Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > Eat Fat, Get Thin
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 05:27 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39,000
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
JUMP INTO JANUARY CHALLENGE 2013

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,547
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
Here I am the first to report. I was down a couple of pounds but they found there way back. Here's hoping this month with be a profitable one for us all. Have a nice evening.
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:05 PM   #3
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,861
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,733
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Happy New Year!
Great picture Mary Kay!
Still trying to figure out maintenance & firm up.
  • October 129
  • November 127.5
  • December 127
  • January 126
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 AM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39,000
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Happy New Year!!! I was at 149 this morning!! Hope I can stay there. I started keeping track of my food on my phone. My carbs have been below 25 for sure and my calories are 1200ish. My LC dr told me to keep calories around 1300. That seems to work pretty well and I'm not starving.

Have a great day!!
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!
 
sjl330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Middle America
Posts: 12,477
Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Nov 1-144 (with my high weight for the month being 146.8 and my low being 141.4)
Dec 1-141.4 (high 147.2 the day after Thanksgiving and my low being 141.4)
Jan 1-144.2 (high of 144.8 and low of 141.2, so still maintaining within my window)

Congrats Carolyn!!

Happy New Year!!!
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #7
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,861
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Happy 2013!!!

I just sent DH and my baby (DS20) out the door to the St Louis airport!
He'll fly to Dallas, change planes to Houston and spend the night there.
Tomorrow will be Houston to Belize!

I'm so excited and nervous and the same time!!


I promise to only be crazy for the next 10 days!
Bear with me!

Debby - you are a teeny little thing!!

Paleo starts today!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39,000
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Mkay, your ds will have a great time. Each experience that our kids have help to grow them. It's a good thing.

Sandy, you have a good window for your weight. That is smart!!
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:27 AM   #9
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,212
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Good morning friends and 2013.

I cheated a little and used yesterdays weigh in as my Jan. 1 weight. My 2 glasses of bubbly last night resulted in being up a lb so I used yesterdays new low as my starting point for this month.

Even though I ate a little more b/c of the bubbly and drank 3 bottles of water before bed, I still have a headache this morning, but could be due to my recent headaches as much as the champagne.

Leaving for Austin early this afternoon headed for DS's house. Will try to get on the road early enough to arrive before dark. Babysit tomorrow, get hair done on Thurs. AM and head back home. Have appointments on Friday, need to take DSIL's mother, who is visiting from Canada to lunch on Sat. and then go to little Ava's 3rd birthday party which is late Sat. afternoon. This week will fly by.

All of you have done a great job in managing your weight during the last year. MK, let us know how the paleo goes, I just was over on that forum last night looking around and saw you joined into a challenge. One of DSIL's cousins lost 40 lbs on that in 2012 and loved it. Since you can't have dairy anyway, good choice for you.

BBL
__________________
Buffy
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,212
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Carolyn, I just put a link in December's thread to direct our other friends here.
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Hello friends!
Happy 2013!!

Mary Kay if you can't do dairy anyway, that should be an interesting challenge. I honestly am interested in hearing how it goes (but don't know if I could give up dairy myself).
You are allowed to be as concerned as you can possibly be for your Belize-bound son!! (we all feel for you and with you, we just won't show it as much as you! )

Buffy I hope I haven't missed you before your trip to Austin. I'm glad you had a little bubbly but I would have had a headache, too - champagne is just a headache-maker for me.

We had steaks for dinner and DH put in a baked potato for me, scooped out all the potato and I admit I ate the well-crisped skin of half a medium potato with butter and sour cream and thought I was in heaven. So I didn't weigh this morning!

We went to bed at 10:30 AND SLEPT UNTIL 8:30 this morning!
Couldn't believe it, but I sure feel well-rested.

Buffy you're not cheating - you've had a nearly miraculous month of weight loss. Your lowest low is still YOUR lowest low!
Carolyn what a great way to start off the new year!!! Congratulations!!
Sandy congratulations on having your window - and think of all you've been through just lately with family illnesses and how well you are doing.
Debby you ARE a tiny thing - well except for your muscles!
Sharon I'm sure those couple of pounds will wander away soon.

I didn't weigh today because of last nights' indiscretion. It's going to take me a few days of clean eating to want to report anything.

Happy new year to some of the best people I "know"!
__________________
Judy
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #12
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,861
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post

All of you have done a great job in managing your weight during the last year. MK, let us know how the paleo goes, I just was over on that forum last night looking around and saw you joined into a challenge. One of DSIL's cousins lost 40 lbs on that in 2012 and loved it. Since you can't have dairy anyway, good choice for you.

BBL
Thanks - it seems like an easy plan if you're already off dairy.


Hope you feel better soon.
And you're going to have an amazing week!

