Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #331
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I'm done with DA. So that's all for this season????? Ugh!!! The season was way too short!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #332

I don't mean done like I'm not watching anymore. I mean I've caught up on my recorded episodes.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:03 PM   #333
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
A couple of days ago I chopped up a bunch of tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, green pepper, added a little salt & pepper and some garlic powder, then dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

If you need a lower-protein side, I would think this would do it. I just added some avocado to it (for lunch) and it's just delicious.

Judy- That sounds great! My numbers today were:

Cal: 1317
Fat: 77
Net Carb: 37
Protein: 104

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #334
Junior LCF Member

Oh- and Sandy, I agree!! There was FAR TOO LITTLE Downton! I think I may watch the whole series again just for kicks!!

BJ
Old 02-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #335
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
I have some leftover crockpot lasagna that needs eating.

I made a pizza last night with that "Better than flour" for the crust - it's very good, but very filling and I'm sure will last for days.

A couple of days ago I chopped up a bunch of tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, green pepper, added a little salt & pepper and some garlic powder, then dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

If you need a lower-protein side, I would think this would do it. I just added some avocado to it (for lunch) and it's just delicious.
Hmmmmm sounds yummy Judy. We're having a late dinner of scrambled with spinach added. One of my favorites in a pinch. They go so good together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodb View Post
Oh- and Sandy, I agree!! There was FAR TOO LITTLE Downton! I think I may watch the whole series again just for kicks!!

BJ
You now? I was just thinking that same thing. I got this season in the mail the other day so I can do a re-start of this season if I get to missing DA top much. HAHA!

Have a nice evening everyone.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #336

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi ladies

Oh, Edith, we are so happy you found us.

Sandy and Cindy, are you getting lots of inches of snow??

I will miss DA, too. Might have to rewatch it.

Talked to dd tonight. She is adjusting back to normal life. It takes a while.

Stay safe, ladies.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #337

No snow yet. They've pushed it to mostly tomorrow afternoon. If they're wrong this time it'll be major. Everything has already jumped the gun and canceled everything tomorrow. If it ends up not being bad the poor weather forecasters will really look bad.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #338
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
This seems to be a particularly "difficult" to forecast system....
They will look bad if everything is cancelled and nothing comes of it.
It just seems like it's not happening the way they first advertised.

We ended up with sleet tonight, but temperatures high enough that it didn't cause a second of trouble. Now I think it is raining a little bit (we'll take any moisture!).
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:51 AM   #339

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi

We are having some sleet and will continue through the day. Dh is out checking the road.

It does look like KC will be getting 10 inches of snow this afternoon. Keep us posted.

Maybe today I'll clean out the fridge of those bottles I don't use that take up space..

How's everyone doing??
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:05 AM   #340
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thunder sleet!
DH has a doctor appointment so he'll be checking the roads here....

Carolyn I sometimes think our refrigerator is only for condiments. *sigh*
We need every type of pickle and olive and 3 or 4 mustards and my reduced-sugar ketchup and on and on...
Old 02-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #341

It's snowing hard here; we have about an inch so far and still snowing. Haven't listened to weather this morning. DH is home sick. I'm sure he got it on the airplane. He said his flight back to MX was full of sick people. And sadly, I think I'm also starting to get it too. And all my winter aches and pains and stiff sore joints are back in full swing too. I really would love to live somewhere that's warm all the time. We can really tell a difference in how we feel.

Why when it's snowing do I want to bake??? And not LC stuff either. I think it's b/c when the kids were little and out of school we'd always make cakes, cookies or cinnamon rolls. Memories, memories.

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
Old 02-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #342
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sandy -

I wish you two would rest up and find you bypassed any sickness.
Gosh it's hard to avoid illness after sharing the air on a plane, though.

Because baking not lc things is the best smell and taste in the universe? Could that be why?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #343
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Confession: I just purchased lupin flour.
Those cookies Peggy posted looked so good and she said there was no weird after-taste or background flavor.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #344

Update: we have about 8" now and still snowing. It's blowing too. They're saying 8-12" here and maybe 18" in Lawrence which is about 30 minutes from here. My son lives right between here and there.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:52 AM   #345

Oh, I'm making chicken broth today and I made bone marrow broth yesterday to help heal us up.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #346
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Sandy take care of yourself and husband. I need to get my slow cooker full of chicken bones from my freezer for some bone broth too. Thanks for the reminder. Love that stuff. We're heading out to our natural food store for some Nancy's plain yogurt so I can start making my own yogurt again. So must be getting dress and ready for the grocery run. Stay warm and watch those roads. for the ones in need.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:13 AM   #347
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GOOD idea - bone broth! Both of you.

