keurig office coffee machines.
People went nuts..The pastor bought the CoffeeMate and only the sugared kind with 9 carbs..I mentioned to his wife that I would bring in the non-sugared kind for the diabetics..so he told me that it was a good idea and he was buying some today. I'm always thinking of the diabetics... and myself.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You know what I think is so very impressive, too? That he took food for himself.
That he already knew he would not be served specially - so he should look after himself. Brilliant.

Sorry about your allergies, Carolyn. Heck! I was trying to sell DDBarelyPregnant on possibly fewer allergies if she stays off wheat. She and DH both have horrible allergies. I don't know how the little baby can escape that... Still, maybe losing wheat for her will do something noticeable.

Those Keurigs are popular for sure. Bless you for looking after the diabetics.
(and yourself!)
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #55

Judy: They just interviewed you on the PBS site..You are as lovely in person as you are on the show..
Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Judy: They just interviewed you on the PBS site..You are as lovely in person as you are on the show..
AH! HA HA HA HA!!
I can't wait to see how I came off on the interview!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #57

Hi ladies..

You were wonderful in the interview..and they are filming DA4 now and great things are in store for you and your dh Bates..

Feeling better..walked 2 miles at the gym...The Claritin-D is pretty good and my chiro unstopped my ears for me.

How is everyone doing???
Old 02-05-2013, 10:17 AM   #58
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Now that I have finished Season 1 I feel I overreached in choosing Anna. She is (so far) such a good person. Although I do not feel I am O'Brien (I am actually near tears at the loss of the baby and her kicking the soap under the tub!) I don't know that I can measure up to Anna, dear thing.

At the end of Season 1 it feels a little "Pride and Prejudice"-like! Lots of unsaid things and misunderstandings!

Am going to take a break and make a couple of little pumpkin cakes - 1 for us and one for DDBP (barely pregnant) out of Ouizoid's fantastic flour mixture.

I'm pretty sure I'm spoiling the low carb thing for DDBP. Part of the beginning of low carb is keenly missing pizza crusts and breads and pastas, and of course, desserts. Then it's easier to accept the substitutes, I think.

They've been supplied with pizza crusts from the "cheese rounds" thread and Ginny Larsen's cheese and wine bread and lots of little biscuits for sandwich bread from Ouizoid's flour mixture. Oh, and that great Jody's Pumpkin Bake! DDBP will take up the reigns soon, but I want her to see how well she can feel and how well she can eat if she would continue this way.

Honestly if you just get off wheat and sugar, you've fought 90% of the battle, at least for a start, I hope.

I would l-o-v-e a new baby to eat well from the start! But I'm not going to try to run that show...

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-05-2013 at 10:18 AM..
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #59
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
So happy to hear season 4 is being filmed.

Foggy, muggy day here. Come on out sunshine, I need sunshine!

Either going to do a little work in the office today, or, tackle a couple of drawers that need cleaning out, heck, they all need cleaning out. Did some laundry yesterday, looked up my lab reports for the past 2 1/2 years. The Doctors office called the other day and said my sodium tests came back too low and they want to draw blood again on Friday. It looks like it has been borderline to low for the past 2 1/2 years that I went back. I have upped my carbs to see if that would give me more energy, really can't tell much difference, I can tell it is coming back slowly, slowly and not sure if it is just time or what.

Haven't felt like cooking lately, I do know that. I need Mrs. Patmore
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
I would l-o-v-e a new baby to eat well from the start! But I'm not going to try to run that show...
Smartest words ever spoken by a DM or DMIL.