Can't wait to watch your weight continue to fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post

Mary Kay if you can't do dairy anyway, that should be an interesting challenge. I honestly am interested in hearing how it goes (but don't know if I could give up dairy myself).
You are allowed to be as concerned as you can possibly be for your Belize-bound son!! (we all feel for you and with you, we just won't show it as much as you! )


We had steaks for dinner and DH put in a baked potato for me, scooped out all the potato and I admit I ate the well-crisped skin of half a medium potato with butter and sour cream and thought I was in heaven. So I didn't weigh this morning!

We went to bed at 10:30 AND SLEPT UNTIL 8:30 this morning!
Couldn't believe it, but I sure feel well-rested.

Thanks!!

He was going to check his bag so didn't get the small sizes for liquids - so far the only thing they took is his bug spray.
I'm not sure why he decided to carry on . . .

Your menu sounds

I need sleep tonight - tell me to go to bed early!!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Dearest Mary Kay,

How many children are still in your home?

I recommend your going to bed early tonight.
Now don't argue - you know you need your sleep!

(The above was spoken in my best 'mother' voice with a smile on my face)

I figure the person who needs mothering has been doing all the mothering during Christmas & New Year!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #14
Princess Proofreader
 
TuscanGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In My Happy Place
Posts: 37,861
Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Dearest Mary Kay,

How many children are still in your home?

I recommend your going to bed early tonight.
Now don't argue - you know you need your sleep!

(The above was spoken in my best 'mother' voice with a smile on my face)

I figure the person who needs mothering has been doing all the mothering during Christmas & New Year!
Why thank you!

Only DD26 is home now! And she loves it ~ As daughter #2 of 4 kids, she's never been an only child!

I'm watching 1 more episode of Homeland and then I'm going to bed.
I hope!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:40 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,212
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Here in Austin, DDIL had a wonderful chicken veggie homemade soup, I had a small bowl, hope it doesn't set me back.

Ollie very happy to see me

MK, let us know how the trip is going
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #16
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscanGirl View Post
Why thank you!

Only DD26 is home now! And she loves it ~ As daughter #2 of 4 kids, she's never been an only child!

I'm watching 1 more episode of Homeland and then I'm going to bed.
I hope!
Oh I know you are, Missy!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Here in Austin, DDIL had a wonderful chicken veggie homemade soup, I had a small bowl, hope it doesn't set me back.

Ollie very happy to see me

MK, let us know how the trip is going
Precious Ollie!!
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!
 
sjl330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Middle America
Posts: 12,477
Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
Busy day! I had DD, DSIL, DGS and DGDIL and babies over for dinner today. I made braised short ribs and mashed cauliflower along with a salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. It was very good, if I do say so myself. And everybody else said so too. I woke up with the beginnings of a cold which has progressed steadily throughout the day. Just what I don't need right now! And the baby is sick too. They've both been sick but I'm really worried about the baby. He was wheezing by the time they left. They had me and my DD telling them to take him to urgent care. I sure hope they listened.
I really need to be able to go with my dad to his doctor's appointment tomorrow. He'll be transported and I'll just meet him there. But I don't want to spread my cold. Although I probably got it either at the hospital, his rehab place or church. It's about the only places I've been lately.
Buffy, have fun on your little getaway.
MK, get some rest!
Judy, your posts always make me smile.
Debby, have you heard from your DH today? What part of Mexico is he riding to?
Hi Sharon!
__________________
Sandy

At the beach.... time you enjoyed wasting, is NOT time wasted. TS ELLIOT
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #18
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,212
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Wow Sandy, your immune system is probably weak but your dads will be too. Can you have someone fill in for you or wear a mask? Worried about both of you.

Judy, wish I had stayed off scale today, good plan

Ollie just went to bed after dragging every toy out of his room to show Mema
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:31 PM   #19
Way too much time on my hands!
 
sjl330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Middle America
Posts: 12,477
Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
That's the weird thing Buffy, for some reason I "feel" strong? I went and got some all natural stuff you take every 15 minutes when you first start to get a cold. I think you only do that for 2 hours and then once an hour after until symptoms get better. I hope it works. I think I read about it on the NK thread? Oscillo?? something??

Colton got every toy out here today too, lol. He's so much fun right now. Cute as can be but starting to get that little bit of independence too.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #20
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Buffy45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lewisville, TX USA
Posts: 9,212
Gallery: Buffy45
Stats: Type 2 Diabetic as of 6/1/08
WOE: Ketogenic
Start Date: Restart 7/1/2014
Sandy, I picked that up too after reading about it
Buffy45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39,000
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi.

Went to Bville today. Dh's pants were too big as he lost 25 pounds this yr Good sales and they hem them,too. I got some tanks to wear under my tops for warmth.

We went to Les Miserables. It was great.

