Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 10:56 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Good morning.

Thanks for your prayers for Grayson. Geremi was on high amounts of insulin during her pregnancy which affected the baby. He was taken to Wichita with low blood sugar, dehydration, and jaundice. I think he will fine as soon as he is in the NICU and will get what he needs. Geremi had a Csection so she is getting out today. I think her mom will drive her to Wichita. They are neighbors and church members.
That sounds a little better to me - I agree, I bet he will be OK after being in the NICU awhile. I'm sorry this happened.

Quote:
I saw George's free offer with a ten dollar donation to his site. I think it is in PDF form, isn't it???
I got the download without the donation. Now I feel guilty!
Yes, pdf form.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #272
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Debby that is a beautiful suit!!
Now you have to guess what size you are....
Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 AM   #273
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

George Stella says:

"The Link must be copied and pasted into your browser. Once at the “We Transfer” site, all you do is click “download”. Once the PDF File is on your computer you can open it! Enjoy!"
Old 02-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #274
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
I went to spin class, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, made Italian beef and a broccoli/ mushroom salad and now off to take a shower!

Carolyn - glad he's getting the help he needs!!
Judy - thanks!!

Debby - Great suit! Wish i looked like that in it!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #275
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi gals..

Yes, it seems as though Grayson might be let out by Tuesday..Thanks for your thoughts and prayers..

Dh and I walked the neighborhood..I'm tired..LOL...The youth sponsored a Chili Contest and Dessert Contest after church. No dessert for this kid..I did have a few fritos..No dinner for me or dh..

Dd made it back to KCity..

Judy: Don't feel guilty..Which book is it? I have several of his books and the recipes are great..
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #276
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
I went to spin class, did laundry, cleaned the kitchen, made Italian beef and a broccoli/ mushroom salad and now off to take a shower!

Carolyn - glad he's getting the help he needs!!
Judy - thanks!!

Debby - Great suit! Wish i looked like that in it!
Wow! busy girl!
Thanks, I hope I look good in it too! Ordered it this afternoon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Debby that is a beautiful suit!!
Now you have to guess what size you are....
Thanks for the thumbs up, helped me decide. Ordered it. I did have to guess at the size, you're right. Hope it fits!
Quote:
Hi gals..

Yes, it seems as though Grayson might be let out by Tuesday..Thanks for your thoughts and prayers..

Dh and I walked the neighborhood..I'm tired..LOL...The youth sponsored a Chili Contest and Dessert Contest after church. No dessert for this kid..I did have a few fritos..No dinner for me or dh..

Dd made it back to KCity..

Judy: Don't feel guilty..Which book is it? I have several of his books and the recipes are great..
PTL for Grayson!

Interesting contest! So, how did that work? Might be something our missions committee could do.

DH stayed home from church & we didn't go swimming. Nice quiet Sunday.

Have a great day!
DebbyL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #277
Princess Proofreader

Debby - will you post a pic of yourself?
I'm not sure I would be that brave!

Carolyn - sounds like a full day!

DS23 and his girlfriend Emily are almost here!
Can't wait to see them!!
They'll spend the night here and then leave for NOLA tomorrow morning.
Both of their bedrooms are ready . . . .
Old 02-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #278
Always on, slightly off

Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Yes, Carolyn, our last night of Downton is upon us, . Whatever shall we do? Me thinks we must all take a trip to England to visit the home, a friend of DD's went there this past summer, said it was wonderful.
So is the series ending?
CindyCRNA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #279
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
So is the series ending?
No - only the end of Season 3.
(like I needed my heart rate raised! )

MK I thought you were relaxing this weekend!
If that is what your relaxing looks like, no wonder you are so tiny!

Good job on going ahead and ordering the suit, Debby. Sometimes I wait so long - I can talk myself out of anything.
I am swimming again, too. Kinda glad you & DH stayed home and relaxed today, though.

Carolyn, this is a 200-page cookbook called Good Carb Family Cookbook. I haven't looked through it much yet. Just got home from being gone all day!

I have exciting news. Remember DS and his wife lost their first pregnancy last year. DDBP is now about 7-1/2 weeks pregnant. DS came over this morning and said he & his wife are also pregnant!! They said DDIL is about 3 days behind DD (do we know too much? )

I am so excited.... because that's pretty far along, right? Much better chances of keeping these pregnancies?
Old 02-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #280
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Debby - will you post a pic of yourself?
I'm not sure I would be that brave!

Carolyn - sounds like a full day!

