Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:36 AM   #301
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Morning!

Crazy day yesterday!

Found a bird flying around my kitchen after I got out of the shower and with help from the kids managed to get a window open and shoo it out.

After getting DS23 and Emily out the door, I went to the gym, PEO, and then home to walk the dog.
After dinner it started the windy, icy, sleeting mess that knocked out the power from 8:00 pm to 2:00 am . . . I woke up several times during the night . . . so today should be interesting!

Buffy - I Gosford park!!
Julian Fellowes is a good writer!!

Judy - so exciting!!!!

Cindy - Any place Sandy is has to be better weather than we're having right now!!

Carolyn - I'll meet you at the gym, OK!

Debby - so DH is better?

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #302
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
MK - do we know how the bird got in? Goodness! And I am sure it was nice to have some help with that.

My gosh - we are having a pretty OK weather day here, but possible ice is possibly forecast (possibly) for tomorrow. I do not care for life without electricity. I much prefer electricity.

If MK and Carolyn are going to the gym, I'm going too.

Hello to all.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #303
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Just off treadmill, my gym!!
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #304
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, Cindy, nice twist to Gosford park, MK, anything else we should watch that is simliar?

Little Ollie running a fever with upper respiratory. Although I would have liked to have gone there to help rock him and comfort him, Dr. said it was contagious so Mema stayed away, looks like I will have to wait until next week.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #305
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Thanks for the Gosford Park review..Will watch it..Snow is coming, so that is a perfect time to watch..

Poor little Ollie..hope he is better soon..Mema needs to stay away..So many sick people around here..I got my oil of oregano today..So, I'm all set.

I did 3 miles at the gym..My friend who owns the gym was wondering where I was these past days..If I don't go first thing in the a.m., then I don't go..but I have lots of stuff here I can do..

Hope Sandy doesn't land home in the middle of a snowstorm..Not fun.

Leftover pork roast for dinner and frozen cauliflower with cheese..I might make a salad if I am ambitious..LOL..

CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #306
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor Ollie! I agree, though, that you will see him as soon as you can.

I ordered the Gosford Park DVD from my library - 7 people ahead of me...
Old 02-19-2013, 05:08 PM   #307
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
I found it on Netflex and plan to see it tonight. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the review also.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #308
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Hi y'all!

Wonderful job everyone on the exercise!! Warms my heart!
I also got my exercise done. Have had to increase the tension on the Flex machine this week. Hope that's the right thing to be doing! Enjoyed the "middle" of Biggest Loser through my work-out. Yesterday I only got to see beginning & end. It straddles our dinner hour. Can't believe its so far into the season already

Have a good evening.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #309

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Hola!!!! I'm home! Just got home tonight. I got to stay 17 days as DH had 3 extra days added b/c of his quick trip home during our stay. I stayed down there and waited for him to come back. He got back late Valentine's Day and within an hour of his return had a raging fever and was very weak. I canceled our dinner plans, made him go to bed and by morning he felt fine again. I think he was just exhausted. I hate to say this, but neither one of us was ready to come home yet. We really do like it down there and we met some more new friends this year. We had a great time. One of our favorite days was a boat trip where we saw over 30 whales, over 30 manta rays, hundreds, maybe thousands of dolphins, turtles, and a sea snake! Plus the guys caught yellow fin tuna! What a fun trip. DH's photos didn't turn out very well so we're hoping one of our friends did. And of course all the food was yummy. I don't think I did too bad on weight either. I weighed when I got home this evening and was only up 2 pounds from the morning when we left. So not too bad for over 2 weeks of excess.

I haven't read all through the posts. I'm so behind on DA that if I even saw that mentioned I just skimmed right past it. I'll try to catch up more when I'm all caught up on DA, which hopefully will be soon. Especially with this big storm they're forecasting. Ugh!!

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #310
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Here's the info on Julian Fellowes
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 PM   #311
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Hola!!!! I'm home! Just got home tonight. I got to stay 17 days as DH had 3 extra days added b/c of his quick trip home during our stay. I stayed down there and waited for him to come back. He got back late Valentine's Day and within an hour of his return had a raging fever and was very weak. I canceled our dinner plans, made him go to bed and by morning he felt fine again. I think he was just exhausted. I hate to say this, but neither one of us was ready to come home yet. We really do like it down there and we met some more new friends this year. We had a great time. One of our favorite days was a boat trip where we saw over 30 whales, over 30 manta rays, hundreds, maybe thousands of dolphins, turtles, and a sea snake! Plus the guys caught yellow fin tuna! What a fun trip. DH's photos didn't turn out very well so we're hoping one of our friends did. And of course all the food was yummy. I don't think I did too bad on weight either. I weighed when I got home this evening and was only up 2 pounds from the morning when we left. So not too bad for over 2 weeks of excess.

