Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #511
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!

Carolyn - congratulations!!!!

Sandy -
I don't have a cough - but I can't breathe!
I've turned into a mouth-breather just like Kristen Stewart! Oh joy!

Judy - what did you bake?

Buffy - you are beautiful without all the Spackle!

Carolyn - March Hare?
March Madness?
Ides of March?
Spring into -----?
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 03:05 PM   #512
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
March Winds, please blow my fat away?
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #513
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I'm not a giant fan of coconut either, Buffy. Don't hate it, just don't need it in every single application.
I was wondering how people were doing pizza crust as the coconut is pretty pronounced. I play up the coconut by adding extract and topping with berries or topping with a chocolate frosting (think Almond Joy). But I use the original recipe and haven't branched out. Is the Lupin flour supposed to replace the coconut flour in the recipe? That would be useful!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #514
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Oh sorry I didn't realize, Carolyn.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #515
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi..

Well, I lost 1.1 pounds of ugly fat..and 1.9 pounds..Yeah, me..!!! The doctor was happy and my VAP test came out great. They check lots of things and I'm at low risk for heart problems or cholesterol problems. I do think that metformin really helps with the cholesterol..really..

You are all baking ladies.. How fun..

Other names for March..Sharon, sometimes we like a March theme..March Madness or a St. Patrick's Day them....Anyone have some ideas????

Judy: I'm leaving at 9 with those ladies on Friday and don't know what they have planned except lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and shopping until we have our first night's event that night..

Check in later...
Congrats on the "shrinking Carolyn"! And the good report from your Dr.

aMazing in March? Sorry, not too creative.

I'm looking forward to going back to people I know. I've been confused all month.

Things are going well. Got Shelby fixed yesterday, she doesn't seem to know today that she should move slowly... just as rambunctious as usual.

Oh yeah, I got my swim suit. Its really cute. I'm a little confused about whether I should get the next size bigger, the chest is quite constricting. Looks good, but feels like a girdle. The measurements for bathing suits are sure out of whack. I'm the same top & bottom, they make them so much smaller on top, or bigger on bottom? Going to see what dh thinks tonight.

Have a good evening!

Last edited by DebbyL; 02-27-2013 at 05:30 PM..
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:22 PM   #516
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

Sharon..we try to be themey, but sometimes it doesn't work..I do like the March Winds thing...and blowing the fat away....What a great picture!!! Anyone else want to chime in and we can have a vote...or March Madness..

Meeting in the morning. Will try to exercise beforehand..

I gave my doctor the last Low Carbing Among Friends Volume 3 book.. I got 4 of them and gave 3 away. Her recipes are lower fat than the ones in the book so I warned her, but she was happy to get it.

Last edited by CarolynF; 02-27-2013 at 07:25 PM..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #517
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
I think we got to hear from everyone today - except BJ. to everyone!

I failed to make the Lupin bread, I am so sorry. And tomorrow I'm taking my mother to visit a friend of hers in another city...

When I tell you all what I did you will know for certain I shouldn't post so much due to craziness. I made a giant batch of dog food. My spoiled pug's treats are constantly being recalled due to salmonella and I keep reading about what's in dog food blah blah blah.

I am pretty sure that's the first and last time I'm doing that.... It was a lot of work for about 13-15 days of food. Time flies too fast to do that. I hate it when dogs die and I usually feel a certain amount of guilt for the things I didn't do... I guess I'll just add this to the list of things I probably won't do.

Good night friends.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:27 AM   #518
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!

The Favorite Things party last night was so much fun, don't know if I told you that it was rescheduled, then just as many couldn't make it to the 2nd date that the hostess ended up just having it last night. 6 of the 9 of us were there. Just a very fun, relaxed evening of girlfriends having dinner and then sitting around her living room, chatting, laughing and sharing our favorite things. Even with my advil I came home with a splitting headache, seems the stimulation of a gathering really makes it worse, but it was so worth it.

Now that I am rid of the BP headache, this other headache is all in the right side of my head, from right above my eye to the back of my head, it feels like if I could just take that side of my head off, replace it, I would be just fine. ?????
Old 02-28-2013, 05:44 AM   #519

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
That sounds like such a fun idea for a party Buffy. What all did you get? Sorry about your headache. I've been dealing with a terrible one too with this flu? I'm dealing with. Mine only really hurts when I cough, which has been just about ALL the time. No really, I was a little better yesterday and hopefully am a little better today. It's still too early to really tell. If I can keep the cough at bay maybe I can get rid of the headache. At least I know what is causing mine. I hope you find relief very soon!

