Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #391
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 9/3/2012
Meant to say Debbie, hope your pain is better, not Judy. Judy, hope u aren't in pain
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 12:58 PM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Meant to say Debbie, hope your pain is better, not Judy. Judy, hope u aren't in pain
We knew what you meant....

Only in pain over wishing I could share my chili with all of you.
Of course I've got MK's in the mail...
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #393
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi..

No exercise..but went for coffee with a friend..then grocery shopping..I'm doing a whole chicken in my clay pot that I bought years ago..You sit the casserole in water, then bake it at a high temperature..Have to look on the net for the recipe..It has been many moons since I used it.

That chili looks wonderful..I wonder if it can be made less hot by skipping the hot sauce..????

Wonder how Buffy made it out at the doctor..

Snow is melting..so it is easy to get around..Now the temps are in the 40's...Almost like Mexico..LOL

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:57 PM   #394
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi..

No exercise..but went for coffee with a friend..then grocery shopping..I'm doing a whole chicken in my clay pot that I bought years ago..You sit the casserole in water, then bake it at a high temperature..Have to look on the net for the recipe..It has been many moons since I used it.

That chili looks wonderful..I wonder if it can be made less hot by skipping the hot sauce..????

Wonder how Buffy made it out at the doctor..

Snow is melting..so it is easy to get around..Now the temps are in the 40's...Almost like Mexico..LOL
I have seen those pots - let us know how it turns out. I can't believe there's a kitchen item I don't have!

YES! You control every spice going into that chili and come to think of it, I did not add the hot sauce - my DH will add it liberally to each bowl he consumes.

It's got cayenne pepper in it - you could surely omit that. You could omit the green chilies, or only use a tiny can or a small amount.
I also confess that while the meat was browning, I added probably a tablespoon or so of red pepper flakes - and they are pretty hot.

However as a bonus, a bowl of my chili will have a dollop of sour cream!
Kinda tames the heat.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:59 PM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

ALSO you all may or may not know that Honeyville is offering 10% off your entire purchase if your use the word ORGANIC as a coupon during checkout.
Today is the last day for that.

I'm using so much almond flour I decided to restock.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #396
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
The chili looks great! 3 out of 4 of my family members (DD, age 6, is still rather picky) love spicy food. I will try it when DH is home. (I think I mentioned he's skiing until Sunday and then goes to England, then we go to California, then he goes BACK to England, so probably in a month. LOL!)

Right now the kids and I are making our way through a pot of meatballs and sausage in red sauce. I make pasta for the kids. I don't miss pasta when I go LC... Just that blasted sugar!! ESPECIALLY chocolate. Dark chocolate is something I'll be adding in when I REALLY need a fix. So far, so good. However, I was STARVING about 3.5 hours after my veggies and fatty dip (sour cream and mayo!! YUM!). So, I ate my meatballs and sausage in sauce early. I only have, according to the best pal I have currently, 255 calories left. (That is after I eat my 1c. green beans and 1.5 tbsp. butter later with the kids at dinner.) I'm afraid I actually might get hungry tonight. Hmmm...

Judy- meddle away!! I love drama!

So glad I found the WOE and this thread. It feels comfy. Thanks for letting me *talk*!

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodb View Post
I only have, according to the best pal I have currently, 255 calories left. (That is after I eat my 1c. green beans and 1.5 tbsp. butter later with the kids at dinner.) I'm afraid I actually might get hungry tonight. Hmmm...

Judy- meddle away!! I love drama!

So glad I found the WOE and this thread. It feels comfy. Thanks for letting me *talk*! BJ
Oh we are glad you found us, too!

And we know you love drama, EDITH!

I'm almost surprised how glad I am to see her as an avatar. I've thought it was fairly comical how out-of-step she seemed to be with her entire family and yet she excelled at odd things... she's just a funny character, but she's grown on me!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:22 PM   #398
Big Yapper!!!!

