Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #421
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I just got up and I think I might feel a little better. It's really too soon to tell, but I sure hope I'm better. I hate being sick like that where you just don't feel like doing anything except lay in bed. That is just NOT me!

Oh joy! More snow! Hahaha. It is Kansas after all and we sure do need the moisture.

Today is my Bailey's 9th birthday. It's amazing how quickly that 9 years has flown by. And she is one spoiled rotten dog too! I don't know if I told you guys, while we on our trip my DS's dog died. He would've been 11 in March. He was a Lab and they'd had him since he was a pup. Needless to say, it was very hard on him and his whole family and actually on all of us. Bailey always thought she was a Lab because she spent so much time with Rowdy when she was a baby and growing up. And he always let her think she was in charge and the boss too. He made a beautiful tribute to him on youtube with pictures of him throughout his life. Heartbreaking. Our pets really do become our little fur kids. And DD's dog is old and has had some issues lately too. And we're keeping her this week while they're on their trip. I pray she stays ok while we have her. So far, she seems ok.

One good thing about being sick, I'm down to 140.2. I'm sure that won't last when I get back up and around but it's nice to look at, lol.

Congrats to Brett on his dryer and his weight loss! And safe travels for the both of them.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #422
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hardest way to lose weight - illness! I sure hope you are better today.

I am so sorry your DS's dog died. It is SO hard and there is such a hole left in their absence. After our first dog died, DH and I almost had to become reacquainted we'd spent so much time being with and talking about the dog.

Happy Sunday all and hoping for all being well or more well today. Sandy how is your DH?
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:28 AM   #423
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
Yes, Sandy- Do tell us about your husband. I am glad you think you're on the mend. Please take it easy!!

It is so hard to lose pets. My children really want a dog (I unfortunately am quite allergic) and I hate not giving them that opportunity. I had dogs (and was sick all the time- they couldn't figure out why. LOL) growing up and they were such a part of my experience. We lost our 15-yr-old cat 2 years ago and my husband swore no more pets. We currently have a fire-bellied toad and 2 anoles, but it's hard to snuggle with amphibians and reptiles! LOL. I might try to talk DH into a hypoallergenic breed, just so my kids have that experience.

I stepped on the scale and even before I looked I knew I was the same. I guess I couldn't expect more that 6.5 lbs. in 6 days. However, I had a couple sips of coffee and down another .5! Feeling good. I know that this honeymoon will slow down, but I feel confident that I can reach my goal!

Have a wonderful day- Stay warm- and good health to all! I am trying to spend the morning snuggled up with Taubes' Good Calories, Bad Calories.

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #424

My DH is doing fine. I guess blowing the snow against my better judgement didn't hurt him, lol. He was on antibiotics for something else for a week when he came down with this nasty stuff. The dr prescribed a different antibiotic for him which he started right away so that's why we think he got better quicker. I feel like I've had this same thing, or a variation of, at least 3 times this winter so far!!! No fair!!
I've had my coffee and I still feel better so maybe the worst is over.

I will never have another pet!!!!!! I love my dog, but they are a giant responsibility. I hate asking people to keep her while we travel all the time and I hate the thought of boarding her. But she's a great little friend to me and I love her. I just will never replace her.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
I will never have another pet!!!!!! I love my dog, but they are a giant responsibility. I hate asking people to keep her while we travel all the time and I hate the thought of boarding her. But she's a great little friend to me and I love her. I just will never replace her.
Oh good to know about your DH.

I know exactly what you mean. I ADORE our little brat pug - she goes everywhere with us, but we did leave her with DS while we went to California. I don't think I could board her - her punishment upon our return would be the wrath of a woman scorned...

She has just turned 7 and I hope she's got 7 more good years, but probably not. They are a HUGE responsibility and I take the full brunt. If we want to travel, it's a big deal - I completely understand and agree.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 AM   #426
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Oh good to know about your DH.

I know exactly what you mean. I ADORE our little brat pug - she goes everywhere with us, but we did leave her with DS while we went to California. I don't think I could board her - her punishment upon our return would be the wrath of a woman scorned...