Drum roll please........I was down to 138.2 this morning!!! I've just been mostly eating eggs for breakfast and soup for lunch and dinner. Or meat and cheese for lunch. Not very hungry. I would not recommend getting sick to lose weight at this point. Lol.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #520
Princess Proofreader

Did I ask you all if anyone else had watched Call The Midwife?
It's also BBC on PBS, and is fabulous!!

The 2nd season starts in March.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
March Winds, please blow my fat away?

Love that name!!

Now what did you get at the party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post

I'm looking forward to going back to people I know. I've been confused all month.

Oh yeah, I got my swim suit. Its really cute. I'm a little confused about whether I should get the next size bigger, the chest is quite constricting. Looks good, but feels like a girdle. The measurements for bathing suits are sure out of whack. I'm the same top & bottom, they make them so much smaller on top, or bigger on bottom? Going to see what dh thinks tonight.
i'm looking forward to the "real" pictures too!
I keep forgetting who's who!

I always have to buy a bathing suit a size larger than my normal one.
Hate that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

Drum roll please........I was down to 138.2 this morning!!! I've just been mostly eating eggs for breakfast and soup for lunch and dinner. Or meat and cheese for lunch. Not very hungry. I would not recommend getting sick to lose weight at this point. Lol.

Yay!

I've gained this week! Not fair!

I feel better - not as stuffy and I actually might live.
I started taking Cold-eeze and that seems to help.

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 02-28-2013, 06:43 AM   #521
Big Yapper!!!!

Sandy, on your weight. Hope you and MK are both well soon

Ok, 7 people participated in the favorite things party, even though just 6 of us were there, so, we each got 6 gifts. The price range was to be between $5 and $10 and sales and or good values were encouraged. Each person took a turn passing out their items, which were wrapped, and givings hints as to what it was, why it was a favorite thing, how often you used it, where you got it and if you got a great value on it. I got
1. Stress and tension mineral bath soak with a tea light candle
2. The original beauty blender egg in hot pink
3. A head massager wand
4. Microfiber dish drying mat
5. A whisk, Vera Bradley nail file and a gel pen
6. A can of Williams & Sonoma crepe mix

The friend who gave out the crepe mix went last, but as she handed out her gifts, she also passed around crepes which were filled with Nutella and fresh strawberries.

The gift I took was a twin pack of CVS brand facial cleansing pads to remove makeup. Mine was based on value, I started out using those in the neutrogena brand and loved them but very pricey, so I kept tying store brands until I found the CVS ones that I really liked, plus can get in a bargain twin pack, but, even better, if you watch cvs emails, they will have a BOGO deal on them.

A really fun idea for a small gathering. The hostessl also served soup and salad for dinner when we arrived plus wine or cosmos.

Last edited by Buffy45; 02-28-2013 at 06:45 AM..
Old 02-28-2013, 06:45 AM   #522
Princess Proofreader

Buffy - sounds like so much fun!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #523
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I'm in agreement with MK. March Winds is my favorite as well.

My weight has stayed the same this month. I think I'm eating like a maintainer. Woo Hoo! Way to go Sandy on that number. Sorry you've been so sick but nice to be in the thirties!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #524
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sandy! I love your new picture, cutie!

Sorry you gals are still not feeling well. Hope you feel better soon!

I tried it on again, with dh's opinion. It didn't feel too bad & he said looks good, so I'm going to keep it.

I'm rather enjoying Chia seeds, which I just discovered. Very good for you & especially good for thyroid. Not sure if it would fit into your diets though.

Get well gals!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #525
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Yeah!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Morning!

The Favorite Things party last night was so much fun, don't know if I told you that it was rescheduled, then just as many couldn't make it to the 2nd date that the hostess ended up just having it last night. 6 of the 9 of us were there. Just a very fun, relaxed evening of girlfriends having dinner and then sitting around her living room, chatting, laughing and sharing our favorite things. Even with my advil I came home with a splitting headache, seems the stimulation of a gathering really makes it worse, but it was so worth it.

Now that I am rid of the BP headache, this other headache is all in the right side of my head, from right above my eye to the back of my head, it feels like if I could just take that side of my head off, replace it, I would be just fine. ?????
Was your BP high?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:50 AM   #526
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Can't talk.
Making lupin bread.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #527
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
Hi All! Wow, 24 hour gaps in posting is not good!! I had SO much to catch up on with you all!

Sandy- WTG on the weight loss! Sorry sickness helped you out, but it sounds as if you're on the mend!

Sharon- Maintaining is good!

Buffy- You seem to always be doing something exciting!!

Judy- Thanks for noticing my absence!

Mary Kay- I hope you get well soon! I feel like these illnesses have been dragging out for people!