Dr. Report
Good news, BP seems to be settling in at normal numbers on the meds and amount I am now taking.

Bad New, reread above . No, it's good but no lowering of meds for awhile. More reason to keep up the exercising,. Asked if either of my new meds caused increased appetite? Bad new, yes, one of them, which relaxes heart is Whar is slowing metabolism making me draggy and can increase appetite. Sodium level is now normal and he warned me about going as low in carbs as I was.

So up and down but I am alive and kicking

Last edited by Buffy45; 02-22-2013 at 04:23 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #399
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmmm.... Yay.
I guess....

There's no other BP medicine than one that makes you feel draggy and increases your appetite? Really?

Get back on that treadmill!

I sure hope this is temporary. Because we need you here in all your glory!!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #400

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I've been in bed sick most of the day. Yuck!!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #401
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Dr. Report
Good news, BP seems to be settling in at normal numbers on the meds and amount I am now taking.

Bad New, reread above . No, it's good but no lowering of meds for awhile. More reason to keep up the exercising,. Asked if either of my new meds caused increased appetite? Bad new, yes, one of them, which relaxes heart is Whar is slowing metabolism making me draggy and can increase appetite. Sodium level is now normal and he warned me about going as low in carbs as I was.

So up and down but I am alive and kicking
bummer on the side effects! And low carb also helps appetite. hmm... however, I lost all my wt. on clean-carbs & a lot higher carb then what you-all were doing, with no hunger. Guess clean-carbs & exercise are the options left.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
ah, so sorry you got sick! Is dh better now & able to take care of you??? I hope so. Get well Sandy!
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #402
Junior LCF Member

Buffy- I feel the same as Judy... Yay! I think... Keep the positive attitude and things will always be better!!

Sandy- Sorry you're sick! Get well soon!!

Judy- I feel the same way about Edith. I didn't really care for her and she didn't add very much to the show, but ever since taking this job, she is blossoming. Let's hope that continues. (Also, it's so hard being the "not pretty" sister...) AARGH! I need Downton now!!!

BJ
Old 02-23-2013, 05:15 AM   #403

Hi ladies..

Yes, we are all going to miss DA..but maybe there is something on PBS to take its place for a while.

Bummer Buffy..I hate it when meds make you draggy and hungry...Well, at least, you know it wasn't an illness that made you that way..it's the cure..(grumble).

Was up a pound..not good..147 cuz my weigh-in is Wednesday. I did eat too many calories yesterday...A medium sized breve at the coffee shop..Too many calories make me gain..

Oh..Sandy..so sorry you are sick, but at least you were okay on your vacation..The germs were holding out.

Dh and ds are heading up north..Dh is driving to Omaha on Sunday..(hopefully avoiding the snowstorm) and Ds is driving to Wichita on Monday picking up an electrician and they are driving to Minnesota to hitch up the industrial dryer Brett designed..(his first project..praying that all goes well)..Have to watch the weather forecast..
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #404
Big Yapper!!!!

Morning everyone!

Carolyn, Gary and Brett are headed in the wrong direction! Hopefully the weather will be ok and the storm is way past. Supposed to be 68 and sunny here today, was cold yesterday.

I have a baby shower to go to at 3:45, a tea and then on to a birthday party for our triplet grandkids. They are going to be 7 this year, wow, that 7 years has gone fast. Great kids but dealing with my stepdaughter isn't easy, so I just have stepped back and let DH handle things.

Sandy, hope you start feeling better but if not, stay in bed another day or so and get rested up and over this crud. Ollie is feeling better but last I talked to DDIL, she was getting it and they have company for the weekend. Supposed to talk to my son tomorrow to see how everyone is before I decide if I am driving down next week.

I think Edith's character has really bloomed on Downton. I like her independent streak, I have to admit. I just saw that "Call the Midwife" will be starting up again on PBS in March, that is a good series as well.