She has just turned 7 and I hope she's got 7 more good years, but probably not. They are a HUGE responsibility and I take the full brunt. If we want to travel, it's a big deal - I completely understand and agree.
The reason you both have is the reason my DH does not want a dog...
Old 02-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #427
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Oh, the sadness of losing a beloved pet, that is hard on everyone but remember, and this is what I always tell my kids, think of the wonderful life you gave that pet and the life they might have had, had you not rescued them!! All our pets are rescued pets. And, on not getting another, I understand but there are so many unwanted ones just waiting for a good home. Now, I have cats and they are much less work and easier to leave, I do understand that part. As long as someone comes by to clean up the litter, they are ok and have each other to keep company. They do miss us though, really makes us feel loved when we return.
Grant's mommy and I were just talking yesterday about how much we think a pet adds to a child's life and how the child learns so much from caring for a pet. BJ, you might look into the different breeds.

I went to the baby shower, how charming it was. Held at a tea room which was so pretty and victorian, loved the mismatched furniture, the china, the decor and it was a nice group of about 20 friends of the mommy to be. Little Ava got to attend and she was in heaven, pouring milk into her little tea cup from her own little pitcher. The baby is due any time, the mother is one of my DD's best friends and this is her first baby at 41. Afraid I did not do well on my eating, little sandwiches and tarts, then some cake and then a tray of little dessert samplings. I didn't eat much but all high carby. Then, on to the triplets birthday party and although most of the 16 extra kids that had attended had already gone home, there were still about 7 kids and the noise level was very high and loud. At that point, the triplets opened their presents, so 3 times all the gifts with the mommy trying to keep track of who got what and from whom so the kids could write their thank you notes. You know what is sad about today's children, and this is lots of kids, not just our triplets. Almost every gift they unwrapped, they would look at their mom and say "we already have this, don't we?". I fear most of the gifts will be returned except for the gift cards and money they received. I don't know how, as a society, we turn this trend around but not only kids, but adults have wayyy too much stuff.

So, then I arrived back home at 8:30 and although I had taken 4 advil over the course of the afternoon, my head was just pounding. My BP was a little high, not too bad but higher than it has been running, I think possibly due to the pain of the headache and it took about an hour for 2 more advil and resting for it to all settle down. I was by then exhausted. So, I am rethinking whether I will drive 4 hours to go see my son and family tomorrow , get my hair done and drive back 4 hours the next day. Might not be up to that as yet.

Sandy, hope your feeling better as the day wears on. And, glad DH is better. Although antibiotics are not supposed to help with certain things, it does seem like they always do, although I know why we aren't supposed to just run and take them at every little sniffle. And, so glad to hear that "others" got to use their snow blowers.

Brett has done a great job on his diet this past year, so proud of him.

Not sure if I told you all that when I saw the Dr. on Friday, he told me my sodium levels had returned to the normal range. I told him that I had fallen off the LC bandwagon and had been trying to get back on. He advised me not to go as LC as I had before because although it was working well weight wise, he felt it might have contributed to the low sodium. So, I need to get back to tracking so that I can do "lower" LC. I don't know about you gals but to me, it is easiest to just try to eliminate carbs than to hit that "lowish" number. Even with trying to eliminate them, you easily fall into that 15-25 range, or at least I do.

Well, once again my fingers have run amok. Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 02-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #428

Buffy,
Or you could just make sure you get lots of salt in your diet? Sea/mineral salt of course. I know you'll do what's best for you. I sure hope you get to the bottom of all this very soon. It has to be very trying and tiring dealing with it day in and day out. I think you made a good decision to not try that 4 hour drive just yet.
Old 02-24-2013, 12:09 PM   #429
Big Yapper!!!!

Good thought Sandy, I had been doing that before, pinches of sea salt, will make more,of an effort to drink the broth daily. Of course then, will have to see how it affects BP and those meds.

I m tired of dealing with all this but am fortunate I didn't have a stroke so will plod onward.

I have always been so independent, went wherever I decided to go, it is hard to find I have had to set limits. Since I have this trip planned to go see my sister in AZ this next weekend, I am trying to be good . I have bought a plane ticket for it so can't change it and don't want to but have warned her that I don't have much stamina and I am coming to just spend time with them, do not want to be entertained.
Buffy45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #430
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
not only kids, but adults have wayyy too much stuff.
OH!!! Preach it!
Amen sister Buffy!!

When my maternal grandparents (who were born in 1900) died, we had very few things they were able to keep from their own parents' homes. They were farmers and teachers on both sides and didn't have a lot of "things."

One of my grandmother's sisters was a spinster (awful connotation, but I like using it because it's so old-fashioned). She was a librarian at Univ. CA at Berkley and traveled the world several times over. You have a lot more disposable income if you have no children! She would pick up interesting things here and there and my mother was her favorite niece. So my mother has anything we liked/valued from her own parents, her dear Aunt's collections, my paternal grandparents' collections, and her own "things."