I'm making a broth/soup for DS and DDIL 7-1/2 weeks pregnant.
They have decided they will be all organic. She's a teacher and sees so many behavioral problems in kids and worries about pesticides.
Can't say I blame them - told them I'd feed however they wanted.
$$$$$$

Also making that delicious tomato/celery/cucumber/etc. salad for them.
$$$$
Old 02-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #348
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Our forecast seems to have been off as well. Was supposed to be bad thunderstorms this morning and I haven't heard one crack of thunder yet and it is damp and cloudy but not raining right now. Will have to text DD in Nebraska and cousin in Iowa and see if they are getting snow.

I am frustrated, I had 2 good days, Monday and Tuesday where I felt pretty darn good and felt like I was really making progress. Yesterday had me back in my chair for most of the day yesterday, even went to bed for a while in the afternoon, just really bad headache and no energy at all. Gave in to it and rested, got a good night's sleep in anticipation of feeling much better today. Woke up with head pounding. These are the headaches from the neuralgia, if that is what is actually going on. The BP is doing fine. I am going to make an appointment with another neurologist to get a 2nd opinion on this but was waiting to get the BP completely sorted out before I did that. Sorry, I am just venting this morning!

Sandy, so glad you are back and caught up on DA, and yes, it flies by way too quickly, such a good series. Sorry you and DH both are feeling puny, easy to get sick while traveling, especially as we get a little older and we aren't quite as strong as we were when younger. And, your wanting to bake high carb things brought a smile to me lips, that is exactly what I always did in Iowa with the kids when they were younger and we had bad weather days. Cookies, cinnamon rolls, cake or pies and some sort of soup. Great memories.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #349
Big Yapper!!!!

BJ, glad you got your Edith picture up. I am fascinated by her hair and her character really bloomed this past season.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:34 AM   #350
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What did the first neurologist expect the outcome of the neuralgia to be?
I mean, how long is this supposed to last?

I wish you would not apologize for letting us know what's going on with you - most of us (OK - ME! ) are quite interested...
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #351
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Update: we have about 8" now and still snowing. It's blowing too. They're saying 8-12" here and maybe 18" in Lawrence which is about 30 minutes from here. My son lives right between here and there.
9" in the driveway here and still snowing. Took me 1 1/2 hours to get home. Am loving my 3/4 ton Suburban!!
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #352
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boot day!
Hot chocolate day!

For the last two days I've heated up a cup of Hood Chocolate milk. One cup is 80 calories, 4.5g fat, 4 net carbs- it is so good.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #353
Junior LCF Member

WOW! The snow some of you are having reminds me of my childhood in central NY state. I don't miss it down here in Texas, but my kids would sure like to go sledding!! My husband is currently skiing in Utah, and to his disappointment the storm that was supposed to drop 1-2' only dropped a few inches. Tough life, right?!!

Sandy and Buffy- Sorry about the illnesses. I hope all feel better soon.

That Hood Chocolate milk sounds like a good idea when the carb cravings get bad. On day 4 now, down 3.5 lbs, and full after a OMM made of 2 tbsp. each flax and almond meal, 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut, 1 tbsp butter in (and an additional one spread on after), 1 egg, 1/2 tsp. baking powder, 1 tsp. each heavy cream and Torani SF caramel. YUM and SATISFIED!

Maybe steamed green beans with butter, some avocado, and some leftover sausage/meatballs for dinner.

Enjoy!

BJ
Old 02-21-2013, 11:16 AM   #354
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
What did the first neurologist expect the outcome of the neuralgia to be?
I mean, how long is this supposed to last?

I wish you would not apologize for letting us know what's going on with you - most of us (OK - ME! ) are quite interested...
Judy!