Dr. and I discussed the meds and the side effects and the cost yesterday. He did offer to try something else although he likes the drug I am on. It is working so well and after the scare of not being able to get my BP down for a while, I told him that I felt like I had better stick with what he had figured out for the time being. I told him that when I come back in 3 months, we can re-evaluate. By that time, maybe I will have gotten the other headache problem figured out and will feel better because of that. And, like Judy said, back to and stay with the treadmill.

Picked up a short pair of snowboots on clearance yesterday, to match the winter coat I picked up on clearance last spring. Now, I am all set if I ever travel to cold snowy country during the winter again. I wanted to have those things on hand but since I soooo seldom use them, if ever, I wanted to get them very very cheap, and, I did!! The boots were marked down to $49 and with my coupons, etc., I paid $22. And, I like them, and, they are chocolate brown, just like my coat. I even wore my coat twice this winter, on very cold snowy days here in Dallas.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:03 AM   #405

Hi..

Oh baby showers.. I am going to miss my niece's shower next weekend as I will be in Tulsa on a retreat..Judy, are you going to Extraordinary Women?? So, I ordered a bunch of stuff from her Target registry and they will ship it to her..Hurrah..I need to call her before the shower.

Yes, I think you are right to go with the flow on the bp meds..They work..and you can re-evaluate in 3 months. Hopefully, the headache problem will be solved, too...

I think we all need boots..I have a cheap, but nice pair that I wear a couple of times a year, but they keep my feet warm when I'm running around.

Dh, ds and I are going to lunch today. Then ds will give me his laundry to do before
he heads north. I will suggest he drive to Wichita and stay with Gary's brother and wife
on Sunday night..

I want to try Judy's Red Lobster biscuits..
Old 02-23-2013, 10:13 AM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

Oh Sandy, I hope today is a better day for you. Sorry you are sick!

WOW - way to go Brett on designing some awesome thing I know nothing about but it sounds so great! I hope you will keep us informed and I will keep his success in my prayers! Hope the trip to Omaha is is uneventful...

Carolyn you will lose that pound - it was a small indiscretion.

Buffy you are so reasonable. Hope your BP stabilizes long enough for you can switch to something less irritating! And I'm sure you're right about addressing the headaches relative to blood pressure. Smarty pants!

GREAT JOB on the boot shopping!!!!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #407
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning ladies. Not much happening here but love all the busy happenings going on with you all.

Buffy sending positives your way that your headaches will soon leave you. I had a period of time where my head was a vulnerable area. It's seemed to just stop one day and I never looked back. Hope this happens to you too.

Carolyn your son is an inventor? My goodness that is so cool.

Waving to Sandy. Hopefully you are getting to feeling better.

Take care everyone.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sharon!

Carolyn we must have posted at the same time. I PMd you.
If you try the Red Lobster biscuits, DO reduce the amount of parmesan - it's overwhelmingly strong in that recipe. But it's a great recipe - could serve to anyone LC or not.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #409

Hi gals..

Sharon: Brett is a mechanical engineer, but did make a catapult once..He does like to build things, but he had to go by the rules on the dryer...LOL..

Thanks for your PM..I'll check on the schedule as I don't have my own car..Thanks for the heads up on the Parmesan..a little goes a long way.

Hoping our Sandy is better today..........
Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #410
Big Yapper!!!!

If any of you need boots, gloves, winter coats, etc., they are on super clearance here now. Of course, the selection is really picked over and slim but, if you happen on something you like, nows the time to snatch it up. I never want to pay full price for any item, but especially hate to pay even half price when it is something that I kind of need for that once in a while time, but, know I won't use very much. One of my DD's likes both my coat and boots, I told her just borrow mine, between the 2 of us we still won't ever wear them out, not being from TX.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:28 AM   #411
Big Yapper!!!!