Honestly these "things" cause me anxiety. Not kidding. Since we are not working, if I could keep myself off these boards long enough, I am going to go through each closet and re-evaluate. So many emotions are tied-up in the "things", but none of it is worth the heavy baggage of worry, I don't think. I also worry what I'll miss as soon as I donate it....

Quote:
So, then I arrived back home at 8:30 and although I had taken 4 advil over the course of the afternoon, my head was just pounding. My BP was a little high, not too bad but higher than it has been running, I think possibly due to the pain of the headache and it took about an hour for 2 more advil and resting for it to all settle down. I was by then exhausted. So, I am rethinking whether I will drive 4 hours to go see my son and family tomorrow , get my hair done and drive back 4 hours the next day. Might not be up to that as yet.
All in due time. It sounded like a LOT to do and would have made me tired even without blood pressure medication.
We have more weather coming in and it looked like it was dipping into Texas - might check that out and factor it in.

Quote:
Not sure if I told you all that when I saw the Dr. on Friday, he told me my sodium levels had returned to the normal range. I told him that I had fallen off the LC bandwagon and had been trying to get back on. He advised me not to go as LC as I had before because although it was working well weight wise, he felt it might have contributed to the low sodium. So, I need to get back to tracking so that I can do "lower" LC. I don't know about you gals but to me, it is easiest to just try to eliminate carbs than to hit that "lowish" number. Even with trying to eliminate them, you easily fall into that 15-25 range, or at least I do.
You may be able to handle that middle range, but I tend to agree with Sandy. If it's only about sodium, every time I'm on the treadmill listening to some low-carb expert, carbs are not friendly to most of our bodies. I have trouble finding a middle ground. I think you should liberally salt things, too.
I buy that package of salt called "Real Salt" - it's kind of pink and pretty! Tastes very nice on my celery stalks covered in cream cheese!

Quote:
Well, once again my fingers have run amok. Have a great Sunday everyone!
I adore everyone's posts. I feel like I'm reading a letter from a good friend and I appreciate your taking the time to let us know what you're doing and how you're doing.

Quote:
Buffy,
Or you could just make sure you get lots of salt in your diet? Sea/mineral salt of course. I know you'll do what's best for you. I sure hope you get to the bottom of all this very soon. It has to be very trying and tiring dealing with it day in and day out. I think you made a good decision to not try that 4 hour drive just yet.
Agree!
Old 02-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #431
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good thought Sandy, I had been doing that before, pinches of sea salt, will make more,of an effort to drink the broth daily. Of course then, will have to see how it affects BP and those meds.

I m tired of dealing with all this but am fortunate I didn't have a stroke so will plod onward.

I have always been so independent, went wherever I decided to go, it is hard to find I have had to set limits. Since I have this trip planned to go see my sister in AZ this next weekend, I am trying to be good . I have bought a plane ticket for it so can't change it and don't want to but have warned her that I don't have much stamina and I am coming to just spend time with them, do not want to be entertained.
My favorite kind of trip!
Talking, laughing, you could soak up a little sun, too!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #432
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
DH shared his cold and I'm stuffy and miserable!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #433

Buffy, I suggest you wear a mask on the plane. I sure wish we would have.

Judy, I know what you mean about the "things" causing anxiety. I try to be realistic and it only takes spending time at my dad's to make me want to come home and start tossing stuff. I don't know why we collect so much unnecessary stuff in our lives.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #434
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
So sorry Sandy. Yuck! And we are due to get 6" more of snow on Monday!
Change that to 6-12" but luckily we are off this week.
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #435
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Change that to 6-12" but luckily we are off this week.
Boots.
Chili.
Hot chocolate.
Little cakes!

Sorry MK - *sniff*
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #436

I heard up to 15" Cindy. Yikes!! This really is snowmageddon!

I like your list Judy.

Anybody watching the Oscars? I can't remember a year I haven't but I'm just not into it this year. I think b/c I don't feel good and know I won't make it to the end. I know I could record but it's just not the same.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #437
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
I heard up to 15" Cindy. Yikes!! This really is snowmageddon!

I like your list Judy.

Anybody watching the Oscars? I can't remember a year I haven't but I'm just not into it this year. I think b/c I don't feel good and know I won't make it to the end. I know I could record but it's just not the same.
And we have had such a nice winter!! We are getting the whole winter in 1 week!!!! You and I shall comiserate together. I will take pics off my back porch and post them!!
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #438

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies.