I really don't know much about the neuralgia as I never followed up with the first neurosurgeon who was in the first hospital I went to. She came in, told us about it, thought perhaps it was the cause of the high BP problems and said to follow up with a partner of hers in 2 weeks. She told me to go on this regimen of high doses of advil for those 2 weeks, which I did, but, I did not go to follow up. I talked to my regular Dr. and we had decided that since I didn't know the first neuro's partner and he was quite a ways from me, why not see a neurologist that my Dr. knew, right here close. That was right before I ended up in ER again with BP problems and since then, that has been the focus, BP, BP, BP. But, we seem to be getting that taken care of, at the expense of lots of BP meds, but, it is settling in where it should be. I am consitently getting numbers of say 127/81, etc. We will see what the cardio Dr. gets in his office tomorrow as to whether he lowers my meds anymore or I have to stay with this amount for the time being. So, since that seems to be getting taken care of, and the other headaches are still with me on a daily basis, I am now turning to getting that looked into and trying to see what can be done for it. If that is indeed, what is causing these headaches, I can't find much if anything on the internet that points towards a cure for them, several different types of treatment but some can cause more trouble than they are worth, so, it might be something I just have to treat. Or, maybe they will find a big, hardened cluster of sugar in the right side of my head that has formed over the years of carb laden treats!!! Advil does alleviate the headache, I just worry about the high doses of it that it takes to keep the headache at bay. And, want to follow up to make sure that actually is what it is, it isn't like it is something they can "see", kwim?

Ok, enuf of that.

Judy, try the lupin flour today in some cookies, if I could make a cookie that tastes like a real cookie made from flour, Grant would be so happy.

DD in mid NE getting lots of snow, her schools were closed for the day but she had gone in to work, she is principal of an elementary school, but when I got a hold of her, she was headed home. My cousin in Iowa said it had not reached them as yet.

KC seems to be getting really slammed as well as other parts in Kansas and Missouri. Sun just broke through here
Old 02-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

BJ, I am northwest of Dallas, where in N TX are you located? We may be neighbors
Old 02-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #356
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
It's snowing hard here; we have about an inch so far and still snowing. Haven't listened to weather this morning. DH is home sick. I'm sure he got it on the airplane. He said his flight back to MX was full of sick people. And sadly, I think I'm also starting to get it too. And all my winter aches and pains and stiff sore joints are back in full swing too. I really would love to live somewhere that's warm all the time. We can really tell a difference in how we feel.

Why when it's snowing do I want to bake??? And not LC stuff either. I think it's b/c when the kids were little and out of school we'd always make cakes, cookies or cinnamon rolls. Memories, memories.
Oh Sandy, we had the flu go thru the house last week. My DBF had fevers, chills, then the dreaded GI portion! I'm yelling at him, "No, throw up in the side of the sink that has a garbage disposal!"
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:24 AM   #357
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Advil does alleviate the headache, I just worry about the high doses of it that it takes to keep the headache at bay. And, want to follow up to make sure that actually is what it is, it isn't like it is something they can "see", kwim?
Yes - I see what you mean, and I appreciate your explanation.
I worry about constantly treating something, also, without finding the reason...

Quote:
Judy, try the lupin flour today in some cookies, if I could make a cookie that tastes like a real cookie made from flour, Grant would be so happy.
I just ordered today! Of course I ordered NINE POUNDS!! All based on Peggy's lemon cookie. I saw you asked about chocolate which I would LOVE to be able to make.
When that flour comes it will be my first priority and I'll report immediately!
Old 02-21-2013, 11:25 AM   #358
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
Oh Sandy, we had the flu go thru the house last week. My DBF had fevers, chills, then the dreaded GI portion! I'm yelling at him, "No, throw up in the side of the sink that has a garbage disposal!"
My DH did that once.
I nearly called the hazmat team.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:31 PM   #359
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
BJ, I am northwest of Dallas, where in N TX are you located? We may be neighbors
I'm in Colleyville, about 30 minutes SW (mostly south) of you. COOL!!

BJ
Old 02-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #360
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy - not a chocolate cookie, but I did make drjlocarb's version of Cheez-its from Ouizoid's Fantastic Flour recipe.
As she described, it's better the second day. And they are a little dry - from the coconut flour, I think.
Still, the taste is VERY good and the portion control is pretty good because of the fiber - for me at least. Mine kept very fresh in a sealed baggie for over a week.

Seems like low carb is always looking for a good cracker - this is easy and might be good to try for Grant? Here's her recipe with her notes:

Almost CHEEZ-ITS

1/2c. Ouizoid’s Basic Flour Mix
4 oz cheddar
2T. room temp butter
splash of Worcestershire sauce
1/8t. salt
dash of ground mustard
3-4 T. cold water

Process all together, add water until a ball forms
Refrigerate 20-30 min
Roll out thin on parchment paper
Bake 375 for 8-10 min.

They were not as crisp as I would like so I put them on a wire rack and put them back in the warm oven with the door open for ?...
Lost track of time at that point

They are much better today than they were yesterday. CHEESY AND CRISP!