I haven't read all through the posts. I'm so behind on DA that if I even saw that mentioned I just skimmed right past it. I'll try to catch up more when I'm all caught up on DA, which hopefully will be soon. Especially with this big storm they're forecasting. Ugh!!
I think the fact that you "met some new friends" speaks to you two - obviously you are happy friendly people. And I would be sorry you had to return before you were ready, but your OLD friends here could hardly wait for your return!!

What an amazing trip you have had!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Here's the info on Julian Fellowes
Thank you MK!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #312
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for that link MK.

Welcome home Sandy. Maybe you and your DH might purchase a retirement place where you go, I know you always love being there.

Ok, all my DD's are caught up now on DA. Sharon, did you get a chance to watch Gosford Park? What did you think?

I went to bed early, hoping to get a nice long night's sleep and could not fall asleep, so here I am at almost 1:00 AM, messing around, trying to get sleepy.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:44 AM   #313

Hi ladies..

Welcome home, Sandy....So glad you had a great time.. and only 2 pounds over 2 weeks is amazing..I hope you didn't bring home that sea snake..LOL..

Who is getting any bad "weather" today or tomorrow? We are supposed to get it tonightish and tomorrow..Probably no school tomorrow and I need to cancel a meeting for the morning..

Thanks, MK for the Julian link.

Debby, I love the Biggest Loser, but Monday night the KState game was on and the Bachelor so I switch back and forth. Those people are amazing in the gym.

Poor KCity..losing JJ's restaurant in the Plaza area..What a mess..and people were injured and one was missing? Did Sandy or Cindy ever go there??? I'm sure my KC kids did..
Old 02-20-2013, 07:05 AM   #314
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post

Do NOT read the posts until you are caught up. Lots of spoilers. Sounds like you had a great time!! You got home just in time for the blizzard!!

Carolyn, I don't think I had ever been there. The Plaza is pretty but I really get down there about once a year.

Last edited by CindyCRNA; 02-20-2013 at 07:07 AM..
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:14 AM   #315
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Beautiful snow here this morning, but Carolyn you all are supposed to be a lot more than we will. I think that snow blower will come in handy!

This is a gorgeous wet snow.
Which means it's heavy.... HOLD ON POWER LINES!!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #316
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Welcome home Sandy! We missed you!

Good morning girls!

Have a great day.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #317
Big Yapper!!!!

Our forecast for today is thunderstorms! Our forecast for tomorrow is thunderstorms! I am expecting rain , thunder will make the cats edgy

We celebrated with Tinker, our oldest cat, for his 11th birthday yesterday. Since we adopted him , we really don't know his exact birthdate but I guess estimated when we got him, so now it is on calendar for Feb. 19th each year. The younger 3, which are siblings, are probably 7 or so, I need to go back and look at pictures and figure out what year we rescued them, not that they really care . We call Lion, Fluffy and Ashley (named by Grant) the triplets.

Got word yesterday that a lady I used to play cards with, 66, was in the hospital and her kidneys were failing. She had a heart attack at around 50, had lots of health problems since then and had been in the hospital many times, was turned down last year for a lung transplant. She passed away this morning. She was a person who always looked like the picture of health, even after she got sick over and over. It was always hard to realize how bad her health really was because it just didn't show on her. I feel bad for her husband, they married when they were very very young, he will be lost without her.

Yes Sandy, don't go back and read our posts until you catch up on Downton Abby, unless you already did so.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:06 AM   #318
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow - that's very young and she was young when she had that heart attack.
Very sorry to hear that.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #319
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: rosewoodb
Stats: Original 192 weight Restart 165/156.5/140
WOE: EFGT
Start Date: Original March 2010 Restart: February 18, 2013
May I?

Hello! I posted a message about being new here. As I read through old posts, I see that most of the talking happens here. Would it be okay if I joined in? Does it help if I, too, love Downton Abbey??

Thanks!

BJ
rosewoodb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #320
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

BJ!

It is wonderful if you love Downton Abbey - but we will positively discuss other things if necessary.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:58 AM   #321
Big Yapper!!!!

Welcome BJ, yes, we do a lot of talking here and where on earth did you get the idea we weremDownton fans ,
Old 02-20-2013, 10:05 AM   #322
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Welcome BJ, yes, we do a lot of talking here and where on earth did you get the idea we were Downton fans ,
Old 02-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #323
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Good morning ladies. Winter is back on the Central Coast. We have snow in our surrounding areas up in the mountains. Here we have a grade that we had an accident because of black ice in one area. Oh joy! Time for the heater once again.

Welcome back Sandy. I would love seeing the whales and all. It's just wonderful that you just saw 2 pounds to remove. Lucky lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ok, all my DD's are caught up now on DA. Sharon, did you get a chance to watch Gosford Park? What did you think?
It was pretty good. Not like Downton tho. But enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodb View Post
Hello! I posted a message about being new here. As I read through old posts, I see that most of the talking happens here. Would it be okay if I joined in? Does it help if I, too, love Downton Abbey??