I'm on my phone, so it will be quick. I will read all your newsy posts later. Love them.

Thank God Brett is on his way to Minnesota already. The man he is traveling with called while we were at lunch and decided they should leave today. So Brett drove to Wichita and they left. Of course Gary will be in Omaha tonight for a meeting in the am and thinks he is going to be driving home tomorrow. I told him to pack lots of underwear in case he couldn't get back into KS.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #439
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post

Of course Gary will be in Omaha tonight for a meeting in the am and thinks he is going to be driving home tomorrow. I told him to pack lots of underwear in case he couldn't get back into KS.
Worried...
But I'll try to wait until tomorrow to worry with full force and fervor.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:57 PM   #440

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
LOL..Yup..I told him to watch the weather..His meeting is at 10, and will probably be over by noon, so on a good day, he could be home by 6ish..Hmm..He is a big boy and is pretty careful, so I'm sure he will figure it out...

Ugh..I watched some horrible English spy mystery show in our DA time slot..It was very slow and boring..

We shall see what the weather brings tomorrow..We do need the rain for sure, so that will be welcome anytime..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 06:13 AM   #441

I ended up watching the Oscars. I did record it and ffwd through all the boring parts, lol. I taped that spy movies though. If it's boring I'll probably dump it.

I need to try to catch up on my house/laundry today. I haven't done anything for 3 days so you can imagine. And I didn't have everything back in order from our trip before I got sick. It's starting to close in on me.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:45 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I ended up watching the Oscars. I did record it and ffwd through all the boring parts, lol. I taped that spy movies though. If it's boring I'll probably dump it.

I need to try to catch up on my house/laundry today. I haven't done anything for 3 days so you can imagine. And I didn't have everything back in order from our trip before I got sick. It's starting to close in on me.
Stop describing my house for which I have NO good excuse like travel or sickness! I'm chipping away at it...

Blizzard in western Oklahoma! I confess I enjoy weather in Oklahoma - the situation does change fairly quickly around the eastern part, anyway.

My SS (skinny sister) said her friend tried Linda Sue's noodles, which I'd never heard of - any of you try them? She said they loved them and when she put them in chicken soup they were just like noodles?

Here it is:

EGG CREPES OR NOODLES
3 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
Pinch pepper

Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Pour 3 tablespoons of the egg mixture into a hot buttered 7-8" skillet and swirl around until the mixture coats the bottom of the pan. Cook until the eggs are set but not browned. Flip and lightly cook the other side. Use as crepes in recipes or cut into strips to make "noodles".

Makes 4 crepes or 4 servings
Can be frozen

Per Serving: 82 Calories; 7g Fat; 5g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

I made these to use in Nancy's Easy Chunky Chicken & Vegetable Soup. They do look a lot like egg noodles, but they taste like eggs. If you like egg drop soup, you will most likely like them in your soup. I recommend cutting them a little thinner and smaller than I did. I thought mine were a little too big. I haven't tried using these as crepes yet, but bear in mind that they will taste more "eggy" than regular crepes.

UPDATE: I've adjusted the recipe to make 4 thinner crepes now that I know that they come out a little too thick as only 3 crepes.

Here's how they look as noodles:

(attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LS eggnoodles.jpg (18.4 KB, 3 views)
Old 02-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #443

Thanks Judy!! I'm trying these today!!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:04 AM   #444
Junior LCF Member

Good morning!

Wow! So much information! I'm sorry if I miss someone!

Buffy- Take it easy. I'm sure that your sister in Arizona will understand. And personally, I think the visits where people hang out with each other and not worry about "filling the time" can be the most meaningful. My mom says this too. When she visits my family, we mostly enjoy each other, doing little things here and there. When she visits my brother's family, they try to cram in as many activities as possible. I think that just tires her out and makes her not be able to concentrate on the people, only the activities.

What's this about your sodium level? How does the doc think LC will make it dip again?

That shower sounds fantastic! Too bad there weren’t more LC options. Cucumbers with cream cheese would have been perfect! I hear you on the “stuff” front with kids. My kids have, imo, lots of stuff. When they go to friends’ houses, however, they report back how much MORE everyone else has. I tell them too bad and try not to concentrate on the material. It is a very dangerous thing, this materialistic society!

Mary Kay- Sorry about the sickies!!

Cindy- WOW! All the snow! I am missing it… just a little… LOL

Carolyn- Keep us posted on Brett.