And reduce the garlic also Carolyn, both come through very very strong. Even if you are a garlic lover.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And reduce the garlic also Carolyn, both come through very very strong. Even if you are a garlic lover.
True.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:07 PM   #413
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 51 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
So sorry Sandy. Yuck! And we are due to get 6" more of snow on Monday!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #414
Junior LCF Member

Hello ladies!

Carolyn- Sorry about the pound. What is a breve from Starbucks? Is it a latte made with HWC? I went to SB between my kids's soccer games and had a Pike Place with HWC. I REALLY wanted a latte tho, but didn't want the carbs.
Hope your boys have safe travels. That's so neat that your son is a mechanical engineer. Please tell us how the dryer turned out!

Sharon- Uneventful can be good!! *

Judy and Cindy- HELLO!*

Buffy- Triplet grandkids- whoo!! Sorry that you and your DIL don't get along that well. I, too, am excited that it's warmer today (70 tomorrow??), but it was cold and windy this morning at soccer. My thighs are still frozen! I applaud you for being a bargain shopper! I only shop on sales/clearance.

I really want to try those "Red Lobster Biscuits". How much do less of parmesan and garlic do you suggest cutting back on?

As for me, I am down another 1.5 lbs!!!!! I can't believe it! 159 this morning. I'm sure this will slow down, but I am so loving it in preparation for the CA trip my husband and I are going on (business for him- wives get to tag along). I even feel less bloated, which is the best thing. I don't feel so squeezed in my jeans.

As for TV, I'm looking forward to the next season of Mad Men. Anyone else watch that? I will look forward to "Call the Midwife". I do love PBS. Speaking of PBS, has anyone watched Shakespeare Uncovered? I want to check it out. Other than that, I enjoy The Tudors (although I'm almost done with it on Netflix) and my HGTV.

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday!

BJ

Last edited by rosewoodb; 02-23-2013 at 12:24 PM..
Old 02-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #415

BJ: A breve is half and half..(maybe 1/2 of a cup, steamed) with expresso mixed in..It's like a latte, but with half and half..Less carbs, but more calories.

1.5 pounds...Hurray for you, BJ..We have our weigh-in for the month either the last day of Feb or the first of March..Whichever you choose..Then we report how many ounces we have lost or gained..or stayed the same.

Gosh, I hate to give up our Downton name..Maybe we can think of something Marchish that is like it..
Old 02-23-2013, 01:21 PM   #416

I forgot to tell you gals..Brett(25) announced at lunch that he had lost 35 pounds this year doing LCarb..I am so proud of him. He weighs 214 and is 5 11"..He still could lose a bit more, but what I am really happy about, is that he has learned how to eat LC and had
success with it.. He has a Quest bar for breakfast everyday..(he's a guy).
Old 02-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #417
Junior LCF Member

Carolyn- That's great about your son!! Thanks for the info on a breve. I'll have to treat myself sometime.

Good luck with your weigh-in!

BJ
Old 02-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #418
Major LCF Poster!

At age 25, many young men completely do not "get it" and they keep packing on the pounds with beer and pizza - so obviously Brett is smart. Good for him and good for his mother for helping!

BJ that recipe for Cheesy Cheese Biscuits (Red Lobster biscuits) calls for 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. - I think I'd be fine with only 2 Tbsp. total.

MANY congratulations on your continuing weight loss!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 PM   #419
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
At age 25, many young men completely do not "get it" and they keep packing on the pounds with beer and pizza - so obviously Brett is smart. Good for him and good for his mother for helping!

BJ that recipe for Cheesy Cheese Biscuits (Red Lobster biscuits) calls for 1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. - I think I'd be fine with only 2 Tbsp. total.

MANY congratulations on your continuing weight loss!
Thanks, Judy!! I'm really pleased! And double thanks on the help with the recipe. We'll see how it goes!

BJ
Old 02-24-2013, 05:43 AM   #420

Hi

I think we are getting rain tomorrow then some snow.
So that is good. Looks like KC will get hit later I the day. Who knows??

Hope you all have a good Sunday.