DS23 and his girlfriend Emily are almost here!
Can't wait to see them!!
They'll spend the night here and then leave for NOLA tomorrow morning.
Both of their bedrooms are ready . . . .
Nah Mary Kay, I won't be doing that.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Oh Judy I'm so happy for you and your family. 2 babies are going to be so much fun for Gramma.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #282
Princess Proofreader

Judy - that's great!!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #283
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

AUGH! Crying with happiness over Mary's baby being born...
Then the ending....
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #284
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Good job on going ahead and ordering the suit, Debby. Sometimes I wait so long - I can talk myself out of anything.
I am swimming again, too. Kinda glad you & DH stayed home and relaxed today, though.
I have exciting news. Remember DS and his wife lost their first pregnancy last year. DDBP is now about 7-1/2 weeks pregnant. DS came over this morning and said he & his wife are also pregnant!! They said DDIL is about 3 days behind DD (do we know too much? )
I am so excited.... because that's pretty far along, right? Much better chances of keeping these pregnancies?
Congrats Gramma Judy! That's awesome!! God bless those babies!
Yea, I don't do much swimming (at least I haven't), but maybe with the thyroid getting under control I might actually enjoy it.
Poor DH felt like he wasted his whole 3 day week-end... slept it away. But it was great that he was able to rest & heal.
How long are our travelers going to be gone? Seems like forever!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #285
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

And thank all of you. We had a false start last year, so I have one foot on a banana peel right now. (but secretly so excited!!!! )
Old 02-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #286
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Congrats Gramma Judy! That's awesome!! God bless those babies!
Yea, I don't do much swimming (at least I haven't), but maybe with the thyroid getting under control I might actually enjoy it.
Poor DH felt like he wasted his whole 3 day week-end... slept it away. But it was great that he was able to rest & heal.
How long are our travelers going to be gone? Seems like forever!
Thank you!

Oh - resting may seem like a waste, but it is a gift and a blessing.
He will be stronger and be well.

I agree with you about our travelers being gone too long!
Old 02-18-2013, 08:04 AM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: LC/MP/HF
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Morning!
Oh what exciting news Judy, it will be like having twins!!! Your kids will have fun raising them together and you will be WORN out, LOL.

Sounds like everyone had busy weekends. I stayed busy, for me, and got some of my office work caught up, going to work on that again today. Grant (13) doesn't have school today so is coming over sometime soon and will spend the day with me.

DD#2, DSIL and Bobby and Ava are home from their ski trip, amazing how well those little ones have learned to ski. And, there is an amazing library in Telluride that the kids loved going to.

Very windy here today, you would think we were in March already and temp supposed to be close to 70 all week, chance of rain mid week. Spring is upon us.

Going to make some type of soup out of hamburger for tonight, have some rotel laid out and have salad makings and had DH pick up some ranch dressing from Texas Roadhouse, it is so good. Need to figure up the carbs in the soup for Grant's sake and mine, will make it as low carb as possible so he can have plenty, at 13 he is a big eater right now. I am a little worried that with the insulin, he will start to put on weight. He had thinned out this past year but now I think it was the diabetes which was doing that.

Downton was very good last night but that ending, , did NOT want that to happen. Will it be next January before we get to see season 4, unless we move across the pond? We sure do need some more wonderful series like that, really was something to look forward to. I just can't get into many of the series on the 3 main networks these days. I think "Call the Midwives" is coming back, maybe in March a friend thought. That one is good, not as good to me as Downton but very good.

Well, better get dressed and get busy, it is already 10 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:51 AM   #288
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Even though I heard somewhere that Matthew was going to die in this one I still wasn't prepared for the ending. It was so bittersweet and quite a cliff hanger.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #289
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Buffy if you like your soup, let us know what you put together. I like the beginning...

Typically, type 1s are thin, but not every type 1. At 13 it would make sense for him to be a big eater. But whether he is thin will remain to be seen.... some kids seem chubby, then shoot up tall and we see they needed that weight. He is really blessed to have you - and it seems he knows that!

My type 1 DH has a first cousin who was diagnosed at age 17 or 18 - right before she was going to college. She's not thin and has always struggled with her weight. She's also an RN - but has an advanced degree in that field (I'm ignorant of those degrees, sorry). So I love discussing diabetes with her. (just identified myself as NO FUN )

Ugh - that DA ending... so sad!
Old 02-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #290

Hi ladies..

Yes, I "knew" Matthew was going to die..cuz he is on Broadway now. Bummer..bummer.

On the Chili Feed..We had about 15 different chilis different peeps brought..Think roaster or large crockpot size..You bought tickets to vote for your favorite and then you could give a donation, too..They pre-selected judges to go through and taste the chili for texture, look, taste, etc.So, those peeps got awards..Then there was People's Choice Award which the peeps voted for..Same thing with the desserts..We raised $600 and it was fun..There was cornbread, cheddar cheese, sour cream, saltines for add ons..

Judy: Wowwooza...Congratulations Gramma..I had 2 miscarriages, so it is pretty scarey until about 3 months..I need a grandbaby..LOL..

I don't have that Good Carb Family CB..I'll have to get it.. Thanks, Judy.

Akkk..I haven't been to the gym since last Tuesday..and didn't go today as I had too many things to do in the a.m...But, will go tomorrow for sure..