Sandy- I’m home all the time and I still feel like I’m never caught up with the chores!! Don’t feel so badly!

As for me, DH came home last night (plane was late and didn’t get in until 10:30 pm). He goes to England today for the week. Single parenthood… blech, but I’ll live. The kids miss their dad though! DH did say that he sees the weight loss and that he’s proud. I told him he MUST get back on the wagon (he was down to 185 and very fit, but this new job, and Tex-Mex here in Texas, has gotten him back up to 215). He started in with the excuses of “British Food, etc”. I’ll keep gently coaxing, but I worry for his health. He has fatty liver (both from carbs and too much alcohol) and it’s still at the point it can be reversed. (In fact, it was bad about 6 years back and when he lost the weight it went back to normal.) My dad died at 52 from cancer caused by lifestyle choices and I don’t want to see my DH go down that path.

Oh- and I’m down another 1.5 lbs!! That’s 8 lbs in 7 days. I CANNOT believe it! YIPPEE!!

Thanks for reading if you made it this far! (Maybe the urge to type is a Texas thing Buffy??? ) Happy Monday!
BJ
Old 02-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #445
Junior LCF Member

Judy- noodles sound tasty. Maybe I'll put them in my chicken soup?
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #446
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi BJ - Again: CONGRATULATIONS on your fantastic weight loss!!!

I haven't tried those "noodles" but my sister's friend says she puts them in their soups all the time and they hold up and act like noodles. I've yet to try it. If Sandy makes them today she'll let us know.

I hear you on the Tex Mex - ONE of my favorite varieties of food.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #447

Well, I made the "noodles" but I find them very hard to flip. By the last one I figured out to just make them much smaller and then I was able to flip them easier. I'll report back how they are in my chicken soup this evening.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #448
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I saved some broth from the Buffy's chicken soup I made for the kids last week. I think I'll give it a go, too - thanks for the tip of making them smaller.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #449
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning!
Wow, a cousin of DH's posted pictures on FB of their 11 inches of snow in the panhandle of TX. Odd weather anymore. I think we have a chance for rain today, then supposed to be sunny and in the 50's the rest of the week. But, that was the forecast last night, as we all know, that can and will change.

Lots of posts after I was on here yesterday, I love our little family here. We are so interesting!! Aren't we??? As long as we think so

Sandy, hope you are better and I know how you feel about the house and getting things in order, I have had that feeling a LOT lately and it bugs us, but, when you feel good, remember, it doesn't take long at all to whip it back into shape. I get the laundry done, the picking up and order done but thank heavens I have the cleaning lady that comes in every 2 weeks. I just could not get through that on my own right now.

Judy, when you posted the recipe about the noodles, the first thought that crossed my mind was egg drop soup, probably partly because I just had some the other day. I can see where these would work for that but do think they would taste more towards the eggy side as opposed to the flour noodle side. But, that being said, I love egg drop soup, so will probably be good.

BJ, your weight loss is going smashingly well! Me thinks you have your ratios and all figured out just perfect.

On my sodium level, the reason the Dr. said that about the LC is that it did lower my level, and, when I got out of the hospital the 2nd time and fell off the LC wagon, my level came back up. But, in following nutritional ketosis, NK, which is what I was doing, they tell you to drink a cup of broth daily and I did not usually do that. So, trying to get back on the wagon, I am trying to incorporate that. LC does flush you out more and with me, that also meant flushing out the sodium.

Carolyn, hope Gary does not hit bad weather driving home from Omaha today.

Sandy, I only watched a little bit of the Oscars, I like them but it is way too draggy. What did you think of the dresses this year? That is part of why I watch, LOL, and my reserved cousin put on FB that there were a lot of really ugly dresses? I usually love most of the dresses so am curious.

Cindy, are you covered with snow?

MK, sorry your DH has to share so much with you, like this latest cold

I am going to try to get some LC food prep done today. I have a dozen eggs to boil, want to make some chicken salad and bought a big tray of chicken thighs yesterday. Want to bake a couple for dinner tonight and will boil some to make my chicken broth and stewed chicken. I have decided I prefer the dark meat over the white and the thighs have the most meat for the amount of bone picking that needs to be done, so going to try just stewing them. The disadvantage of not adding the breast is that you get the most meat from those pieces but like I said, I prefer the dark meat.

That and a load of laundry might be the whole of my day! Need a couple of things from the store but me thinks DH should do that errand for me.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:31 AM   #450
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh Lord, look how long my post turned out again. Flying fingers, be still