Thanks!

BJ
BJ jump right in.

Have a great Wednesday and for those that need it keep your sockies on.

"Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it.”
Eckhart Tolle

Sharon
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #324
Junior LCF Member

Thank you Judy, Buffy, and Sharon! I am super-excited because I am down 2.5 lbs. in 2 days. I know, water and such, but am happy to see that kind of movement! Because I'd like to share (and would welcome any feedback) yesterday I was at:

Cal: 1386
Carb: 33 g
Fat: 96 g
Protein: 87 g

I definitely need to track my eating. I will overeat in a BLINK!!

I'm glad to be here! I'm going to go find a Downton avatar just for kicks! Stay warm, Sharon, and others who may be freezing! We are 46 and drizzly here in N. Texas today. It FEELS cold, LOL, but I know it doesn't compare to some!

BJ
Old 02-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #325

Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Carolyn, I've never been to JJ's either, though I've thought about it and have been by it several times. I feel so badly for all those people effected by the whole disaster.

I've had DA on all day as I try to catch up on laundry, etc. One more episode and I'll be all caught up. Whew!
Then I can start on all my other DVRd shows. It's almost like a job! Lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome home. It's good to be back no matter how much we enjoy going.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #326
Junior LCF Member

Hi Judy, Buffy, and Sharon!

I am very excited to be here. As I said in my other thread, I lost 30 lbs eating a low carb lifestyle. I find my body really does like it better than any other WOE. It took me about 18 months to lose that weight, and I've managed to more-or-less maintain it for another 18 months. Recently, I've been not closely watching what I eat and have seen the scale creep up (as well as just not feeling as fabulous). I decided I was ready for phase two of plan weight loss. I still have 15-25 lbs to go. (I am 5'8, btw.) I have a hard time feeling full. (I swear I can always eat!!) I'm hoping that by upping the fats I will feel more satisfied. 1400 calories is measly, imo, so it's not going to be easy. I appreciate this board for support!
Right now I'm aiming for 1400 cal (15% carbs/25% protein/60% fat). Thoughts?

I tried to make Edith my avatar, but I'm not sure I did it correctly. There is something to rooting for the underdog, and I really like that she took the job at the paper! (And I'm anxious to see what happens with Michael!!)

BJ
Old 02-20-2013, 11:28 AM   #327
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosewoodb View Post
Thank you Judy, Buffy, and Sharon! I am super-excited because I am down 2.5 lbs. in 2 days. I know, water and such, but am happy to see that kind of movement! Because I'd like to share (and would welcome any feedback) yesterday I was at:

Cal: 1386
Carb: 33 g
Fat: 96 g
Protein: 87 g

I definitely need to track my eating. I will overeat in a BLINK!!

I'm glad to be here! I'm going to go find a Downton avatar just for kicks! Stay warm, Sharon, and others who may be freezing! We are 46 and drizzly here in N. Texas today. It FEELS cold, LOL, but I know it doesn't compare to some!

BJ
That looks perfect to me -- anybody else want to chime in?
If you've already been eating low carb, it doesn't seem like your 2.5 lb loss would be water weight. Well done!

We have big fluffy snowflakes here (in Oklahoma) and it's only 33 degrees, so we'll have some melting but I agree - it FEELS cold!

Carolyn is North of me in Kansas and is probably snowed in!
Old 02-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #328

Hi gals..

I've been driving all over town..LOL..Snowing now, but it is melting..That is storm one from Judy and Buffy..Storm Q is coming in tonight..That will be the bad one..So, I'm gearing up for Gosford Park tomorrow and my knitting with my cat..

Welcome, BJ..You do need to be Edith..Find a picture of her, then save it to puter, then
click on Options and add the link down below and click on change..We love Edith..and she is still alive so far, which is a good thing. On the calories..they look good as long as you are losing..That is my "experience"..Calories do count, unless you are 21..

Oh, Buffy..so sorry about your friend..It is so shocking when people our age die..

Hi everyone...
Old 02-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #329
Junior LCF Member

Hi Carolyn (and all)! I got my Edith to work. Turns out I'd put it as my profile picture instead of my avatar. Oops! Thanks for the help!

I had a very caloric brunch (543 cal, 9 net carbs, 27 fat, 49 protein) and I've actually managed to stay full-ish. This makes me happy. Low carb meatballs for dinner. I'm going to have to make sure that protein stays in check, tho. What's on everyone's plate tonight?

Stay warm!

BJ
Old 02-20-2013, 01:23 PM   #330
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have some leftover crockpot lasagna that needs eating.

I made a pizza last night with that "Better than flour" for the crust - it's very good, but very filling and I'm sure will last for days.

A couple of days ago I chopped up a bunch of tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, green pepper, added a little salt & pepper and some garlic powder, then dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil.

If you need a lower-protein side, I would think this would do it. I just added some avocado to it (for lunch) and it's just delicious.