I take oscillium???? I think it helps. Take care of yourself,Sandy.

Have fun with our Ollie.
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,733
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Mary Kay, fun being friends on facebook So, you've heard from your ds? He's going to have an awesome time! We were there for a week or so. Very interesting & lush. Loved the caves we went through on inner-tubes.

Yes Sandy, thanks for asking. DH is now in San Fransisco - looking for a way east & out! I'm surprised he got himself in a big city... usually goes around them. They are going to a small town near Puerto Vallarta. It remains to be seen where they're entering Mexico. I checked out the ferry from Baja to Mazatlan for them. We took it when we were there, pretty cool & reasonable too. But DH will probably want to go as far away from LA as possible, so maybe they'll enter the mainland. Hope you're healed of that cold!
I had a rather lazy, but surprisingly productive day. Did lots of sorting/organizing of drawers, assembled my new steam-cleaner, vacuumed, Ski & Flex work-outs... and bookkeeping. Funny, I spent a long time online too, so that's why it felt like I had a lazy day. Tonight unfortunately, my favorite laptop is malfunctioning. The mouse keeps freezing up the computer & the Ctrl + Alt + Del won't even pull it out of it. Guess its time for a new one. DH wants me to get a tablet (for motorcycle trips), but I already have this miniature laptop. Don't think I'd like the tablet. I like to play scrabble! Any of you use a tablet?
I sure enjoy hanging out with you gals!
Good night Mary Kay! & all you easterners!
__________________
Debby's Day

DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:23 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Busy day! I had DD, DSIL, DGS and DGDIL and babies over for dinner today. I made braised short ribs and mashed cauliflower along with a salad with homemade blue cheese dressing. It was very good, if I do say so myself. And everybody else said so too. I woke up with the beginnings of a cold which has progressed steadily throughout the day. Just what I don't need right now! And the baby is sick too. They've both been sick but I'm really worried about the baby. He was wheezing by the time they left. They had me and my DD telling them to take him to urgent care. I sure hope they listened.
I really need to be able to go with my dad to his doctor's appointment tomorrow. He'll be transported and I'll just meet him there. But I don't want to spread my cold. Although I probably got it either at the hospital, his rehab place or church. It's about the only places I've been lately.
Dangit - maybe you could wear a mask. There's nothing like "being there" for the appointment, but obviously the last thing you want to do is spread that illness.

Pretend you are very hip and can't possibly interrupt your rock star tour by infecting yourself with the illnesses all around you, so are wearing a face mask and gloves.

SO hope they take that baby to urgent care! Why don't people just do as we ask them??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Worried about both of you.
Me too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffy45 View Post
Ollie just went to bed after dragging every toy out of his room to show Mema
CUTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjl330 View Post
Colton got every toy out here today too, lol. He's so much fun right now. Cute as can be but starting to get that little bit of independence too.
CUTE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi.

I take oscillium???? I think it helps. Take care of yourself,Sandy.
Jealous you all are "in the know" about this mysterious product! I have used Zicam for a long time and I think it worked like a charm. I'll be on the lookout for this new oscillium stuff.

Many congrats to your DH, Carolyn for losing 25 pounds last year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyL View Post
Yes Sandy, thanks for asking. DH is now in San Fransisco - looking for a way east & out! I'm surprised he got himself in a big city... usually goes around them. They are going to a small town near Puerto Vallarta. It remains to be seen where they're entering Mexico. I checked out the ferry from Baja to Mazatlan for them. We took it when we were there, pretty cool & reasonable too. But DH will probably want to go as far away from LA as possible, so maybe they'll enter the mainland. Hope you're healed of that cold!
I had a rather lazy, but surprisingly productive day. Did lots of sorting/organizing of drawers, assembled my new steam-cleaner, vacuumed, Ski & Flex work-outs... and bookkeeping. Funny, I spent a long time online too, so that's why it felt like I had a lazy day. Tonight unfortunately, my favorite laptop is malfunctioning. The mouse keeps freezing up the computer & the Ctrl + Alt + Del won't even pull it out of it. Guess its time for a new one. DH wants me to get a tablet (for motorcycle trips), but I already have this miniature laptop. Don't think I'd like the tablet. I like to play scrabble! Any of you use a tablet?
I sure enjoy hanging out with you gals!
Good night Mary Kay! & all you easterners!
As usual, Debby, I am now exhausted and dissatisfied with my lack of organization..