I made a pork roast in the crockpot with the liner and just tossed the liner..Hurray..

Old 02-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #291
Big Yapper!!!!

Carolyn, so wise to know that Matthew was going to die b/c he was on Broadway, not sure I would have put that together.

Well, Grant and I went to lunch and decided he could have chinese, BUT, he would only be able to eat half of each item to stay within his carb limits. We had to kind of guess by an online nutritional site as this restaurant didn't have nutritional figures. He was a little hesitant but I told him that I would help him and that was the way he would learn to "live with" his diabetes, eyeball portions, figure nearest carb counts, if it was something he was really wanting, learn to eat less of that, and then keep a close eye on BS after wards. So, we ate, came home, he went outside to throw the ball and came rushing in an hour after we ate, knew he was low, tested and yep, 63. So, 4 glucose tabs later and he is going back up. What a roller coaster for him but he is so good.

Was so happy to see on FB that your friends baby is back in his mother's arms Carolyn, what a beautiful picture that was.

Chili feed sounds like fun, good eats and a good fund raiser.

I still have to hit the treadmill this afternoon. Have 1 more bill to pay, a bid to get emailed and some clothes to hang. My chair is starting to call me....
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #292
Always on, slightly off

OK, I know Sandy went on vaca but this is getting ridiculous!!! I've been back over a week!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 02:14 PM   #293
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyCRNA View Post
OK, I know Sandy went on vaca but this is getting ridiculous!!! I've been back over a week!!!
Concur!!

I vaguely remember something about their staying longer, but her DH would leave for something during the vacation, then return to the vaca... not sure.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #294
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Carolyn, so wise to know that Matthew was going to die b/c he was on Broadway, not sure I would have put that together.

Well, Grant and I went to lunch and decided he could have chinese, BUT, he would only be able to eat half of each item to stay within his carb limits. We had to kind of guess by an online nutritional site as this restaurant didn't have nutritional figures. He was a little hesitant but I told him that I would help him and that was the way he would learn to "live with" his diabetes, eyeball portions, figure nearest carb counts, if it was something he was really wanting, learn to eat less of that, and then keep a close eye on BS after wards. So, we ate, came home, he went outside to throw the ball and came rushing in an hour after we ate, knew he was low, tested and yep, 63. So, 4 glucose tabs later and he is going back up. What a roller coaster for him but he is so good.

Was so happy to see on FB that your friends baby is back in his mother's arms Carolyn, what a beautiful picture that was.

Chili feed sounds like fun, good eats and a good fund raiser.

I still have to hit the treadmill this afternoon. Have 1 more bill to pay, a bid to get emailed and some clothes to hang. My chair is starting to call me....
That is really interesting, after all I've seen about Chinese food, across the board, raising blood sugars! It is hands down my favorite food to eat out, and I've only eaten at our favorite Chinese place once since last June.
What did he eat?? Is he on a pump? Noseybodies want to know!
And how great he is active - went outside to throw the ball.

DH was a tennis player.

I admit I have already treadmilled today. And we are cleaning out ONE closet - in DH's office. No like, but am tired of the clutter.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #295
Big Yapper!!!!

Grant isn't on the pump yet. Maybe soon, we will see. He had chicken lo mein, I tried to convince him to have chicken and broccoli as it seems to be lower in carbs but finally agreed he could have the lo mein if he just ate half of it.

Hit the treadmill and added a minute, so up to 16 minutes now plus a minute of slow down. And, a few minutes were at a higher speed, which still wasn't very fast, but I am on the thing!!

Judy, I hope you had caught up on Downton when I saw Sharon's post,
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #296
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I have cheated.
I haven't seen any of the episodes with Shirley McLain, but I have cheated anyway and watched the last 5 hours of DA. I couldn't stop myself.

Good for you on the treadmill! I did it today too!
Swimming tomorrow...
Old 02-18-2013, 07:21 PM   #297

Hi ladies...

Yes, Geremi was happy to travel the two hours (after a CSection) to see her baby boy..

You can cheat, Judy..I couldn't hold back either..

Poor Grant..I think with kids it is harder to figure out exercise, food, etc..insulin..

Back to exercise tomorrow..for sure..My gym friend will think I have abandoned ship.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:27 PM   #298
Big Yapper!!!!

Whew Judy, glad you ad watched DA. One of my DDs has not, so we are staying mum until she gets caught up

Oh, I see now Carolyn, I was thinking the baby came home way early. Being held by his mommy was/is so important.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #299
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey gals, just watched Gosford Park, written by the same person as DA, movie, very good. Watched it on Netflix.

My chili was so so.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #300
Always on, slightly off

Quote:
Hey gals, just watched Gosford Park, written by the same person as DA, movie, very good. Watched it on Netflix.

My chili was so so.
Oh, I liked Gosford Park. Nice little twist.