Hello to Cindy and Debby! And anyone else I might have missed!!

As for me, the 2 lbs that I gained back stayed on the scale yesterday. This morning, .5 had disappeared and I'm confident that I will shed the 1.5 over the next couple of days. I am still net -6.5 in 10 days, so no complaints! Got a walk in with my neighbor for 4 days of walking in a row and am off to my 2nd yoga class this week. Yesterday the strike class was a WORKOUT and my core is sore today. YAY!

My DS (age 9) made me scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning. What a sweetie!

Happy Thursday!

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #528
Big Yapper!!!!

Yay, we got Judy right where we want her!!!

Hi BJ!

No Cindy, BP wasn't high when I got home from party. And, this headache is all on the right side of my head, when I was having the BP headaches, they would be all over.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #529
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
And I'm enjoying "seeing" people, although I liked viewing all our DA characters! My new avatar is me this past summer preparing for a motorcycle ride along the Pacific Coast Highway. (I am ONLY a passenger! LOL!)

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #530

BJ, What a lovely ride that would be! My DD and DSIL ride too but we sure don't have anything that beautiful to ride along.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:39 AM   #531
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi BJ, nice to "see" you, very pretty lady!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #532
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Can't talk.
Making lupin bread.
STOP TYPING!!!! BAKE!!!!!
Old 02-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #533
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
STOP TYPING!!!! BAKE!!!!!
Done!!

See attached pics.
The texture is very good. I followed the recipe exactly, but used the alternate 6 eggs rather than just egg whites.

The texture is indeed bread. I am sorry I cannot say I liked the flavor. I went through a few years of following David Mendosa's blog and then his addition to Health Central. Before he went strictly low carb, he was using a kind of a baby garbanzo bean called Chana Dal or Chana Dahl. He was far more into the glycemic index at that time and thought this was good for his blood sugar (He's type II). He's dropped the use of it now.

Anyhoozle it has a very specific (not objectionable to me) flavor. I made crackers from it and of course a hummus that I didn't feel bad about using. I wasn't extremely low carb, just 'aware' of it. I probably used chips & crackers to dip in my low-glycemic hummus.

This bread has the exact flavor of those baby garbanzo beans - chana dahl or dal. I baked it for 25 minutes at 356 degrees and I would bake it a minute or two less next time, but I'm not sure I'm rushing to make this very soon. I don't know. It might grow on me. I hope so since I have NINE POUNDS of the lupin flour!

I have to go - my mom will be tapping her foot. Will "see" you all later. BJ - lovely picture!!
Sandy I love yours too.

- - -
I didn't have a "security token" to upload the pics.
Will upload them to tinypics when I get back this evening.

Last edited by JMCM1; 02-28-2013 at 10:04 AM..
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:02 AM   #534
Princess Proofreader

Are we changing pics??

OK - now I have to find one!

BJ - you're so pretty!!
And what a great ride!!

Judy - should I go sit by the mailbox?
Old 02-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #535

I love that pic of you MK!!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:06 PM   #536

Hi ladies..

What a great party, Buffy...Your friends are very creative.. I'll have to find another picture of me somewhere..

Let's work on March Winds..Blow our Fat Away.as our challenge. I'll be gone, so someone else can start the March thread.

Oh....Maybe that "bread" needs some extra flavor added to it..Like Barbo's Rye Bread to take away the beany flavor..Hmmm..???

Love all your pretty pictures..I hate to lose Lavania..

There was an interesting interview with Thomas on the PBS site as he talks about O'Brien...Thomas is nicer in his real life..LOL..

Time to figure out what to pack for sitting 2 days..Jeans aren't my favorite to sit in and I should layer cuz it might be cold or it might be hot..

I was 145 this morning..Cheesecake Factor for lunch tomorrow..No cheesecake for me..
I'll have a big salad..

Old 02-28-2013, 01:00 PM   #537
Princess Proofreader

Quote:
I love that pic of you MK!!
Thanks!

Carolyn - you could start the tread today - we won't tell anyone!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #538

Cheesecake Factory does have a SF Cheesecake and it's really good. Just sayin'......
Have a fun time away.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:51 PM   #539

Sandy...thanks for sharing on the LC cheesecake..I think it might have some bad SA that would cause distress in a crowd..LOL..

I'll start the thread tonight..Holy smokes..February is OVER already..LOL..Silly me.
I'll post early my pre-weekend weight..LOL.

Wouldn't it be nice if wind really did blow fat away?
Old 02-28-2013, 02:16 PM   #540

I thought it was made with Splenda but I could be wrong.

I just made a Dr appt for tomorrow. I'm just not getting better like I think I should and I don't want to head into another weekend sick.