Hope your DH's trip is wonderful and event-free.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #24
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
DebbyL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 4,733
Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/134/128
WOE: Carb Nite to tweak~
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.& Tweaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
As usual, Debby, I am now exhausted and dissatisfied with my lack of organization..
You're so funny Judy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCM1 View Post
Hope your DH's trip is wonderful and event-free.
Yeah, me too. Guess he's camping out tonight. No phone # sent in.
I just made my head spin... hunting for a laptop.
Did you see Dr Oz today? He talked about thyroids today. Pretty good.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:00 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Shalbrihil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Central Coast California
Posts: 4,547
Gallery: Shalbrihil
WOE: Just keeping foods healthy
Start Date: June 2012
My New Years Day consisted of going to see the Hobbit movie in 3D with Dh. We both just watched in aw as the things came flying at us. Amazing!
Shalbrihil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 AM   #26
Way too much time on my hands!
 
sjl330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Middle America
Posts: 12,477
Gallery: sjl330
Stats: 184/141/140 5'7"
WOE: EFGT-Barry Groves
Start Date: January 2003
I think I feel better this morning. Carolyn, do you only take the Oscillium at the sign of a cold? And how long do you end up taking it if you only start it when you have a cold? I'll probably try to go to the Dr with dad. I won't kiss him (Dad, not the Dr, lol) and he's not riding with me. We'll see how I feel by lunch and then I'll decide.

Debby, DH and I go to Puerto Vallarta every year! We love it. It's become our very favorite vacation spot. That sounds like quite an adventure for your DH and his friend. Are they riding all the way home too?

I haven't heard if they took the baby in yet. DD said she'd let me know if she hears anything.
sjl330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 AM   #27
Always on, slightly off
 
CindyCRNA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,095
Gallery: CindyCRNA
Stats: 152/132/121 Currently 120's lbs, 5'7" 52 years old
WOE: 35%/25%/45% (F,P,C 1850 calories/day)
Start Date: Raising carbs 1/10
CindyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!
 
CarolynF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Kansas
Posts: 39,000
Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Hi guys..

Cindy...how is your new big baby???

I just take the oscillium when I first start feeling funky. I take it for a couple of days. Sometimes it helps a bit or maybe it is in my mind..

Sharon: We need to see The Hobbit, too..Maybe next weekend..not too many movies at one time.

Debby: I'm sorry I missed the Dr. Oz segment on thyroids..Maybe I can watch it on the puter..Your dh is very brave...Hope he has a great time.

Yes, I was proud of dh and his weight loss...He can overeat very easily..join the group.
But, I fill his plate and put the leftovers away right then..LOL. Portion control.

Oh, our Wallie has the Atkins frozen meals, so I got 2 of each kind. For lunch I am having the crustless chicken pot pie.. I'm ever hopeful, it is good.
__________________
Stop the InSantaity Challenge

153
CarolynF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:58 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynF View Post
Hi guys..

Cindy...how is your new big baby???

I just take the oscillium when I first start feeling funky. I take it for a couple of days. Sometimes it helps a bit or maybe it is in my mind..

Sharon: We need to see The Hobbit, too..Maybe next weekend..not too many movies at one time.

Debby: I'm sorry I missed the Dr. Oz segment on thyroids..Maybe I can watch it on the puter..Your dh is very brave...Hope he has a great time.

Yes, I was proud of dh and his weight loss...He can overeat very easily..join the group.
But, I fill his plate and put the leftovers away right then..LOL. Portion control.

Oh, our Wallie has the Atkins frozen meals, so I got 2 of each kind. For lunch I am having the crustless chicken pot pie.. I'm ever hopeful, it is good.
Forgot to tell you - I got one of the Atkins dinners. It's in the freezer - I think it's some kind of beef medallions?? I adore chicken pot pie, so... was worried I would miss the crust.

I made Maria's pizza crust last night. I was so hopeful. I guess our broiler is super duper broiler-y. After brushing the top with butter to "crisp", it was browning too quickly under the broiler at 4 minutes - very brown in one spot.

Obviously I removed it and spread pizza sauce over it. No bad taste, but the crust really absorbed the pizza sauce. Next time I'm going to add toppings THEN dollop sauce, then cheese and broil until cheese is bubbly and a little brown.

OR I might just have a little sauce on the side. The crust was fairly wet and droopy. The flavor was excellent and the "chew" was good. It was certainly easy & quick to make.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
JMCM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,580
Gallery: JMCM1
WOE: EFGT wheat free (grain free)
Start Date: June 2012
Speaking of Atkins products, I received 3 products to try free from Atkins.
I've only tasted one, but holy cow it was good.
HOWEVER it has sugar alcohols.

I ate it over 2 days' time and only one bite at a time. I had hours between each bite, so I had no intestinal distress.
This was the Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut Chew Bar. 1 Bar = 130 calories, 8g fat, 17g total carbs, 6g fiber, 9g sugar alcohols, 5g protein. They say 2g net carbs.
It tasted like a candy bar with no weird protein-y flavorings.

The other things they sent seem big and high calorie and high protein, so will probably sit around until I'm desperate one day.
JMCM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.